PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul a "conspiracy theorist" by Politico

Ex Post Facto
03-15-2009, 12:32 PM
FULL STORY (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20010.html) depicting Ron Paul with subtitle inferring him as a conspiracy theorist.

The highest levels of the Obama administration are infested with members of a shadowy, elitist cabal intent on installing a one-world government that subverts the will of the American people.

It sounds crazy, but that’s what a group of very persistent conspiracy theorists insists, and they point to President Obama’s nominee for Health and Human Services Secretary, Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, as the latest piece of evidence supporting their claims.

It turns out that Sebelius – like top administration economists Timothy Geithner, Larry Summers and Paul Volcker, as well as leading Obama diplomats Richard Holbrooke and Dennis Ross – is a Bilderberger. That is, she is someone who has participated in the annual invitation-only conference held by an elite international organization known as the Bilderberg group.

The group, which takes its name from the Dutch hotel where it held its first meeting in 1954, exists solely to bring together between 100 and 150 titans of politics, finance, military, industry, academia and media from North America and Western Europe once a year to discuss world affairs. It doesn’t issue policy statements or resolutions, nor does it hold any events other than an annual meeting.

Past participants have included Margaret Thatcher, who attended the 1975 meeting at Turkey’s Golden Dolphin Hotel, former media mogul Conrad Black, who has been to more than a dozen conferences, and Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Condoleezza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, King Juan Carlos of Spain and top officials of BP, IBM, Barclays and the Bank of England.

It is precisely that exclusive roster of globally influential figures that has captured the interest of an international network of conspiracists, who for decades have viewed the Bilderberg conference as a devious corporate-globalist scheme.

The fulminating is aggravated by Obama's preference for surrounding himself with well-credentialed, well-connected, and well-traveled elites. His personnel choices have touched a populist, even paranoid nerve among those who are convinced powerful elites and secret societies are moving the planet toward a new world order.

Their worldview, characterized by a deep and angry suspicion of the ruling class rather than any prevailing partisan or ideological affiliation, is widely articulated on overnight AM radio shows and a collection of Internet websites.

The video sharing website YouTube alone is home to thousands of Bilderberg-related videos.

“I don’t laugh at the people who claim that they understand the connections, but I’ve never really spent much time tracing that through,” said Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), a former presidential candidate whose libertarian sensibilities have made him a darling of the Bilderberg conspiracists.

“The one thing that concerns me is that the people who surround Obama or Bush generally come from the same philosophic viewpoint and they have their organizations – they have the Trilateral Commission, the CFR [Council on Foreign Relations] and the Bilderbergers, and they’ve been around a long time. And my biggest concern is what they preach: Keynesian economics and interventionism and world planning,” he said.

While it's easy to dismiss the Bilder-busters as cranks, these voices have a way of making themselves heard on the margins of the debate in ways that can prove to be a real, if minor, distraction to Obama’s political team. Bill Clinton had trouble shaking rumors that he was behind a shady criminal syndicate operating out of the Mena airport. George W. Bush was sometimes portrayed as the puppet of clandestine Middle Eastern oil interests.

Obama’s selection of numerous Bilderbergers for key posts “certainly would verify their suspicions,” said Paul, referring to fears of the group’s influence.

“And I don’t think it’s just Obama. Whether it’s the Republicans or the Democrats – Goldman Sachs generally has somebody in treasury. And the big banks generally have somebody in the Federal Reserve. And they’re international people, too. And they’re probably working very hard this weekend, with the G20. And they get involved in the IMF. But that is their stated goal. They do believe in a powerful centralized government and we believe in the opposite.”

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Wait till they find out about Chuck Baldwin. < LOL ! > :D

zach
03-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Good guys are bad, bad guys are good.

Why can't people believe opposite of what they're told?

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Wait till they find out about Chuck Baldwin. < LOL ! > :D

lol

donnay
03-15-2009, 12:39 PM
You know you are over the target when you start catching the flack.

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 12:41 PM
its clear all those hit pieces have something to do with Ron Paul's growing popularity.

did they find the worker who leaked the Don Black Donation & the racist anti-illegal immigration flyer to the press
or was he promoted to the Campaign For Liberty
I wonder what their spy is telling them about the C4L that we dont know

i also find it interesting how this comes out at the same time the MO manual is revealed. I think the writer knows about the manual and is trying to prepare the masses so that they believe the crap in the manual
Actually I bet thats the intent

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 12:41 PM
good guys are bad, bad guys are good.

