PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in Sasha Baron Cohen's Bruno?

Epic
03-16-2009, 07:43 PM
It was Bob Barr in Borat, and now Ron Paul in Bruno. Apparently Ron Paul walked out on Sasha Baron Cohen after SBC took off his pants...

http://www.slate.com/id/2213882/

He Who Pawns
03-16-2009, 07:47 PM
HAHAHA... sounds hilarious. I can't wait to see this.

RP's people need to lighten up. The best way to deal with something like this is to laugh it off.

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 07:49 PM
EFFIN morons who work for him. dont they know who Ali G is?
he makes politicians look like morons
wtf?
maybe if they were more up to date
if I was Ron Paul's cos id fire the ass of the person who allowed this to happen. this is unacceptable
sio now they want to smear Ron Paul as a gay man?
yes i know its a comedy show
but this is bad comedy. the kind that youd punch someone in the face for. this really got me pissed. I feel bad for the good Doc

Kotin
I am very excited to see this lol...

Conza88
Yeah, well get ready to defend Ron's stance on gay marriage... lol

State should have nothing to do with it... >.<

Peeved they didn't catch onto it though. But it was in 08' and I don't think Cohen had announced he was gonna do his new vid yet... I dunno.

Epic
03-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Hopefully this is a case of any publicity is good publicity. Not sure though. There might be a lot of "Ron Paul hates gays!!" which would be unfair.

Zera
03-16-2009, 07:50 PM
"As Paul is walking away, you can hear him say, several times, something like, "This guy is a *****!" "The word ***** comes out of his mouth three or four times," says an attendee."

:p

ladyjade3
03-16-2009, 07:51 PM
wtf?

Do you seriously think Ali G called asking for the interview?

He Who Pawns
03-16-2009, 07:52 PM
To me, I was literally falling out of my chair laughing when I read the description. Dr Paul is a good and decent man, so I doubt he would come out of any situation looking bad.

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 07:55 PM

i dont know but his office should know better than to approve any interview
this in my view is bad press
Bob Barr became a joke because of his Ali G breast milk cheese interview
now this?

MRoCkEd
03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Nah, they are very sneaky in how they do it. Too bad you couldn't recognize the Bruno character. Got any more details about the incident? It sounds like it would be funny if it was anyone else besides Dr. Paul - I don't want to see him embarrassed.

angelatc
03-16-2009, 07:57 PM

How else would he get a sit-down?

Zera
03-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Well, at least if Ron Paul becomes president one day, he'll have a Bacon number of three.

ladyjade3
03-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Nah, they are very sneaky in how they do it. Too bad you couldn't recognize the Bruno character. Got any more details about the incident? It sounds like it would be funny if it was anyone else besides Dr. Paul - I don't want to see him embarrassed.

I did. It was too late. Nothing to do but laugh it off.

Epic
03-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Seriously, whoever set this up needs to be more careful.

This happened a year ago in his campaign I think. But seriously, everyone and their mother knew that Bruno was filming then, and who doesn't know what Sasha Baron Cohen looks like?

Zera
03-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Thing is, Cohen tweaked the look of his Bruno character to not make him look so flamboyant, as you can see here when he quickly interviewed Schwarzenegger last year:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3381/brunoarnold3.jpg

Bruno will be coming out July 10th... Brace yourselves.

Zera
03-16-2009, 08:04 PM
I did. It was too late. Nothing to do but laugh it off.

Lady Jade, did Congressman Paul say "weird" or "*****"? The saying of "*****" a few times would be the only thing I see as being bad in the future. Otherwise, making a heterosexual senior citizen feeling uncomfortable in the presence of an advancing homosexual won't really seem weird.

danberkeley
03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/bruno-7732421.jpg

MRoCkEd
03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Well I guess it's a sign that Ron Paul is popular when Bruno wants to make a sex tape with him...
Oh jesus, lmao:

Finally, Paul asks what's going on. "Don't worry about it, Dr. Paul," says Bruno, who then unbuckles his belt and drops his pants.

-

Lady Jade, did Congressman Paul say "weird" or "*****"? The saying of "*****" a few times would be the only thing I see as being bad in the future. Otherwise, making a heterosexual senior citizen feeling uncomfortable in the presence of an advancing homosexual won't really seem weird.
i'm wondering that too

Epic
03-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Lew Rockwell is furious...

"According to Slate, Cohen's latest magnum opus consists of his tricking polite middle-class Southerners into embarrassing situations. Ha ha ha. Hey, wasn't that his earlier movie? Yeah. That's his deceitful shtick. Last time, he creeped out Bob Barr. This time, his target was one of the few congressmen in history to deserve the title honorable, the actual gentleman from Texas, Ron Paul, who was placed into an interview with an alleged Austrian TV network.

The leftist Cohen, playing a gay newsguy, dropped his pants. Ron stalked out, noting the guy's orientation. The intent was to harm Ron, but who can blame the well-mannered doctor for such a comment under such lies and stress?"

homah
03-16-2009, 08:09 PM
"The other room, it turns out, is a bedroom. The lighting is low, and the film is now grainy—not unlike a sex tape—as it cuts to a hidden spy camera. There's a spread of Champagne and strawberries and caviar on a table."

Should have tried chocolate chip cookies, Bruno. Better luck next time.

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 08:11 PM

"According to Slate, Cohen's latest magnum opus consists of his tricking polite middle-class Southerners into embarrassing situations. Ha ha ha. Hey, wasn't that his earlier movie? Yeah. That's his deceitful shtick. Last time, he creeped out Bob Barr. This time, his target was one of the few congressmen in history to deserve the title honorable, the actual gentleman from Texas, Ron Paul, who was placed into an interview with an alleged Austrian TV network.

The leftist Cohen, playing a gay newsguy, dropped his pants. Ron stalked out, noting the guy's orientation. The intent was to harm Ron, but who can blame the well-mannered doctor for such a comment under such lies and stress?"

if Lew's furious Im fuming
I cant believe people are laughing. wait till the communists on Digg get hold of this
no wait till its "in theatres everywhere"
this ends my night here

homah
03-16-2009, 08:12 PM

What's wrong with saying "the guy's a *****"? I probably would have said "this guy is hitting on me" or something a little more tame, but it seems like a reasonable reaction, given the circumstances, and shouldn't make him seem like a homophobe or anything.

futureleft
03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Ha! :) I mean, it is totally wrong thing to do to a decent man like Dr. Paul...but the absurdity of it is pretty ace. And so what...he says "*****" or maybe he doesn't. We shouldn't be afraid of words.

Who didn't love Pat Buchanan after the Borat interview? OK, the retarded (ew...retard...so bad) left...and they hated him anyway.

MRoCkEd
03-16-2009, 08:15 PM
A stupid interview is one thing, but a gay guy trying to seduce dr. paul...

Kevin_Kennedy
03-16-2009, 08:15 PM
I think we need to have a sense of humor about this, sounds like it's pretty funny.

Conza88
03-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Look, I was pissed to the extreme when I read it. Why the fck can't Cohen go after McCain FFS. Or some SCUMbot. Ben Bernanke for starters.

But anyway, Dripping. Your attitude is full of fail.

I guarantee if you get all defensive, it only riles the cnts on Digg even more.

"Hey, if I was gay... Who WOULDN'T go after Ron?! :eek:."

Is by far the best approach.

The digg is bound to happen, so when it releases - someone needs to get the clip and up it with a positive spin.

angelatc
03-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Look, I was pissed to the extreme when I read it. Why the fck can't Cohen go after McCain FFS. Or some SCUMbot. Ben Bernanke for starters.

But anyway, Dripping. Your attitude is full of fail.

I guarantee if you get all defensive, it only riles the cnts on Digg even more.

"Hey, if I was gay... Who WOULDN'T go after Ron?! :eek:."

Is by far the best approach.

The best response might be to incinuate what might have happened if Obama had been in Ron's place. (I don't believe it, but I can fight stupid with stupid!)

Epic
03-16-2009, 08:21 PM
What's wrong with saying "the guy's a *****"? I probably would have said "this guy is hitting on me" or something a little more tame, but it seems like a reasonable reaction, given the circumstances, and shouldn't make him seem like a homophobe or anything.

