PDA

View Full Version : Is Mark Sanford Ron Paul's Luke Skywalker?

escapinggreatly
03-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Good comparison. An excerpt:

Before George Lucas took a Jabba-sized crap on the entire Star Wars series with the new trilogy, Obi-Wan Kenobi was pretty much known as that weird old dude who lived in the desert for twenty years "guarding" the guy who was supposed to save the galaxy (Luke Skywalker), even though he didn't ever think to try giving Luke the tiniest bit of training during any of those years and he was completely unable to stop Luke's house from being razed like an outdoor couch after a big University of Maryland basketball win. Then Obi fought Darth Vader and got Chris Brown-ed with a lightsaber.

Well, now multiple people are saying that Mark Sanford might be the libertarian movement's Luke Skywalker to Ron Paul's Obi-Wan. Think about it. The Republican Party, once a much happier Republic of small-government ideals, was taken over by the Empire of neoconservatism, forcing Paul and Sanford to live in isolation for decades. Paul has been keeping the flicker of the Old Republic(ans) alive. His 2008 Presidential campaign was his final battle against the Dark Side, which resulted in the death of his potential to lead the party. But in four years, the younger, more politically powerful Sanford might be ready. He could be the one to overthrow the Empire and bring the GOP back to its Republican ways of old. Seriously, it almost makes too much sense.

Link to full thing (http://digg.com/political_opinion/Is_Mark_Sanford_Ron_Paul_s_Luke_Skywalker)

FrankRep
03-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Gov. Mark Sanford on Stimulus, Economy
The New American interviews Mark Sanford

16 March 2009

Governor Mark Sanford (R) of South Carolina has been a vocal critic of President Barack Obama’s stimulus plan and in the process has become one of the most prominent fiscal conservatives in the country. Recently, he made national news when he announced his plan to accept the stimulus funds but sought a waiver from the President to use 25 percent of it to pay down state debt rather than spend it on suggested programs (the other 75 percent is determined by formulas). If Obama doesn’t grant the waiver, Sanford has said he will reject it.

Read the interview
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/election/882

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 11:51 PM
I thought Bilderberg IS part of the "dark side" of the FORCE. ;)

www.bilderberg.org (http://www.bilderberg.org)

escapinggreatly
03-15-2009, 11:56 PM

You're right, it would be much better for the GOP to nominate Sarah Palin. Then the country would be liberty-rific.

TheConstitutionLives
03-15-2009, 11:57 PM
I thought Bilderberg IS part of the "dark side" of the FORCE.

- Only to those with wild imaginations.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 12:05 AM

"...somebody has to take governments' place, and business seems to me to be a logical entity to do it." - David Rockefeller - Newsweek International, Feb 1 1999.

"Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of state and corporate power" - Benito Mussolini

"...the world is governed by very different personages to what is imagined by those who are not themselves behind the scenes." - Benjamin Disraeli - British PM - 'Coningsby' pub. 1844

"It is discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit"
Noel Coward

"The Treaty of Rome, which brought the Common Market into being, was nurtured at Bilderberg meetings." George McGhee, former US Ambassador to West Germany

"I don't think it's true to say that we want to keep it [Bilderberg] out [of the public consciousness], we never wanted to get it in. We don't encourage people to mention it in the mainstream press because we don't encourage idle speculation about what we do. ...... We forbid individual attendees from giving press meetings at our conferences, and we do that not because we're secrecy mad, but because we want to control the politicians who come." Martin Taylor - Secretary General, Bilderberg - interviewed by Jon Ronson for the UK Channel 4 TV programme 'Secret Rulers of the World' (http://www.bilderberg.org/bilder.htm) transmitted 27Jun01

"There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge'. H. M. Queen Elizabeth II (in conversation with royal butler Paul Burrell) Daily Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/burrell/)

Definition of a Power Elite: 'A group of men, similar in interest and outlook, shaping events from invulnerable positions behind the scenes.' C. Wright Mills 'The Power Elite' (http://www.bilderberg.org/bilder.htm)

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison, which alienates their possessor from the community" Carl Jung: 'Modern Man in Search of a Soul'

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist." President Eisenhower - farewell address to the nation - Jan 16th 1961

"What luck for rulers that men do not think" - Adolf Hitler

"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than a small one" Adolf Hitler: 'Mein Kampf'

"Their motivation is, that the elite shall be able to act in secrecy. It is not because they are evil, but because they believe in what they are doing. International capital wants to remove all obstacles to globalisation - and all obstacles to the right of capital to act freely without constrictions such as regard for the environment, social responsibility or human rights. Demands from local democracies are such obstacles." Birger Schlaug, Swedish Green party

