PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul talks to Obama, a short conversation.

ProBlue33
03-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Here is the fictitious conversion.

Ron Paul
"We can't afford the trillions of dollars it takes to maintain the empire abroad, we are going broke doing it, we need to change what we are doing, close all these bases and bring our troops home!."

Obama response
"OK Ron I actually agree with you, let the United Nations do it for us then, we are paying them dues anyways let's get the full use out of them. I will rally the other nations to support this for economic stability, and peace"

Ron Paul
"Noooooooooo", does a face palm.

With Obama in power, I will be watching very closely to see if he moves to encourage more empowerment to the United Nations.

If anybody can sell that concept, it's him. He could even use economic reasons.
Using Ron Paul popular idea with a twist.

tremendoustie
03-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Here is the fictitious conversion.

With Obama in power, I will be watching very closely to see if he moves to encourage more empowerment to the United Nations.

If anybody can sell that concept, it's him. He could even use economic reasons.
Using Ron Paul popular idea with a twist.

UN dues wouldn't even begin to pay for wars. Plus, it would be our troops anyway ...

torchbearer
03-18-2009, 03:02 PM
altered douglas adams passage for this conversation:

Obama rose to his feet.
"If," he said tersely, "we could for a moment move on to the subject of fiscal policy ..."
"Fiscal policy!" whooped Ron Paul, "Fiscal policy!"
The President gave him a look that only a lungfish could have copied.
"Fiscal policy ..." Obama repeated, "that is what I said."
"How can you have money," demanded Paul, "if none of you actually produces anything? It doesn't grow on trees you know."

"If you would allow me to continue ..."
Paul nodded dejectedly.
"Thank you. Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich."

Ron stared in disbelief at the crowd who were murmuring appreciatively at this and greedily fingering the wads of leaves with which their track suits were stuffed.
"But we have also" continued the President, "run into a small inflation problem on account of the high level of leaf availability, which means that, I gather, the current going rate has something like three deciduous forests buying one ship's peanut."
Murmurs of alarm came from the crowd.
But Obama waved them down.
"So in order to obviate this problem," he continued, "and effectively revalue the leaf, we are about to embark on a massive defoliation campaign, and ... er, burn down all the forests. I think you'll all agree that's a sensible move under the circumstances."

The crowd seemed a little uncertain about this for a second or two until someone pointed out how much this would increase the value of the leaves in their pockets, whereupon they let out whoops of delight and gave the President a standing ovation.
The accountants among them looked forward to a profitable Autumn.

"You're all mad," explained Ron Paul.

torchbearer
03-18-2009, 04:49 PM
//

Omphfullas Zamboni
03-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Kudos for the humorously altered story.

torchbearer
03-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Kudos for the humorously altered story.

i love that book.

tremendoustie