PDA

View Full Version : How can I add someone to my ignore list?

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 08:17 AM
any help would be appreciated
thanks

LittleLightShining
03-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Already?

Control panel, edit ignore list.

torchbearer
03-15-2009, 09:26 AM
think of the ignore list as your personal ban hammer.

The One
03-15-2009, 09:28 AM
I've never put anyone on my ignore list. Seems kinda pussy-ish to me. I have a feeling I'm on the ignore list of many others.

LittleLightShining
03-15-2009, 09:32 AM
I use it occasionally but I always end up clearing it after a few days. I can't help myself from wanting to see what people have to say.

torchbearer
03-15-2009, 09:32 AM
You have to be really fucking retard to make my list.
I mean, I don't even put TW on my list... so think of how bad you have to get before you make my ignore list.

ronpaulhawaii
03-15-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't have that option :(

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 09:41 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist)

LittleLightShining
03-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Your title should be Moderator/Super Activist. You're not a tyrant. And I should know. I'm one of your "minions".

The One
03-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I just tried to add myself to my ignore list. It gave me a message that says, "We can't help you ignore yourself." :D

pinkmandy
03-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I just tried to add myself to my ignore list. It gave me a message that says, "We can't help you ignore yourself." :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/akvikefan89/LOL.gif

JoshLowry
03-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Ignore lists don't help.

If someone is being a real idiot/troll/fud poster on the forum, feel free to point out the fallacies in their post.

That or have their post reported to the tyrannical Geheime Staatspolizei!

zach
03-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Ignoring that which you don't like will not challenge you to think more constructively.
;)

Ninja Homer
03-15-2009, 10:31 AM
any help would be appreciated
thanks

Here's what you're looking for:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=addlist&u=1939

The ignore list can just make things more annoying though. If somebody is quoting you and talking shit about you, then you end up having to un-ignore every message of theirs anyway.

My suggestion is just to flag posts and let the moderator take care of it if somebody seems to be pestering you. Some people like to think they have some kind of power because they've been here longer than others, and for some stupid reason they feel it's their job to police the forums. It's not, it's the job of the moderators. All these people do while on their imagined power trip is derail threads, cause fights, and turn new forum members away.

torchbearer
03-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Ignoring that which you don't like will not challenge you to think more constructively.
;)

Have you ever read a post that was so stupid... you left reading it feeling a little less intelligent.
The kind of post that resets your brain because its logic is so illogical, the sum of logic goes beyond absolute zero... and all time stops for a brief second while you think.. what the fuck?
Once in awhile... you come across a person.. whose every post makes this happen to your brain.
That is the person you add to your ignore list.

JoshLowry
03-15-2009, 10:35 AM

The ignore list can just make things more annoying though. If somebody is quoting you and talking shit about you, then you end up having to un-ignore every message of theirs anyway.

My suggestion is just to flag posts and let the moderator take care of it if somebody seems to be pestering you. Some people like to think they have some kind of power because they've been here longer than others, and for some stupid reason they feel it's their job to police the forums. It's not, it's the job of the moderators. All these people do while on their imagined power trip is derail threads, cause fights, and turn new forum members away.

Well said. Reporting a post is much better than following around a member into all of their threads and armchair moderating.

:)

ronpaulhawaii
Your title should be Moderator/Super Activist. You're not a tyrant. And I should know. I'm one of your "minions".

haha - I don't mind having the tyrant moniker, it helps when I have to get serious with someone... and thanks :)

LMAO

+1

zach
Have you ever read a post that was so stupid... you left reading it feeling a little less intelligent.
The kind of post that resets your brain because its logic is so illogical, the sum of logic goes beyond absolute zero... and all time stops for a brief second while you think.. what the fuck?
Once in awhile... you come across a person.. whose every post makes this happen to your brain.

There are always exceptions. :D

slothman
03-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I only ignore trolls - not people I disagree with.
I can always look at their posts if it seems useful.
I only have a few people on it.
P.S.
People should use more dashes and semicolons.

ItsTime
03-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Ive had enough of Josh's crap IGNORE! ;)

The One
03-15-2009, 10:38 AM

Hmmmm......can mods be ignored?

