PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm screwed...

rational thinker
03-19-2009, 12:51 AM
So we're voting in my university and look at this proposed amendment which will most likely pass:

Bolded text indicates text that should be added to the All Campus Constitution.
Underlined text indicates text that should be removed.

All Campus Constitution Article IX, Section A will be amended as follows if this question passes:

26. Discrimination. The right to enjoy all these rights, all other rights, and all benefits extended to all students by the University, without regard to race, sex, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, Vietnam-era veteran status, social class, political views, national origin, religious creed, or any other arbitrary or unreasonable consideration.

So I thought all of it was great except that POLITICAL VIEWS was underlined! That means that I can be discriminated against based on my political views (which by the way aren't very popular) and they seem to do it in a slick way by adding religion, creed, gender expression, etc to be accepted. Political views were always protected but no more.:(

I attend the University of Michigan-- Ann Arbor by the way.

LibertyEagle
03-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Huh? The way I'm reading it, it means that you cannot be discriminated against for your political views, etc.

jack555
03-19-2009, 01:01 AM
That sucks! liberty eagle the text that is underlined will be removed. I think thats a violation of the first amendment if you go to a public school.

rational thinker
03-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Huh? The way I'm reading it, it means that you cannot be discriminated against for your political views, etc.

No. Political views was underlined, meaning that it will be removed. Meaning that it will not be included in "Discrimination. The right to enjoy all these rights, all other rights, and all benefits extended to all students by the University, without regard to..."

So they can discriminate me based on political views since it is now gone.

Kludge
03-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Idunno why they took out national origin.... As for political views, it isn't arbitrary or out of your control. Religion probably ought to be removed, though.

LibertyEagle
03-19-2009, 10:27 AM
No. Political views was underlined, meaning that it will be removed. Meaning that it will not be included in "Discrimination. The right to enjoy all these rights, all other rights, and all benefits extended to all students by the University, without regard to..."

So they can discriminate me based on political views since it is now gone.

Oh.... I get it. I looked over "Underlined text indicates text that should be removed."

Yeah, that's pretty bad alright. :(

MsDoodahs
03-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Yeah, that looks bad, most definitely as if your university intends to squash all dissent.

Not good for contrarian sorts, at all.

ItsTime
03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
So they are giving the right of people to discriminate against you because of political views? Interesting.

MsDoodahs
03-19-2009, 10:33 AM
RT, do you think they are allowing discrimination based on "social class" because they want to be free to encourage lots of "wealth bashing" like fits with the general mood of the masses these days?

1000-points-of-fright
03-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Why is national origin bolded and then underlined? Are they going to add it just so they can remove it? Sex is already in there but they're going to add it again?

That whole section makes no sense.

Kludge
03-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Lol, I just realized "Vietnam-era veteran status" is listed as being added.

1) So discrimination against "other-era" veterans is okay?

2) Why are they just now adding this? The Vietnam war is ancient history.

angelatc
03-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Switch schools. Don't feed the mouth that bites you.

Paulitical Correctness
03-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Show the local media. Get interviewed. Get outraged and create buzz.

ChaosControl
03-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Transfer to a less crap school. That trash heap doesn't deserve your tuition dollars.

And what the **** is gender identity/gender expression?

So they can discriminate against social class huh, but not whatever the **** gender expression is... idiotic.

acptulsa
03-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Editor, the Campus Paper:

The proposed changes to the school constitution include the removal of a ban on discriminating against students based on their social class. Before the vote, I would be very interested to know what sort of discrimination they have planned. Will they be discriminating against rich or poor students? I assume it will be the latter. Is this just a move to ensure they can keep the poor kids standing at the teller window while the staff checks to see if the check will clear? Will this mean the rich kids get Pinot in the cafeteria while the rest of us get tap water? Will there be mandatory fashion shows so the rich kids can laugh at the poor ones? Will no car over five years old be allowed in campus lots?

And political views? Back to the campus lots--will no car be allowed on campus without an Obama sticker? Will deans be following us into the voting booths to check up on us?

