PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck a friend of Liberty?

sirachman
03-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Not if you ever think that you might have to fight to protect them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQN5SZcOnw&feature=related

Glenn Beck is no more honest than any other member of the MSM. Watch and listen to him carefully and don't take anything he says for truth without first checking other sources, not that you do that already.

OptionsTrader
03-15-2009, 06:49 PM
During the primaries:

Beck would get on the radio constantly on Pat gray's Houston radio show and make fun of Ron Paul as a kook crazy man and he consistently maligned his supporters, laughing at them, calling them terrorists and crazed.

He MOCKED Paul when it mattered.

MRoCkEd
03-15-2009, 06:50 PM
yeah he's a friend of economic liberty but other than that he's a real bitch

OptionsTrader
03-15-2009, 06:51 PM
You CANNOT be pro preemptive aggressive war and claim to be a libertarian.

sparebulb
03-15-2009, 06:59 PM
OptionsTrader,

Is my memory correct that it was you that posted an audio clip from a radio show where Bleckt stabbed RP in the back the day after he was praising him on his show? I've tried to find the clip to show the Bleckt lovers who they are dealing with, but I"ve had no luck.

Zuras
03-15-2009, 06:59 PM
You CANNOT be pro preemptive aggressive war and claim to be a libertarian.

I disagree with this premise. Does one have to wait to be invaded to wage war in your "libertarian" looney bin? Not in mine. If someone points a gun at me, must I wait for him to blow a couple holes in me to retrieve my own gun? No. You can feel free to wait, though.

I know it's so "cool" and "in" to be anti-war. Guys like you are a dime a dozen, especially here, where rhetoric is deep and logic is thin. If you want to argue about specifc wars, do so, but don't pretend it is some sort of Libertarian line of thinking that we all be pacifists.

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-15-2009, 07:02 PM
I disagree with this premise. Does one have to wait to be invaded to wage war in your "libertarian" looney bin? Not in mine. If someone points a gun at me, must I wait for him to blow a couple holes in me to retrieve my own gun? No. You can feel free to wait, though.

I know it's so "cool" and "in" to be anti-war. Guys like you are a dime a dozen, especially here, where rhetoric is deep and logic is thin. If you want to argue about specifc wars, do so, but don't pretend it is some sort of Libertarian line of thinking that we all be pacifists.

Bush/Obama "Preemptive war" means, go to war before someone even thinks about getting some sort of weapon to wave in your general direction.

Don't be a dumbass.

Zuras
03-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Bush/Obama "Preemptive war" means, go to war before someone even thinks about getting some sort of weapon to wave in your general direction.

Don't be a dumbass.

No it doesn't. it can mean that.

Follow your own advice.

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-15-2009, 07:11 PM
We have yet to see a Bush/Obama preemptive war as a response to any (credible) threat.

Zuras
03-15-2009, 07:18 PM
We have yet to see a Bush/Obama preemptive war as a response to any (real) threat.

Well, I agree. Real threat to us americans, added as a caveat. But that wasn't my point. Speak in generalities, or in specifics, but don't pretend they are interchangeable, least everything you say is hollow rhetoric.

Sandra
03-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, I agree. Real threat to us americans, added as a caveat. But that wasn't my point. Speak in generalities, or in specifics, but don't pretend they are interchangeable, least everything you say is hollow rhetoric.

Like your generalities in post #6? That was an awesome comeback :rolleyes:.

Liberty Star
03-15-2009, 07:24 PM
During the primaries:

Beck would get on the radio constantly on Pat gray's Houston radio show and make fun of Ron Paul as a kook crazy man and he consistently maligned his supporters, laughing at them, calling them terrorists and crazed.

He MOCKED Paul when it mattered.

He is one of the more whimsical and less stable media sluts/pawns. Deep down probably he knows that he has little political insight and mostly just says what the script/ratings dictate. The guys screams can be mildly entertaining occasionally but Glenn Beck is an idiot politically speaking.