I'm not a homophobe, but I probably would have done something worse than whatever RP did. In the heat of the moment, how can you blame somebody?

homah
03-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm not a homophobe, but I probably would have done something worse than whatever RP did. In the heat of the moment, how can you blame somebody?

You can't, I'm just anticipating the typical reaction from sites such as digg.

Epic
03-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Sorry didn't mean you personally, I just meant anybody.

Conza88
03-16-2009, 08:25 PM
"Sasha Baron Cohen tries to Seduce Ron Paul"

"Sasha Baron Cohen loves Ron Paul"

"Ron Paul loves his Wife too much"

"Mrs Paul faces limp competition from Bruno"

"Ron Paul is too busy fighting for your Freedom, than to make a Sex Video"

"Ron Paul rejects Bruno's advances. Instead gets his kicks from the Constitution"

:D cont.

:cool:

A. Havnes
03-16-2009, 08:29 PM
That's just wrong, and I bet Ron Paul didn't appreciate it very much. That's a dirty way of trying to ruin someone's credibility.

He Who Pawns
03-16-2009, 08:31 PM

Rockwell should put a sock in it. This guy is a comedian, and his films are funny as hell. If you cry like a baby when you get duped, you just look like an asshole and a whiner. The best way to handle it is to laugh along. That's what Pat Buchanan did, and he came out of it looking great. It's the people who get all angry that look like losers.

angelatc
03-16-2009, 08:40 PM
"The other room, it turns out, is a bedroom. The lighting is low, and the film is now grainy—not unlike a sex tape—as it cuts to a hidden spy camera. There's a spread of Champagne and strawberries and caviar on a table."

Should have tried chocolate chip cookies, Bruno. Better luck next time.

That's the best line in this thread.

Rael
03-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Libertarians Gone WildRon Paul's insane cameo in the upcoming Bruno movie.
By Christopher BeamPosted Monday, March 16, 2009, at 6:16 PM ET

Note: This article contains spoilers about Sacha Baron Cohen's upcoming movie, Bruno.

Ron Paul.Ron PaulPresidential candidates will do almost anything for publicity. But Ron Paul's appearance in Sacha Baron Cohen's upcoming Bruno movie suggests he draws the line at making sex tapes with gay Austrian TV hosts.

In a five-minute scene, comedian Cohen tries—and fails—to seduce the Texas congressman and former Republican presidential candidate in a Washington hotel room. A spokeswoman for Paul confirmed the appearance but declined to discuss details, which were provided by two people who attended a test screening last week.

The film, slated for release in July, is the follow-up to 2006's Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, about a Kazakh news reporter's quest to find a wife. Bruno follows a similar arc: After the flamboyant TV host's show in Austria gets canceled, he heads to the United States to try to resurrect his career.

The scene with Paul, filmed in early 2008, occurs about halfway through the movie, after Bruno gets the idea that you have to make a sex tape to become famous. (Stop reading here if you want to see the movie unspoiled.)

Cut to a nondescript hotel suite where Bruno sits across from Ron Paul. After a brief exchange of pleasantries, a light blows out on the set. Bruno apologizes for the technical difficulties and suggests that he and Paul wait in the other room while the crew fixes the light.

The other room, it turns out, is a bedroom. The lighting is low, and the film is now grainy—not unlike a sex tape—as it cuts to a hidden spy camera. There's a spread of Champagne and strawberries and caviar on a table.

Bruno tells Paul to make himself comfortable. Paul sits down on the bed. Bruno turns on some music and starts dancing. Paul is visibly uneasy but doesn't say anything at first. He picks up a newspaper and pretends to read it. "You can tell at each weird gay detail, he [chalks] it up to, This guy is European," says one of the attendees.

Finally, Paul asks what's going on. "Don't worry about it, Dr. Paul," says Bruno, who then unbuckles his belt and drops his pants. At that point, Paul snaps up and storms out of the room.

As Paul is walking away, you can hear him say, several times, something like, "This guy is a *****!" "The word ***** comes out of his mouth three or four times," says an attendee.

A spokeswoman for Paul confirmed that the episode took place but declined to provide details. "We don't want it to distract from his message," said press secretary Rachel Mills. "Now is the time when people need to be listening to him on economic issues."

Mills, who was present at the taping, did elaborate on the "*****" line. "I heard him say 'weird,' " she wrote in an e-mail. "In any case, ***** Eye for the Straight Guy, ***** as Folk … it's not exactly a shocking term if that's what he did say."

Mills also noted that Cohen's people were "very deceptive in their tactics." At the time, she thought they were "legitimate," but now confesses to some concern. "I'm familiar with his work, so you can imagine how I feel about it," she said.

The rest of the movie is a mix of interviews and stunts targeting celebrities and conservatives of various stripes. At one point, Bruno enrolls in a homosexual reprogramming course with evangelical Christians and spends the whole time hitting on the trainers. He sits down with a leader of Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, who tells Bruno to leave after Bruno tells him "your King Osama" looks like a "dirty wizard." During an interview with Paula Abdul, Bruno makes immigrant day laborers get down on their hands and knees and serve as furniture. And in the movie's much-hyped set piece, he stages a cage fight in Arkansas where, to the audience's surprise, he proceeds to make out passionately with another man.

Jesse Benton, senior vice president of Campaign for Liberty and former campaign spokesman for Paul, said Paul was not familiar with Cohen's HBO program, Da Ali G Show. "If it's not on hard-core financial news, he doesn't follow it," Benton said. But, he added, "It sounds like it's going to be pretty funny."

angelatc
03-16-2009, 08:41 PM
"Search" is your friend.

futureleft
03-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Rockwell should put a sock in it.

I love Lew and I love Murray Rothbard...but these are the guys who most likely thought that getting idiot racists to join the cause was a sound political strategy. I mean...lighten up. If a guy pretending to be a gay austrian damages the cause then it deserves to fail.

Conza88
03-16-2009, 08:42 PM
I didn't see Lews response as "furious".

Rockwell should put a sock in it. This guy is a comedian, and his films are funny as hell. If you cry like a baby when you get duped, you just look like an asshole and a whiner. The best way to handle it is to laugh along. That's what Pat Buchanan did, and he came out of it looking great. It's the people who get all angry that look like losers.

Negative. He should tell it like it is. Scholar, reporter, editor, academia, economist, whatever.

It's your "job" to play it down, if you so wish. He's merely getting the facts out. People make up their own minds as to how they respond. We're not drones.

Buchanan was getting interviewed. Ron Paul was ushered into a dark bedroom, then a guy acting ***** drops his pants...

What the FCK is the best response in that situation? lol... Ron Paul was pretty close from the sounds of it.

I love Lew and I love Murray Rothbard...but these are the guys who most likely thought that getting idiot racists to join the cause was a sound political strategy. I mean...lighten up. If a guy pretending to be a gay austrian damages the cause then it deserves to fail.

Ok, you're acquainting a factual blog post - to then throw out some real fcken bullshit strawman.

"these are the guys who most likely thought that getting idiot racists to join the cause was a sound political strategy" <-- BULLSHIT STRAWMAN.

And where did it say "it damages the cause".

Full of shit = you. ;)

t0rnado
03-16-2009, 08:46 PM
A few people, who might not have even known about Ron Paul, might google Ron Paul and discover his views. This movie isn't going to change our views about Ron Paul and the fascists that dislike him probably won't even watch this movie.

That being said, I can't wait for this movie to come out!

axiomata
03-16-2009, 08:54 PM
I can't wait for all the male nudity that this movie will bring!

OptionsTrader
03-16-2009, 08:56 PM
This will be nothing but good for Paul.

Lighten up.

Most people don't even know who he is. STILL.

Maybe they'll google him and find out more about him.

BuddyRey
03-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh gosh, this is terrible...

Why would SBC pick on somebody like Ron Paul?! Why didn't he go after Hucksterbee or Fred Thompson?

As much as I hate the way Ron was set up here, his response could have been less reactionary than to run off screaming 'this guy's a *****!" :(

A. Havnes
03-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Oh gosh, this is terrible...

Why would SBC pick on somebody like Ron Paul?! Why didn't he go after Hucksterbee or Fred Thompson?

