PDA

View Full Version : New respect for Aaron Lewis of Staind

jrich4rpaul
03-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Staind has always been my favorite band, and I recently came across a video of a live show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuCQ3T8wLi8) in which the lead singer Aaron Lewis, aggravated by a fan shouting "Obama!", brings up the stimulus package and how it got passed without anyone reading it, and how he believes if you want the government to hand you everything, there are plenty of countries that will do that for you, and that anyone who wants that needs to move there, because living in America means going out and earning what you want.

After that I found this blog he posted on Staind.com (which he referred to in the video):
http://www.staind.com/profiles/blogs/just-take-a-minute

im really kinda nervous about writing a blog because i dont feel like my opinion should mean any more than someone elses. with that being said i would like to share a website with you that is startling to say the least. its www.myamericalives.com. i think as the people whose country this is we have a right to know the truth. whether you are a liberal(uggh) a liberatarian, or conservative there is no argueing that we are lucky and blessed to have this place to call our home. it truely saddens me to hear the way people talk about this country. it infuriates me to watch us time after time year after year put these corrupt,power hungry,bought and paid for puppets in charge of that which we take for granted every single day and then we complain about it while they suck us dry with overtaxation and over-regulation of our small businesses and our corporations in order to fund their own agendas wether they are in americas best interests or not. we have allowed our public servants to become elitists. we complain about the best healthcare in the world. people from everywhere travel here daily for our doctors and hospitals. we complain about taxes when we allow welfare to be abused to the extent it is,when we allow the government to keep growing and spending more of our money. we allow people to come here without going through the same process our families had to go through in order to be a citizen of this country. they take from the system and reap the benefits of the system without being a part of it. ALL OF THIS WE ALLOW. maybe if american history was still required in this completely fucked, government controlled education system we have, we would be a little more aware of what took place over the last 300 and some odd years for this to be our home. the "change" we all seek is not barrack we're fucked obama, its been right under our noses the entire time.......its called THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE ...hundreds of thousands of good selfless men and women have died protecting that document in the name of country and honor. what has happened to us........ we are afraid of work, afraid to fight, afraid to stand up and be proud of a country that our american ancestors, our blood, died to preserve. i have traveled all over the world and seen many cultures and many different systems of government and there is no place on this earth that i would rather call home than this golden land of opportunity that is the USA......i think dorothy said it best "there's no place like home" and i couldnt agree more. i am the american dream. i grew up in a trailer park just outside castleton VT. i came from( just getting by) lower middle class america and was given an opportunity that has snowballed into this. im no different than any one of you and could have been any one of you. i am america italian welsh english german russian and polish......can you say melting pot. throw irish and french in there for my daughters and thats about as "american" as you can get. i love this country and long to see us all pull together as one people......black white yellow orange green red purple aquamarine magenta.........americans. im proud to an american......are you?

Then a certain lyric from one of their songs came back to me:

We, the great believers
Blood is legal tender
And I will not surrender
What it was our fathers died to bear
We The People stated,
Not negotiated,
Just To Be Forgotten
I wish that you could open up and see

The website he mentions, www.myamericalives.com has tons of amazing videos and links. Check it out.