PDA

View Full Version : LA Times: Anti-Zionism is a "Hate Crime" WTF??

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Collectivism at its best IMHO
got it from www.infowars.com if you wish to continue reading
http://www.infowars.com/la-times-op-ed-anti-zionism-is-hate-crime/

heres the original article if you wish to send the guy a critical or a supportive email
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-pearl15-2009mar15,0,6323783.story

A prominent L.A. Times editorial confuses the political movement of Zionism with semites as a race in an attempt to argue that anti-Zionism is worse than anti-Semitism and should be treated as a hate crime.

The op-ed, written by Judea Pearl, the father of murdered journalist Daniel Pearl, asks in its headline, Is anti-Zionism Hate? The question is answered by the sub headline, “Yes. It is more dangerous than anti-Semitism, threatening lives and peace in the Middle East.”

Pearl is a professor at UCLA and the president of the Daniel Pearl Foundation, which includes amongst its honorary members Bill Clinton, the Queen of Jordan and writer Eliezer Wiesel, who has attracted controversy for his support of Jewish terrorist group Irgun and his indifference to historical massacres of Palestinians.

Noam Chomsky criticized Wiesel for once stating, “I support Israel—period. I identify with Israel—period. I never attack, never criticize Israel when I am not in Israel.”

The L.A. Times article essentially tries to argue that everyone, particularly academia, should adhere to Wiesel’s mantra and refrain from criticizing the government of Israel and its policies. It does so by deliberately and underhandedly conflating Jews, Israel and Zionism into one single entity.

LibertyEagle
03-18-2009, 01:36 PM
AIPAC certainly gets around, don't they?

Kraig
03-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Oh please, you don't have to go for the LA times for that. People get accused of racism for being anti-Zionist on this very forum.

Young Paleocon
03-18-2009, 01:42 PM
You know...I've gotten to the point that I'm not even anti-Zionist anymore, though I wasn't much of one. Now it's much more of a "don't give a fuck what happens over there, hope it all works out, just wish we would stop funding and supporting each side over there" point. I can thank Dr. Paul for the non-interventionism argument.

MCockerill08
03-18-2009, 01:46 PM

Sure do. The attitude of those Israeli elites (that opposing Israel's govt=anti-semitic) give creedence to ridiculous anti-semites and their "theories."

American elites are hardly better though. :(

gls
03-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Not a surprise coming from the paper that published a piece bragging about how Jewish people control Hollywood.

I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-stein19-2008dec19,0,6620255.column

MCockerill08
03-18-2009, 01:48 PM
You know...I've gotten to the point that I'm not even anti-Zionist anymore, though I wasn't much of one. Now it's much more of a "don't give a fuck what happens over there, hope it all works out, just wish we would stop funding and supporting each side over there" point. I can thank Dr. Paul for the non-interventionism argument.

I don't think Ron Paul means we should "not give a shit." That's more of a Buchananite/isolationist perspective.

RP merely wants "peace, commerce, and trade," with all nations, and "entangling alliances with none." The government/military should adopt a non-interventionist/wholly defensive foreign policy but that doesn't mean individuals don't have a moral obligation (though a wholly voluntary one) to spread the freedom/peace message throughout the world. (peacefully, of course)

BlackTerrel
03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
I believe the son of the person who wrote this article was on camera forced to say "I'm an American, I'm a Jew" and then had their head chopped off. Perhaps they should be cut a little slack.

As for the paper itself. Right next to it they have an op-ed titled "Zionism is the problem"

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-ehrenreich15-2009mar15,0,6684861.story

Of course that doesn't match with the agenda of the "media are all evil zionists" that some here want to promote.

Young Paleocon
03-18-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't think Ron Paul means we should "not give a shit." That's more of a Buchananite/isolationist perspective.

RP merely wants "peace, commerce, and trade," with all nations, and "entangling alliances with none." The government/military should adopt a non-interventionist/wholly defensive foreign policy but that doesn't mean individuals don't have a moral obligation (though a wholly voluntary one) to spread the freedom/peace message throughout the world. (peacefully, of course)

Right, their conflict is not ours...I was speaking on the foreign aid and military assistance and federal intrusion into the matter. I was just stating that was my personal point of view, and from the taking of sides aspect, should also be the point of view of our federal government. I didn't say that should be what all of our citizens should think.

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 02:02 PM

yep. AIPAC propaganda at its best

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Not a surprise coming from the paper that published a piece bragging about how Jewish people control Hollywood.

that guy is a kook if he thinks such articles help his cause. but im not surprised to say the least

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Oh please, you don't have to go for the LA times for that. People get accused of racism for being anti-Zionist on this very forum.

really? never happened with me. but i know the idf has a cyber response team. they were very active during the gaza massacre everywhere online

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 02:05 PM
i don't think ron paul means we should "not give a shit." that's more of a buchananite/isolationist perspective.