As much as I hate the way Ron was set up here, his reaction could have been less reactionary than to run off screaming 'this guy's a *****!" :(

I can't blame him. Besides, they said that he may have said "weird" instead. I couldn't blame him for anything that he said. I'd be pretty shaken if someone tried to set me up like that.

jmlfod87
03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Cohen is a prick for picking Ron Paul to humiliate. Paul was the only Republican presidential candidate to defend homosexuals in the debates and this how the leftists show their gratitude.

Whether its good press or bad press is yet to be determined, all I know is I have lost the little respect I had for Cohen's work after this incident. Prick.

Bruno
03-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Cohen is a prick for picking Ron Paul to humiliate. Paul was the only Republican presidential candidate to defend homosexuals in the debates and this how the leftists show their gratitude.

Whether its good press or bad press is yet to be determined, all I know is I have lost the little respect I had for Cohen's work after this incident. Prick.

+1

- the Other Bruno

idiom
03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
"I Only Inspect Ladies"

HenryKnoxFineBooks
03-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Must have been the "Austrian" cover that led RP into that bedroom.

Ron cant resist talking austrian economics with people...

robert4rp08
03-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Paul mentioned this when he visited U. Pittsburgh back in April. Forgot about it.

FrankRep
03-16-2009, 10:27 PM

Jesse Benton, senior vice president of Campaign for Liberty and former campaign spokesman for Paul, said Paul was not familiar with Cohen's HBO program, Da Ali G Show. "If it's not on hard-core financial news, he doesn't follow it," Benton said. But, he added, "It sounds like it's going to be pretty funny."

What's done is done. Who cares..

Kludge
03-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Oh God.... I hope no one subjects Dr. Paul to a Cohen movie, even if he's in it.

TheConstitutionLives
03-16-2009, 10:31 PM
the best way to handle it is to laugh along. That's what pat buchanan did, and he came out of it looking great. It's the people who get all angry that look like losers.

+1,000 !

axiomata
03-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Barr reflects on his appearance in Borat. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtikB5mt8v0)

He Who Pawns
03-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Paul mentioned this when he visited U. Pittsburgh back in April. Forgot about it.

Heh. what did he say about it?

Bman
03-16-2009, 11:32 PM
As much as I hate the way Ron was set up here, his response could have been less reactionary than to run off screaming 'this guy's a *****!" :(

You've seen it? I didn't get that reaction from what I read.

Madison
03-17-2009, 12:01 AM
wtf?
if I was Ron Paul's cos id fire the ass of the person who allowed this to happen. this is unacceptable
but this is bad comedy. the kind that youd punch someone in the face for. this really got me pissed. I feel bad for the good Doc

You need to settle down. Also if it's a smear attempt they'll try to make him look like a homophobe, not gay.

Liberty Rebellion
03-17-2009, 12:12 AM
I say it's funny. We have to have a sense of humor about these things! How else would you expect an aged heterosexual man to act when being placed in such a position?!

Zolah
03-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Look forward to seeing it, I know Sacha Baron Cohen was probably running out of people to dupe, that's why he's ditched his other characters, big fan of his anyway.

Chieftain1776
03-17-2009, 03:58 AM

I agree and doing that to a 73 year old man is despicable.

Can you imagine the feminists (or Slate's) reaction if someone like Rush Limbaugh as a "joke" in a "documentary" dropped his pants and tried to have sex with a 73 year old female women right's activist? Or one of the lesbian congresswomen? If the woman SHOT HIM DEAD the feminazi's (and even some reasonable people) would consider it an understandable reaction. And now Ron Paul is going to be smeared as a homophobe and that his reaction is going to somehow be seen as more horrible?

I need to see the video but in spite of my libertarian philosophy I certainly could have been angry enough to knock him out and dealt with the legal consequences later. I do know that deciding about what the best "politically correct" response to unwanted sexual advances from some homosexual wouldn't have been the first thing on my mind.

Conza88
03-17-2009, 04:16 AM
I agree and doing that to a 73 year old man is despicable.

Can you imagine the feminists (or Slate's) reaction if someone like Rush Limbaugh as a "joke" in a "documentary" dropped his pants and tried to have sex with a 73 year old female women right's activist? Or one of the lesbian congresswomen? If the woman SHOT HIM DEAD the feminazi's (and even some reasonable people) would consider it an understandable reaction. And now Ron Paul is going to be smeared as a homophobe and that his reaction is going to somehow be seen as more horrible?

Save that for digg. lol

:)

Chieftain1776
03-17-2009, 04:38 AM
Save that for digg. lol

:)

http://digg.com/movies/Libertarians_Gone_Wild_Ron_Paul_in_new_Cohen_movie

Responded.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-17-2009, 04:39 AM
Joke or not, Ron Paul is too classy and mature for this kind of BS.

Chieftain1776
03-17-2009, 04:52 AM
The title is fair on digg...I don't believe in burying it. I suggest that those so inclined bury any other submissions of this story as duplicate though.

Conza88
03-17-2009, 06:10 AM
http://digg.com/movies/Libertarians_Gone_Wild_Ron_Paul_in_new_Cohen_movie

Responded.

I meant for the video clip of him... and the inflammatory title, but ok.

Cowlesy
03-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Sacha Baron Cohen is a monumental douchebag for all the bullshit he pulls.

I am surprised he hasn't been harmed in all the stunts he's done. Maybe his implicit thesis that all Americans are animals is incorrect if he hasn't had his skull pounded in yet by some of the people he's tricked or humiliated.

Chester Copperpot
03-17-2009, 06:44 AM
wtf?

lighten up. I thought Bob Barr was a good sport when it happened to him. And Im sure Ron Paul was a good sport as well.

Im fine with letting 2 million people see Ron Paul's face for the first time.
Even in this context/

Sandra
03-17-2009, 06:47 AM
This might be a whopping dose of good PR. "Hmmmm, why did they choose Ron Paul?" is the question viewers will ask.

TonySutton
03-17-2009, 06:51 AM
I am sorry, I don't see anything negative from this at all unless Dr Paul handles questions concerning it poorly. It is an opportunity to get name recognition.

Someones comment about using aggression in this case seems very counter to the liberty movement. RP did the right thing by walking out.

Hopefully he has a well rehearsed comical reply for any questions related to this incident.

ClayTrainor
03-17-2009, 06:54 AM
I am sorry, I don't see anything negative from this at all unless Dr Paul handles questions concerning it poorly. It is an opportunity to get name recognition.

I agree, this will expose him to millions. His name is already starting to become recognizable to the mainstream, and this will ensure that nearly every American knows who he is.

Someones comment about using aggression in this case seems very counter to the liberty movement. RP did the right thing by walking out.

Ghandi has taught him well ;)

Hopefully he has a well rehearsed comical reply for any questions related to this incident.

This is the best thing RP could possibly do at this point, to combat any negative press he may receive from this.

georgiaboy
03-17-2009, 07:05 AM

"He's not my type" :wink:

MsDoodahs
03-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Joke or not, Ron Paul is too classy and mature for this kind of BS.

This.

Yes, let's make SURE we DESTROY the view of Ron Paul as a "real statesman."

Let's make Dr. Paul a LAUGHING STOCK, then whenever there is any SERIOUS consideration of him or his ideas in the future, we'll whip out this little clip and THAT will put a stop to it.

:mad:

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 07:15 AM
What did he say about it?

georgiaboy
03-17-2009, 07:15 AM
^MsD, simply ridiculous.

It's called comedy.

LibertyEagle
03-17-2009, 07:21 AM
^MsD, simply ridiculous.

It's called comedy.

Most mature adults don't find that kind of humor very funny at all.

georgiaboy
03-17-2009, 07:23 AM
most mature adults are not the target audience of SBC.

georgiaboy
03-17-2009, 07:24 AM
if RP feels like he was harmed in any way, he can sue SBC, right?

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 07:24 AM
I don't find Borat or Bruno funny.
Ali G has his moments though.
Here's his interview with Pat Buchanan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwEd_tcKBfU

georgiaboy
03-17-2009, 07:25 AM
most mature adults would take this for the piece of useless tripe it is and move on.

