PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh talking about the anti Ron Paul militia smear doc

Chieftain1776
03-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Unfortunately he's conflating Ron Paul with the Libertarian Party but he seemed pissed.

He Who Pawns
03-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Wow, really? right now?

TruthisTreason
03-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Rush is starting to earn brownie points.

acptulsa
03-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Unfortunately he's conflating Ron Paul with the Libertarian Party but he seemed pissed.

He sounds pissed but he's reinforcing the misinformation he's supposedly pissed at? Gee, thanks, Rush--ya bastard.

Sandra
03-18-2009, 10:06 AM
He sounds pissed but he's reinforcing the misinformation he's supposedly pissed at? Gee, thanks, Rush--ya bastard.

Did anyone really believe he would defend us?

He Who Pawns
03-18-2009, 10:08 AM
what was said?

MsDoodahs
03-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Even Limbaugh is concerned about wee little old US?

HA HA HA HA HA!

Shove it where the sun don't shine Limbaugh, you traitor.

MRoCkEd
03-18-2009, 10:14 AM
wow id like to hear this

Chieftain1776
03-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Well I think Rush gives out the transcript for free so we'll see the exact words. But he's pretty much saying the same stuff we say: They're quashing dissent, that it's wrong to send people after someone for b/c they have a Ron Paul bumper sticker. And, for you NAFTA Superhighway..um...enthusiasts, he mentioned that it was one of the "cues" that will make you a target.

ladyjade3
03-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Even Limbaugh is concerned about wee little old US?

HA HA HA HA HA!

Shove it where the sun don't shine Limbaugh, you traitor.

We need a bigger tent, MsD. Let Limbaugh into the light if he's beginning to see it. :)

tremendoustie
03-18-2009, 10:21 AM
We need a bigger tent, MsD. Let Limbaugh into the light if he's beginning to see it. :)

+1

I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him, and that's not even as far as I can throw Beck. :D

But, when people say the right things and support the right ideas, it is good for our country, and they deserve credit. Let's diss him when he goes neocon -- but not for saying the right things. What he says on his program has a huge impact on how the debate is framed, and in this instance, it sounds like he helped our cause.

MRoCkEd
03-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Maybe Rush will have Ron on his show

Chieftain1776
03-18-2009, 10:25 AM
I emailed the following to Rush:

Mr. Limbaugh,

It's appalling but you already know this from your experience with Clinton and the OKC bombing. But keep in mind that Ron Paul is a SITTING MEMBER OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY and ran for the REPUBLICAN Presidential Nomination. He's a 10 term Republican congressman. The left fear a principled libertarian Republican like Ron Paul, he called the crisis and his hands are clean from crony capitalism of the past 8 years.

Here's are examples of why they fear him:

And pasted this from the letter to Joe Scarborough http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1987939&postcount=1

tonesforjonesbones
03-18-2009, 10:28 AM
you libertarians shoot yourselves in the foot and when rush defends you ..you get pissed. You are braindead..i swear it. Let him make his points if he is defending the libertarians..what the hell is wrong with ya? tones

tonesforjonesbones
03-18-2009, 10:32 AM
when you do this ...it makes people wonder if the damn paper that was put out is right...you are doing the movement a disservice. STOP IT. tones

Chieftain1776
03-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I was only making the point that the memo was targeting supporters of a sitting member of congress and the Republican Party. And yeah I could have done without the talking points but the screener might find them interesting and forward them.

MsDoodahs
03-18-2009, 10:41 AM

Okay but ONLY if he sits next to Beck in the "traitors that we don't trust" corner.

;)

constituent
03-18-2009, 10:41 AM
for "liberty!"

...yea

heavenlyboy34
03-18-2009, 11:00 AM
you libertarians shoot yourselves in the foot and when rush defends you ..you get pissed. You are braindead..i swear it. Let him make his points if he is defending the libertarians..what the hell is wrong with ya? tones

+1 I'm surprised anyone is mad about this. I heard it just now. In this instance, Rush was defending RP supporters. I think some RP-ers are a little too sensitive sometimes. :(

RonPaulVolunteer
03-18-2009, 11:05 AM

Oh BS!! The only solution Rush sees would be the Republican retaking power, and the he'd STFU again.

