PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Libertarian in conversion

hugolp
03-18-2009, 09:00 PM
To save all us some discussion Glenn Beck defines himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwfK91XnBdQ

ihsv
03-18-2009, 09:04 PM
WHY do they have to key-word spam all their videos????????

AuH20
03-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Beck is finally getting it. We've been sold a false bill of goods and it time to abrogate the contract thats been intentionally modified.

Conza88
03-18-2009, 10:14 PM
:rolleyes:

reduen
03-18-2009, 10:18 PM
OHHH CRAAAPP, he's gettin me......! Nooooooo, someone help me out here.....

reduen
03-18-2009, 10:25 PM
6:08-6:13 - Listen to that statement and then look into Becks faith and you will see where he is coming from.... ;)

silverhawks
03-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Either:

a) he's doing it for the ratings. Pure and simple Occam's Razor at work.

b) he's doing it as controlled opposition; pulling people over to say he's on the level til he does something utterly batshit insane that discredits libertarianism and the liberty movement.

c) he's actually seen the writing on the wall here in the USA with the change in administrations - that policy hasn't changed at all, leading people to believe that Government has become compromised by outside interests - and that both major parties in Washington just aren't going to act in the best interests of the American people.

Sooner or later, something has to give. Everyone is feeling this to a greater or lesser degree, and for good or ill, Beck is tapping into that.

emazur
03-18-2009, 11:23 PM
That was great. Beck needs to do (and do it right) a special on why terrorists attack the US. Then people will find out it's not that they "hate our freedoms" or b/c they get a free ticket to 70 Muslim virgins in the afterlife.

Liberty Star
03-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Everything is possible, in political opportunism industry of ours.

Beck: Iraq Withdrawal Would Be ‘America’s Most Shameful Act Of Immorality Since Slavery’

CNN Headline News anchor Glenn Beck said tonight that if America withdraws from Iraq, it “would be America’s most shameful act of immorality since slavery,” adding that congressional war opponents are “just plain stupid” and “can’t see the future.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/24/beck-slavery/

Has he apologized for his past opportunism yet before conversion?

MCockerill08
03-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Gross... but people do change. We are going to need to convert some neocons by 2010 and again in 2012.

A lot can happen in two years. We'll see in the upcoming months if Beck truly repudiates his warmongering past.

Everything is possible, in political opportunism industry of ours.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/24/beck-slavery/

Has he apologized for his past opportunism yet before conversion?

Sandra
03-19-2009, 04:49 PM
He'll run for office after getting "fired" from FOX for his "too damned emotionally patriotic behaviour". The blogs will rave about how we should all get behind a candidate that FOX hates enough to fire. My call anyway.

He Who Pawns
03-19-2009, 04:57 PM
A lot of you guys don't understand... unlike Malkin and many of the neocon pretenders who are making a "conversion" to libertarianism, Beck's conversion is legit. The problem is, he's a mental basket case. He's more emotional than a woman on the rag with hormone imbalances.

I think the best we can do is try to point him to educational sources, like RP, CFL, Lew Rockwell, foreign policy books like "Imperial Hubris," etc. We must make his conversion complete.... and then hope that he doesn't completely short circuit and embarrass us.

sailor
03-19-2009, 05:13 PM
A lot of you guys don't understand... unlike Malkin and many of the neocon pretenders who are making a "conversion" to libertarianism, Beck's conversion is legit. The problem is, he's a mental basket case. He's more emotional than a woman on the rag with hormone imbalances.

I think the best we can do is try to point him to educational sources, like RP, CFL, Lew Rockwell, foreign policy books like "Imperial Hubris," etc. We must make his conversion complete.... and then hope that he doesn't completely short circuit and embarrass us.

If we can get him to shut up for long enough to read one of our pamphlets!

heavenlyboy34
03-19-2009, 05:30 PM

lol!! :D Maybe he gets a little jumpy in front of a camera/microphone. :confused:

Chase
03-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Actually, the best thing we could do for Beck is convince him to read some of the Austrian tomes. Glenn Beck is sort of right on the economy, but I think there's a chance that he could be sucked in like many other people who read those tomes, and it would vastly increase the potency of his economic messages, while helping him put many other things in context in the way that few (like Ron Paul) can do.

RevolutionSD
03-19-2009, 05:41 PM
This is bullshit. He rips libertarians by saying we can't accomplish any of it. He says we can't "just pull the troops out of Iraq". Might as well be Barack Obama. This guy is a FRAUD, I don't buy it.

peepnklown
03-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I don’t think Glenn is ‘getting it.’
Glenn is jumping onto the bandwagon late in the game, he’s an opportunist.

sailor
03-19-2009, 07:07 PM
I think he is an opportunist but not consciously. He is a subconscious opportunist, he isn`t aware of it rationaly.

itshappening
03-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Beck is a fraud doing it for ratings, have you seen his numbers? he has overtaken neocon Hannity in a worst time slot

Number19
03-19-2009, 07:30 PM
This is bullshit. He rips libertarians by saying we can't accomplish any of it....I've been a member of the LP since '79, but I also don't have rose colored glasses on. The LP as a party has not accomplished anything on the national level. You have to earn respect and you can't earn that respect if you are unable to participate in politics because you are unable to get anyone elected to office.

sailor
03-19-2009, 07:37 PM
I've been a member of the LP since '79, but I also don't have rose colored glasses on. The LP as a party has not accomplished anything on the national level. You have to earn respect and you can't earn that respect if you are unable to participate in politics because you are unable to get anyone elected to office.

I dont think LP failed because it was unable to get anyone elected. I think it failed because it watered down its message in order to get elected into office to the point where the message just wasn`t exciting enough anymore.

I think RP is generating all this excitement precisely because he refuses to be watered down, but is instead taking a firm stand.

malkusm
03-19-2009, 07:58 PM
I dont think LP failed because it was unable to get anyone elected. I think it failed because it watered down its message in order to get elected into office to the point where the message just wasn`t exciting enough anymore.

I think RP is generating all this excitement precisely because he refuses to be watered down, but is instead taking a firm stand.

+1

You can attract people to your message without watering down your message. Not everyone - because not everyone actually uses their brain, not everyone thinks. But the true message of liberty will attract much more attention and support than a watered-down version.

sunghoko
03-20-2009, 07:56 PM
he was equating the patriotic act to the bailout which is an apt comparison IMO.

He says we shouldn't get involved everywhere in the world but can't just pull out right away. It's not perfect but it is a step in the right direction. I think anyone expecting a complete 180 is delusional and if he did, he'd only alienate his listener base. I want the message of liberty and freedom to be spread and heard to as many people as possible, no matter how watered down it is.

Now if he can equate our foreign policy to this current economic crisis somehow, I think he's right there with Ron. With his ego however, he'll have to have an eureka moment and claim it as his own.

silverhawks
03-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Just saw Beck "crying" on TV...

Sorry, but if anyone has to cry that many crocodile tears over the state of this country right now...he's full of bull, and his intentions are so far from honorable that he couldn't find his way there with a roadmap, GPS and a full unit of Rangers.