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Oh, and for those saying "I can't believe Dr. Paul got duped..",
these guys are good - they tricked the national guard into letting him go through training exercises the other day.

mello
03-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Don't his handlers do any background checks? If you google, "Bruno" the second entry
is his wikipedia posts & the next are youtube videos.

It's only funny when it's the other guy. Mitt Romney or Guiliani would have been friggin'
hilarious.

ClayTrainor
03-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Oh, and for those saying "I can't believe Dr. Paul got duped..",
these guys are good - they tricked the national guard into letting him go through training exercises the other day.

Oh yea... some of the interviews they're able to get are very impressive...

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Don't his handlers do any background checks? If you google, "Bruno" the second entry
is his wikipedia posts & the next are youtube videos.

It's only funny when it's the other guy. Mitt Romney or Guiliani would have been friggin'
hilarious.
They don't tell you it's bruno - they say it's some austrian television company, and they have professional information lined up in case you search them

Sandra
03-17-2009, 07:33 AM
I remember when politicians would be the target for Candid Camera, supporters would get FURIOUS then too because it was considered risque. CC type comedy has changed through the years, though.

ladyjade3
03-17-2009, 07:51 AM
They don't tell you it's bruno - they say it's some austrian television company, and they have professional information lined up in case you search them

This.

No one gets a chance to "vet" Bruno. Come on, people. Give me a little credit. I saw Borat. I saw Madagascar. I saw Sweeney Todd. They don't let you see him coming.

georgiaboy
03-17-2009, 07:54 AM
i think there's something positive to be said about being chosen as one of SBC's 'victims'.

"It's an honor just being nominated", or something.

MsDoodahs
03-17-2009, 07:57 AM
^MsD, simply ridiculous.

You go on ahead, boy, and laugh at Ron's expense.

I won't be joining you.

If that makes ME ridiculous, fine.

Sandra
03-17-2009, 08:02 AM
There is an endless spectrum of the sense of humour. None right, none wrong. Humor is unexplainable.

georgiaboy
03-17-2009, 08:10 AM
now that's funny.

A. Havnes
03-17-2009, 08:10 AM
I remember when politicians would be the target for Candid Camera, supporters would get FURIOUS then too because it was considered risque. CC type comedy has changed through the years, though.

I don't recall Candid Camera ever pretending to be a homosexual and dropping his pants in front of a 73-year-old, or anyone for that matter.

Conza88
03-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Ali G's interviews with famous people (often politicians) gained notoriety partly because the subjects were not privy to the joke that Ali G, rather than being a real interviewer, was a comic character played by Baron Cohen. According to Rolling Stone magazine, Baron Cohen would always enter the interview area in character as Ali G, carrying equipment and appearing to be an insignificant crew member. He would arrive with a suited man, who the interviewee naturally thought was the interviewer.

Baron Cohen, as Ali G, would sit down to begin conducting the interview by asking the interviewee some preliminary questions. The interviewee, however, would remain under the impression that the smartly-dressed director would be conducting the interview until short notice prior to cameras rolling: this would grant an advantage of surprise, whereby the interviewee would be less likely to opt out of the Ali interview prior to its commencement.[15]

acptulsa
03-17-2009, 08:17 AM
This is already perking up the discourse.

I just posted this at Slate in response to something goofy one of the resident liberals said:

What the hell does deregulation have to do with the current mess? I haven't seen any signs of deregulation in a quarter century.

The current mess has roots in the Clinton and Dubya administrations forcing lenders to make subprime loans, Fannie and Freddie, and in a banking culture that knows deep in what passes for their hearts that the bailouts will come--no problem privatizing the profits now, we'll be socializing the losses later and we'll still get our bonuses.

A deregulated honest-to-goodness free market would have seen these Dilbertian nightmares crash. A free market probably wouldn't have seen them grow 'too big to fail'--and certainly not because (as was the case) companies like AIG got preferential treatment in being chosen to serve entities like Fannie and Freedie (neither of which ever had to survive on its own merits).

Deregulation trashed the market? The proposition is insane. The politicians and Ben Bernanke stayed steadfastly at the controls and flew the plane straight into the ground.

Sandra
03-17-2009, 08:17 AM
I don't recall Candid Camera ever pretending to be a homosexual and dropping his pants in front of a 73-year-old, or anyone for that matter.

The later ones were a bit more raunchier.

MsDoodahs
03-17-2009, 08:23 AM

I just posted this at Slate in response to something goofy one of the resident liberals said:

What the hell does deregulation have to do with the current mess? I haven't seen any signs of deregulation in a quarter century.

The current mess has roots in the Clinton and Dubya administrations forcing lenders to make subprime loans, Fannie and Freddie, and in a banking culture that knows deep in what passes for their hearts that the bailouts will come--no problem privatizing the profits now, we'll be socializing the losses later and we'll still get our bonuses.

A deregulated honest-to-goodness free market would have seen these Dilbertian nightmares crash. A free market probably wouldn't have seen them grow 'too big to fail'--and certainly not because (as was the case) companies like AIG got preferential treatment in being chosen to serve entities like Fannie and Freedie (neither of which ever had to survive on its own merits).

Deregulation trashed the market? The proposition is insane. The politicians and Ben Bernanke stayed steadfastly at the controls and flew the plane straight into the ground.

That is excellent!

Thank you!

Natalie
03-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Wow, this is totally lame. Is there seriously no one on RP's staff who had never seen the Ali G show? It was a pretty popular show on HBO. Or the Borat movie? It was huge. I thought Borat was hilarious, but I feel very sorry for RP. He's an old conservative man, and did not know what was coming :(

Natalie
03-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Although, I do remember my brother telling me that when he told his friends he was voting for Bob Barr, people who otherwise would know nothing about the Libertarian Party said, "Who, that guy from Borat?"

Sandra
03-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Bruno really isn't his funniest character, kinda lame to make a whole movie length feature with him. Ali G's my favorite.

Conza88
03-17-2009, 08:32 AM
most mature adults are not the target audience of SBC.

That's a good point.

if RP feels like he was harmed in any way, he can sue SBC, right?

Many have tried, all have failed. And that'd possibly be the stupidest thing anyone could do. (If you're already a public figure)

most mature adults would take this for the piece of useless tripe it is and move on.

Yes, hopefully.

I'm interested now though, there seems to be a divide... Funny get over it / this is BS Grrr...

I'm wondering if AGE has anything to do with it?

So I made this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=184126

ladyjade3
03-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Wow, this is totally lame. Is there seriously no one on RP's staff who had never seen the Ali G show? It was a pretty popular show on HBO. Or the Borat movie? It was huge. I thought Borat was hilarious, but I feel very sorry for RP. He's an old conservative man, and did not know what was coming :(

We've all seen Borat. Again, do you seriously think "Borat" calls and asks for the interview? Do you think Ashton Kutcher calls up people and asked if they'd like to be on his show "Punk'd" ? Come on now. He's just a little bit sneakier than that.

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 08:49 AM
What was Dr. Paul's reaction after finding out that it was a prank and that he will be in the Bruno movie?

jmlfod87
03-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Yea people cmon, this isn't Rachel's fault. If Cohen wants an interview he is going to find a way to get one. All we can do is hope this turns more people on to Ron Paul than it turns off.

Rocket80
03-17-2009, 09:40 AM
It is weird to think that no one on his staff new what was up. Then again, maybe only 1 or 2 staffers show up to this type of thing? And again, maybe once they went into the bedroom no staffers followed? And what did we expect, someone to jump in front of the camera and drag RP outta there....I suppose I might've done that, who knows.

Aratus
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
does this explain our own "SteveMartin" and his Borat and Bruno aspected postings?
there are old threads here i dare not bumpity~bump bump up to the top. trust me!

Aratus
03-17-2009, 09:49 AM
i knew there was something akin to the cheeese scene with bob barr that was worse
and was not honorable on the part of mr. cohen in that the whole thing was staged!!!

JoshLowry
03-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Did Ron Paul have to sign a waiver allowing him to be in the movie after the prank?