"Globalisation is the new Totalitarianism" - Vandana Shiva,
NEF Peoples' Summit, Birmingham 1998

www.bilderberg.org

TheConstitutionLives
03-16-2009, 12:10 AM
All those quotes aren't about the 3 day Bilderberg conference. How bout' I post crazy quotes said by people who attend a Ron Paul rally? Does that make all Ron Paul rallies sinister? Nope Does that make everyone who attends the rally a person with sinister ambitions? Nope

jack555
03-16-2009, 12:23 AM

Have u seen his bilderberg video? He talks about it sincerely like I have never seen a politician do. Im starting to trust the man.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 12:25 AM
All those quotes aren't about the 3 day Bilderberg conference. How bout' I post crazy quotes said by people who attend a Ron Paul rally? Does that make all Ron Paul rallies sinister? Nope Does that make everyone who attends the rally a person with sinister ambitions? Nope

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group)

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Have u seen his bilderberg video? He talks about it sincerely like I have never seen a politician do. Im starting to trust the man. No I haven't. My PC has no sound capability. So I just skip videos.

Would you care to briefly summarize it?

Thanks! :)

FrankRep
03-16-2009, 12:47 AM
Less Bilderberg, more Sanford.

:rolleyes:

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 12:54 AM
Less Bilderberg, more Sanford.

:rolleyes: http://www.nolanchart.com/article3995.html (http://www.nolanchart.com/article3995.html)

More Star Wars, less Sanford. :D

Xenophage
03-16-2009, 04:06 AM
Bliderberg... a bunch of rich people, some of them politically powerful and some not, that think they're really smart and sit around proposing solutions to world problems. Lots of arguing. Lots of networking.

If Bliderberg didn't exist, would political policy be any different in this country, or would those same people push the same agendas anyway?

The Democratic National Convention scares me more.

TheConstitutionLives
03-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Bliderberg... a bunch of rich people, some of them politically powerful and some not, that think they're really smart and sit around proposing solutions to world problems. Lots of arguing. Lots of networking.

If Bliderberg didn't exist, would political policy be any different in this country, or would those same people push the same agendas anyway?

Now that's a reasonable and believable explanation. I wish more people would follow your example. People should take the middle road. It's not as extreme as people like Jones says and it's not completely innocent either. Keep your wits about you. Don't overly assume and don't be so paranoid. The truth is usually in the middle somewhere.

Young Paleocon
03-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Now that's a reasonable and believable explanation. I wish more people would follow your example. People should take the middle road. It's not as extreme as people like Jones says and it's not completely innocent either. Keep your wits about you. Don't overly assume and don't be so paranoid. The truth is usually in the middle somewhere.

To find out where the middle is first you need to find out where the true ends are.

Elwar
03-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Yay, another Bob Barr to fill Ron Paul's shoes...talk like a libertarian, walk like a neo-con.

Ron Paul supports freedom in our economic and personal lives.

There's a reason Ron Paul had Gary Johnson at his rally.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 07:22 AM

So if you are being the lunch plan for both a tiger and a lion, which one scares you more? :D

MrRichardson
03-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I think a much better analogy would be that Mark Sanford might be to Ron Paul what Ronald Regan was to Barry Goldwater. You see Barry Goldwater was a principled libertarian leaning Republican that revitalized the Conservative movement in America and ran for president against LBJ. Goldwater ended up losing that presidential election by a huge margin. From his conservative movement though years later Ronald Regan would eventually get elected to presidency campaigning on a lot of the same platforms that Barry Goldwater had when he ran for president in 1964.

Although Ronald Regan ran on a lot of the same platforms that Barry Goldwater had, Ron Regan wasn't as principled or as good as Barry Goldwater. He was a much more watered down version of Barry Goldwater. In this regards Mark Sanford is the same way. He may be better than a lot of the clowns we've had recently, but that doesn't mean he's as good as Ron Paul or would be as good for this country as Ron Paul would be.

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Yay, another Bob Barr to fill Ron Paul's shoes...talk like a libertarian, walk like a neo-con.

Ron Paul supports freedom in our economic and personal lives.

There's a reason Ron Paul had Gary Johnson at his rally.

+1
thats exactly what I called him on another thread
Barr 2.0
i think Johnson is genuine. he has a record to back what he says. not some political games with a bailout.
also johnson is the only Republican governor not to endorse W

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I think a much better analogy would be that Mark Sanford might be to Ron Paul what Ronald Regan was to Barry Goldwater. You see Barry Goldwater was a principled libertarian leaning Republican that revitalized the Conservative movement in America and ran for president against LBJ. Goldwater ended up losing that presidential election by a huge margin. From his conservative movement though years later Ronald Regan would eventually get elected to presidency campaigning on a lot of the same platforms that Barry Goldwater had when he ran for president in 1964.

