PDA

View Full Version : Let's start some Ron Paul chain letters!

danda
05-31-2007, 07:30 PM
We've all seen lots of chain letters arrive in our inboxes. Some are funny, some are just spam. But one thing is certain: they work. People pass them on and they just keep going, and going, and going. A really good chain letter ends up being seen by thousands or even millions of people. So, it could be a way to help raise Ron Paul's level of awareness.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about some kind of scammy multi-level marketing scheme. No. Nothing to do with money. In fact, I think its best to avoid even asking for Ron Paul donations, as people then feel obligated and like it is something they may not want to pass on to a friend.

So I suggest we focus on two key areas:

1) Make people laugh.
2) Inform people about Ron Paul.

Then, we want to politely ask people to pass the letter along, but we shouldn't use any of that "a curse will befall you if you don't send this to 10 people" stuff. An appeal to patriotism and freedom should be enough. And again, the funnier we can make them, the less an appeal will even be necessary.

Here are a few ideas for possible letters:

* Ten ways that a Ron Paul presidency would improve your life.

* Top Ten ways that a Ron Paul presidency would piss-off the establishment..

( I think these first two could have quite a bit of humor in them. )

* Ron Paul's Top Ten congressional quotes.

* Top Ten YouTube Ron Paul videos.

* 100 Bills that Ron Paul has voted against, and 1 that he voted For.

Okay, so I guess I like Top Ten lists. Sue me. Anyway, these are just a few ideas off the top of my head to start the ball rolling. Hopefully y'all will contribute lots more, and especially some funny ones!

I'd like to use this thread to collaboratively develop one or more letters. Then if we all send them out together, they will have a better chance of making the rounds in the wild.

Another thought, If we get some good lists put together, they can also be published on blogs.

danda
05-31-2007, 07:34 PM
If you're looking for some inspiration, check this page at the Email Junkyard.

http://www.chainletters.net/?page=humor

Brandybuck
05-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Chain letters are going to piss people off. A few people like them, but I'm fairly confident that most people do not. The common response is to immediately delete such messages the instant they are discovered.

Even worse, you may end up putting Ron Paul's name in every ISP's spam filter!

NewEnd
05-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Hell Muthafuckin No!

Bands4RonPaul
05-31-2007, 11:20 PM
PEOPLE HATE CHAIN LETTERS! The last thing you want to do is start associating Ron Paul with SPAM or Spammers. Please warn everyone you know against this line of
thought.

Lauxa
06-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Top 10 Ways Ron Paul Will Improve Your Life If Elected President

10. You won't have to watch a blithering idiot on news reports covering the president.
9. You won't have to worry about getting busted for hiring that illegal immigrant since we'll have secure borders.
8. You won't have to worry about the government confiscating your property and giving it to corporations.
7. You won't have to worry about the government monitoring your telephone and internet communications.
6. You won't have to worry about the government busting you for what you're smoking. And you won't have to pay for housing the guys that they busted last week.
5. You will be able to rely on your President's political constancy, since Ron Paul has never taken money from special interests.
4. You won't have to register for a National ID card.
3. You and/or your loved ones will not have to fight in overseas wars unrelated to American national security.
2. The Constitution will mean something again.
1. No more income taxes!

Chain letters aren't so bad, people can just hit delete if they don't want to read. It can be just a fun way of sending out info to friends and family. I'm not sending this one out yet, but would love to get feedback and maybe eventually push it out to my email list.

Laura

Arkris
06-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Bad idea. Don't do it.

Chain letters and SPAM are going to piss off a lot of people. Besides, Ron Paul already basically owns the internet already. Keep internet campaigning as intelligent as possible and avoid looking like spam.

We should really be focusing on the real world, people who aren't so computer savvy don't seem to know who Ron Paul is.