PDA

View Full Version : Two Ron Paul television ads to run in many locations around the country

disinter
09-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Americans United for Freedom is a non-affiliated (which has a distinctive legal/regulatory meaning) PAC which plans to use Ron Paul MeetUps to raise funds to air television advertisements between October 22 and October 29.

There are two commercials being offered at this moment (Constitution and Spending/Iraq).

http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/09/16/two-ron-paul-television-ads-to-run-in-many-locations-around-the-country/

Lois
09-16-2007, 09:13 PM
This is great -- I love them! Thanks for posting this.

LibertyEagle
09-16-2007, 09:29 PM
The guy running the blog makes the remark that he was going to do much the same thing, but was beat to it. I wonder if this means creating commercials. He also goes on to say that he knows how to raise a ton of money, then makes slight of the amount we have raised.

I would say that if he has experience in this, he shouldn't back off just because Lord Xar and Skiingff took the ball and ran with it. If the blogger can help out, he should step up and do it. Not just take pot shots at what is being done. If he knows how to raise money, then by all means, HE SHOULD DO IT and help out the effort!!!

Stephen Gordon
09-17-2007, 08:07 AM
LE,

There was no attempt to take any potshots at all. I support your activities and would be willing to help with the project.

All I intended to do, as with most things in life, is to look at both the positives and the negatives of a given situation so hopefully the best possible final result can come from any given project. My only goal with respect to national politics right now is to get Ron Paul elected.

One of my unstated concerns is that most of the people I know in MeetUp groups aren't very affluent and tend to spend most of their available money on local signs, event registration fees, slim jims, etc. It might be more effective in the long run to target donors who have already maxed out their contributions to the official campaign (but this has to be done carefully, as it is illegal to directly fund raise from FEC reports).

I'm serious in my suggestion that you have a good FEC lawyer. If you don't, I've got one I can refer. Again, I'm willing to do what I can to help with the project. Disinter (the person who made the initial posting on the topic) knows me, the amount of meaningful work I have done in the cause of freedom, my history in these sorts of issues, etc. and I'm sure he'd vouch for me.

Steve

LibertyEagle
09-17-2007, 08:11 AM
It's all good, Stephen and thank you for posting. Seriously, if you know something that can be of help with the effort (content or fundraising), I'm sure your help would be very appreciated. :)

Stephen Gordon
09-17-2007, 08:23 AM
With respect to a media database to use for press releases, it seems that someone (a Ron Paul supporter) has recently purchased one and is giving out the data to local people. The message was being passed out through one of the MeetUp groups I'm involved with, but I can't find it (on this computer). It is very likely they would assist with this project. If you like, I can spend the time to dig for the message.

LibertyEagle
09-17-2007, 08:24 AM
You may want to PM (private message) Skiingff. I think it was he who mentioned doing press releases. He probably knows something about this.