He Who Pawns
03-18-2009, 11:32 AM
anyone who bashes rush for defending us is foolish! his audience are just the type of people we need to win over.

Kotin
03-18-2009, 11:36 AM
anyone who bashes rush for defending us is foolish! his audience are just the type of people we need to win over.

+1

choose your battles and know when someone is doing something good for you..

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 11:37 AM
no one should trust Rush or make him his morning buddy but people here should at least have the decency to thank him for defending the Ron Paul minority. unlike other neocons Rush knows that if the Ron Paul people fall then he will be next
he may have other motives but at least he did whats right and spoke against facism when it mattered

JS4Pat
03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Use these jokers to get what we want!

You can still have your contempt for the traitors well at the same time USING THEM to advance our message to a broader audience. It may require kissing their asses from time to time.

You willing to do that for the cause?

MsDoodahs
03-18-2009, 12:55 PM

You can still have your contempt for the traitors well at the same time USING THEM to advance our message to a broader audience.

I absolutely have contempt for the traitors,

It may require kissing their asses from time to time.

No.

UtahApocalypse
03-18-2009, 01:06 PM
at least the MIAC crap is hitting some mainstream media. I know many of us don't agree with many MSM shows and what they say.... But MILLIONS of people listen to it and we will get no where without them on the ship.

specsaregood
03-18-2009, 01:13 PM
It is a bit unsurprising that Rush would bring up the memo. Missouri is afterall his hometown state and one would assume where he learned his "values"....

Rangeley
03-18-2009, 01:22 PM
What, Rush Limbaugh was defending Ron Paul? Who can I send an angry email to?

acptulsa
03-18-2009, 01:29 PM

Well, what's wrong with them is they want someone they can point their friends and relatives to, and say 'here is truth'. Unfortunately, Ron Paul himself is still damned near the only public figure with whom that is a safe move.

As we gain experience, we can say, what did the person you heard say, and then we can judge the argument on its merits. A great many of the people on this forum aren't there yet.

That said, tones, I feel compelled to remind you that you were awfully full of blind faith in the G.O.P. about six months ago. How did that turn out? Work for you?

LibertyEagle
03-18-2009, 01:32 PM
No.

lololol :D

Dorfsmith
03-18-2009, 02:04 PM
It is a bit unsurprising that Rush would bring up the memo. Missouri is afterall his hometown state and one would assume where he learned his "values"....

The story is on Drudge right now. Sounds like the news of this memo is getting out. :cool:

ItsTime
03-18-2009, 02:14 PM

+1. Some people here are having a hard time doing what we set out to do, MAKE LIBERTY MAINSTREAM.

Sorry people, if you want liberty to spread like a wildfire you need ass hats like Rush and Beck spreading the word.

angelatc
03-18-2009, 02:21 PM
+1 I'm surprised anyone is mad about this. I heard it just now. In this instance, Rush was defending RP supporters. I think some RP-ers are a little too sensitive sometimes. :(

Sometimes?

ItsTime
03-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Sometimes?

:sets my head on fire and runs out the door screaming the neo-cons are coming the neo-cons are coming!

jkr
03-18-2009, 02:24 PM
we be'n co-opted

surf
03-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Tones, don't badmouth libertarians, please. libertarians believe in freedom, peace, and prosperity: as does Ron. the only differences are abortion and open borders, though Ron has inferred that he would prefer open borders and that "illegal" immigration is a product of the welfare state. hell, i'm a libertarian that hates dealing with the GOP, but i've put that aside and am now a member of our district GOP "leadership" council....

tremendoustie
03-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Tones, don't badmouth libertarians, please. libertarians believe in freedom, peace, and prosperity: as does Ron. the only differences are abortion and open borders, though Ron has inferred that he would prefer open borders and that "illegal" immigration is a product of the welfare state. hell, i'm a libertarian that hates dealing with the GOP, but i've put that aside and am now a member of our district GOP "leadership" council....