Was one signed prior to the interview?

Aratus
03-17-2009, 09:52 AM
if... if if IF... if if... if our "SteveMartin" is totally correct & poor Ron Paul has a tarnished image
due to a short all too human very verbal & loud outburst upon this all going from bad to worse,
THEN LETs run RAND PAUL a.s.a.p! either Rand Paul or another rEVOLUTIOn candidate!!!!

tremendoustie
03-17-2009, 09:55 AM

Good job :). Also don't forget interest rates -- that's the biggie, as well as the FDIC.

Aratus
03-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Did Ron Paul have to sign a waiver
allowing him to be in the movie after the prank?

our thought of the day... yes!

JoshLowry
03-17-2009, 10:04 AM
our thought of the day... yes!

:confused: Are you on the staff or was this already answered?

Is that a yes? To which question of mine?

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Did Ron Paul have to sign a waiver allowing him to be in the movie after the prank?

They get them to sign the waiver beforehand. It obviously was valid if the scene was in early screenings of the movie.

JoshLowry
03-17-2009, 10:07 AM
They get them to sign the waiver beforehand. It obviously was valid if the scene was in early screenings of the movie.

Oh ok, thanks. I haven't been following all the threads.

Rocket80
03-17-2009, 10:08 AM
I actually just watched a Bob Barr video responding to a question about his appearance in Borat and he said the pre-interview waiver was way too broad and general and that he refused to sign it - so they let him cross out whatever he didn't like, which he did - and he jokes that he clearly didn't cross out enough.

Rangeley
03-17-2009, 10:18 AM
This guy gives a differing account of what happens in the movie:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/025858.html

I attended the first screening of Bruno here in Los Angeles. I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter. When Ron Paul came on screen the majority of the audience cheered, clapped, and hollered. The Slate article was inaccurate regarding Ron Paul's scene however. When Bruno pulled his pants down, Ron Paul jumped up and tried to leave the bedroom, but was blocked by Bruno. Ron Paul yelled, "Get out of here," and pushed him aside. As Ron Paul was leaving the hotel room walking towards the elevators, he said something to the effect of, "That guy's *****er than blazes." Ron Paul was visibly uncomfortable, but he didn't do anything that would reflect poorly on himself.

He Who Pawns
03-17-2009, 10:22 AM
i attended the first screening of bruno here in los angeles. I'm a huge ron paul supporter. When ron paul came on screen the majority of the audience cheered, clapped, and hollered. The slate article was inaccurate regarding ron paul's scene however. When bruno pulled his pants down, ron paul jumped up and tried to leave the bedroom, but was blocked by bruno. Ron paul yelled, "get out of here," and pushed him aside. As ron paul was leaving the hotel room walking towards the elevators, he said something to the effect of, "that guy's *****er than blazes." ron paul was visibly uncomfortable, but he didn't do anything that would reflect poorly on himself.

hahhaaha. :)

dannno
03-17-2009, 10:23 AM
You should note that the term "*****" is in fact the politically correct term to refer to gay and bisexual individuals.

Go to just about any college campus across the country, and they will have an organization for "*****s".

danberkeley
03-17-2009, 10:34 AM
What exactly does "*****er than blazes" mean?

Dripping Rain
03-17-2009, 10:39 AM
This guy gives a differing account of what happens in the movie:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/025858.html

that makes me feel better. i hope it isnt as bad as I read on slate
still there should be some disciplinary action for RP staff in my opinion

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 10:39 AM
I attended the first screening of Bruno here in Los Angeles. I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter. When Ron Paul came on screen the majority of the audience cheered, clapped, and hollered. The Slate article was inaccurate regarding Ron Paul's scene however. When Bruno pulled his pants down, Ron Paul jumped up and tried to leave the bedroom, but was blocked by Bruno. Ron Paul yelled, "Get out of here," and pushed him aside. As Ron Paul was leaving the hotel room walking towards the elevators, he said something to the effect of, "That guy's *****er than blazes." Ron Paul was visibly uncomfortable, but he didn't do anything that would reflect poorly on himself.
Hah! That actually makes it seem so much better.

Zolah
03-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Bruno really isn't his funniest character, kinda lame to make a whole movie length feature with him. Ali G's my favorite.

The popularily of his prominent characters would make it nigh-on impossible for them to be effective though, that's why he focused on Borat when Ali G 'peaked', and I guess what he has left now is Bruno :p I guess he'll have other characters in time.

Mesogen
03-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh boy. This is hilarious.

Poor Ron Paul, but hey it was all in fun.

I can't WAIT for all the morons to jump on the ***** thing.

BlackTerrel
03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Hopefully this is a case of any publicity is good publicity. Not sure though. There might be a lot of "Ron Paul hates gays!!" which would be unfair.

"Bruno" dropped his pants in front of him and Ron Paul walked out. That's as (or more) mild a reaction as you'd ever get from a straight person. Can't see him being criticized for that.

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 12:10 PM
"Bruno" dropped his pants in front of him and Ron Paul walked out. That's as (or more) mild a reaction as you'd ever get from a straight person. Can't see him being criticized for that.
omg!!! why didnt ron paul want to make love to him!! he must be a homophobe!!!

Xenophage
03-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh my god. I can't help but laugh but... this is going to be so bad for us... and Cohen doesn't target liberals... probably because there's a high probability they'd take the bait and suck him off.

BlackTerrel
03-17-2009, 12:17 PM
You can't, I'm just anticipating the typical reaction from sites such as digg.

People who are already anti-RP will stay anti-RP.

But no one who is pro or indifferent to Ron Paul is going to turn against him because of this. This is about as tame a reaction as you'd get from a straight man who has a "gay guy" drop his pants in front of him.

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 12:18 PM
If anything it will help more people discover who Ron Paul is

Sandra
03-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Gay groups hate Cohen. They'll target him for putting homosexuals in a bad light. The loser will be Cohen.

BlackTerrel
03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Shaq and Ali G

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf1D40jLdyo

Aratus
03-17-2009, 12:50 PM
:confused: Are you on the staff or was this already answered?

Is that a yes? To which question of mine?

i'm not a staffer. this is WHY its my thought of the day...
i have spent the WHOLE day really WONDERING about how
the legal permission was arrived at for the film to now be seen.

ladyjade3
03-17-2009, 12:52 PM
that makes me feel better. i hope it isnt as bad as I read on slate
still there should be some disciplinary action for RP staff in my opinion

Let me remind you that you weren't there and you don't know all the facts.

Mort
03-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Everyone should try not to make a judgment call until they ACTUALLY SEE IT. We all know how inaccurate the media can be and that's what you are relying on.

Rangeley
03-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Oh my god. I can't help but laugh but... this is going to be so bad for us... and Cohen doesn't target liberals... probably because there's a high probability they'd take the bait and suck him off.
What would Barney Frank have done?

tremendoustie
03-17-2009, 01:21 PM
What would Barney Frank have done?

May I refer you sir, to the rules of this forum:

+ No posting of graphically offensive material. If there is a valid reason that relates to the campaign as to why something graphic is of value then post a link to the content and provide a clear warning adjacent to the link explaining the issue.

:p

jack555
03-17-2009, 01:25 PM
http://slate.com/id/2213882

I hope he said weird and not *****. I know he respects gay peoples rights so its a shame if he said *****. Perfectly understandable though if this happened to me unexpectedly I'm sure all sorts of things would come out of my mouth...

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 01:27 PM
I hope he said weird and not *****. I know he respects gay peoples rights so its a shame if he said *****. Perfectly understandable though if this happened to me unexpectedly I'm sure all sorts of things would come out of my mouth...

from lewrockwell

TonySutton
03-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Gay groups hate Cohen. They'll target him for putting homosexuals in a bad light. The loser will be Cohen.

Some collectivists gays might but not all. Typically these are the same lefties who would target him whether they were gay or not.

There are plenty of free thinking gays out there.

MRoCkEd
03-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Some collectivists gays might but not all. Typically these are the same lefties who would target him whether they were gay or not.

