PDA

View Full Version : Alan Greenspan Says Republicans Deserve to Lose

michaelwise
09-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Mr. Greenspan, who calls himself a "lifelong libertarian Republican," writes that he advised the White House to veto some bills to curb "out-of-control" spending while the Republicans controlled Congress. He says President Bush's failure to do so "was a major mistake." Republicans in Congress, he writes, "swapped principle for power. They ended up with neither. They deserved to lose."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118978549183327730.html?mod=hps_us_whats_news

Is This good or bad for Ron Paul's campaign?

FrankRep
09-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Ron Paul be will the Martin Luther of the Republican party.

Clamidia
09-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Ron is black?

Dustancostine
09-16-2007, 03:15 PM
He said Martin Luther not Martin Luther King.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_luther

smtwngrl
09-16-2007, 03:18 PM
lol

lapi7
09-16-2007, 03:22 PM
He was talking about Martin Luther...the father of the Protestant Reformation...not Martin Luther King... :confused:

SeanEdwards
09-16-2007, 03:23 PM
I think it's great for RP.

What do you all think about Greenspan as Secretary of the Treasury under a Paul administration? ;)

I think it's an interesting idea. Greenspan has been a fan of gold, and as the face of the Fed, he might be exactly the right guy to engineer its dissolution.

I think it would also do a lot to legitimize Paul's economic ideas and win over people who might otherwise be afraid of his eliminate the Fed stance.

Alabama Supporter
09-16-2007, 03:27 PM
I think it's great for RP.

What do you all think about Greenspan as Secretary of the Treasury under a Paul administration? ;)

I think it's an interesting idea. Greenspan has been a fan of gold, and as the face of the Fed, he might be exactly the right guy to engineer its dissolution.

I think it would also do a lot to legitimize Paul's economic ideas and win over people who might otherwise be afraid of his eliminate the Fed stance.

I love the idea. Greenspan is respected among most Americans and would add a great deal of credibility to the campaign.

michaelwise
09-16-2007, 06:52 PM
I love the idea. Greenspan is respected among most Americans and would add a great deal of credibility to the campaign.The Neo-Cons will try to discredit AG tomorrow, whose every nuance of words the hung onto for 12 years, as federal reserve chairman. He's too well respected, not to listen to.

Swmorgan77
09-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Mr. Greenspan, who calls himself a "lifelong libertarian Republican," writes that he advised the White House to veto some bills to curb "out-of-control" spending while the Republicans controlled Congress. He says President Bush's failure to do so "was a major mistake." Republicans in Congress, he writes, "swapped principle for power. They ended up with neither. They deserved to lose."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118978549183327730.html?mod=hps_us_whats_news

Is This good or bad for Ron Paul's campaign?

It's great! It reminds people that Republican does not equal big-spending, Neo conservative. It also helps that he used the term "libertarian-Republican".

So how long before Greenspan endorses Ron Paul? That would be earth-shattering :)

trispear
09-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Clamidia, LOL, who do you think Dr. King was named after?

katao
09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Republicans in Congress, he writes, "swapped principle for power. They ended up with neither. They deserved to lose."

Funny that Greenspan swapped principle for power as Chairman of the Fed.

Nevertheless, he is well respected so his message can help the RP cause.

Hook
09-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Cladmidia is a troll, nothing more. Trolls aren't generally PhDs.
Now why won't Greenspan join the LP? He has already proven the Repubs are worthless. What does he have to loose besides the self-loathing he must feel being part of the GOP?

philipsantamaria
09-16-2007, 09:17 PM
so Greenspan will be on the Daily Show this Tuesday. Anyone think Ron Paul will come up in conversation?

SWATH
09-16-2007, 09:21 PM
so Greenspan will be on the Daily Show this Tuesday. Anyone think Ron Paul will come up in conversation?

Well the least he can do to atone for his sins is to endorse Ron Paul!

Akus
09-16-2007, 09:22 PM
He said Martin Luther not Martin Luther King.

Who, incidentally was called after the former.;)

amakris
09-16-2007, 11:16 PM

Think we can get a crowd of Ron Paul supporters outside the studio chanting "Endorse Ron Paul! Endorse Ron Paul!" ?

Should we send the idea along to the pertinent meetup?

Mordechai Vanunu
09-17-2007, 12:10 AM
The NWO, which Greenspan is in league with, wants a Democrat to win next year. That is the only reason all of this has come out. Gotta shift the power balance to the other side to give those American cattle the illusion they still have a choice. But we all know there is one man who can stop that.

Man from La Mancha
09-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Ron Paul be will the Martin Luther of the Republican party.

I love that as Martin brought the bible to the common man so is Ron showing the common man his heritage, the US Constitution:D

Thomas_Paine
09-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Republicans in Congress, he writes, "swapped principle for power. They ended up with neither. They deserved to lose."

That sounds like something the Good Doctor himself would say, but it came from Alan Greenscum himself. People have long been trying to understand this chieftan of turncoats, what made him sacrifice his ideals and character? If you take the time to read the entire article about Greenspan's new book perhaps you'll notice that Greenspan (18 year Fed Chairman) speaks lies for a living, maintaining the single greatest fraud behind the MACHINE. While his statements regarding the spending of Republican HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD, Greenspan is in no position to get on a soapbox about politicians swapping "principle for power". If you haven't read Greenspan's classic essay on the gold standard you really must. The sadest part is that the principles within this fanatasic piece of writing is the ANITHISIS of what he has infact done as the private bank Czar of the U.S. Perhaps these admissions in his book is the feeble attempt of an old man to speak what Ron Paul LIVES. Indeed there is no way to change the past, Greenscum your penance to a life you never lived is an omen to all men in who sacrifice "principe for power".