Rp merely wants "peace, commerce, and trade," with all nations, and "entangling alliances with none." the government/military should adopt a non-interventionist/wholly defensive foreign policy but that doesn't mean individuals don't have a moral obligation (though a wholly voluntary one) to spread the freedom/peace message throughout the world. (peacefully, of course)

+2012

sure do. The attitude of those israeli elites (that opposing israel's govt=anti-semitic) give creedence to ridiculous anti-semites and their "theories."

american elites are hardly better though. :(

+2012

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
I believe the son of the person who wrote this article was on camera forced to say "I'm an American, I'm a Jew" and then had their head chopped off. Perhaps they should be cut a little slack.

As for the paper itself. Right next to it they have an op-ed titled "Zionism is the problem"

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-ehrenreich15-2009mar15,0,6684861.story

Of course that doesn't match with the agenda of the "media are all evil zionists" that some here want to promote.

so because his son was killed im supposed to let him say what he wants to say. im not supposed to question him? where did I write "all media are evil zionists"?
the typical strawman argument that makes me question your rationality.

ok I give up
Israel is the best
zionism is wicked
anyone who questions Israel or its lobby is an antisemitic holocaust denier who should be imprisoned. is this fine with you?

Kraig
03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
really? never happened with me. but i know the idf has a cyber response team. they were very active during the gaza massacre everywhere online

lol yeah, if you looked through my old posts on the foreign policy forum you would find at least a few examples, I don't think it was the IDF though...

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Right, their conflict is not ours...I was speaking on the foreign aid and military assistance and federal intrusion into the matter. I was just stating that was my personal point of view, and from the taking of sides aspect, should also be the point of view of our federal government. I didn't say that should be what all of our citizens should think.

pretty much what Dr Paul says

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 02:12 PM
lol yeah, if you looked through my old posts on the foreign policy forum you would find at least a few examples, I don't think it was the IDF though...

thanks for the tip. but just so you know they do have a cyber response team. they also have bloggers on both sides of the spectrum who work with AIPAC to spread Israeli propaganda both to democrats and to Republicans. Communist and Neocon bloggers. theres also a few useful idiots who like to tow the popular MsM line just for the sake of towing the line

tonesforjonesbones
03-18-2009, 04:07 PM
This stuff is put out by the ADL..which is pushing the hate crimes bill..and hate speech and hate THOUGHT...they are communist bolshevik devils. tones

dannno
03-18-2009, 04:22 PM

Amazing, amazing.

Sandra
03-18-2009, 04:59 PM
This is why everyone should keep an eye on Orly Taitz. She is a former AIPAC delegate. It looks as though she may be trying to merge with us with the Obama Birth Certificate thing but then may divert the groundswell. She was also the harpie that defended bloody collateral damage when Israel bombed Lebanon.

http://www.washingtonjewishweek.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=4&ArticleID=4952&TM=86380.5

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/local/article_1220240.php

devil21
03-18-2009, 05:36 PM

You're a little on the new side for that. Last year RPF was a target of the online Zionist agenda. Then again, just search BlackTerrel's past posts and you'll see him repeatedly calling me a racist for not supporting Zionist jews. It's funny how he always pops up in Zionism threads, isn't it?

Sandra
03-18-2009, 05:40 PM
You're a little on the new side for that. Last year RPF was a target of the online Zionist agenda. Then again, just search BlackTerrel's past posts and you'll see him repeatedly calling me a racist for not supporting Zionist jews. It's funny how he always pops up in Zionism threads, isn't it?

Yep, the Megaphone crew.

max
03-18-2009, 06:11 PM
LA Times is jewish owned..... His name is Zell

NY Times is jewish owned....Sulzberger

Boston Globe is jewish...owned by Sulzbergers Times

Chicago Tribune is jewish....also owned by Zell

NY Daily News is jewish.......Mort Zuckerman (also owns US News and World Report)

Washington Post (which also owns Newsweek) is jewish......Donald Meyer Graham (bought in 1933 by Grandpa Eugene
Meyer, who had just stepped down as Fed Chairman

Cleveland Plain Dealer, New Orleans Times Picayunne, Newark Star Ledger, Portland Oregonian are jewish owned.......Newhouse family

Wall Street Journal is jewish.....CEO is Peter Kann....recently purchased by Murdoch's News Corporation...whose CEO is Peter Chernin

CNN...merged with Time mag...run by Norm Perlstine.....Wolf Blitzer was former AIPAC press secretary!

CBS..owned by Viacom...run by Sumner Redstone

NBC...Andy Lack
ABC...Michael Eisner
Bloomberg News....Mike Bloomberg
FOX...CEO Peter Chernin

But let's all pretend that this doesn't exist, while their fellow tribesmen run the economy into the ground...

Geitner...Bernanke...Greenspan...Volcker....Greenb erg (AIG)...Rahn Emmanuel...Peter Orzag (Budget Director)...Larry Summers....Bob Rubin....

just like their fellow tribesmen "neocons" got us into these wars....Wolfowitz, Kristol, Perle, Kissinger, Feith, Krauthammer, Podheretz, Chertoff, AIPAC, ADL etc...etc...ad infinitum

BlackTerrel
03-18-2009, 07:57 PM
so because his son was killed im supposed to let him say what he wants to say. im not supposed to question him? where did I write "all media are evil zionists"?
the typical strawman argument that makes me question your rationality.

ok I give up
Israel is the best
zionism is wicked
anyone who questions Israel or its lobby is an antisemitic holocaust denier who should be imprisoned. is this fine with you?