There are plenty of free thinking gays out there.
He means target Sacha for playing a gay

Sandra
03-17-2009, 01:33 PM
He means target Sacha for playing a gay

Yep, and I'm a she. :)

Chieftain1776
03-17-2009, 02:37 PM
"Oh my god. I can't help but laugh but... this is going to be so bad for us... and Cohen doesn't target liberals"

I have two reasons why I think he targeted Ron Paul:

1) Because RP had a large young internet savvy group of followers. Cohen knows that this incident would get out, go viral, and create more buzz for his movie. It worked.

2) Cohen probably looked into him more and saw that he was a principled libertarian/conservative and--being a leftist,--hated him to the extent he wanted to embarrass him. In his movies he targets what leftists typically identify as the "backwards right"....that's the raison d'etre of his films. Think about how he targets the South and conservative social mores in general: Bob Barr, Pat Buchanan, fraternities, country bars etc. While he does tweak some liberal targets in Borat (can't remember specific ones but it was only minor if I remember correctly) most of it is directed to the cultural right.

I think it would be interesting to have an anti-Cohen infiltrate NOW, PETA, Greenpeace etc. But somehow I don't think it would be as popular with the media.

Zera
03-17-2009, 02:42 PM
"Oh my god. I can't help but laugh but... this is going to be so bad for us... and Cohen doesn't target liberals"

I have two reasons why I think he targeted Ron Paul:

1) Because RP had a large young internet savvy group of followers. Cohen knows that this incident would get out, go viral, and create more buzz for his movie. It worked.

2) Cohen probably looked into him more and saw that he was a principled libertarian/conservative and--being a leftist,--hated him to the extent he wanted to embarrass him. In his movies he targets what leftists typically identify as the "backwards right"....that's the raison d'etre of his films. Think about how he targets the South and conservative social mores in general: Bob Barr, Pat Buchanan, fraternities, country bars etc. While he does tweak some liberal targets in Borat (can't remember specific ones but it was only minor if I remember correctly) most of it is directed to the cultural right.

I think it would be interesting to have an anti-Cohen infiltrate NOW, PETA, Greenpeace etc. But somehow I don't think it would be as popular with the media.

I'm pretty sure he didn't go towards Paul because he hated him because he's a leftist. Conservatives, especially older ones, are very easy to make fun of, and he saw the opportunity. I'm sure if he did look into him at all, he would have known that he has nothing against homosexuals anyway.

ladyjade3
03-17-2009, 02:51 PM
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=88600

Zera
03-17-2009, 02:55 PM

Jeez, why can't all people just be accepting of what others want to do in their lives?

Chieftain1776
03-17-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty sure he didn't go towards Paul because he hated him because he's a leftist. Conservatives, especially older ones, are very easy to make fun of, and he saw the opportunity. I'm sure if he did look into him at all, he would have known that he has nothing against homosexuals anyway.

Good point...but why is it "easier to make fun of" older conservatives? If I did something similar to Barney Frank there would be outrage. I mean I'd probably be put in jail for attempted rape and some hate crime. There would be a symposium for a week on how "Gays in America" are mistreated and, being more of a right winger, it would discredit the cause of conservatism in the media's eyes.

I think you're probably right overall and satire is perhaps funny because it challenges predominant social mores. But unfortunately satire of the Cohen sort I believe has political and social goals.

That said...Cohen is still a guilty pleasure for me and I'll probably wind up watching it. It just takes away from the experience when it becomes political.

Zera
03-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Good point...but why is it "easier to make fun of" older conservatives? If I did something similar to Barney Frank there would be outrage. I mean I'd probably be put in jail for attempted rape and some hate crime. There would be a symposium for a week on how "Gays in America" are mistreated and, being more of a right winger, it would discredit the cause of conservatism in the media's eyes.

I think you're probably right overall and satire is perhaps funny because it challenges predominant social mores. But unfortunately satire of the Cohen sort I believe has political and social goals.

That said...Cohen is still a guilty pleasure for me and I'll probably wind up watching it. It just takes away from the experience when it becomes political.

I really don't think he has any political goals. He makes fun of a lot of people, from politicians to feminists.

0zzy
03-17-2009, 04:30 PM
wow. this sucks, i dont know if i want to see it. i feel sorry for paul;[

Kludge
03-17-2009, 04:35 PM
What exactly does "*****er than blazes" mean?

Dr. Paul was in shock. You tend to get a bit tongue-tied when someone scares the piss out of you but you don't want to offend the person.

LibertyEagle
03-17-2009, 04:36 PM

I think you'd probably be guilty of something else, if you tried the same with Barney Frank. ;)

LibertyEagle
03-17-2009, 04:39 PM

Wow, they're really scared of Ron, aren't they now. :D It just shows that he's over the target and is taking flak for it. Go, Ron, Go.

blocks
03-17-2009, 04:41 PM
I just want to say: Rachel, you have nothing to feel bad about. These guys are talented, seeing some things they've gotten SBC into and the people he has got an interview with...obviously they have all the right answers and credentials to fool just about anybody once.

Chieftain1776
03-17-2009, 05:18 PM
He got some medicine but apparently it wasn't enough...just came across this:

He approached the man and said: I like your clothings. Are nice! Please may I buying? I want have sex with it.
But the bystander didn’t see the joke. He took one look at Cohen and punched him in the face.
The funnyman known for his Borat catchphrase Jagshemash! yelled for help but was slugged again and again.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article71001.ece

Also I can't believe how much of a @#!@$ hypocrite Cohen is... I just found this:

Apparently, Ali G grabbed snapper Richard Corkery by the throat at the after-show party in New York, when Corkery tried to take pictures with Ali's fiancee Isla Fisher, who co-stars in the film.

Corkery said: "It was shocking. You just don't expect that someone would grab your throat." Nevertheless, the witness from the incident declared that Cohen told the photographer not to take pictures without permission.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ali-G-Beat-Up-A-Photographer-4960.shtml

Can you imagine what he would do if I pulled his Ron Paul scheme with his (hot) wife? And he was only flipping out over a fully clothed photo in public! Where was the funny man's sense of humor then???

What....a...hypocrite!

RSLudlum
03-17-2009, 05:33 PM
LOL...It hasn't even been 24 hours since this thread started and there's already 3,478 views. :eek:

RonPaulFanInGA
03-17-2009, 05:41 PM
This movie sounds like a crock of sh**. It's a pretend homosexual guy openly hitting on straight men, trying to get a reaction and hopefully some homophobic-type remarks.

The thing is though, if a straight man did to a woman what this guy did to Paul (hit on him, drop his pants), he'd probably be arrested or at least sued.

Paul showed great restraint not decking the guy.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
From Lew Rockwell:

I attended the first screening of Bruno here in Los Angeles. I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter. When Ron Paul came on screen the majority of the audience cheered,clapped, and hollered. The Slate article was inaccurate regarding Ron Paul's scene however. When Bruno pulled his pants down, Ron Paul jumped up and tried to leave the bedroom, but was blocked by Bruno. Ron Paul yelled, "Get out of here," and pushed him aside. As Ron Paul was leaving the hotel room walking towards the elevators, he said something to the effect of, "That guy's *****er than blazes." Ron Paul was visibly uncomfortable, but he didn't do anything that would reflect poorly on himself.

brandon
03-17-2009, 06:06 PM
lol sounds hilarious.

I'm not homophobic at all, but if some dude started hitting on me I wouldn't hesitate to use words like "*****" or "***" or "******."

And if he tried to physically stop me from leaving an area I wouldn't hesitate to throw punches while using the above words.

Conza88
03-17-2009, 07:16 PM
He got some medicine but apparently it wasn't enough...just came across this:

He approached the man and said: I like your clothings. Are nice! Please may I buying? I want have sex with it.
But the bystander didn’t see the joke. He took one look at Cohen and punched him in the face.
The funnyman known for his Borat catchphrase Jagshemash! yelled for help but was slugged again and again.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article71001.ece

Also I can't believe how much of a @#!@$ hypocrite Cohen is... I just found this:

Apparently, Ali G grabbed snapper Richard Corkery by the throat at the after-show party in New York, when Corkery tried to take pictures with Ali's fiancee Isla Fisher, who co-stars in the film.

