PDA

View Full Version : "Marshalls" for Protests? What do you think?

JVParkour
03-16-2009, 01:59 PM
I was reading a thread a moment ago where someone mentioned that in Minneapolis undercover police were thought to have started causing trouble...

I was just wondering if you all thought it would be plausible to have our own "police"...essentially a pre-appointed group of hardcore liberty folks that are placed strategically at a large event or gathering to prevent violence or rabblerousing. Like our own set of guards, that will swiftly deal with any violence or troublemaking, without involvement from the cops?

Just curious what would happen if an undercover cop started causing trouble and got immediately kicked out...lol

Just brainstorming...
JV

evilfunnystuff
03-16-2009, 02:01 PM
good idea

it would probly look like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow

Sandra
03-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Bad, bad idea. Protest simply because they're policeman? Wouldn't that wreck what they're trying to fix in Missouri? We need the cops to see our side.

ronpaulhawaii
03-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Perhaps I should change the title of this thread.

We had "marshalls" at the r3vmarch who provided that service. Members here: Oyate, AZLibertarian, and Catherine Bleish participated (and probably others I am forgetting). Oyate organized the training...

Good idea

Sandra
03-16-2009, 02:10 PM
OOOohhh I get it, now. I was switching the words in the title.

phill4paul
03-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Bad, bad idea. Protest simply because they're policeman? Wouldn't that wreck what they're trying to fix in Missouri? We need the cops to see our side.

I believe he was speaking about having a "Liberty police force" which would handle any violence from provocateurs or others at any kind of events. Not protesting against the police. I may be wrong.

JVParkour
03-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Yea, I meant a liberty police force type thing. And RPHawaii, feel free to change the title!

What would need to be done to set up a more extensive or comprehensive way of setting this up? I just want to make sure that this would be remembered at a big event, like if Oyate was not there to organize it, would it have happened?

Again, just brainstorming to hopefully solve future problems!

ronpaulhawaii
03-16-2009, 10:39 PM
It is great thinking, and Oyate and Catherine were talking about expanding the training, send Oyate a PM, with a link to this thread...

Maybe they could make YouTube training vids

JVParkour
03-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Ill shoot him a message tomorrow, Im goin' to sleep!