Politics Is a Sociopathic Cult (http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer96.html)

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-15-2009, 12:59 PM
I notice these sneering articles never even bother to posit or explain what the Bilderberg Group is. If it isn't a conspiratorial meeting of elites planning policy, then what do they think it is?

donnay
03-15-2009, 01:02 PM
I notice these sneering articles never even bother to posit or explain what the Bilderberg Group is. If it isn't a conspiratorial meeting of elites planning policy, then what do they think it is?

Good point.

Most would have us believe they are nothing than a group of elites that get together once a year to play poker--with high stakes.

MRoCkEd
03-15-2009, 01:10 PM
They talk more about it and quote from Prison Planet on the second and third pages.
I don't think it's a bad article, actually.

danberkeley
03-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I've never heard Ron Paul talk about the Bildebergers. How Politico get him to talk about it?

donnay
03-15-2009, 01:15 PM
I've never heard Ron Paul talk about the Bildebergers. How Politico get him to talk about it?

He talked about in either the CNN presidential debates or the Fox debates. I cannot remember specifically but he did touch upon them.

ProBlue33
03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Reposted in part from another thread

During one of the Bilderberg meetings Ron Paul came up, his idea's/movement and supporters, they don't like them, and somebody was specifically assigned to counter act them and not just the primary run, but the entire movement they don't want it gaining traction.

This type of thing is exactly the MO of the people who are trying to discredit/scare/belittle the movement.

Have you seen The Obama Deception just released this week it lists off all the people close to Obama and in his cabinet that are in the Bilderberg group, I was so shocked, scary stuff, this Politico piece is a response to that movie I am sure of it.

Bilderberg, yup just another conspiracy that only nut jobs believe in, that is the counter point, it's so obvious.

The propaganda war is in high gear like never before.

If you get labeled a "Conspiracy Theorist" psychologically and almost automatically all your points get sidelined as foolish. You get tagged with oh that person he's lost their mind.

That's what they are continuing to do with Ron Paul and all his supporters.
They thought with him losing and Obama winning that he would just disappear.
Well he is not, and he is getting more air time than he ever had before his presidential run.

One scary point to this is that the NWO is using Ron Paul & Alex Jones to smoke out all die hard supporters of the Constitution, because he(Ron) is right and they know it, but they want this to happen. So they can target the people most likely to go against them.

If so, really this is a Lose/Lose situation.

95% of the people kept as sheeple, the other 5% get played and outed by a few people BEING ALLOWED to tell the actual truth of what going on. But then the media discredits the entire group as whack jobs because 95% of the other people don't believe what they believe.

As one infamous evil character once said "ALL TO EASY"

Now I feel depressed just thinking about that, it's a Catch 22 that does not end well for us either way.

Lucille
03-15-2009, 02:01 PM
So I guess Politico got the memo (http://www.infowars.com/secret-state-police-report-ron-paul-bob-barr-chuck-baldwin-libertarians-are-terrorists/) then.

specsaregood
03-15-2009, 02:16 PM
If you get labeled a "Conspiracy Theorist" psychologically and almost automatically all your points get sidelined as foolish. You get tagged with oh that person he's lost their mind.

That's what they are continuing to do with Ron Paul and all his supporters.
They thought with him losing and Obama winning that he would just disappear.
Well he is not, and he is getting more air time than he ever had before his presidential run.

The problem is, when somebody labels you a conspiracy nutter and dismisses you continually; but then things you warned about become true, over and over again; they start to wonder how nutty you really are.....

Original_Intent
03-15-2009, 02:26 PM
I found it a very educational article...

Their worldview, characterized by a deep and angry suspicion of the ruling class rather than any prevailing partisan or ideological affiliation, is widely articulated on overnight AM radio shows and a collection of Internet websites.

See, I didn't even know that we had a ruling class in this country. Thank you Politico!

Theocrat
03-15-2009, 02:28 PM
He talked about in either the CNN presidential debates or the Fox debates. I cannot remember specifically but he did touch upon them.

I think you may be referring to the CNN/YouTube debate, as found here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y30k3nkk54).

