PDA

View Full Version : Press Release Regarding MIAC Report

Bryon Huber
03-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Press Release
For Immediate Release

Liberty Restoration Project delivers “Sunshine Law” request to Jefferson City regarding Police document.

Kansas City, MO. March 16th, 2009:

Today representatives of the Liberty Restoration Project (LRP) hand delivered a “Sunshine Law” request to 3 offices in Jefferson City. The Sunshine Law in Missouri is a version of the Federal Freedom of Information Act that allows groups to petition for information. This request was delivered to Missouri Governor Jay Nixon’s office, Missouri Highway Patrol office and State Emergency Management office. The LRP is operating as a mouthpiece to a national “Freedom Movement” that feels that a document released by the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC) on February 20th, 2009, has placed a peaceful movement into the same groupings as “Paramilitary”, white supremacists, hate groups and unconstitutional Militia. This document was released to the Missouri Highway Patrol offices and was released from the desk of Governor Nixon’s desk. This document was leaked to the public by someone who obtained it from their law enforcement agency.

The document in question is being criticized by the freedom movement because of such generalized information provided in the document. The document was written as a training tool for the police to be able to identify Militia members and protect officers as well and citizens. Instead the document managed to label anyone with a political view that differs from the two party designs. This document indicates current Texas Congressman Ron Paul as an icon for the Paramilitary movement, as well as displaying an inverted American flag, or having copies of documentaries that discuss issues that are relevant to the freedom movement. This document indicates that displaying a 3rd Party bumper sticker, or a “Gadsden Flag”, or even carrying a copy of the United States Constitution could be considered “political paraphernalia”. The freedom movement as a whole feels that this document will allow Missouri police to profile vehicles, individuals, organizations, or even political figures as “radical” or “extremists”, and will infringe upon a person’s 1st amendment right to express their views. The most immediate threat to this peaceful group will come at the end of March when Congressman Ron Paul will hold a regional conference in St. Louis, MO. This conference will bring in hundreds of supporters into Missouri, and now most are fearful of being singled out and profiled against, and potentially having their rights violated by the police, all because of a generalized and poorly informed document.

The Liberty Restoration Project is requesting on behalf of a national freedom movement for a retraction of this document, and a formal apology from the Governor, MIAC, and the Missouri Highway Patrol. The Liberty Restoration Project in Kansas City will extend a hand in drafting information that will not only clarify a position of a freedom movement, but also assist in better informing law enforcement officials in hopes to protect our peacekeeping officers and citizens.

For More information about the LRP, please visit: www.libertyrestorationproject.org
Please contact Bryon Huber at: 816-739-8064
Attached you will find the Sunshine Law request that was submitted.
Full MIAC report can be found at : http://www.scribd.com/doc/13232178/MIAC-Strategic-Report-The-Modern-Militia-Movement

####

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 09:15 AM
good press release

Bryon Huber
03-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Thank you...I have been practicing lol -)

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Thank you...I have been practicing lol -)

thanks Bryon. both you and Ms Bleish have been working harder than anyone else on getting this problem resolved. Speaking for myself I appreciate all what youre doing
thank you again

LittleLightShining
03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
thanks Bryon. both you and Ms Bleish have been working harder than anyone else on getting this problem resolved. Speaking for myself I appreciate all what youre doing
thank you again+ a million

speciallyblend
03-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Press Release
For Immediate Release

Liberty Restoration Project delivers “Sunshine Law” request to Jefferson City regarding Police document.

Today representatives of the Liberty Restoration Project (LRP) hand delivered a “Sunshine Law” request to 3 offices in Jefferson City. The Sunshine Law in Missouri is a version of the Federal Freedom of Information Act that allows groups to petition for information. This request was delivered to Missouri Governor Jay Nixon’s office, Missouri Highway Patrol office and State Emergency Management office. The LRP is operating as a mouthpiece to a national “Freedom Movement” that feels that a document released by the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC) on February 20th, 2009, has placed a peaceful movement into the same groupings as “Paramilitary”, white supremacists, hate groups and unconstitutional Militia. This document was released to the Missouri Highway Patrol offices and was released from the desk of Governor Nixon’s desk. This document was leaked to the public by someone who obtained it from their law enforcement agency.

The document in question is being criticized by the freedom movement because of such generalized information provided in the document. The document was written as a training tool for the police to be able to identify Militia members and protect officers as well and citizens. Instead the document managed to label anyone with a political view that differs from the two party designs. This document indicates current Texas Congressman Ron Paul as an icon for the Paramilitary movement, as well as displaying an inverted American flag, or having copies of documentaries that discuss issues that are relevant to the freedom movement. This document indicates that displaying a 3rd Party bumper sticker, or a “Gadsden Flag”, or even carrying a copy of the United States Constitution could be considered “political paraphernalia”. The freedom movement as a whole feels that this document will allow Missouri police to profile vehicles, individuals, organizations, or even political figures as “radical” or “extremists”, and will infringe upon a person’s 1st amendment right to express their views. The most immediate threat to this peaceful group will come at the end of March when Congressman Ron Paul will hold a regional conference in St. Louis, MO. This conference will bring in hundreds of supporters into Missouri, and now most are fearful of being singled out and profiled against, and potentially having their rights violated by the police, all because of a generalized and poorly informed document.

