PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should nail the Constitution to the door of the RNC

theseus51
09-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Ron Paul should nail the Constitution to the door of the RNC.

Similar to Martin Luther and his grievances against the corrupt Catholic Church. =)

wgadget
09-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Good one...I like it.

Geronimo
09-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Ron Should mention the globalist agenda for the CFR, and then mention the names of each candidate who is a CFR member.

smtwngrl
09-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Imagine the news coverage on that one. :p

Starks
09-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Why don't we do it and cover the whole building?

theseus51
09-16-2007, 03:24 PM
He could list his complaints about the party, and have like an open letter to everyone. I guess it might look like a stupid PR move, but I think it will be a really good idea.

stevedasbach
09-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Or how about the doors of Congress instead?

MsDoodahs
09-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Congress, even better.

:D

theseus51
09-16-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm not even kidding. It would get a lot of press coverage, and as long as the grievances he lists are valid (and short enough to be printable), I'm sure most media would list whatever he nailed to the door.

Korey Kaczynski
09-16-2007, 03:30 PM
ron paul needs to appeal to the party people who'd rather leave iraq than let hillary win.

lapi7
09-16-2007, 03:31 PM

Similar to Martin Luther and his grievances against the corrupt Catholic Church. =)

Great Idea...It should be done on national television for all the world to see...

ChooseLiberty
09-16-2007, 03:33 PM
That would be the ultimate photo op.

Nail it on the doors of Congress and/or the doors of the Whitehouse.

winston_blade
09-16-2007, 03:39 PM
This needs to happen. It would be fantastic and get great coverage. People would love it because nearly everyone dislikes the president and the congress. It is win/win.

ItsTime
09-16-2007, 04:48 PM
they would arrest him for destruction of public property. ;)

stevedasbach
09-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Does anyone here have the skills to do this as a Flash political cartoon, similar to what Mark Fiori does?

http://www.markfiore.com/

Hurricane Bruiser
09-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Well since he is a Congressman and has access to Congress, Ron Paul COULD nail or somehow fasten the Constitution to the door along with a list of grievances. As a congressman, Ron Paul would be exempt from arrest for the destruction of property since he would be at work.

I like the idea but I'm not sure he would do it.

We could come up with a list of grievances and tape them to doors (glass doors) of courthouses and other public buildings where true destruction of property would not take place. The list could be posted other places as well of course. We just need to come up with a good solid list.

ButchHowdy
09-16-2007, 05:05 PM
He needs 95 grievances to make it official!

wgadget
09-16-2007, 05:53 PM
I wonder how many people's heads this would fly right over, what wit da grate educashun theese days.

ksuguy
09-16-2007, 06:04 PM
What if they have a glass or metal door? Ron would have to make do with taping it then I guess. :)

Perry
09-16-2007, 06:22 PM
That is the most brilliant idea i have heard all year rotflol.

abstrusezincate
09-16-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't know how good of an idea this is, politically, but I have to admit that I personally love the irony.

crhoades
09-16-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm a protestant of protestants...Calvinist/Presbyterian/Reformed no less...Very sympathetic to the Reformation but something tells me this might not sit well with our fellow Roman Catholic Ron Paul supporters.

Trying to keep a big tent. I'll keep my theological arguments for talks over a beer. My .02.

khorbis
09-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Nice thread, but how exactly will this idea translate on the ground? Who is willing to organize residents of Washington, D.C. (refering to the Congress idea here) to inact this agenda?

If ideas like this are to be taken seriously, then the intiator of said event has to take the responsibility of organization unto themselves:

Contact the Ron Paul Administration.
Organize the local Meet-up Groups.
Create professional-quality videos for Youtube
Gain coverage from major media outlets
Organize a mass blogging event
Generate funds

From my location, all I can do is contribute funding. I will give what I can. I'm having enough difficulties with my own projects at the moment, but ideas like this are valuable. The problem is motivation and resources - an all to often occurance for ideas like these.

This will take a lot of work. Contact Ron Paul headquarters FIRST to judge the feasiblity of this project. Since this idea is for THEM, I think they should know about it before we just go doing things willy-nilly.

Good luck.

jonahtrainer
09-16-2007, 07:24 PM
He needs 95 grievances to make it official!

Why doesn't he just use the list in Declaration of Independence? Here are a few:

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance. (TSA and DHS at the airports)

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures. (increase of the DEA, TSA, DHS and military branches)

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power. (repeal of the Posse Comitatus, MCA of 2006 and many Executive Orders)

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation: (how obvious is this? UN, NAFTA, NAU, WTO, IMF, etc.)

