PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt Ron Paul use his old youtube channel?

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 02:03 PM
every single former presidential candidate continued to use their campaign youtube channels after the elections
Kucinich, Fred Thompson, Grabvel, & most recently Obama as shown here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4NKllI3AfM&feature=channel_page

all of them capitalizing on their former youtube subscribers.
why is Ron Paul's office trying to reinvent the wheel when they already have close to 60K subscribers on his old youtube channel?
is there a law that only barrs Ron Paul from using it?
http://www.youtube.com/ronpaul2008dotcom

just wondering aloud?

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Good question

LibertyEagle
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Because he's using the Campaign for Liberty youtube channel now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/campaignforliberty

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Because he's using the Campaign for Liberty youtube channel now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/campaignforliberty

i know but its not the point. why reinvent the wheel instead of capitalizing on an already popular youtube channel? thats all
heres how youtube works
the more subscribers you have the more views and ratings you have for any video you upload. that means you get featured on the home page for popular vids. eventually more people get to see your video.
I assure you a lot of people I know never knew the C4l's youtube existed and some dont even know about it yet just a FYI

Trigonx
03-17-2009, 02:51 PM
RonPaul2008 has nearly 57,000 subscribers whereas C4L has only 9,636.

I'm glad to see them capitalizing on his myspace account. They started posting bulletins and blogs every day or so.

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
RonPaul2008 has nearly 57,000 subscribers whereas C4L has only 9,636.

I'm glad to see them capitalizing on his myspace account. They started posting bulletins and blogs every day or so.

+2012 for "getting it"

Rangeley
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Probably because it has 2008 in it.

Sandra
03-17-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm sure most have unsubscribed after the campaign.

CasualApathy
03-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Yea... I'm going to go ahead and call that a mistake. I know that the focus was shifted to the campaign for liberty youtube channel, but I still expected the ronpaul2008dotcom (http://www.youtube.com/ronpaul2008dotcom) channel to be maintained and improved with the leftover money from the campaign, especially since 52 of the 136 videos have more than 100,000 views each. If you compare that to the campaignforliberty (http://www.youtube.com/campaignforliberty) channel then it's pure ronpaul2008dotcom ownage.

RonPaul2008dotcom
Last Sign In: 8 months ago
Subscribers: 56,712
Channel Views: 7,434,644

campaignforliberty
Last Sign In: 1 week ago
Subscribers: 9,636
Channel Views: 73,014

You might say that the comparison is not fair considering how awesome we were during the campaign and you'd probably be right. I think the problem is that they had this hugely popular youtube channel and they decided to just drop it in favor of the long term effort, the campaignforliberty channel, but why not continue to update a youtube channel that still has 6 times as many subscribers and 100 times the channel views? Why not just post the campaign for liberty videos on both channels?
I say down with the campaignforliberty youtube monopoly! No, seriously. The fact is that big channels attract the curious and grow bigger, and all this time even with no updates I am willing to bet that ronpaul2008dotcom is still growing bigger, day by day, so why not use it instead of just letting it sit there?

mediahasyou
03-17-2009, 04:30 PM
That youtube channel died with the election. A campaign for liberty, however, can live far past one election cycle.

LibertyEagle
03-17-2009, 04:34 PM
i know but its not the point. why reinvent the wheel instead of capitalizing on an already popular youtube channel? thats all
heres how youtube works
the more subscribers you have the more views and ratings you have for any video you upload. that means you get featured on the home page for popular vids. eventually more people get to see your video.
I assure you a lot of people I know never knew the C4l's youtube existed and some dont even know about it yet just a FYI

Good point. But don't you think having "2008" in the channel name is a bit of a problem?

CasualApathy
03-17-2009, 05:36 PM
That youtube channel died with the election. A campaign for liberty, however, can live far past one election cycle.

It never "died". In fact the channel comments are still very active, the videos with hundreds of thousands of views are still up and being viewed, it is all very neat and shiny. That's my entire point - people judge the awesomeness/credibility of a channel (and in extension the issues being promoted) on the base of it's popularity. That is the main reason why I don't understand that the channel was dropped. Anyone who finds a channel with 50,000+ subscribers and videos with hundreds of thousands of views cannot aviod getting the destinct impression that freedom is popular. I also don't see any reason why the two channels can not coexist, I am sure in time the campaignforliberty channel will outgrow the ronpaul2008dotcom channel because of all the mentions and neat campaign for liberty logos in the videos.

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Good point. But don't you think having "2008" in the channel name is a bit of a problem?

yeah maybe LE but they still need to make use of it. like someone before me said. make use of both channels. maybe upload the same videos on both channels or upload a video asking the subscribers from his own channel go to the new c4l youtube page. that youtube remained idle for almost a year which really sucks

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 06:30 PM
can the coward who rated this thread 1 star at least say why?
i guess not. vipers will stay vipers

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 06:53 PM
yea... I'm going to go ahead and call that a mistake. I know that the focus was shifted to the campaign for liberty youtube channel, but i still expected the ronpaul2008dotcom (http://www.youtube.com/ronpaul2008dotcom) channel to be maintained and improved with the leftover money from the campaign, especially since 52 of the 136 videos have more than 100,000 views each. If you compare that to the campaignforliberty (http://www.youtube.com/campaignforliberty) channel then it's pure ronpaul2008dotcom ownage.

ronpaul2008dotcom
last sign in: 8 months ago
subscribers: 56,712
channel views: 7,434,644

campaignforliberty
last sign in: 1 week ago
subscribers: 9,636
channel views: 73,014

you might say that the comparison is not fair considering how awesome we were during the campaign and you'd probably be right. I think the problem is that they had this hugely popular youtube channel and they decided to just drop it in favor of the long term effort, the campaignforliberty channel, but why not continue to update a youtube channel that still has 6 times as many subscribers and 100 times the channel views? Why not just post the campaign for liberty videos on both channels?
I say down with the campaignforliberty youtube monopoly! No, seriously. The fact is that big channels attract the curious and grow bigger, and all this time even with no updates i am willing to bet that ronpaul2008dotcom is still growing bigger, day by day, so why not use it instead of just letting it sit there?