The Liberty Restoration Project is requesting on behalf of a national freedom movement for a retraction of this document, and a formal apology from the Governor, MIAC, and the Missouri Highway Patrol. The Liberty Restoration Project in Kansas City will extend a hand in drafting information that will not only clarify a position of a freedom movement, but also assist in better informing law enforcement officials in hopes to protect our peacekeeping officers and citizens.

For More information about the LRP, please visit: www.libertyrestorationproject.org
Full MIAC report can be found at : http://www.scribd.com/doc/13232178/MIAC-Strategic-Report-The-Modern-Militia-Movement

####

ello bryan, did you write this press release? if so would you like to help us with press release coming in the next 3 days? we could use your help , email me thru rpf and i will get you into contact with adam kokesh. I will be having adam writing a summary for our release and it would be great if you wanted to write ours:)

i tried getting in touch with ninjahomer thru here but nothing from him yet. we can write the press release but if your willing to help. Then i would be very pleased my wife has alot on her shoulders already for the next 48 hrs!

speciallyblend
03-16-2009, 09:46 AM
suggestion for this press release get $100-$300 and go to pr news service using that will make sure you get more attention and news shows.. you pick what you need for releases

it is great to have individuals to send them in,but my experience is the pr news service will get you more coverage since most news sites use their feeds!!

if you get just 2-4 news shows or even just 1 then the news release pays for itself!!!

speciallyblend
03-16-2009, 09:50 AM
i hope once you guys are finished doing the major work ,you can can focus on helping us spread and eventually develop the new site,once we launch the new site on march 19th. you the grassroots will be able to submit to our site.

LittleLightShining
03-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Bryon Huber will be on True North Radio (Vermont) today at 11:30 est. Live streaming here: http://www.eve1070.com/

ronpaulhawaii
03-17-2009, 07:49 AM
I figured this thread is as good as any for this news. I contacted Oathkeepers yesterday to see if they were aware of the MIAC thing; here is the email and response

Aloha,

First, I want to thank you for stepping up, (and creating this site. I have used it to calm some people's fears.)

If you hadn't heard of the growing "MIAC Report" controversy, please read the following:

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin498.htm

Catherine Bleish of http://www.libertyrestorationproject.org (http://www.libertyrestorationproject.org/) is heading up the grassroots response and it would be great if you could somehow help with a statement or something.

Thanks again,

Michael Maresco

Oathkeepers to me

show details 6:1M (3 hours ago)

Thank you Michael. We will indeed issue a statement. Labeling people "the enemy" or "terrorist" is usually the first step (as happened to the Branch Dividians) to be followed by persecution.

Expect something later this week - at the moment we are absolutely buried in emails and media requests. But it is important and we will address it.

For liberty,

XXX
Oath Keepers

Onward and forward

mczerone
03-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Press Release
For Immediate Release

Today representatives of the Liberty Restoration Project (LRP) hand delivered a “Sunshine Law” request to 3 offices in Jefferson City. The Sunshine Law in Missouri is a version of the Federal Freedom of Information Act that allows groups to petition for information. This request was delivered to Missouri Governor Jay Nixon’s office, Missouri Highway Patrol office and State Emergency Management office. The LRP is operating as a mouthpiece to a national “Freedom Movement” that feels that a document released by the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC) on February 20th, 2009, has placed a peaceful movement into the same groupings as “Paramilitary”, white supremacists, hate groups and unconstitutional Militia[grammar]. This document was released to the Missouri Highway Patrol offices and was released[structure] from the desk of Governor Nixon’s desk. This document was leaked to the public by someone who obtained it from their law enforcement agency.[So they were leaked or released? 'Their' is a plural pronoun]

The document in question is being criticized by the freedom movement because of such generalized information provided in the document. The document was written as a training tool for the police to be able to identify Militia members and protect officers as well and citizens. Instead the document managed to label anyone with a political view that differs from the two party designs. [poor sentence] This document indicates current Texas Congressman Ron Paul as an icon for the Paramilitary movement, as well as displaying an inverted American flag, or having copies of documentaries that discuss issues that are relevant to the freedom movement. This document indicates that displaying a 3rd Party bumper sticker, or a “Gadsden Flag”, or even carrying a copy of the United States Constitution could be considered “political paraphernalia”[GREAT JOB INCLUDING THIS]. The freedom movement as a whole feels [leave emotion to individuals] that this document will allow Missouri police to profile vehicles, individuals, organizations, or even political figures as “radical” or “extremists”, and will infringe upon a person’s 1st amendment right to express their views. The most immediate threat to this peaceful group will come at the end of March when Congressman Ron Paul will hold a regional conference in St. Louis, MO. This conference will bring in hundreds of supporters into Missouri, and now most are fearful of being singled out and profiled against, and potentially having their rights violated by the police, all because of a generalized and poorly informed document.

####

First, I love the effort. Thank you for spreading the word.

However, I am concerned about the presentation. Typos and grammar distract from the message, and form an idea in the reader's mind about the author and his cohorts.

Hopefully you can correct any new copies you send out.

Just trying to be helpful!