Although Ronald Regan ran on a lot of the same platforms that Barry Goldwater had, Ron Regan wasn't as principled or as good as Barry Goldwater. He was a much more watered down version of Barry Goldwater. In this regards Mark Sanford is the same way. He may be better than a lot of the clowns we've had recently, but that doesn't mean he's as good as Ron Paul or would be as good for this country as Ron Paul would be.

if Reagan came back to life & you knew he was going to do the opposite of what he says whichn infact he did. would you still vote for him?

trey4sports
03-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Have u seen his bilderberg video? He talks about it sincerely like I have never seen a politician do. Im starting to trust the man.

bullshit, you could tell he was trying to cover something up. looked confused and looked like he was trying to cover something up.

dont go looking for the savior, if Sanford is the conservative savior he will come to you

MrRichardson
03-16-2009, 03:52 PM
if Reagan came back to life & you knew he was going to do the opposite of what he says whichn infact he did. would you still vote for him?
I wasn't even alive yet when Regan was president. When he ran in 1980 though I was alive at the time and could've voted I probably would've voted for Edward Clark and in the 1984 election I probably would've voted for David Bergland.

Theocrat
03-16-2009, 03:52 PM
If Mark Sanford is Congressman Paul's "Luke Skywalker," then what does that make Dr. Chuck Baldwin?

max
03-16-2009, 06:07 PM

Bildeberg meetings are invitation only. Anyone who sets foot in that den of inequity is either a globalist plotter traitor OR a useful idiot who has bought into crap....

either way, anyone who attends reveals himself as unsuiatble....

you can be sure RP would NEVER be invited

TheConstitutionLives
03-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Bildeberg meetings are invitation only. Anyone who sets foot in that den of inequity is either a globalist plotter traitor OR a useful idiot who has bought into crap....

either way, anyone who attends reveals himself as unsuiatble....

you can be sure RP would NEVER be invited

- Unsuitable for what? Sanford went once. It's not as big a deal as some of you make it.

TheConstitutionLives
03-16-2009, 06:12 PM
bullshit, you could tell he was trying to cover something up. looked confused and looked like he was trying to cover something up.

- I think Sanford was sincere. Even if he is covering something up, his record speaks for itself. I'd vote for him based on what I know at this point.

max
03-16-2009, 06:17 PM
- Unsuitable for what? Sanford went once. It's not as big a deal as some of you make it.

It's not so much that he "went"...but that he was INVITED.
Pro liberty, pro constitution, pro sovereignty types DO NOT get invited...

But they do work with phonies who "talk the talk" and can mislead the true patriots........Sanford and Jindal fit into this category...

You will know a TRUE patriot conservative/libertarian by the amount of vicious media coverage that he is subjected to....or..the media blackout that he is subjected to...

another sure indicator of a FRAUD is when Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity start puffing you up!

Trust me...Sanford and Jindal are frauds

TheConstitutionLives
03-16-2009, 06:47 PM
It's not so much that he "went"...but that he was INVITED.
Pro liberty, pro constitution, pro sovereignty types DO NOT get invited...

But they do work with phonies who "talk the talk" and can mislead the true patriots........Sanford and Jindal fit into this category...

You will know a TRUE patriot conservative/libertarian by the amount of vicious media coverage that he is subjected to....or..the media blackout that he is subjected to...

another sure indicator of a FRAUD is when Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity start puffing you up!

Trust me...Sanford and Jindal are frauds

- He was "invited". Big deal. It doesn't define his career. I think you're assuming too much. This 100+ group of people don't all agree on everything, ya know. I already said this once: It's not a Godfather movie.

max
03-16-2009, 06:51 PM
- He was "invited". Big deal. It doesn't define his career. I think you're assuming too much. This 100+ group of people don't all agree on everything, ya know. I already said this once: It's not a Godfather movie.

ok...believe what you will...

but if and when Sanford ever becomes president....and nothing really changes....dont say i didnt warn you

dr. hfn
03-16-2009, 07:36 PM
How is Sanford on social issues?...I like Gary Johnson though...

TheConstitutionLives
03-16-2009, 07:45 PM
ok...believe what you will...

but if and when Sanford ever becomes president....and nothing really changes....dont say i didnt warn you

- Ok, I'll say YOU warned me and that you had cracked the entire NWO agenda code from the beginning. I'll tell all those other different NWO interperatists that their version of beliefs was flawed in some way but you had it all figured out and we should've listened to you.