OptionsTrader
03-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Good guys are bad, bad guys are good.

Because they have been conditioned from a young age to believe things are true because people in positions of authority say they are true. Before people can speak, they have been conditioned to believe, without any physical evidence, that there is a magical being that created everything they see and he watches them and will punish them if they do not obey the commands of the human authority figures.

LibertyEagle
03-15-2009, 02:36 PM

qft

re: the article
You know, it's just so weird to me that anyone can believe that a bunch of leaders from media, big business and GOVERNMENT, from all over the world, get together for a weekend and just shoot the breeze behind closed doors and that we shouldn't be the least bit concerned.

Zera
03-15-2009, 03:50 PM
That's what happens when part of your supporters are conspiracy nuts. I keep telling you guys to stop associating your non sense with being a Paul supporter or keep it quiet around here, but nope.

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 04:49 PM
http://www.bilderberg.org/ (http://www.bilderberg.org/)

ingrid
03-15-2009, 05:30 PM
its clear all those hit pieces have something to do with Ron Paul's growing popularity.

did they find the worker who leaked the Don Black Donation & the racist anti-illegal immigration flyer to the press
or was he promoted to the Campaign For Liberty
I wonder what their spy is telling them about the C4L that we dont know

i also find it interesting how this comes out at the same time the MO manual is revealed. I think the writer knows about the manual and is trying to prepare the masses so that they believe the crap in the manual
Actually I bet thats the intent

I think so too...however I think they'll going after him now, because he's going after the Federal Reserve.

You make a good point. I'm wouldn't be surprised if his campaign was infiltrated and the same people are still involved. I did have the thought that the reason why Ron Paul had been getting so much press recently is because they'll going to bring him down later. The report specifically claimed that it's not uncommon for militia members to have C4L material on them, which implies that most militia people are C4L members. I thought it was odd that they not only signaled out Ron Paul, but his group too, so obviously they been keeping an eye on him and view Ron Paul people as a "threat" to their agenda.

FrankRep
03-15-2009, 05:32 PM
conspiracy factist

jmlfod87
03-15-2009, 06:09 PM

Well said.

He Who Pawns
03-15-2009, 08:16 PM
The article makes it quite clear that Dr Paul doesn't give a rat's ass about this silly Bilderberg nonsense. Quit promoting these ludicrous conspiracy ideas under his name and maybe we won't get pinned with the kook label all the time. The 911 Truthers did damage to Dr Paul in the presidential race, IMHO. Do you think it looks good when he's in the middle of GOP debates on national TV, trying to talk about serious issues, and he has to be subjected to a bunch of 911 Truth questions? It was quite damaging. And Dr Paul did ask his followers - in the debate - to lay off the 911 Truth stuff, because it was damaging his candidacy.

Bilderberg is nothing but a bunch of rich powerful people sitting around talking business. The same things happen at G20 summits, on golf courses, in the Hamptons every summer, etc.

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 08:27 PM
The article makes it quite clear that Dr Paul doesn't give a rat's ass about this silly Bilderberg nonsense. Quit promoting these ludicrous conspiracy ideas under his name and maybe we won't get pinned with the kook label all the time. The 911 Truthers did damage to Dr Paul in the presidential race, IMHO. Do you think it looks good when he's in the middle of GOP debates on national TV, trying to talk about serious issues, and he has to be subjected to a bunch of 911 Truth questions? It was quite damaging. And Dr Paul did ask his followers - in the debate - to lay off the 911 Truth stuff, because it was damaging his candidacy.

Bilderberg is nothing but a bunch of rich powerful people sitting around talking business. The same things happen at G20 summits, on golf courses, in the Hamptons every summer, etc. Who did Ron endorse for POTUS? What are his NWO views? ;)

ClayTrainor
03-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Who did Ron endorse for POTUS? What are his NWO views? ;)

why are u using such small fonts lately?

Hard to read sometimes :p

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 08:33 PM
why are u using such small fonts lately?

Hard to read sometimes :p Well they used to default to size "1" in the editor, now they don't. :p :rolleyes:

donnay
03-15-2009, 08:50 PM
I think you may be referring to the CNN/YouTube debate, as found here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y30k3nkk54).

Thank you! He didn't specifically mention Bilderberg but he mentioned the CFR and the Trilateral Committee.