I find this very chilling.

Sincerely,

etc.

Kludge
03-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Will this mean the rich kids get Pinot in the cafeteria while the rest of us get tap water?

will no car be allowed on campus without an Obama sticker?

With fluoridic mind control, this seems redundant.

The rich vote for Obama/McCain because they will give them unthinkable power through vile means of rape and pillaging, but the poor will vote for Obama/McCain because the fluoride done made less there IQ.

Of course, survivalists, bless them, are the rare exceptionalists guiding us in this epic struggle against the NWO. Why -- I was just reading an excellent email the other day from an editor at Republic Magazine on how to make your own water. I won't let that fluoride get me!

MsDoodahs
03-19-2009, 01:06 PM

The proposed changes to the school constitution include the removal of a ban on discriminating against students based on their social class. Before the vote, I would be very interested to know what sort of discrimination they have planned. Will they be discriminating against rich or poor students? I assume it will be the latter. Is this just a move to ensure they can keep the poor kids standing at the teller window while the staff checks to see if the check will clear? Will this mean the rich kids get Pinot in the cafeteria while the rest of us get tap water? Will there be mandatory fashion shows so the rich kids can laugh at the poor ones? Will no car over five years old be allowed in campus lots?

And political views? Back to the campus lots--will no car be allowed on campus without an Obama sticker? Will deans be following us into the voting booths to check up on us?

Sincerely,

etc.

THAT is the way to go!

RT, DO THIS!

DO THIS!

Theocrat
03-19-2009, 01:12 PM
So we're voting in my university and look at this proposed amendment which will most likely pass:

Bolded text indicates text that should be added to the All Campus Constitution.
Underlined text indicates text that should be removed.

All Campus Constitution Article IX, Section A will be amended as follows if this question passes:

26. Discrimination. The right to enjoy all these rights, all other rights, and all benefits extended to all students by the University, without regard to race, sex, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, Vietnam-era veteran status, social class, political views, national origin, religious creed, or any other arbitrary or unreasonable consideration.

So I thought all of it was great except that POLITICAL VIEWS was underlined! That means that I can be discriminated against based on my political views (which by the way aren't very popular) and they seem to do it in a slick way by adding religion, creed, gender expression, etc to be accepted. Political views were always protected but no more.:(

RT, you should ask them what they mean by "any other arbitrary or unreasonable consideration," and ask if those terms would include political views.

rational thinker
03-19-2009, 02:50 PM

Sincerely,

etc.

Thank you so much. I'm gonna admit that I just basically plagiarized your words except that I added my name at the end and just sent it to my school paper. Thanks again.

rational thinker
03-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Why is national origin bolded and then underlined? Are they going to add it just so they can remove it? Sex is already in there but they're going to add it again?

That whole section makes no sense.

Yeah, they made a few mistakes but I think that it's because they have to record everything. Like national origin was removed at first but then lobbied back in there, get it? And sex being there twice I think was a typo.

rational thinker
03-19-2009, 02:52 PM
By the way I attend the University of Michigan-- Ann Arbor.

rational thinker
03-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Switch schools. Don't feed the mouth that bites you.

It's that not simple.

rational thinker
03-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Transfer to a less crap school. That trash heap doesn't deserve your tuition dollars.

And what the **** is gender identity/gender expression?

So they can discriminate against social class huh, but not whatever the **** gender expression is... idiotic.

I would except that it is considered one of the top schools in the nation.

rational thinker
03-19-2009, 05:12 PM
bumping for more ideas

rational thinker
03-19-2009, 11:32 PM
bump

rational thinker
03-23-2009, 02:19 AM
bump

armstrong
03-23-2009, 08:49 AM
I find this interesting, slowly putting things in place ---prepping for the future,,,hmmm

acptulsa
03-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Thank you so much. I'm gonna admit that I just basically plagiarized your words except that I added my name at the end and just sent it to my school paper. Thanks again.

With my expressed permission. You're more than welcome. Hope it works!!