Abortion isn't even a difference. If you believe a preborn kid is a person, outlawing abortion of that kid is very libertarian.

acptulsa
03-18-2009, 02:31 PM
we be'n co-opted

We have. And while we may find it useful now, we had better be ready to reclaim at any price later...

Who was it said keep your friends close and your enemies closer? In this case I think we need to keep our enemies at arms' length, and some of our friends farther.

tremendoustie
03-18-2009, 02:35 PM
We have. And while we may find it useful now, we had better be ready to reclaim at any price later...

Who was it said keep your friends close and your enemies closer? In this case I think we need to keep our enemies at arms' length, and some of our friends farther.

I disagree. I think we need to cheerlead people when they say the right thing, and turn on them ferociously the instent they revert to neoconism.

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 02:41 PM
The story is on Drudge right now. Sounds like the news of this memo is getting out. :cool:

what drudge are you talking about?
drudgereport.com/
or drudge.com. the latter is a liberal website called the drudge retort which did break the story. the neocon drudge which is far more popular didnt even mention the news just as i predicted. Matt Drudge is not a friend of Ron Paul and imho never will be

MRoCkEd
03-18-2009, 02:47 PM
what drudge are you talking about?
drudgereport.com/
or drudge.com. the latter is a liberal website called the drudge retort which did break the story. the neocon drudge which is far more popular didnt even mention the news just as i predicted. Matt Drudge is not a friend of Ron Paul and imho never will be

The Drudge Report has the article about MIAC. It's titled "...report on militias, terrorism draws criticism"

The Drudge Retort has the article about Bruno attempting to seduce Ron Paul.

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 02:52 PM
The Drudge Report has the article about MIAC. It's titled "...report on militias, terrorism draws criticism"

The Drudge Retort has the article about Bruno attempting to seduce Ron Paul.

thats nice. i guess my prediction was wrong then. actually the drudge retort had the Police Memo on first page since the day it happened. liberals there were divided on the issue

i find it surprising that quite many Liberal commenters on the drudge retort defended Ron Paul against Cohen's sexual harrasment
check it out
http://www.drudge.com/news/118945/ron-paul-foils-sex-tape-plot

paulitics
03-18-2009, 03:26 PM
I don't see how this is anything less than good news.

EndTheFed
03-18-2009, 03:26 PM
when you do this ...it makes people wonder if the damn paper that was put out is right...you are doing the movement a disservice. STOP IT. tones

Hey tones.... :)

I heard it... It sounded good to me... Maybe he will begin to believe in "conspiracy" hehe

MRoCkEd
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Transcript or audio anywhere?

Join The Paul Side
03-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Oh BS!! The only solution Rush sees would be the Republican retaking power, and the he'd STFU again.

This is why we face an uphill battle to accomplish everything we are fighting for. Because of thinking like this.

We need allies. I really don't care for Rush. Or Beck. But these men have very large audiences. We may not perfectly agree with them, but at least we can use them to our advantage.

Join The Paul Side
03-18-2009, 04:36 PM

You can still have your contempt for the traitors well at the same time USING THEM to advance our message to a broader audience. It may require kissing their asses from time to time.

I think we should use the guys to get what we want. But I disagree about the ass kissing. Ron didn't bow down to Rush so niether should we.

Trust them? No. Talk with them and discuss ideas? Yes. They are coming around to realizing they need us. Slowly but surely.

Xenophage
03-18-2009, 04:37 PM
When Rush is right he's great. His speech at CPAC was awesome. When he's supporting military interventionism and the drug-war he sickens me.

TER
03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Thank you Mr.Limbaugh.

constituent
03-18-2009, 04:55 PM
I think we should use the guys to get what we want.

You underestimate the degree to which Rush has more influence over his audience than you.

They are coming around to realizing they need us. Slowly but surely.

Clearly "they" realized this > 1 yr. ago.

Join The Paul Side
03-18-2009, 05:06 PM
You underestimate the degree to which Rush has more influence over his audience than you.

Clearly "they" realized this > 1 yr. ago.

