PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 of the most disrgaced media pundits in America

Liberty Star
03-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Who are the top media mis-leaders of America who cheerled disastrous policies of last 8 years? Let's give credit where it's due.

Please make your own list or add to/amend this list of top media pawns:

1- Rush Limbaugh
2- Matt Drudge - Breitbart pimps duo
2- Sean Hannity
3- Bill O'Reilly
4- Glenn Beck

Drudge of all these probably has been the most frequently used pawn for spreading propaganda and false/semi-true news/smears with very loose ,if any, journalistic standards. He was the first one Lewinsky scandal was "leaked" to when Clinton started to turn heat on Israel on settlements building and since then has been a prolific tool of the political machinery operators.

In 2003, Drudge faced criticism for describing ABC reporter Jeffrey Kofman as "openly gay" in the headline "ABC News Reporter Who Filed Troops Complaint Story — Openly Gay Canadian" after Kofman interviewed anti-war soldiers in Iraq.[31][32][33][34]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Drudge

FourTwenty666
03-15-2009, 10:35 AM
What does everyone think of Keith Olberman here? Is he on tha list for contributing to Obama's mass deception? ;)

Liberty Star
03-15-2009, 10:39 AM
To be fair, example in OP seems to single out Drudge on second thought when there are many pimps in media. He has also been a victim too at times when he was retaliated against:

Gay allegations

In 2003, Drudge faced criticism for describing ABC reporter Jeffrey Kofman as "openly gay" in the headline "ABC News Reporter Who Filed Troops Complaint Story — Openly Gay Canadian" after Kofman interviewed anti-war soldiers in Iraq.[31][32][33][34] Drudge's critics, like gay American writer and national talk radio host Michelangelo Signorile,[35][36] point to the allegations of homosexuality levelled at Drudge himself by David Brock of Media Matters in his memoir Blinded by the Right,[37][38] and by columnist Jeannette Walls in her book Dish.[39][40][41][42] Walls wrote that Drudge had a long homosexual relationship with Washington D.C. landscaper, David Cohen. Cohen confirmed the relationship to the New York Daily News.[43][44] Drudge denied that he is gay, telling the Miami New Times in 2001 that "I go to straight bars, I go to gay bars. [Walls] never said there was sex; she said there was dating. She never had enough to go that far."[45]

Full para from his wiki page where he himself was "accused" of being homosexual after his Iraq headline.

This is all tangetial, still hard to find much sympathy for the propagandist puppet.

What does everyone think of Keith Olberman here? Is he on tha list for contributing to Obama's mass deception? ;)

I thought he opposed Bush/Cheney policies and generally did not play a pawn for neocons, or I'm mistaken?

FourTwenty666
03-15-2009, 10:44 AM
I thought he opposed Bush/Cheney policies and generally did not play a pawn to neocons, or I'm mistaken?

No you are quite right he did and he is certainly not a pawn TO THEM. I loved watching his show before the election just because of all the things he called out Bush/Cheney on and made them look so stupid. What's sad though is it seems he is just as bad and blinded when it comes to the democratic party and Obama as Sean Hannity is to Bush.

Well maybe not that much, but pretty close. And I foresee if Obama's presidency goes the way I think it is going to go by looking at it now, and he keeps blindly supporting everything Obama does, then he will just be looked at as another biased Hannity-esque reporter.

He Who Pawns
03-15-2009, 10:45 AM
I will add:

Bill Kristol
Michael Medved

The One
03-15-2009, 10:48 AM
I will add:

Bill Kristol
Michael Medved

Bill Kristol + 1

Charles Krauthammer (sp?)

I don't know how anybody listens to anything these two say. Rarely have two men been so wrong about so much.

Liberty Star
03-15-2009, 10:49 AM
No you are quite right he did and he is certainly not a pawn TO THEM. I loved watching his show before the election just because of all the things he called out Bush/Cheney on and made them look so stupid. What's sad though is it seems he is just as bad and blinded when it comes to the democratic party and Obama as Sean Hannity is to Bush.

