PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Article about Fred

wgadget
09-16-2007, 08:39 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/16/us/politics/16thompson.html?ei=5065&en=06396b6588b0d702&ex=1190520000&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

giggle

stevedasbach
09-16-2007, 08:46 PM
I loved this quote:

"... in a crowd that easily reached into the hundreds ..."

Meanwhile, Paul's rallies regularly draw over 1000 supporters.

Lois
09-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Here's another good one --

Fred Thompson's candidacy appears to be destined for failure

By GEORGE WILL

http://www.kansascity.com/273/story/275845.html

quickmike
09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
John Hall, a retired firefighter from Miami Beach who went to Miami to watch Mr. Thompson speak, said he came away impressed.

“I like his straightforwardness,” Mr. Hall said. “He comes across as a guy who stands by his principles. That’s why I like George W. Bush, and I see the same thing in him. You’ve got to be strong.”

WTF???????? He sees George Bush in Fred? This is a good thing?

trispear
09-16-2007, 09:18 PM
WTF???????? He sees George Bush in Fred? This is a good thing?
Yes. But for us.

I see a lot of GWB in FT as well, mainly in pretending to be 1 thing and really being another. And, of course, "stay the course."

Let's hope in FT's future, all "stay the course" will refer to is the golf course. Where he belongs. Not the White House.

quickmike
09-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Yes. But for us.

I see a lot of GWB in FT as well, mainly in pretending to be 1 thing and really being another. And, of course, "stay the course."

Let's hope in FT's future, all "stay the course" will refer to is the golf course. Where he belongs. Not the White House.

From the sound of things, it doesnt seem like theres going to be too much golfing in FT's future. Cancer can put a whammy on your retirement plans in a hurry.

"Some audience members, in a crowd that easily reached into the hundreds, winced as Mr. Thompson sweated through the question-and-answer session."

“I’m surprised they didn’t pull him out of there,” said John Chambers of nearby Punta Gorda, after the speech ended. Suzanne Miranda, who watched the event from a lawn chair, said, “I felt bad for him.”

Qiu
09-16-2007, 09:36 PM
His stump speech, while noticeably short on details, has stuck to familiar, sweeping conservative themes like lower taxes and what Mr. Thompson calls “the sanctity of life.”
hilarious.....

John Hall, a retired firefighter from Miami Beach who went to Miami to watch Mr. Thompson speak, said he came away impressed.
.......yet scary

jj111
09-16-2007, 09:52 PM
What a freak show the Republican pack is... (except for RP)

philipsantamaria
09-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Fred Thompson makes me not want to do my homework. Why bother? If I can become President from being a lazy slob, I don't have to work hard.

CMoore
09-16-2007, 09:57 PM
...a RETIRED firefighter.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, most of Fred's support comes from seniors while Ron Paul draws from all age groups.

quickmike
09-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Fred Thompson makes me not want to do my homework. Why bother? If I can become President from being a lazy slob, I don't have to work hard.

There ya go.

He should sell an educational video "Big Fred's 10 Best Ways to Become A Success Without Leaving the Couch"

He could make DOZENS of dollars doing something like that!!!!!

Sean
09-16-2007, 10:01 PM
"Several of Mr. Thompson’s aides said he had been spending his time being briefed, often on the phone with advisers. And much of the discussion has focused on economics and security, said Rich Galen, a senior adviser to the campaign. “He’s been going through the briefing books,” Mr. Galen said"

I guess he started the campaign to early. He needs advisers to brief him on economics and foreign policy. This is the guy who claimed to want Lincold Douglas debates. He would need fed through an ear piece to answer anything over a 5 second sound bite.

philipsantamaria
09-16-2007, 10:03 PM
"Several of Mr. Thompson’s aides said he had been spending his time being briefed, often on the phone with advisers. And much of the discussion has focused on economics and security, said Rich Galen, a senior adviser to the campaign. “He’s been going through the briefing books,” Mr. Galen said"

I guess he started the campaign to early. He needs advisers to brief him on economics and foreign policy. This is the guy who claimed to want Lincold Douglas debates. He would need fed through an ear piece to answer anything over a 5 second sound bite.

hahaha a one on one debate with Ron Paul...BRING IT ON!!!

quickmike
09-16-2007, 10:03 PM
...a RETIRED firefighter.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, most of Fred's support comes from seniors while Ron Paul draws from all age groups.