FrankRep
03-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Thank you! He didn't specifically mention Bilderberg but he mentioned the CFR and the Trilateral Committee.

Ron Paul talks about the Bilderberg group
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plo-1rLZ3Jo

He Who Pawns
03-15-2009, 09:03 PM

Again, it's very obvious from the video that Dr Paul doesn't give a rat's ass about this conspiracy theory. He basically says, "Yeah it's a bunch of rich guys plotting to get richer... duh."

DeadheadForPaul
03-15-2009, 09:15 PM
That's what happens when part of your supporters are conspiracy nuts. I keep telling you guys to stop associating your non sense with being a Paul supporter or keep it quiet around here, but nope.

A+

donnay
03-15-2009, 09:18 PM

Thank you! I knew he touched upon it during the campaign.

Daniel Estulin has been following them for over 20 years. Also, Jim Tucker (AFP) has been following the Bilderberg Group and has moles inside their meeting so he can report back to the people about what these secret meetings are all about.

Anyone who loves liberty and freedom ought to be concerned about secret meetings held by an elite group, who have heavy influence with setting up policies in our country.

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 09:23 PM

Bilderberg is nothing but a bunch of rich powerful people sitting around talking business. The same things happen at G20 summits, on golf courses, in the Hamptons every summer, etc. :rolleyes:

www.bilderberg.org (http://www.bilderberg.org)

FrankRep
03-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Again, it's very obvious from the video that Dr Paul doesn't give a rat's ass about this conspiracy theory. He basically says, "Yeah it's a bunch of rich guys plotting to get richer... duh."
Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Some Rich guys meeting together privately to plot how to get richer and more powerful.

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 09:50 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/GlobalElite.png

RSLudlum
03-15-2009, 09:58 PM
"To widen the market and to narrow the competition is always the interest of the dealers ... The proposal of any new law or regulation of commerce which comes from this order, ought always to be listened to with great precaution, and ought never to be adopted, till after having been long and carefully examined, not only with the most scrupulous, but with the most suspicious attention. It comes from an order of men, whose interest is never exactly the same with that of the public, who have generally an interest to deceive and even to oppress the public, and who accordingly have, upon many occasions, both deceived and oppressed it."

Adam Smith, Wealth of Nations

nbruno322
03-15-2009, 10:11 PM
That actually wasn't that bad of an article

He Who Pawns
03-15-2009, 10:52 PM

Some Rich guys meeting together privately to plot how to get richer and more powerful.

Yeah, it's called lunch at most country clubs.

Ex Post Facto
03-15-2009, 10:53 PM

This is the absolute truth.

Bossobass
03-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Here we go again with the supposed Ron Paul supporters who flood these threads proclaiming that "those stupid truthers" ruined everything, hurt RP's chances, continue to tarnish 'our' efforts, blah, blah.

Blue hairs hurt Ron's chances when they voted for McCain.

The 100% blackout hurt Ron's chances because the blue hairs didn't even know who he was.

Of 450 Meetup members where I live, more than 1/2 of them turned out to be either not registered or registered Democrats at the time of the county convention. Of the remaining 200, only 40 of us showed up to become delegates.

McCain won the nomination by 8 million votes over Ron.

More than a third of the American public suspects that federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East, according to a new Scripps Howard/Ohio University poll.

Seventy percent of people who give credence to these theories also say they've become angrier with the federal government than they used to be.
Thirty-six percent of respondents overall said it is "very likely" or "somewhat likely" that federal officials either participated in the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon or took no action to stop them "because they wanted the United States to go to war in the Middle East."

"One out of three sounds high, but that may very well be right," said Lee Hamilton, former vice chairman of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also called the 9/11 commission.) His congressionally appointed investigation concluded that federal officials bungled their attempts to prevent, but did not participate in, the attacks by al Qaeda five years ago.

"A lot of people I've encountered believe the U.S. government was involved," Hamilton said. "Many say the government planned the whole thing. Of course, we don't think the evidence leads that way at all."

Using math instead of bullshit, that means that 80-100 million Americans weren't put off by any truthers. It means that 20-30 million Americans actually believed what the truthers were saying is probable.

Hmmm...wild stab here, but do you think that maybe the people who hate the federal government in record numbers and believe it had something to do with 911, or at the very least are covering up the truth about 911 might, maybe not be registered to vote?