Well maybe not that much, but pretty close. And I foresee if Obama's presidency goes the way I think it is going to go by looking at it now, and he keeps blindly supporting everything Obama does, then he will just be looked at as another biased Hannity-esque reporter.

Well put.

OP list was primarily for top media sluts of last 8 years. It can always be revised 4-8 years from now if others like KO played a similar role as partisan hacks for hire and prostituted (politically speaking) for misleaders in the Dems camp.

Liberty Star
03-15-2009, 11:12 AM
In their own words.

Glenn Beck:

Beck: Iraq Withdrawal Would Be ‘America’s Most Shameful Act Of Immorality Since Slavery’

CNN Headline News anchor Glenn Beck said tonight that if America withdraws from Iraq, it “would be America’s most shameful act of immorality since slavery,” adding that congressional war opponents are “just plain stupid” and “can’t see the future.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/24/beck-slavery/

Rush Limbaugh:

Wed, Nov 30, 2005 4:23pm ET
Limbaugh on kidnapping of peace activists in Iraq: "I'm telling you, folks, there's a part of me that likes this"

Rush Limbaugh calls War Protesters "Anti-American, Anti-Capitalist Marxists and Communists"!!

UPDATED February 26, 2003

If they were for peace, they would give every dollar they raise to the U.S. defense department because it's the U.S. defense department that keeps the peace and liberates the oppressed in the world and gives them the opportunity to have freedom, which is what we want for Iraq. It's beyond me how anybody can look at these protesters and call them anything other than what they are: anti-American, anti-capitalist, pro Marxists and communists." - Rush Limbaugh

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/weekend_sites/weekinreview_012003_012403/content/across_the_fruited_plain.guest.html

Sean Hannity:

Hannity Says Iraq War has Been "A Massive Success"

November 3, 2006

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-young/hannity-says-iraq-war-has_b_33209.html

He Who Pawns
03-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Everyone knows that Beck has mental problems.

FourTwenty666
03-15-2009, 11:30 AM
*Facepalm*

Gah what kind of ridiculous propaganda is that Beck? Hearing that, doesn't make me mad at Beck, because I already know how ridiculous these pundits are at spewing vicious propaganda. What's really sad is that people actually listen to them and fall for it.

The other day a regular mom, who you would think would be a good person just by looking at her, said "Everytime I see our American flag it brings a tear to my eye to know the amount of blood that has been spilled to protect it, and what it stands for. The Iraqis should be PROUD to die for America and what we stand for!"

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Who are the top media mis-leaders of America who cheerled disastrous policies of last 8 years? Let's give credit where it's due.

Please make your own list or add to/amend this list of top media pawns:

1- Rush Limbaugh
2- Matt Drudge - Breitbart pimps duo
2- Sean Hannity
3- Bill O'Reilly
4- Glenn Beck

Drudge of all these probably has been the most frequently used pawn for executig agenda and spreading false /semi-true news/smears with very loose ,if any, journalistic standards. He was the first one Lewinsky scandal was "leaked" to when Clinton started to turn heat on Israel on settlements building and since then has been a prolific tool of the political machinery operators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Drudge

excellent post
theyre all pawns in a bigger game

heavenlyboy34
03-15-2009, 12:07 PM
I nominate Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham for your list. ;)

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 12:34 PM

I respectfully disagree with adding Coulter to the list
shes coming around and she seems genuine
she always supported Ron Paul but shes coming around on the war
the neocons & liberals are attacking her daily and McCain's daughter attacked her a couple of days ago
I say we take her in as an ally rather than drive her away. Coulter never bashed us and always had good things to say about Ron Paul
Ingraham yes I agree

sailor
03-15-2009, 01:50 PM
the neocons & liberals are attacking her daily and McCain's daughter attacked her a couple of days ago
I say we take her in as an ally rather than drive her away. Coulter never bashed us and always had good things to say about Ron Paul
Ingraham yes I agree

She has said plenty that was disgraceful. What they think of Ron Paul (or say they do) is not the only measure.

