PDA

View Full Version : Had My First Ron Paul Conversation

Kregener
09-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Off my bumper sticker.

About 4:30 pm today on my way home I stopped in a local quick mart to get a cup of decaf coffee, I was parked in a slot right up front and as I was coming out of the store, a guy, about 40 years old, was walking from the gas pumps toward the store.

He says (in sort of a New York accent); "Do you give money to Ron Paul?"

Me; "Sure".

Him; "Why?"

Me; "Because he is the only person for the job".

Him; "Why?"

Me; "What have we had for the last 60 or 70 years?"

Him; "This country is doing great! We have more millionaires than ever!"

Me; "Millionaires? What about all the debt?"

Him; "I know there is 8 trillion..."

Me; "8 trillion? That is just what they admit to! There is more like 50 trillion or more in actual national debt, public and private!"

Him; "So what?"

Me; "So what?"

Him; "Yeah".

Me; "You don't see a problem with all that debt?"

Him; "No, what is the problem?"

Me; "What about when the bill comes due?"

Him; "We just start over!"

Me; "Start over?"

Him; "Yeah, we just start over. Israel has done it a couple of times".

Me; "How do we do that without totally debasing our currency?"

Him; "We just start over".

Me; "Who is going to trade us goods for a worthless currency especially after we just defaulted on trillions in money owed? Never mind the financials, I will vote for Ron Paul because he is a strict constitutionalist, and without the Rule of Law, we will never survive as a nation!"

Him; "What in the Constitution do we not have now?"

Me; "Well, when you make a call on your cellphone, do you think that call is private?"

Him; "I have no problem with that".

Me; "But I DO. What about drawing $10,000 out of your bank account...".

Him; "I know, it is flagged..."

Me; "And you are okay with that? I am not. I have a right to my privacy. They said that was instituted to aid in the "War" on drugs, but after BILLIONS spent, the war on drugs is just another failed federal war. I can take you right now to south Phoeinx, and we can get anything you want, heroin, crack, whatever."

Him; "You know who IS the right guy for president?"

Me; "Who?"

Him; "Romney".

Me, as I open my truck door; "He is if you want more of the same!"

Him, as he headed towards the doors; "I do!"

Me; :rolleyes: ...drive away.

Richie
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Dang. That's just hair pulling.

micahnelson
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
I donate money to Ron Paul so that the money I DONT donate can be worth something this time next year.

klamath
09-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Sad

noxagol
09-16-2007, 10:17 PM
wow

RP08
09-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Well, at least you got someone thinking outside the neo-con box for half-a-second. Nicely done.

VIDEODROME
09-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I just got a sticker on my truck a week ago. I'm wondering what kind of encounters I might have out here.

SwordOfShannarah
09-16-2007, 11:39 PM
This works for me..

When I have no idea what a persons knowledge is going into the discussion I find it's best just to tell them they should listen to Ron Paul for themselves. I tell them to go to RonPaul2008.com and to watch the videos and listen to him speak. Tell them he is really getting popular and has won straw polls all over the nation. The success story will intrigue them and then Ron Paul can deliver the message online.

But if I really have to have a good point I talk about how 9/11 could have been prevented if the government didn't interfere and make the rules so private companies aren't allowed to have guns or Tazers on their planes. That's what happens when government gets too big- just look at Katrina! And now the government wants to take over health care?

The CIA says they attacked us because we are on their holy land. Don't we owe it to our nation and children to stop motivating them to attack us? If what the CIA says is true by leaving we will be safer! Do you trust the CIA or do you trust Bill O'Reilly??

derdy
09-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Man, how much you wanna bet he has ten credit cards all maxed out? Not because he can't afford to pay them off, but because he can. Just start over :rolleyes:

Figures, he'd support Romney.