Instead of puking on them and chasing them away, all YOU had to do was get 1/3 of the 1/3 of them registered Republican.

I remember being in NH for the 3rd debate. There was a group of truthers there and a few of them had Ron Paul signs. In a video of the debate rallies, there was a few seconds of this truther group. The howls and jeers poured out from the bench sitters about what idiots they are and how they detract from the campaign.

Fuck me. Yeah, let's all comb our hair pretty, put on makeup, polish our manners and politely kiss Glen Beck's fat ass to get Ron on his show, and then for sure the blue hairs will be convinced to vote for Ron Paul. :rolleyes::confused:

In Iowa, Romney & the Huckster paid for busses, picked them up, rode them to the Caucus, paid for their tickets, told them what they wanted to hear and fed them. You think they gave a shit what your demeanor and message was?

We had a similar Opie Taylor looking, judge of the earth type for Meetup Poohbah, or whatever the fuck it's called, who only ever attacked anyone who posted anything contrary to the 'wear a nice shirt and beg the almighty Republicans for acceptance and whatever you do, don't anger the neocons' credo.

That had a lot to do with our 40 delegate count.

Chase away tens of millions of potential votes to fight over the brainwashed blue hairs against their brainwashers. Then blame the millions of potential voters when that plan fails.

Crock o' shit, and I'm tired of hearing it. You just don't get it that the establishment crowd holds you in just the same derision you hold the truthers in, regardless of the fact that you somehow believe you're better and more acceptable.

You keep trying to change the establishment and ignore the fact that 100 million people don't vote because they know you can't change the establishment. Makes no sense. In any case, listening to the judgement crowd is gettin' old as hell, and it's really what hurt Ron's chances.

Bosso

He Who Pawns
03-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Well why is Dr Paul's picture being pasted on the front page of the Politico today tied to some whacky conspiracy theory that 99% of people dismiss as a total joke? Please don't tie your conspiracy theories to your support for Dr Paul. It damages him, and damages his and our cause.

Don't you remember when Dr Paul himself asked the 911 Truthers to stop tying him to their "cause"? He said it on national TV in front of millions. He said truthers were "hurting" his campaign and asked them to stop.

If you want to rant about conspiracies, aren't there other places to do it? This damages Dr Paul and the CFL.

Bossobass
03-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Well why is Dr Paul's picture being pasted on the front page of the Politico today tied to some whacky conspiracy theory that 99% of people dismiss as a total joke? Please don't tie your conspiracy theories to your support for Dr Paul. It damages him, and damages his and our cause.

Don't you remember when Dr Paul himself asked the 911 Truthers to stop tying him to their "cause"? He said it on national TV in front of millions. He said truthers were "hurting" his campaign and asked them to stop.

If you want to rant about conspiracies, aren't there other places to do it? This damages Dr Paul and the CFL.

Yeah, provide the link, will ya?

Got any statistics or facts to go along with this BS?

Bosso

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 11:57 AM

If you want to rant about conspiracies, aren't there other places to do it? This damages Dr Paul and the CFL. Who did Ron Paul ENDORSE for POTUS?

What are his views on conspiracies?

He Who Pawns
03-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah, provide the link, will ya?

Got any statistics or facts to go along with this BS?

Bosso

Did you watch the debates??

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Answers: Chuck Baldwin

AND

A very real New World Order (http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/baldwin/090127)

More on the New World Order (http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/baldwin/090130)

dannno
03-16-2009, 12:39 PM

So you are saying that he accepts the theory as true, but we should just be quiet about it?? That doesn't make very much sense.

I say call 'em out.

He Who Pawns
03-16-2009, 01:31 PM
So you are saying that he accepts the theory as true, but we should just be quiet about it?? That doesn't make very much sense.

I say call 'em out.