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 06:32 PM
I nominate Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham for your list. ;) How many of Ann's columns and/or books have you actually read? :confused: :( http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/archives.cgi

I nominate Al Franken to be added to the disgraced pundits list. :p

Zuras
03-15-2009, 06:40 PM

Talk about loaded dice. What, were you just born 8 years ago and have no frame of reference outside of it? Or, more likely, you've arbitrarily singled out the last 8 years because you want to slander some conservative idealogues?

Sandra
03-15-2009, 06:42 PM
How many of Ann's columns and/or books have you actually read? :confused: :(

I've read all but this latest one. She is the most poisonous pundit that exists in the Republican Party. But make no mistake when she's asked to speak before groups, those that invite her expect a train wreck and she better give it to em. Every speaking engagement results in a news article "shocked" at what slides from her mouth. Even FOX NEWS makes fun of her the whole time she's on their show.

She has become Anna Nicole. And I'm starting to feel sorry for her.... I mean that's NERVOUS laughter she does, not real.

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 06:57 PM
I've read all but this latest one. She is the most poisonous pundit that exists in the Republican Party. But make no mistake when she's asked to speak before groups, those that invite her expect a train wreck and she better give it to em. Every speaking engagement results in a news article "shocked" at what slides from her mouth. Even FOX NEWS makes fun of her the whole time she's on their show.

She has become Anna Nicole. And I'm starting to feel sorry for her.... I mean that's NERVOUS laughter she does, not real.

Ann does to the left. just exactly what the left has been doing to the right for DECADES now.<IMHO> She just does it MUCH better and just continues to laugh all of the way to the bank. ;) :D

Sorry, I just really love to hear the left bitch, moan, lie, cry, squeal and whine about her. It's almost as funny as she is.<IMHO> :D

Sandra
03-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Ann does to the left. just exactly what the left has been doing to the right for DECADES now.<IMHO> She just does it MUCH better and just continues to laugh all of the way to the bank. ;) :D

Sorry, I just really love to hear the left bitch, moan, lie, cry, squeal and whine about her. It's almost as funny as she is.<IMHO> :D

Not true, Her latest book was a complete flop. Low sales. May be due to her being ripped from most conservative publications.

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Not true, Her latest book was a complete flop. Low sales. May be due to her being ripped from most conservative publications.http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b_1_7?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=coulter+ann&sprefix=Coulter

< LMAO ! > :D

heavenlyboy34
03-15-2009, 07:29 PM
How many of Ann's columns and/or books have you actually read? :confused: :( http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/archives.cgi

I've read a bunch of Ann's columns (several dozen, I'd say). Used to read her site regularly. I can't think of anything much you'd agree with her about. Why do you ask?

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 07:33 PM
I've read a bunch of Ann's columns. Used to read her site regularly. I can't think of anything much you'd agree with her about. Why do you ask? Explained later in the thread. ;)

Plus she cracks me up. ;) :D

heavenlyboy34
03-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Explained later in the thread. ;)

Plus she cracks me up. ;) :D

She does come up with some funny bits, I'll grant you that. :D She's one of the people who I learned sarcasm and invective from. Remember when she called Tom Daschl a ******? :D LMFAO!!!

At this moment, she's the funniest transvestite I can think of. ;) lol!

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 07:41 PM
She does come up with some funny bits, I'll grant you that. :D She's one of the people who I learned sarcasm and invective from. Remember when she called Tom Daschl a ******? :D LMFAO!!!

At this moment, she's the funniest transvestite I can think of. ;) lol!

She's a Sag. ;) I only wish she was a libertarian. Oh well, she's still young too, she has time. ;) :D

Liberty Star
03-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Talk about loaded dice. What, were you just born 8 years ago and have no frame of reference outside of it? Or, more likely, you've arbitrarily singled out the last 8 years because you want to slander some conservative idealogues?