Zuras
03-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Like your generalities in post #6? That was an awesome comeback :rolleyes:.

Did you have a point, or is this a little quote-feature practice for you?

axiomata
03-15-2009, 07:32 PM

There is a difference between an aggressive preventive war such as Iraq and a defensive preemptive war which thus far is useful only to talk about in theory. The latter should be theoretically permissible and we should make it clear that Iraq was not.

http://justwarriors.blogspot.com/2007/09/pre-emptive-vs-preventive-war-vital.html

sevin
03-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Glenn Beck...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/alice_cooper_lol.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2395)

paulitics
03-15-2009, 08:15 PM

A nation should wait to be attacked by a nation before waging war against that nation. It is really is that simple. It is not loony, nor pacifist, nor illogical. It is the only way a nation can remain strong and in one piece in the long run.

If a country points a gun at us, (this is called a nuke), we point it back at them. Russia has nukes pointed at us, we have nukes pointed at them as well as any other country. So we have our guns retreived already pointed at any nation in the world. Nobody is advocating that we naively put our guns back in our holster and wait to be attacked. Only neocons define not attacking first as pacifism.

The neocons want to you to believe there is xyz country that is an imminent threat (never is) and we must bomb, invade, or financially destroy them before they attack us. They have many talking heads that use all kinds of tricks to make you think that if we don't pre-empively attack then we will all die, and if you think otherwise you are a liberal, hippie, pacifist, etc. This is propaganda. This is called lying. It sounds like perhaps you are subscribing to this neocon philosophy here by your analogy that sounds like something Sean Hannity would say.

Perhaps this is the danger in listening to Beck and Fox news with their false patriotism. They attach a very pro libertarian message (which I agree sounds great) to an otherwise statist and imperialistic idealogy in both foreign policy and civil liberties. And I would argue, you can't be economically libertarian if you fail to see the basic logic behind a smaller government in these two areas.

sailor
03-16-2009, 04:11 AM

Don`t be a dumbass. He specificaly said aggressive war.

silentboom
03-16-2009, 07:03 AM
A nation should wait to be attacked by a nation before waging war against that nation. It is really is that simple. It is not loony, nor pacifist, nor illogical. It is the only way a nation can remain strong and in one piece in the long run.

If a country points a gun at us, (this is called a nuke), we point it back at them. Russia has nukes pointed at us, we have nukes pointed at them as well as any other country. So we have our guns retreived already pointed at any nation in the world. Nobody is advocating that we naively put our guns back in our holster and wait to be attacked. Only neocons define not attacking first as pacifism.

The neocons want to you to believe there is xyz country that is an imminent threat (never is) and we must bomb, invade, or financially destroy them before they attack us. They have many talking heads that use all kinds of tricks to make you think that if we don't pre-empively attack then we will all die, and if you think otherwise you are a liberal, hippie, pacifist, etc. This is propaganda. This is called lying. It sounds like perhaps you are subscribing to this neocon philosophy here by your analogy that sounds like something Sean Hannity would say.

Perhaps this is the danger in listening to Beck and Fox news with their false patriotism. They attach a very pro libertarian message (which I agree sounds great) to an otherwise statist and imperialistic idealogy in both foreign policy and civil liberties. And I would argue, you can't be economically libertarian if you fail to see the basic logic behind a smaller government in these two areas.

I agree with this, if we allow "preventative war" then we can allow any war, as a cause can always be manufactured. When politicians spin foreign intervention as defense, we will end up in the Neocon ideology time and time again. It's very dangerous, it's even more dangerous under our current monetary system which encourages spending and debt to always avoid a recession or depression at the expense of the unknowing victims of inflation. It's military keynesianism and it's very, very dangerous. Look at the facts, we attacked a country that had no navy, air force, or missiles that work properly.

GBurr
03-16-2009, 07:08 AM

You have to atleast let him draw first, before you blow them away. Iraq never threatened us. They had no way of attacking us. It is onne thing to blow ships out of the water as they try to sail into your harbor, it is totally different when you send your armed forces to the other side of the world to attack someone with no navy or airforce. How exactly was Iraq going to attack us.