+2012

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Probably because it has 2008 in it.

not a good excuse

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 06:55 PM
It never "died". In fact the channel comments are still very active, the videos with hundreds of thousands of views are still up and being viewed, it is all very neat and shiny. That's my entire point - people judge the awesomeness/credibility of a channel (and in extension the issues being promoted) on the base of it's popularity. That is the main reason why I don't understand that the channel was dropped. Anyone who finds a channel with 50,000+ subscribers and videos with hundreds of thousands of views cannot aviod getting the destinct impression that freedom is popular. I also don't see any reason why the two channels can not coexist, I am sure in time the campaignforliberty channel will outgrow the ronpaul2008dotcom channel because of all the mentions and neat campaign for liberty logos in the videos.

nice comment
actually he gained more than 7000 subscribers since the last video they uploaded which means that channel is fully active. problem is his employees always drop the ball for some unknown reason

ClayTrainor
03-17-2009, 06:58 PM
yeah maybe LE but they still need to make use of it. like someone before me said. make use of both channels. maybe upload the same videos on both channels or upload a video asking the subscribers from his own channel go to the new c4l youtube page. that youtube remained idle for almost a year which really sucks

This is very good advice.

I will bring this up next time i'm talking to someone from C4L.

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 07:01 PM
This is very good advice.

I will bring this up next time i'm talking to someone from C4L.

thanks Clay
i hope they respond positively. please mention that everyone else is using their campaign youtubes and most recently BHO incase they say theyre scared of the FEC

ClayTrainor
03-17-2009, 07:05 PM
thanks Clay
i hope they respond positively. please mention that everyone else is using their campaign youtubes and most recently BHO incase they say theyre scared of the FEC

I'll even offer to do the work for them, if they simply don't want to take the time ;)

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 07:06 PM
I'll even offer to do the work for them, if they simply don't want to take the time ;)

Wicked

ClayTrainor
03-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Wicked

67000 subscribers is no joke, and we should use that to our advantage.

reagle
03-17-2009, 07:26 PM
We should use the C4L youtube channel for 2012.

Obama still uses his youtube channel from the 2008 election.

BarackObamadotcom
Running for: President
Last Sign In: 2 hours ago
Subscribers: 166,950
Channel Views: 21,169,168

ClayTrainor
03-17-2009, 07:28 PM
We should use the C4L youtube channel for 2012.

Obama still uses his youtube channel from the 2008 election.

BarackObamadotcom
Running for: President
Last Sign In: 2 hours ago
Subscribers: 166,950
Channel Views: 21,169,168

But it doesn't have the words 2008 in the name ;)

I think the best plan is to try and find a way to snag some of those 67000 subscribers, and move them over to the C4L channel.

AmericasLastHope
03-17-2009, 07:40 PM
It's interesting I was reading about memes and Internet phenomena the other day on Wikipedia when I stumbled upon Ron's name.

It says: * Ron Paul — US Presidential candidate whose campaign made use of the Internet to attract donations and support. His YouTube channel, Facebook page, and so on, are the most heavily subscribed of any candidate.[95]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_phenomena

reagle
03-17-2009, 08:01 PM
But it doesn't have the words 2008 in the name ;)

I think the best plan is to try and find a way to snag some of those 67000 subscribers, and move them over to the C4L channel.

C4L could post a video on the old channel to let subscribers know if they want to view new Ron Paul videos to visit the C4L channel.

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 08:08 PM
C4L could post a video on the old channel to let subscribers know if they want to view new Ron Paul videos to visit the C4L channel.
Contact them!

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 09:15 PM
67000 subscribers is no joke, and we should use that to our advantage.

im not counting on them. but i hope they grew less incompetent

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 08:41 PM
bump

Theocrat
03-18-2009, 08:49 PM
every single former presidential candidate continued to use their campaign youtube channels after the elections
Kucinich, Fred Thompson, Grabvel, & most recently Obama as shown here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4NKllI3AfM&feature=channel_page

all of them capitalizing on their former youtube subscribers.
why is Ron Paul's office trying to reinvent the wheel when they already have close to 60K subscribers on his old youtube channel?
is there a law that only barrs Ron Paul from using it?
http://www.youtube.com/ronpaul2008dotcom

just wondering aloud?

Obviously, it's because Congressman Paul is no longer running for President in 2008.

Dripping Rain
03-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Obviously, it's because Congressman Paul is no longer running for President in 2008.

Theocrat please read my other replies. ps Obama is using his, Kucinich Thompson etc why not Paul?

Napoleon's Shadow
06-15-2011, 03:35 AM
Does anyone know who manages the RonPaul2008dotcom YouTube Channel now?