Corkery said: "It was shocking. You just don't expect that someone would grab your throat." Nevertheless, the witness from the incident declared that Cohen told the photographer not to take pictures without permission.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ali-G-Beat-Up-A-Photographer-4960.shtml

Can you imagine what he would do if I pulled his Ron Paul scheme with his (hot) wife? And he was only flipping out over a fully clothed photo in public! Where was the funny man's sense of humor then???

What....a...hypocrite!

Someone call Ashton Kutcher... lol :D

ClayTrainor
03-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Someone call Ashton Kutcher... lol :D

I never had much respect for Ashton Kutcher but, if he punk's Cohen, he immediately moves up to near-legendary status :p

Zera
03-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Jeez, I can't believe people are hating Cohen just for this. The people who are claiming that he did this for political reasons are just being absurd. He interviews many people, and he does so for the reaction. He also goes towards people he can easily obtain to do something with. I'm not blaming anyone here, but if people didn't want this to happen, you shouldn't have allowed just anyone to interview you. I realize press is necessary, but what good would Austrian press be?

Madison
03-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Borat was one of the funniest movies of all time. I'm sure this one will be great too. People need to lighten up.

Stary Hickory
03-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeah F&^% Cohen. What a loser, he went after the most honorable guy in congress. And more than likely just because he is a Republican(or ran as one). So no Cohen is not very original and quite frankly it shows how shallow his work is.

I am disgusted with this, I guess it's holly wood so this is to be expected. However my opinion of Cohen has dropped quite a bit. I won't be watching any of his movies or TV shows. He is up there with Tom Cruise in my book.

idiom
03-17-2009, 09:27 PM
On what planet is '*****' Offensive? Its the preffered slang term.

0zzy
03-17-2009, 10:32 PM
When Ron Paul was 7 years old, The Wizard of Oz just came out in theaters. ***** meant strange. A man taking his pants off in front of you is quite strange.

idiom
03-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Nobody else watches ***** TV then?

BenIsForRon
03-17-2009, 10:49 PM
To all the people mad at Sacha... this is easily going to be the funniest movie of the year. Him playing a joke on our favorite congressman doesn't change that.

0zzy
03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
To all the people mad at Sacha... this is easily going to be the funniest movie of the year. Him playing a joke on our favorite congressman doesn't change that.

Because deceiving people and making them uncomfortable is funny. "Here sign this contract, we will have an interview for my motherland of [country here]"

reality:
get naked in front of you
try to bag you up while you are signing books

Kludge
03-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Because deceiving people and making them uncomfortable is funny.

Indeed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ6g25P6vKA

0zzy
03-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Indeed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ6g25P6vKA

oh....well, f you :).

though there is a difference, sometimes he goes too far. being naked in a room with a 70+person is just, not right.

danberkeley
03-17-2009, 11:32 PM
ANyone ever see this show? I wiki'd ***** and this show came up.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d6/Qecd.jpg

danberkeley
03-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Ali G versus Naomi Wolf :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyLSstqMvH8

Madison
03-17-2009, 11:49 PM
sometimes he goes too far.

Have you not seen Borat? This guy's work is the epitome of "going too far". I really doubt you'd be saying this if it was anyone but RP.

anaconda
03-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Didn't he set up Pat Buchanan on an Ali G. episode?

I laughed really hard when they were running through the hotel lobby naked in Borat. The only comparable film laugh for me was the first time I saw the candy bar in the pool scene in Caddyshack.

blocks
03-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Didn't he set up Pat Buchanan on an Ali G. episode?

Yeah, it's hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blnduEgwBH0

He has Pat Buchanan referring to WMDs as BLTs. There's a video of Pat somewhere explaining how he got setup and he thought it was real until 6 months later when someone called him after it aired.

anaconda
03-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Yeah, it's hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blnduEgwBH0

He has Pat Buchanan referring to WMDs as BLTs. There's a video of Pat somewhere explaining how he got setup and he thought it was real until 6 months later when someone called him after it aired.

I can just see Colin Powell following neocon orders and making the case for BLT's before the U.N. Would have been far more convincing than the case for WMD's.

Kludge
03-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Ali G & Ice Cream Glove (Trump @ 1:30) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkuOuxRD1Bc

hugolp
03-18-2009, 12:50 AM

Libertarians Gone Wild : Ron Paul's insane cameo in the upcoming Bruno movie.
By Christopher BeamPosted Monday, March 16, 2009, at 6:16 PM ET

Note: This article contains spoilers about Sacha Baron Cohen's upcoming movie, Bruno.

Ron Paul.Ron PaulPresidential candidates will do almost anything for publicity. But Ron Paul's appearance in Sacha Baron Cohen's upcoming Bruno movie suggests he draws the line at making sex tapes with gay Austrian TV hosts.

In a five-minute scene, comedian Cohen tries—and fails—to seduce the Texas congressman and former Republican presidential candidate in a Washington hotel room. A spokeswoman for Paul confirmed the appearance but declined to discuss details, which were provided by two people who attended a test screening last week.

The film, slated for release in July, is the follow-up to 2006's Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, about a Kazakh news reporter's quest to find a wife. Bruno follows a similar arc: After the flamboyant TV host's show in Austria gets canceled, he heads to the United States to try to resurrect his career.

Continues in the link

revolutionary8
03-18-2009, 01:24 AM
"Half-Naked, Hairy, Odd looking, Skinny, Borat-Like Character Attempts To Hump Congressman Ron Paul: Ron Paul RESISTS"
:D

RUN RON PAUL RUN!
2012 BABY!
If Ron Paul can resist the temptations of Borat,he can resist the temptations of anyone.
lol

revolutionary8
03-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Because deceiving people and making them uncomfortable is funny. "Here sign this contract, we will have an interview for my motherland of [country here]"

reality:
get naked in front of you
try to bag you up while you are signing books
cackle.
Ron Paul is the bomb.
*disclaimer: not really "the bomb" per say, I am not talkin' terraist lingo here, I mean figuratively not literally, as in Ron Paul is "cool".

BlackTerrel
03-18-2009, 01:54 AM
ANyone ever see this show? I wiki'd ***** and this show came up.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d6/Qecd.jpg

Yeah right dude... you just wiki'd it... I'm sure :D

We know where you get all your fashion tips from.

blocks
03-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Ali G & Ice Cream Glove (Trump @ 2:00) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkuOuxRD1Bc

LOL...Seems like most of his Ali G HBO stuff is a lot more innocent then the stuff thats in the Borat movie and what sounds like will be in the Bruno movie.

anaconda
03-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Dr. Paul sticks to his ethics once again!

tremendoustie
03-18-2009, 01:50 PM
cackle.
Ron Paul is the bomb.
*disclaimer: not really "the bomb" per say, I am not talkin' terraist lingo here, I mean figuratively not literally, as in Ron Paul is "cool".

**Heelllo. Yes, I need to scrub that DHS raid. Roger that. Looks like it was just some sort of slang. Yes, I know sir. Perhaps we can hire some sort of consultant on that. No, I don't have time to get out myself. Allright then. Yes, that's a good idea, some sort of terrorist slang memo. I'll get right on that sir. You said wikipedia right?

Xenophage
03-18-2009, 02:59 PM
I woulda said, "WHAT THE FUCK DUDE!" and quickly made for the door. Then I would have said "Holy shit get me out of here. No, I'm leaving. Let's go. This dude just fucking tried to show me his dick. Oh my god. What the hell interview did you set me up for?"

Do you think that would have gone over better or worse?

user
03-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Incompetence from the team lets Ron Paul down. Why am I not surprised?

Rangeley
03-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Incompetence from the team lets Ron Paul down. Why am I not surprised?
:rolleyes:

user
03-18-2009, 05:45 PM
:rolleyes:
;)

satchelmcqueen
03-18-2009, 08:54 PM
sorry guys, but this will be used to paint paul as a gay basher. just wait. he will be called homophobic. ild like to kick this guys ass that did this, and if i ever meet him, i just might really do it. paul is an honorable man who does not need some dip shit no talent actor to ruin his image.

the msm will be all over this. the only thing i wish that would have come from this is paul busting the guys teeth out. fuck this guy.

almantimes2
03-18-2009, 09:06 PM
sorry guys, but this will be used to paint paul as a gay basher. just wait. he will be called homophobic. ild like to kick this guys ass that did this, and if i ever meet him, i just might really do it. paul is an honorable man who does not need some dip shit no talent actor to ruin his image.

the msm will be all over this. the only thing i wish that would have come from this is paul busting the guys teeth out. fuck this guy.