Chill out bro. That's not even close to what I said. The LA Times didn't write that article, someone wrote an op-ed. Right next to it someone wrote an anti-Zionist piece.

devil21
03-18-2009, 07:58 PM
^^^
You're an anti-semite!

Btw, you forgot that 9 of the 12 Fed bank chairs are tribesman as well.
:D

MCockerill08
03-19-2009, 01:15 PM

That's fine. I said my piece but your life is none of my business.

I for one am a sucker for humanitarian causes, (volunteering in third world countries, etc) but I would never support the transfer of wealth by force through foreign aid or GSE's like the Peace Corps :)

MCockerill08
03-19-2009, 01:18 PM
LA Times is jewish owned..... His name is Zell

NY Times is jewish owned....Sulzberger

Boston Globe is jewish...owned by Sulzbergers Times

Chicago Tribune is jewish....also owned by Zell

NY Daily News is jewish.......Mort Zuckerman (also owns US News and World Report)

Washington Post (which also owns Newsweek) is jewish......Donald Meyer Graham (bought in 1933 by Grandpa Eugene
Meyer, who had just stepped down as Fed Chairman

Cleveland Plain Dealer, New Orleans Times Picayunne, Newark Star Ledger, Portland Oregonian are jewish owned.......Newhouse family

Wall Street Journal is jewish.....CEO is Peter Kann....recently purchased by Murdoch's News Corporation...whose CEO is Peter Chernin

CNN...merged with Time mag...run by Norm Perlstine.....Wolf Blitzer was former AIPAC press secretary!

CBS..owned by Viacom...run by Sumner Redstone

NBC...Andy Lack
ABC...Michael Eisner
Bloomberg News....Mike Bloomberg
FOX...CEO Peter Chernin

But let's all pretend that this doesn't exist, while their fellow tribesmen run the economy into the ground...

Geitner...Bernanke...Greenspan...Volcker....Greenb erg (AIG)...Rahn Emmanuel...Peter Orzag (Budget Director)...Larry Summers....Bob Rubin....

just like their fellow tribesmen "neocons" got us into these wars....Wolfowitz, Kristol, Perle, Kissinger, Feith, Krauthammer, Podheretz, Chertoff, AIPAC, ADL etc...etc...ad infinitum

Copy and pasted from stormfront? You blockhead..... :rolleyes:

gls
03-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Copy and pasted from stormfront? You blockhead..... :rolleyes:

Yeah, he must be a racist. Just because less than 3% of the U.S. population has a stranglehold on American society doesn't mean anyone should question why. :rolleyes:

MCockerill08
03-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah, he must be a racist. Just because less than 3% of the U.S. population has a stranglehold on American society doesn't mean anyone should question why. :rolleyes:

Schiff is Jewish. Mises was Jewish. Rothbard was Jewish. Murdoch is not Jewish. Bush was not Jewish. Hillary is not Jewish. many pro-liberty people are jews, and many pro-war/zionism/big government types are not.

The liberty movement ought to push for a political fight about ideas, not ethnicity/religion.

Cowlesy
03-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Tim Geithner is a non-practicing Episcopalian (http://tzvee.blogspot.com/2008/11/is-either-timothy-geithner-lawrence.html)

People need to stop blaming perceived groups for all their problems. Sack up and determine your own future instead of whining about things beyond your control whether real or fantasy.

Dripping Rain
03-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Chill out bro. That's not even close to what I said. The LA Times didn't write that article, someone wrote an op-ed. Right next to it someone wrote an anti-Zionist piece.

this

thanks for the op-ed on zionism
i dont have time to read it now. but if the content is as good as the headline then yes. Zionism is the problem. A real big porblem

Theocrat
03-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Collectivism at its best IMHO
got it from www.infowars.com if you wish to continue reading
http://www.infowars.com/la-times-op-ed-anti-zionism-is-hate-crime/

heres the original article if you wish to send the guy a critical or a supportive email
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-pearl15-2009mar15,0,6323783.story

I don't believe the land of Israel is where God's chosen people are. Does that make me guilty of "hate crime," too?

Dripping Rain
03-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't believe the land of Israel is where God's chosen people are. Does that make me guilty of "hate crime," too?

I dont even believe God chose a people at all. maybe at some other time but not after Christ. if youre guilty of a hate crime I must be a holocaust denier according to their idiotic rationale

JeNNiF00F00
03-19-2009, 04:11 PM
So, if you say that "Jews Hinder Peace" like http://www.ynet.co.il/english/articles/0,7340,L-3523709,00.html <<this guy...does that mean Obama's advisor is a hater?

Mesogen
03-19-2009, 04:18 PM
This is why everyone should keep an eye on Orly Taitz.

http://xs537.xs.to/xs537/09124/y633.jpg