PDA

View Full Version : Signs and rallies are good and all... But what about guerilla marketing?

Starks
09-16-2007, 03:26 PM
What are some of the more creative things people have done?

I've seen the rooftop ad, but that's about it.

MsDoodahs
09-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Not done any...yet.

:D

saku39
09-16-2007, 03:30 PM
I've been writing Ron Paul for President 2008 on my dollar bills.

saku39
09-16-2007, 03:31 PM
There's also somebody going around near my job putting Ron Paul flyers at bus stops.

LibertyEagle
09-16-2007, 05:23 PM
How about getting out there and HANDING OUT LITERATURE?

- Gun Shows
- Concerts
- Football games
- On college campuses
- Malls
- Going door-to-door

At some point, we've got to get more than just a NAME in front of them. Do you really think they're going to vote for Ron Paul just because they saw a sign?

ItsTime
09-16-2007, 05:26 PM
My brother and I are hitting Dartmouth College and their little town of Hanover this week with fliers. We are going to see if we can network with some students there to get things really going.

wgadget
09-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Today---

I had printed up 200 Ron Paul Statements of Faith--200! I attached some kind of RP literature to each one: liberty card, slimjim, tri-fold. Bad news: Now I'm all out!

I took them to my church and had someone put one on each and every vehicle under the windshield wiper blade. There were leftovers, which I just got done passing out at a local Baptist Church that has an evening service. Unfortunately, there were not enough flyers for all the cars there...

I put a handwritten note on each one telling them about Monday night's Values Voter Debate. Hopefully, they'll all tune in and watch Our Hero win another one.

Ozwest
09-16-2007, 05:31 PM
What about advertising in student newspapers? It would be cost effective and target a receptive audience.

LibertyEagle
09-16-2007, 05:33 PM
What about advertising in student newspapers? It would be cost effective and target a receptive audience.

Yes. Great idea. :)

LibertyEagle
09-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Today---

I had printed up 200 Ron Paul Statements of Faith--200! I attached some kind of RP literature to each one: liberty card, slimjim, tri-fold. Bad news: Now I'm all out!

I took them to my church and had someone put one on each and every vehicle under the windshield wiper blade. There were leftovers, which I just got done passing out at a local Baptist Church that has an evening service. Unfortunately, there were not enough flyers for all the cars there...

I put a handwritten note on each one telling them about Monday night's Values Voter Debate. Hopefully, they'll all tune in and watch Our Hero win another one.

Wow! What a great job! As usual, I might add. :D

Ozwest
09-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Perhaps for starters, Universities and Colleges in New Hampshire and Iowa could be contacted and distribution/costs could evaluated. If it looked viable, a donation thread could be started. An introduction to Ron Paul in student papers would enhance follow up marketing and the formation of campus support groups.

LibertyEagle
09-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Perhaps for starters, Universities and Colleges in New Hampshire and Iowa could be contacted and distribution/costs could evaluated. If it looked viable, a donation thread could be started. An introduction to Ron Paul in student papers would enhance follow up marketing and the formation of campus support groups.

If the prices are decent, we should probably do the same thing in S. Carolina and Florida, at the very least. :)

StumbleBum7
09-16-2007, 05:58 PM
if i can get someone to go door to door with me i would, but never alone...

but anyways me... bunch of bumper stickers and im gonna make some signs. bumper stickers i go out at late at night and put them on the lightpost and intersections and on streetsigns and junk like that, hopefully at next meetup i can get 100+ bumper stickers and put em around places. Also maybe place flyers/slimjims in papers that are sittin for people to buy so when they get it, the ron paul info pops out

ItsTime
09-16-2007, 06:00 PM
contacting a Dartmouth right now. Ill start a thread when they reply :)

I heard someone from the RP camp talking to someone from UNH about starting more things there.

Ozwest
09-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Yeah. I have no idea of advertising costs for student papers but, I'd imagine it would be less than local papers and considerably less than state-wide papers. Why not continue planting seeds in fertile ground?