The really sad thing is that I highly Doubt that ANY gay group will be the one attacking Paul. Its Just going to be the msm. Gay people already hate Cohen.

revolutionary8
03-19-2009, 12:15 AM

So "gay basher" will be painted as a lil' guy running from a 6 foot 4 piece of packed house in a silver thong, trying to hump the daylights out of him? Someone earlier said "baggage"
Bag away "dude"
Perfect. :rolleyes:
Bash away PC phobe.

"If ya don't want gay banana hammock advocates making mashed potatoes out of yer nuts, YER GAY!"
YEAH.
that'll ride.
CONTRARY to popular belief, the
majority of Americans would rather "pass" on watching "The Crying Game"
pssst.
I have seen ya before. Don't ACT submissive. You aren't.

Kludge
03-19-2009, 02:25 AM
Is homophobe even that bad a label when our targets are primarily neoconservatives?

Gay-rights activist would probably be a worse label for Dr. Paul, pragmatically.

literatim
03-19-2009, 03:41 AM
They aren't going to go after him because it would basically be pointless to do so. It won't negatively effect him in any way.

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 08:35 AM
That's what Pat Buchanan did, and he came out of it looking great. Do you have a YouTube of this?

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 08:42 AM
EFFIN morons who work for him.
if I was Ron Paul's cos id fire the ass of the person who allowed this to happen. this is unacceptableIt's my understanding that he's married into the family so that's unlikely. :(

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Seriously, whoever set this up needs to be more careful.I get the impression that Ron doesn't like to be handled. However if I were working for Ron and I was in the room as soon as I realized what was going on I would've yelled "interview's over" grabbed Ron by the arm and escorted him out of the room.

ladyjade3
03-20-2009, 08:55 AM
I get the impression that Ron doesn't like to be handled. However if I were working for Ron and I was in the room as soon as I realized what was going on I would've yelled "interview's over" grabbed Ron by the arm and escorted him out of the room.

Unless they hid him from you and had you wait in a green room.

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Should have tried chocolate chip cookies, Bruno. Better luck next time.HA HA HA HA! That's horrible... but still hilarious. :D

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Unless they hid him from you and had you wait in a green room.Yeah see... you should've never allowed yourself to be separated from Dr. Paul. Short of a classified intelligence briefing or a high level political meeting while in the filed Dr. Paul should be surrounded by his people to prevent just this sort of thing.

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 09:11 AM
if RP feels like he was harmed in any way, he can sue SBC, right?That would be very very very very bad PR. Although the potential damage done to Ron in terms of PR could be millions of dollars. Does Ron have a right to sue? Possibly. Would it make matters worse? Probably.

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 09:15 AM
He's just a little bit sneakier than that.

Let me remind you that you weren't there and you don't know all the facts.
Well let's hear the details!

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 09:18 AM
And what did we expect, someone to jump in front of the camera and drag RP outta there....I suppose I might've done that, who knows.Yes that would've been the best thing to have happened. Ron would've not had a chance to call the guy "*****" and there would've been no substance to it and most likely the cut would'nt have made the final edit because someone walking out of an interview isn't that interesting compared to the rest of the film.

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 09:19 AM

Was one signed prior to the interview?And therein lies the question. But in the court of public opinion the waiver matters not one iota sadly.

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Nobody else watches ***** TV then?Can't say that I do :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Incompetence from the team lets Ron Paul down. Why am I not surprised?Well they got duped, that could've happened to anyone. But I agree that it should've been handled differently once they realized what was up.

MRoCkEd
03-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Nobody is going to blame him for calling someone ***** who just dropped his pants in front of him.

cradle2graveconservative
03-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Edit

Matt Collins
03-20-2009, 09:29 AM
What would Barney Frank have done?Or what about Jim McGreevey? Or Larry Craig? :D

Sandra
03-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Or what about Jim McGreevey? Or what about Larry Craig? :D

Just exactly where are you going with this?

anaconda
03-21-2009, 03:47 AM
Or what about Jim McGreevey? Or Larry Craig? :D

What about Dianne Feinstein?

Matt Collins
03-21-2009, 10:17 AM
what about dianne feinstein?ugh....

axiomata
03-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Bruno got the kiss of death by the MPAA ... a NC-17 rating.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b106674_br252no_ambushed_by_nc-17_rating.html

BuddyRey
03-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Bruno got the kiss of death by the MPAA ... a NC-17 rating.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b106674_br252no_ambushed_by_nc-17_rating.html

I can't even believe I'm saying this, but...Thank you so much, MPAA!

MRoCkEd
03-30-2009, 03:11 PM
They'll tone it down to get an R.
Apparently a scene in which he appears to be having anal sex is where he crossed the line.
But we won't know until the summer whether or not Ron Paul's scene makes the final cut.

coyote_sprit
03-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I can't even believe I'm saying this, but...Thank you so much, MPAA!

Every member of the MPAA should choke to death on censorship. They better release an uncut version on DVD.

ladyjade3
03-30-2009, 03:19 PM
$42 million says they'll get it to an R

tonesforjonesbones
04-05-2009, 09:09 PM
this is disgusting. If I was dr paul I would sue...and then I'd find some new pr people. How HUMILIATING. I 'm so mad. Why the hell is it the PATRIOTS...the only PATRIOTS around they are targeting...Barr, Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan? It is nothing more than to HUMILIATE them and make them seem non credible...why not Obama? This will not end well. tones

Imperial
04-05-2009, 09:28 PM
If Ron Paul's scene was in a promo, it will make the cut.

tonesforjonesbones
04-05-2009, 09:33 PM
well i would file a lawsuit. tones

Conza88
04-05-2009, 09:44 PM
well i would file a lawsuit. tones

And you'd be an idiot to do so. If you want me to embarrass you with dissecting the rationale, so be it. Just ask.

Josh_LA
04-06-2009, 01:53 AM
And you'd be an idiot to do so. If you want me to embarrass you with dissecting the rationale, so be it. Just ask.

People like tones don't deserve rationale, let him have his stupid game.

Josh_LA
04-06-2009, 01:53 AM
this is disgusting. If I was dr paul I would sue...and then I'd find some new pr people. How HUMILIATING. I 'm so mad. Why the hell is it the PATRIOTS...the only PATRIOTS around they are targeting...Barr, Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan? It is nothing more than to HUMILIATE them and make them seem non credible...why not Obama? This will not end well. tones

well, I'm very thankful you're not as powerful as Dr. Paul and Dr. Paul isn't as stupid as you.

Josh_LA
04-06-2009, 01:55 AM
Nobody is going to blame him for calling someone ***** who just dropped his pants in front of him.

I agree, anything that does isn't a human being.

Bman
04-06-2009, 02:02 AM

You don't get mad you get even.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=187446

There are opportunities to be far more creative than the left.

Law = lots of money. Mayking an ass out of someone. Priceless.

Tones haven't you been reading your bible?

Ya know the section that states To turn the cheek when slapped, to carry the equipment an extra mile, to give all your clothes. Remember such words do not tell christians to be submissive but rather to turn the tables on those who wrong.

Turn the cheek = make person slap you with the front of their hand making them publicly announce you are of higher ranking.

The extra mile = the soldier getting in trouble for having you carry his stuff further than allowed by roman law.

Clothes = shame not on the nudist but on those who have looked at you while naked.

Mattsa
04-06-2009, 02:40 PM
I think we need to have a sense of humor about this, sounds like it's pretty funny.

No

There's something more sinister about this hit job by 'Bruno'

Sacha Baron Cohen has connections to Goldman sachs and JP Morgan

This was a deliberately contrived smear.

I found this article which is rather enlightening......

http://techdebug.com/blog/2008/04/19/wikipedia-article-creates-circular-references/

Hmmmm?

A little dodgy eh?