He doesn't accept the conspiracy at all. You can tell that he tried to blow off the kid with the camera. When pressed, he said, "Yeah, a bunch of rich people plotting to get richer." No duh. The same thing happens at your local country club every weekend.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Ron Paul Bashes the New World Order at Rally in Nashville TN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDXHbgpoI80 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDXHbgpoI80)

Ron Paul decries looming New World Order dictatorship under Obama (http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/ron-paul-decries-looming-new-world-o)
http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/ron-paul-decries-looming-new-world-o (http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/ron-paul-decries-looming-new-world-o)

Ron Paul vs. the New World Order (http://firedoglake.com/2007/06/08/ron-paul-vs-the-new-world-order/)

Ron Paul Fears Controlling Cabal Will Use Staged Terror Attacks
Warning America About The New World Order
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2007/250507Ron_Paul.htm (http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2007/250507Ron_Paul.htm)

Something Big is Happening - Dr. Ron Paul, Congressman (http://www.nwo101.com/2008/07/something-big-is-going-on-dr-ron-paul.html)

A. Havnes
03-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the links, TW!

If the Bilderberg group was nothing more than a club for snobs, then why is it so secret?

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the links, TW!

If the Bilderberg group was nothing more than a club for snobs, then why is it so secret? That's pretty much the same question that I ask about all of the "secret societies"? :p Whatcha hiding folks? ;)

www.bilderberg.org

Zera
03-16-2009, 03:49 PM
I also recall him asking 9/11 troofers to stop associating themselves directly to him.

You guys need to venture out into the internet more. If you go around, you'll quickly learn that Ron Paul supporters are generally stereotyped as conspiracy theorists. I really hate to break it to you, but it's true. Now, in real life, people either don't know him, forgot about him, or never really knew much about him. So basically, while the media blacked us out from the public, a good bit of the internet community that is familiar with Paul thinks he's some sort of wacko.

And yes, I am calling all you conspiracy theorists out. I am tired of your bullshit, especially when it's not doing any of us any good. If you really honestly think the government is hiding so much from us, I don't see how you think you're suddenly going to educate everyone about it without you... Not being able to.

He Who Pawns
03-16-2009, 04:22 PM
The bottom line is:

A) Dr Paul asked (begged?) the conspiracy folks not to associate their causes with his name.

B) There are mountains of evidence that conspiracy believers are hurting Dr Paul, including the fact that he was mocked during the debates by the actual moderators, and this recent Politico front page incident plastering Dr Paul's picture on a conspiracy article that is considered to be completely loony tunes by 99% of Americans.

I mean, aren't there a lot of conspiracy websites where you guys can discuss this stuff? I don't mean any offense, but when you damage the cause with your own agenda, it's not fair to the rest of the movement.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-16-2009, 04:57 PM
The bottom line is:

A) Dr Paul asked (begged?) the conspiracy folks not to associate their causes with his name.

B) There are mountains of evidence that conspiracy believers are hurting Dr Paul, including the fact that he was mocked during the debates by the actual moderators, and this recent Politico front page incident plastering Dr Paul's picture on a conspiracy article that is considered to be completely loony tunes by 99% of Americans.

I mean, aren't there a lot of conspiracy websites where you guys can discuss this stuff? I don't mean any offense, but when you damage the cause with your own agenda, it's not fair to the rest of the movement.

It's pretty hard to separate things like Bilderberg, Trilateral, and the CFR when they tie directly into all the issues Ron Paul sees as what's wrong with this country. Why let the mainstream media get away with their demonization of conspiracy itself? It seems so many have been conditioned to believe that conspiracies cannot be true, when history is full of conspiracies that have been planned and executed successfully.

I also disagree that Ron Paul asked/begged "conspiracy folks" to dissociated themselves from him. If he didn't want to be associated with people who clearly see an unseen hand behind history and contemporary political events, he wouldn't go on Alex Jones on a monthly basis. Nor would he endorse books like The Creature from Jekyll Island which highlights the conspiratorial formation of the Fed in great detail. Nor would he hold joint events with people like Jesse Ventura and Chuck Baldwin.

I daresay Ron Paul is a conspiracy theorist himself. And that's not a bad thing. It's far more reasonable than to be just another coincidence theorist, like the dozens of high ranking idiots in media who posit that all of these disasters that have befallen us are always the result of clumsiness and coincidence.

paulitics
03-16-2009, 04:57 PM
To believe the federal reserve is private entity is a conspiracy theory. To think that the bankers across the world are collaberating to bring on a world currency and new banking system that they control is a conspiracy theory. To believe that there are plans to subvert the country's sovereignty through SPP, nafta, NAU is a conspiracy theory. These aren't trivial conspiracy theories either, but they are the big ones that matter the most. They are also getting mainstream coverage now, and it is not considered loony tunes by 99% of Americans.