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States: (Tillman and the 3 in the recent NY Times article)

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world: (various trade agreements)

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent: (INFLATION!!)

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury: (Patriot Act)

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences: (well, people are just held indefinitely and never really tried so I don't know if this one counts. At least King George had the decency to have a kangaroo court)

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies (NAU through Executive Orders)

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments: (Habeas Corpus in MCA 2006 Sec 7(e)(1), Patriot Act, etc.)

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever. (Executive Orders and Signing Statements)

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us. (Plan for Continuity of Government not revealed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJjAFut-8QE))

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people. (DEA and IRS raids)

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation. (Blackwater (http://www.blackwaterusa.com/))

He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands. (Pat Tillman and the 3 NY Times soldiers)

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions. (NAU police protestors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWMLDpE02-Y))

Anyway, just a few of them.

theseus51
09-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Nice thread, but how exactly will this idea translate on the ground? Who is willing to organize residents of Washington, D.C. (refering to the Congress idea here) to inact this agenda?

If ideas like this are to be taken seriously, then the intiator of said event has to take the responsibility of organization unto themselves:

Contact the Ron Paul Administration.
Organize the local Meet-up Groups.
Create professional-quality videos for Youtube
Gain coverage from major media outlets
Organize a mass blogging event
Generate funds

From my location, all I can do is contribute funding. I will give what I can. I'm having enough difficulties with my own projects at the moment, but ideas like this are valuable. The problem is motivation and resources - an all to often occurance for ideas like these.

This will take a lot of work. Contact Ron Paul headquarters FIRST to judge the feasiblity of this project. Since this idea is for THEM, I think they should know about it before we just go doing things willy-nilly.

Good luck.

That's true. I did email the official Ron Paul campaign with the idea as I was posting it here. I'm not sure about funds, though if Ron Paul actually does it, I will pay for a replacement of whatever door he nails it to.

Not sure if it would be good to have a meetup thing. But I can imagine that if all the state capitol's were had a list of grievances nailed to their doors, along with all the important buildings in Washington, it would just be seen as vandalism. But if Ron Paul did it himself, it would be newsworthy. =)

BarryDonegan
09-16-2007, 11:01 PM
anybody wanna do it on their own?

ron paul doesn't have to be the one.

the message is clearer even if someone else does it. we want our document back...

The Good Doctor
09-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Nice idea. :)

american.swan
09-16-2007, 11:29 PM

I have read part of this thread and I have to say, "I agree". I think marching on the capital and doing this would be rather pointless. They already know him and such.

I think putting this on the RNC door would be a good idea. We are trying to attract the RNC members. They are important right now.

Primbs
09-16-2007, 11:43 PM
I am in the DC area. I made sure http://www.constitution.us goes to Ronpaul2008.com website in honor of constitution day.

SwordOfShannarah
09-16-2007, 11:55 PM
I don't think this requires much- just tell HQ and if they like it they'll do it. I like the idea. I'm not sure they media would cover it. It would pass over the heads of about 80% of our population.. but for those that think it would be a great attention getter and a great opportunity to get a lot of points across.

mport1
09-17-2007, 12:04 AM

That is an astounding idea.

Thomas_Paine
09-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Well since he is a Congressman and has access to Congress, Ron Paul COULD nail or somehow fasten the Constitution to the door along with a list of grievances. As a congressman, Ron Paul would be exempt from arrest for the destruction of property since he would be at work.

I like the idea but I'm not sure he would do it.

We could come up with a list of grievances and tape them to doors (glass doors) of courthouses and other public buildings where true destruction of property would not take place. The list could be posted other places as well of course. We just need to come up with a good solid list.

Intriguing Idea...tell me more!

reduen
09-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Man I love this Idea!!!!!

theseus51
09-17-2007, 02:45 PM
anybody wanna do it on their own?

ron paul doesn't have to be the one.

the message is clearer even if someone else does it. we want our document back...

I think it would be construed as vandalism if supporters did it, pounding nails into buildings, but who knows. =)

BarryDonegan
09-17-2007, 02:51 PM
videotape it, it'd be huge on youtube.

who cares if its vandalism, it costs 3$ to fix the hole, ud get a citation at best.

Mr. White
09-17-2007, 03:30 PM
It makes me feel better to know that someone else thought of this as well. I thought I was really grasping at straws when it hit me.