PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul-Bruno = Jesse Benton

FECwatcher
03-18-2009, 03:46 PM
From The Economist:

THE upcoming movie "Bruno", the sequel-of-sorts to 2006's "Borat", puts Sacha Baron Cohen's confused fashion reporter in a series of awkward, humiliating situations with confused Americans. One of the victims: Ron Paul, the earnest libertarian congressman/cult figure from Texas. According to Slate, "in a five-minute scene, [the] comedian tries—and fails—to seduce the Texas congressman and former Republican presidential candidate in a Washington hotel room."
>
> Mr Cohen must consider libertarians easy marks. In "Borat", he got an interview with Bob Barr, who would become the 2008 Libertarian Party candidate for president. Cohen/Borat handed Mr Barr a piece of cheese. Mr Barr ate it. Cohen/Borat then informed Mr Barr of what kind of mammal the cheese came from—smash cut, close up to Mr Barr's nauseated face. <b> One of the people who set up that interview, Jesse Benton, was encouraged to find another job. In 2007, he began working for... Ron Paul.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2009/03/sacha_baron_cohen_doesnt_care.cfm

MRoCkEd
03-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Hah. Rachel set up this one - not sure if Jesse helped.

Jeremy
03-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Didn't know he worked for Barr

Haha

Sandra
03-18-2009, 03:55 PM
So the author of the article was pretty much pulling details out of his butt?

Knightskye
03-18-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm having trouble getting the article to load. Can you post a screenshot of it?

Matt Collins
03-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Hah. Rachel set up this one - not sure if Jesse helped.Any truth to this or to the idea that Benton was involved? How would we know for sure? I'm not looking for conjecture.

Aratus
09-14-2012, 05:40 AM
there are days when I gotta luv our matt collins for his urbane decency and loyalty. i think we should galvanize the grassroots by sending around
photos of sacha baron cohen in his many almost sherlock holmes disguises. the thought is occuring to me that mitch mcconnell went high profile
on the metaphoric mass media by not only being part of the gop tribute to doctor ron paul, but also the three day long bandwagoning rhetoric for
the eventual eventful election of gentleman mitt romney to the presidency. if we create a network all over kentucky where alert rEVOLUTIOn folk
scan the horizon for anything or anyone tall, lanky, odd and unusual who has something like a press pass and camera unit hotfoot on getting a freelance interview with the guy who could become the new magority leader of the senate before he retires from politics, if we can show our true
and sincere appreciation for all the POSITIVE things jesse benton has done for the ron paul rEVOLution by making his well deserved day job that
keeps body & soul together a snap, then we'll make his transistion easier. we know that there will be several hot races in 2014 and as the time draws near, it may dawn on sacha baron cohen who sen. mcconnell is, even if he missed his fiery & intensely rarified RNC moment of pure oratory.