I would consider the thought that the federal reserve is private to be the giant of all conspiracy theories. It is something I wouldn't have fathomed a mere 5 years ago, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the possibility. I know Ron Paul, Peter Schiff and others say this is so, but are we 100% sure? I have not studied enough of this, but do trust Ron Paul as very knowledgeable about financial matters. To me, this is the biggest red pill to swallow, not the Bilderberg group. The Bilderberg group seems like a common sense issue of a conflict of interest. The name "Bilderberg group" makes it sound like a conspiracy theory.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Ron lost. He's not running for anything. Fact is fact and truth is truth. WAAAAAY too much "drama" in this thread. See what "politics" :p does to folks? :rolleyes:

pcosmar
03-16-2009, 05:36 PM
I also recall him asking 9/11 troofers to stop associating themselves directly to him.

You guys need to venture out into the internet more. If you go around, you'll quickly learn that Ron Paul supporters are generally stereotyped as conspiracy theorists. I really hate to break it to you, but it's true. Now, in real life, people either don't know him, forgot about him, or never really knew much about him. So basically, while the media blacked us out from the public, a good bit of the internet community that is familiar with Paul thinks he's some sort of wacko.

And yes, I am calling all you conspiracy theorists out. I am tired of your bullshit, especially when it's not doing any of us any good. If you really honestly think the government is hiding so much from us, I don't see how you think you're suddenly going to educate everyone about it without you... Not being able to.

Naw.
The only people that think that are really friggin' ignorant.

Well there are the Neo-Cons that try to push that crap, but they are losing ground in the face of facts.

pcosmar
03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
The bottom line is:

Would you please provide a quote.
I've never been a "truther", but I have long mistrusted the Government for several reasons that I can prove with Documentation.
I don't go on about the things I only suspect.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
To believe the federal reserve is private entity is a conspiracy theory. To think that the bankers across the world are collaberating to bring on a world currency and new banking system that they control is a conspiracy theory. To believe that there are plans to subvert the country's sovereignty through SPP, nafta, NAU is a conspiracy theory. These aren't trivial conspiracy theories either, but they are the big ones that matter the most. They are also getting mainstream coverage now, and it is not considered loony tunes by 99% of Americans.

I would consider the thought that the federal reserve is private to be the giant of all conspiracy theories. It is something I wouldn't have fathomed a mere 5 years ago, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the possibility. I know Ron Paul, Peter Schiff and others say this is so, but are we 100% sure? I have not studied enough of this, but do trust Ron Paul as very knowledgeable about financial matters. To me, this is the biggest red pill to swallow, not the Bilderberg group. The Bilderberg group seems like a common sense issue of a conflict of interest. The name "Bilderberg group" makes it sound like a conspiracy theory.

I agree. You can look at it from many angles, but the Fed is one of the chief conspiracy theories (that is, the ones that can really be documented, excluding stuff like UFOs, Bigfoot, and other dubious supernatural things). Whoever is behind it, its control of the money supply makes it one of the ultimate power mechanisms ever erected in this country and still operational. The creation of the Fed and its architecture are bathed in conspiracy. We can only speculate based on documents, interviews, and other primary sources how it really works and how it came to be. These are conspiracy theories.

Sometimes, I even think that most of political history is filled with conspiracy theories. It's only the ones that still matter or which trash the establishment that have "conspiracy theory" applied with a tone of surly nastiness. We cannot let ourselves be moved to discount whole groups of thinkers or theories because of how others have chosen to manipulate language. There is no reason for either of the words "conspiracy" or "theory" to yield knee jerk disgust and dismissiveness.

apropos
03-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Good thing that article doesn't link to the the chem trail topics on this board.

He Who Pawns
03-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Would you please provide a quote.

Ron Paul dismisses 911 conspiracies and asks 911 truthers to stop associating his name with their cause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhQ8xi312l8

There is your evidence. It is incontrovertible. It is crystal clear.

Also note that Dr Paul tried to beg the moderator to let him address the real issues, but the 911 truth crap was slung at him instead. Again, this did serious damage to Dr Paul's cause.

pcosmar
03-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Ron Paul dismisses 911 conspiracies and asks 911 truthers to stop associating his name with their cause:

There is your evidence. It is incontrovertible. It is crystal clear.