Yawn. ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

MsDoodahs
03-18-2009, 05:07 PM
I think we should use the guys to get what we want. But I disagree about the ass kissing. Ron didn't bow down to Rush so niether should we.

If Dr. Paul had bowed down before Rush, a lot of us would have lost respect for Dr. Paul.

The SAME THING applies to US.

Trust them? No. Talk with them and discuss ideas? Yes. They are coming around to realizing they need us. Slowly but surely.

Which is why it isn't US that needs to be doing the ass kissing.

;)

tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Join The Paul Side
03-18-2009, 05:09 PM
If Dr. Paul had bowed down before Rush, a lot of us would have lost respect for Dr. Paul.

;)

:D

tremendoustie
03-18-2009, 06:01 PM

;)

No ass kissing. But, we give them props when they go our way, and nail 'em when they don't. Stick and carrot.

Paul gives props to those he disagrees with when they say something right. Heck, he comes up with good things to say about that Kucinich character ...

pcosmar
03-18-2009, 06:14 PM
No ass kissing. But, we give them props when they go our way, and nail 'em when they don't. Stick and carrot.

Paul gives props to those he disagrees with when they say something right. Heck, he comes up with good things to say about that Kucinich character ...

Dr. Paul is a better man that I.
I am a course man, I just tell them where to stick the carrot. ;)

Minarchy4Sale
03-18-2009, 07:01 PM

Thats the problem, these D-bags talk the talk when out of power, but when in power, act just like the Dems. Im not giving them a pass anymore.

constituent
03-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Yawn. ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Keep sleeping.

That way we'll all probably better off. Keep sleeping, you are the epitome of what is wrong with this country.

Stary Hickory
03-18-2009, 09:38 PM
When Rush is right he's great. His speech at CPAC was awesome. When he's supporting military interventionism and the drug-war he sickens me.

Exactly Rush lost a lot of my respect defending Bush, however that being said he is a liberty minded guy, and a great speaker. I am really hoping he gets his hands on some Austrian Economics, he cited Hayek in his CPAC speech, and that really made my day. I just wish he would read some Rothbard or Mises.

Imagine what Rush could do for the nation if he could articulate the Austrian theory of the Business Cycle.

daviddee
03-18-2009, 09:38 PM

daviddee
03-18-2009, 09:54 PM

Jace
03-18-2009, 09:57 PM

RevolutionSD
03-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Goddammit people. Rush is like 60 years old and will NEVER be on our side. He gets PAID to shill for the republicans. He's not turning over any new leaves, he's just trying to remain relevant.
And can you imagine if Ron Paul was associated with Rush? Holy crap, the democrats would love this, they already HATE Rush so much, they will just hate RP equally.

Rush = Lose/Lose for our cause.

TruckinMike
03-19-2009, 07:25 AM
I don't trust Limbaugh.

http://blog.nj.com/entertainment_impact_arts/2008/08/large_circus.jpg

Its like training a tiger, I reward good behavior, but never turn my back on him.

Thank you Rush... ;);)

TMike

micahnelson
03-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Rush is against Obama, but the enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend. In a three sided war where you are the weakest party, allow your enemies to fight as long as you can and recruit from the people left in the rubble of their warfare.

Alawn
03-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Here is a link to the audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvFAlJ5op-8

Rush is on the right side saying this was bad but he really pissed me off when he said Ron Paul was a third party candidate and that the Libertarian Party is Ron Paul's party.

He is a Republican you ahole. You knows this. Stop spreading misinformation about him.

tremendoustie
03-19-2009, 11:48 PM
I don't trust Limbaugh.

http://blog.nj.com/entertainment_impact_arts/2008/08/large_circus.jpg

Its like training a tiger, I reward good behavior, but never turn my back on him.

Thank you Rush... ;);)

TMike

And there you have it! A very good analogy.

Alawn
03-19-2009, 11:52 PM
He knows he is a Republican. He just says he is a third party candidate and a Libertarian Party member to discredit him and stop his viewers from listening to what Ron Paul has to say.

raiha
03-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Rush is a lardtard.