I didn't pay too much attention politically before 2001, so you can say that in a matter of speaking. Now what exactly is "conservative" about these media pundits? I would concede that Rush occasionally displays glimpses of convictions but he along with all on the list have been some of the most vocal enablers of the most damaging policies in American history. How did we arrive where we are today? Surely it all didn't happen in just last 8 years and many decades bad policies all culminated. These pundits refused to 'put a price tag on freedom' , mocked those who differed and helped waste trillions of tax dollars and many lives needlessly on foreign adventures based on ignorant assumptions. These are the media pawns who helped us get where we are today, why not give them their credit?

But please, feel free to expand/replace the list of most disgraced media pundits with a more broader perspective. It's all about exchanging views afterall.

Ingraham yes I agree

I'm afraid you don't know her well then. She's a radical and an aspiring 'shock jock' but she stood for everything that was damaging to America during critical recent years.

Liberty Star
03-15-2009, 07:50 PM
I will add:

Bill Kristol
Michael Medved

Bill Kristol + 1

Charles Krauthammer (sp?)

I don't know how anybody listens to anything these two say. Rarely have two men been so wrong about so much.

Total list of all the people who misled America in recent years would be pretty long, I started with the ones supposedly with most "ratings" but these all are candidates to be on the list. I suspect, on their own they some of these would have pretty small audiences though.

Almost all of the pundits cited so far can also be classified as political entertainers who just happen to make a living by telling masses what they want to hear/ by appealing to emotions/fears etc and executing their agenda. Real culprit would be our corporate media culture, all these on the list really are pawns.

heavenlyboy34
03-15-2009, 07:50 PM
She's a Sag. ;) I only wish she was a libertarian. Oh well, she's still young too, she has time. ;) :D

Me too! She's got great writing skills that could be put to good use being critical of the State in general rather than just the loony left and certain members of the "right". :D;)

(did I mention that reading her columns is one of the things that taught me how to write the way I do on RPFs? I aspire to write that kind of stuff as a side project someday. :);))

heavenlyboy34
03-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Total list of all the people who misled America in recent years would be pretty long, I started with the ones supposedly with most "ratings" but these all are candidates to be on the list. I suspect, on their own they would have pretty small audiences though.

Almost all of these can also be classified as political entertainers who just happen to make a living by telling masses what they want to hear. Real culprit would be our corporate media culture, all these on the list really are pawns.

Who do you suppose Limbaugh is a pawn of? He owns and operates EIB (to my knowledge). The GOP? The NWO? :confused:

Truth Warrior
I'm afraid you don't know her well then. She's a radical and an aspiring 'shock jock' but she stood for everything that was damaging to America during critical recent years.

I'd hafta say that's just a TAD "over the top".:rolleyes: D.C. is STILL the MAJOR problem.<IMHO>

Freedom 4 all
Now that we have a Dem president, expect the right to get a lot more honest left to get a lot less. However, to give credit where it's due, KO and Rachel Maddow were great during the Bush admin (except of course for economics and guns). Rachel even had RP on her show and seemed to agree with him on a lot of stuff. I never watched them before that but I'm sure they defended Bubba like the neotards defended Bush.

heavenlyboy34
03-15-2009, 07:53 PM
I'd hafta say that's just a TAD over the top.:rolleyes: D.C. is STILL the MAJOR problem.<IMHO>

qft. Absolute power corrupts absolutely-like in D.C. :p:mad::(

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Me too! She's got great writing skills that could be put to good use being critical of the State in general rather than just the loony left and certain members of the "right". :D;)

(did I mention that reading her columns is one of the things that taught me how to write the way I do on RPFs? I aspire to write that kind of stuff as a side project someday. :);)) "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

C'mon fess up. You're REALLY a fan TOO. < LMAO! >

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter)

Liberty Star
03-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Who do you suppose Limbaugh is a pawn of? He owns and operates EIB (to my knowledge). The GOP? The NWO? :confused:

Bush senior once welcomed him to the white house, carried his bags and he gets his ego massaged by having someone decalre him the "leader of GOP" now and then. Rush is probably the smartest and shrewdest of the media pundits in America with most originality of all others on the list, but even he tows the line and does not really have independent, honest voice on critical issues of the day imo. I counted him as a pawn in the bigger sense, perhaps of self-interest and ratings. Or did he really believe Bush/Cheney were executing real conservative values he likes to talk about? How would his ratings have gone had he opposed Bush/Cheney spend thrifting in 2003,2004, 2005? He makes a living and he has some intelligent views but that's about it. If he is not a pawn of self-interest, he was been very ignorant in last 8 years.

I'd hafta say that's just a TAD "over the top".:rolleyes: D.C. is STILL the MAJOR problem.<IMHO>

I agree about DC, I thought she used to mock Ron Paul and maybe I'm lil biased. But I really don't know if she has had any good, original views in recent years.

Liberty Star
03-15-2009, 08:16 PM
If we can add media institutions to the list, NYT, CNN, MSBNC, FOX will be candidates to be on the list imo. They all have been part of the problem during critival time in our history and when it really mattered.

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 08:18 PM
I agree about DC, I thought she used to mock Ron Paul and maybe I'm lil biased. But I really don't know if she has had any good, original views in recent years. She's pretty much mainline GOP, so what else do you really expect from her? SOMEBODY is buying her books. How many NYT bestsellers has she had now? ;)

I'm just THRILLED that she's NOT on the left.< LOL! > http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/archives.cgi

sailor
03-16-2009, 06:56 AM
TW your man-crush on Coulter is frankly embarassing. She is a chauvinist and much closer to the neo-cons than to Paulians. A great help to red state fascist hysteria too.

The only reason she supposedly "likes" Paul is because she recognised early on he has far too much conservative credibility to be messed with head on.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 07:44 AM
TW your man-crush on Coulter is frankly embarassing. She is a chauvinist and much closer to the neo-cons than to Paulians. A great help to red state fascist hysteria too.

The only reason she supposedly "likes" Paul is because she recognised early on he has far too much conservative credibility to be messed with head on. I admit to being a Ann fan for the previously posted reasons, but it's hardly a "man-crush". :p She's just about young enough to be my daughter, for Pete's sake. :rolleyes:

With the Kenyan POTUS and the Dumocrap COTUS now, I'm expecting some more really great things from her. :D Stay tuned! ;)

Ann Hart Coulter (born December 8, 1961) is an American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States)political commentator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_commentator), syndicated columnist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syndicated_columnist), and best-selling author (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Author). She frequently appears on television, radio, and as a speaker at public and private events. Known for her controversial and confrontational style, Coulter has described herself as a polemicist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polemicist) who likes to "stir up the pot" and, unlike "broadcasters", does not "pretend to be impartial or balanced".[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter#cite_note-0)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter)

Sandra
03-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Conservatives have cut Coulter. She's no longer a part of the League of Superpundits. Malkin seems to be going too.

So it's ladies first?

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Conservatives have cut Coulter. She's no longer a part of the League of Superpundits. Malkin seems to be going too.

So it's ladies first? Maybe you could just throw her under the bus, like Barry does to folks. :p :(

"The problem with American conservatism is that it hates the left more than the state, loves the past more than liberty, feels a greater attachment to nationalism than to the idea of self-determination, believes brute force is the answer to all social problems, and thinks it is better to impose truth rather than risk losing one soul to heresy. It has never understood the idea of freedom as a self-ordering principle of society. It has never seen the state as the enemy of what conservatives purport to favor. It has always looked to presidential power as the saving grace of what is right and true about America." -- Lew Rockwell

heavenlyboy34
03-16-2009, 08:02 AM
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

C'mon fess up. You're REALLY a fan TOO. < LMAO! >

Okay, I confess. :)

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Okay, I confess. :) ;) :D It's good for the soul, grasshoppa.<IMHO>