No . You are saying things that are not there.
He specifically says that he doesn't tell people what to do or say.
He says that he does not believe it himself.

I thought it made the questioner look really stupid especially when he asked the question again after it was clearly answered. It would have been nice to include Dr.Paul in the debates, but that was not what Faux news wanted.
I remember watching that the first time.
My impression was that the Faux panel was a bunch of dicks that did not want Dr. Paul there.

paulitics
03-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I agree. You can look at it from many angles, but the Fed is one of the chief conspiracy theories (that is, the ones that can really be documented, excluding stuff like UFOs, Bigfoot, and other dubious supernatural things). Whoever is behind it, its control of the money supply makes it one of the ultimate power mechanisms ever erected in this country and still operational. The creation of the Fed and its architecture are bathed in conspiracy. We can only speculate based on documents, interviews, and other primary sources how it really works and how it came to be. These are conspiracy theories.

Sometimes, I even think that most of political history is filled with conspiracy theories. It's only the ones that still matter or which trash the establishment that have "conspiracy theory" applied with a tone of surly nastiness. We cannot let ourselves be moved to discount whole groups of thinkers or theories because of how others have chosen to manipulate language. There is no reason for either of the words "conspiracy" or "theory" to yield knee jerk disgust and dismissiveness.

What blows my mind is that one can be well versed in economics, and take I don't know 100 credits on the subject, and still leave not having the slightest idea of what the federal reserve is. This is the ultimate conspiracy when you consider how much under control all our universities are to not entertain the notion that the federal reserve may be much more private than public. I've take enough economics to know that all that is said about the federal reserve is that it is a public institution that is to make independent monetary decisions free of political pressures. There has been little to no research on the nature of this "public institution", but tons of research on dry technical crap of open market operations, money supply, etc.

It proves that 99.99% of all those in the conspiracy have no idea that they are taking part in the conspiracy, the professors, researchers, etc.
Some of these same people when confronted with it may not even care if it is public or private, but they will drone on endlessly about economic theory. Obviously the implications of who controls the federal reserve, the people, or an elite, is more important than just about any other issue I can think of.

As we know, Ron Paul, Schiff and others speak very matter of factly that it is 100% private and the media has yet to confront them about it or call them conspiracy nuts. It is interesting to note that since the media does not attack us on this issue (yet) there is little to no regurgitated attacks on this forum about this issue, although I would consider it to be the king of all conspiracy theories.

apropos
03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
No . You are saying things that are not there.
He specifically says that he doesn't tell people what to do or say.
He says that he does not believe it himself.

At 0:42, when asked if he wants the 9/11 truthers to cease their rhetoric on his behalf, Paul says that "if they care about me they should, because it doesn't do me any good."

He Who Pawns
03-16-2009, 06:37 PM
At 0:42, when asked if he wants the 9/11 truthers to cease their rhetoric on his behalf, Paul says that "if they care about me they should, because it doesn't do me any good."

Check. Mate.

pcosmar
03-16-2009, 06:40 PM

He's right...it doesn't.

And I never have, in fact I have only started to consider it lately.
There have been other issues that are more pertinent to discuss with folks in my area.
Agenda 21
NAU / or NAFTA, CAFTA, SPP
USDA / FDA
Globalist agenda vs Non intervention

This area has had a depressed economy for so long that if you talk of "coming depression" you will get laughed at.

timosman
04-09-2017, 02:38 AM
For the old times sake.:cool:

jmdrake
04-09-2017, 05:29 AM
For the old times sake.:cool:

We now have a conspiracy theorist in the Whitehouse who has rejected non-interventionism. This settles the old argument "Are conspiracy theorists hurting Ron Paul's chances to win." Nope. This is what hurt Ron Paul. The sad truth that most Republicans are warmongering assholes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kioYYYvHMRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4UnkyNJGmw

jmdrake
04-09-2017, 06:11 AM

Check. Mate.

This belongs here. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88x6JdfjwCY

So does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ADYLUOk1I&t=8s

merkelstan
04-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Some conspiracy sites will be allowed to continue pushing their dope - ufos, chemtrails, repitilians, flat-earth etc. Others are disappearing.