Yeah I dont know what it is about those older folks who think Fred is some kind of folk hero or something. Maybe its the fact that they dont use the internet. They come from the soundbyte generation of "a chicken in every pot" type BS without even thinking it through for even a second. As long as it sounds good, hey, thats all that matters.

Who knows.

jj111
09-16-2007, 10:05 PM
I cannot believe how much of a joke FT is. How could he POSSIBLY have any chance whatsoever against Clinton/Obama??

I don't understand how the heck he ever got elected to Congress in the first place.

What could possibly motivate him to be running?

quickmike
09-16-2007, 10:06 PM
hahaha a one on one debate with Ron Paul...BRING IT ON!!!

Ron would tear him to SHREADS with 3/4 of his brain in his back pocket. It would be embarassing to say the least.

quickmike
09-16-2007, 10:08 PM
I cannot believe how much of a joke FT is. How could he POSSIBLY have any chance whatsoever against Clinton/Obama??

I don't understand how the heck he ever got elected to Congress in the first place.

What could possibly motivate him to be running?

He was in the senate........ not congress.

He won because he drove around Tennessee in a shiny red pickup truck and those people down there thought that it was so great that a "simple downhome guy" drivin' a red pickem-up truck told them things straight.

SUCKERS!!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-16-2007, 10:14 PM
my favorite part....

"Minutes later, he climbed back onto the bus."

lol

trispear
09-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Fred Thompson makes me not want to do my homework. Why bother? If I can become President from being a lazy slob, I don't have to work hard.Hey, it worked for Bush:eek:

Sean
09-16-2007, 10:31 PM
He was in the senate........ not congress.

I thought the Congress was made of both the Senate and House of Representatives.

quickmike
09-16-2007, 10:34 PM
I thought the Congress was made of both the Senate and House of Representatives.

my bad.

I thought you meant he was a congressman instead of a senator.

Qiu
09-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, but the term "congressman" ALWAYS refers to a representative and not a senator.

Sean
09-16-2007, 10:35 PM
It is easily confused i think since only the House members are called Congressmen

krott5333
09-16-2007, 10:36 PM
this quote is great "“He comes across as a guy who stands by his principles. That’s why I like George W. Bush, and I see the same thing in him. You’ve got to be strong.”

quickmike
09-16-2007, 10:42 PM
my favorite part....

"Minutes later, he climbed back onto the bus."

lol

LOL

yeah, that was good. Chemo and high temps dont go well together.

Luckily for him the global warming rumors are highly overblown and he will have comfort in the nice cool crisp air of autumn. AHHHHHHH

But look out!!! Fall is cold and flu season. With a weakened immune system, this presents him with a whole other world of shit hes going to have to deal with on the campaing trail. Moms asking him to kiss their flu infested kids, elderly people with all kinds of bacterial infections, strep throat, all just waiting to pounce on him when hes at his weakest. Oh yes, its going to be interesting to watch, thats for sure.

purepaloma
09-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Amazing.....this is the guy that all the National Polls says is a Top 2 Candidate ?

LOL..........sure thing.

quickmike
09-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Amazing.....this is the guy that all the National Polls says is a Top 2 Candidate ?

LOL..........sure thing.

among 80 yr olds who get all their feedback from Fox news............ yeah

LOL

CMoore
09-16-2007, 11:15 PM

Take heart! At the last Meetup I went to, there were people there in that age group. If fact there were people there from all ages from 20's to 80's plus some children of attendees. It was one thing that really gave me hope. Anything that reflects this much diversity has to suceed.

quickmike
09-16-2007, 11:46 PM

Take heart! At the last Meetup I went to, there were people there in that age group. If fact there were people there from all ages from 20's to 80's plus some children of attendees. It was one thing that really gave me hope. Anything that reflects this much diversity has to suceed.

Oh I agree completely. I was just commenting on the mindset of the average 80 yr old voter who hasnt had an original thought since 1981...........bless their little hearts.

If everyone in the country eventually hears Ron Paul speak his message, I guarantee he will win. Its just a matter of making that happen.

purepaloma
09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Great article for those that missed it over the weekend.

Zydeco
09-17-2007, 05:15 PM
It's funny that Galen is one of Thompson paid cheerleaders now, considering that this is what he was saying about Thompson BEFORE the campaign hired him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si0UgpMyG2o

Galen's comments begin at 1:00:

"Fred Thompson is no political outsider. I mean that label is just a mistake. Fred Thompson is known on Capitol Hill as the access man."

Shows how corrupt to the core our system has become. People will say anything to prop up any candidate if you pay them.