PDA

View Full Version : Working on my Father in law

klamath
09-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I have been working on my Father in law for a while now. He is stuck on this idea that RP can't win a general election and is therefore surporting the ex
mayor of New York. He recently moved to Idaho and came back for a visit today and brought one of the local papers from Idaho. "This is a great Conservative paper he told me." The first thing that caught my eye on the front page was a large ad for Ron Paul meetups which I pointed out to him with some humor. As I opened the paper I saw this article. "Surrender should not be an option" By Ron Paul. With more humor I told him he better get voting in line with his new home.
We will see if he makes the conversion.:D :D

ItsTime
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
I have been working on my Father in law for a while now. He is stuck on this idea that RP can't win a general election and is therefore surporting the ex
mayor of New York. He recently moved to Idaho and came back for a visit today and brought one of the local papers from Idaho. "This is a great Conservative paper he told me." The first thing that caught my on the front page was a large ad for Ron Paul meetups which I pointed out to him with some humor. As I opened the paper I saw this article. "Surrender should not be an option" By Ron Paul. With more humor I told him he better get voting in line with his new home.
We will see if he makes the conversion.:D :D

Have you played him the fire fighter vid on you tube? Almost every fire fighter I know does not support Rudy

klamath
09-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Have you played him the fire fighter vid on you tube? Almost every fire fighter I know does not support Rudy

No. He is so into this ballgame winning idea. The guy is a retired logger from Oregon and California. He has nothing in common with a mayor from New York. I have to figure a way to get to him.

krott5333
09-16-2007, 07:11 PM
tell him that Giuliani married his second cousin

ItsTime
09-16-2007, 07:13 PM
No. He is so into this ballgame winning idea. The guy is a retired logger from Oregon and California. He has nothing in common with a mayor from New York. I have to figure a way to get to him.

Lets see, the mayor wants to open the borders. I am from Maine and I know the local loggers do not like the Canadians there. Try that spin?

quickmike
09-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Just tell him to vote for Ron in the primaries. If he loses, tell him to vote for Rudy in the general. Ask him "what ya got to lose?"

Its not a horserace here where you get paid off just by picking the winner. youre supposed to vote for who you really think is good.

apropos
09-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Tell him that his life savings loses 2%-3% of its value every year because of our current monetary policies. We have ceded our right to oversight of the Federal Reserve. The Fed prints our dollar like it is monopoly money and the value of the American dollar invariably goes down. The dollar today is worth only 4 cents to the dollar in 1913, when the Federal Reserve was introduced.

For modern perspective, Brazil's monetary unit - the real - is worth almost twice the value of the dollar. It's not just the Euro that is worth more. Ultimately our economy will collapse because of this. It is not a question of if, just of when. Our current prosperity is largely an illusion, because our nation is borrowing money from foreign govs. (ie. China) like it is going out of style. One day the bill will come due. Ron Paul is the only one trying to fix this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4kxTkhwR_Q&mode=related&search=

There are plenty of other stances you can hit Rudy on: illegal immigration, anti-Second Amendment, etc. I imagine a lot of loggers have experienced illegal aliens driving down American workers' salaries.

BarryDonegan
09-16-2007, 11:10 PM
a vote for rudy is a vote for hillary