The good guy can't draw first.

DAFTEK
03-16-2009, 07:27 AM
you have to atleast let him draw first, before you blow them away. Iraq never threatened us. They had no way of attacking us. It is onne thing to blow ships out of the water as they try to sail into your harbor, it is totally different when you send your armed forces to the other side of the world to attack someone with no navy or airforce. How exactly was iraq going to attack us.

The good guy can't draw first.
++++1776++++

A. Havnes
03-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Back on topic, I'd say that Beck is doing a lot as being the alarm clock that wakes the snoozers in my area up. Once they're half awake, it's my job to start nudging them toward the true Libertarian line of thinking.

Beck isn't perfect. He can be shallow, rude, and he didn't do us or Ron Paul any favors back in the primaries. However, he seems to be coming around, and his watchers around with him. We just have to continue our grassroots efforts so that Beck's ideology, which isn't totally in line with the Libertarian mind frame, isn't muddled with Ron Paul's.

jd603
03-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Glenn Beck has been given the OK to discuss a lot of pro-liberty topics by FoxNews, however he's also required to hype war with Iran and lick the boots of the likes of Karl Rove and others, by contract. However, his FoxNews contract seems to be a lot more loose than his CNN one. So he says a lot of good things now, however, he's got some real bad spins/talking points that are probably propaganda.

mediahasyou
03-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Tell me who in the msm has put Ron Paul on tv as much as Glenn Beck has.

OptionsTrader
03-16-2009, 06:53 PM
OptionsTrader,

Is my memory correct that it was you that posted an audio clip from a radio show where Bleckt stabbed RP in the back the day after he was praising him on his show? I've tried to find the clip to show the Bleckt lovers who they are dealing with, but I"ve had no luck.

Yes I did, it was on Pat Gray's website. A few days later it was removed.

constituent
03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
However, his FoxNews contract seems to be a lot more loose than his CNN one.

source?

Gaius1981
03-17-2009, 08:43 AM

Well said -- I'm a radical for self-defense, and more on par with Barry Goldwater's foreign policy, than I am with Ron Paul's.

constituent
03-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Well said -- I'm a radical for self-defense, and more on par with Barry Goldwater's foreign policy, than I am with Ron Paul's.

yea!!!!! tactical nukes, tactical nukes!!!!

Auntie Republicrat
03-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Glenn Beck appears yet another stinking republicrat distraction.

There appears to be two kinds of Republican radio 'personality'..one who says, essentially, "Republican good, Democrat bad"..the other says, essentially, Democrat bad, Republican not as bad"..

(and, for one of many examples, none of the miserable Republicrat fools appear to understand the origin, nature, etc. of even one 'dollar'...despite their frequent yacking about the illion-dollar 'economy'..

It appears that loud know-littles like Beck, Limbag, the Shill O'lielly, etc. loudsters galore--in fact, MOST all of our miserable, sickening political class--have been foisted upon us by $ome $tringpullers who profit from the existing, stinking $tatus quo..unaware dullards are encouraged and are in abundance..aware people are a threat to the exi$ting stinking order and will be treated as disease..

..Have a good day!..

Auntie Republicrat
03-17-2009, 10:28 AM
"I'm a radical for self-defense, and more on par with Barry Goldwater's foreign policy"

..It appears that Barry Goldwater was a stinking Republicrat "Hawk"..

...yet another Republicrat who spouted--like a liar/fool-- that he favored some 'libertarian limited government' in one breath..while his ACTIONS were decidely 'Republicrattish'..favoring US world-policemanship, busybodyism, etc..

pinkmandy
03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Glenn Beck is creating fear among the Repub base. He is herding them like sheep, soon they'll be watching Fox so they know what to do next. RP'ers need to keep an eye on these meetups in their areas and be ready to speak up using reason when nobody else will.