PDA

View Full Version : What is your standard?

Klash
03-18-2009, 09:10 PM
One of America's biggest problems is confusion. Many Americans agree the country is headed in the wrong direction and have an urgency to do something but they don't agree on the proper course of action to correct our current heading - even many of Ron Paul supporters don't agree on today's controversial issues or what standard to apply them to.

So the problem is essentially comes down to Americans don't agree on the standard in which we should apply our government's policies. Many Americans, even those who claim to be part of a liberty movement treat individual rights as a buffet in which you can pick and choose which rights you support and which ones you don't (the Constitution Party is a prime example of this). All of us should hold individual rights as our standard when arguing any government policy; this doesn't mean we agree on everything but that we agree on the standard and when people argue positions that imply a different standard we call them on it point out the double standard and show them how they are part of the problem.

This is my first post but this country has me so freakin frustrated that I use to fantasize about a violent revolution but seeing the outrage directed at AIG in comparison to the outrage (or lack of) directed at the government, I think if we had an uprising I don't think it would help - not enough people grasp the concept of individual rights and I think we would be trading one form of statism for another.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you guys.;)

Nate SY
03-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Way I see it, if the Constitution says specifically (Forget all this implied bullshit, COIN implies that we can PRINT. No it doesn't!) that the Federal government can do it. The Federal government can do it. If it doesn't specifically say, the State handles it.

This obviously isn't perfect, but I think it's a large step in the right direction. That is my current standard.