ItsTime
03-15-2009, 10:40 AM
You can not see The One's post because they are on your ignore list

:eek:

zach
03-15-2009, 10:40 AM

Mods are God. They will see your faint attempt at ignoration, and you will experience the HAMMER because of this ignoration.

The One
03-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Mods are God. They will see your faint attempt at ignoration, and you will experience the HAMMER because of this ignoration.

I'd never do it anyway, but it would be kinda fun to put LE on my ignore list just because she's so easily agitated. Watching her get worked up always amuses me.:D

Plus, I strongly suspect she's the one who took away my "Kludge is a douchebag" signature.:(

pcosmar
03-15-2009, 10:47 AM
No one on my ignore list, but I had a thought.
Can I put REALITY on ignore?

Some days I wish it wasn't there. ;)

ItsTime
03-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Oh yeah The One you are really not on my ignore list lol

LibertyEagle
03-15-2009, 10:49 AM

No and unfortunately, we can't ignore some of you guys, either. :p

JoshLowry
03-15-2009, 10:49 AM

/me looks in drawer for my hammer.

The One
03-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Oh yeah The One you are really not on my ignore list lol

That's good cuz I was gonna compliment you on your bad-ass idea about the flyer on Missouri police. I'm jealous....I can't believe I didn't think of that. I've heard so many stories about Missouri cops.

ItsTime
03-15-2009, 10:51 AM
That's good cuz I was gonna compliment you on your bad-ass idea about the flyer on Missouri police. I'm jealous....I can't believe I didn't think of that. I've heard so many stories about Missouri cops.

It wasnt my idea it was Josh's. My idea was to just make a list the flyer was all Josh. Thats what I love about this forum you can start a thread and it blossoms into something awesome.

The One
03-15-2009, 10:53 AM
It wasnt my idea it was Josh's. My idea was to just make a list the flyer was all Josh. Thats what I love about this forum you can start a thread and it blossoms into something awesome.

Still a good idea just to make the list and point out the hypocrisy.:D

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Already?

Control panel, edit ignore list.

lol
make a guess

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 11:18 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist)

the best post on this thread
thanks TW

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Ignore lists don't help.

If someone is being a real idiot/troll/fud poster on the forum, feel free to point out the fallacies in their post.

That or have their post reported to the tyrannical Geheime Staatspolizei!

lol
when youre a noob being pushed around by a 4000+ poster youll understand
thanks JL. Ive already reported my stalker and added them to my ignore list

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 11:21 AM
;)

when its a c**zy old woman with nothing to do but stalking you youll understand

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 11:22 AM

thanks Ninja Homer
advise taken. but this is a severe stalking case

The One
03-15-2009, 11:24 AM
thanks Ninja Homer
advise taken. but this is a severe stalking case

LMAO!!! We officially have our first severe stalking case on RPF's!!! Man, I love this place.

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 11:34 AM
LMAO!!! We officially have our first severe stalking case on RPF's!!! Man, I love this place. Sadly, NOT the first. :( ;)

Truth Warrior
03-15-2009, 11:36 AM
the best post on this thread
thanks TW Pleasure! ;) :)

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 11:38 AM
LMAO!!! We officially have our first severe stalking case on RPF's!!! Man, I love this place.

lol
i doubt im the first. im actually one of many. but unlike the others who decided to engage in a losing battle i decided to do something about it
thats by ignoring the whole problem

misterx
03-15-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't use ignore lists. Ignoring something doesn't make it go away. Besides, no matter how wrong I think someone is, and how infuriating their posts are, there is always the chance that I may not know as much as I think I do.

torchbearer
03-15-2009, 12:43 PM
I don't use ignore lists. Ignoring something doesn't make it go away. Besides, no matter how wrong I think someone is, and how infuriating their posts are, there is always the chance that I may not know as much as I think I do.

The people on my ignore list aren't here anymore.
hmm....

http://www.airmagination.com/jason_voorhees_shirt.jpg

nate895
03-15-2009, 12:47 PM
You have to be really fucking retard to make my list.
I mean, I don't even put TW on my list... so think of how bad you have to get before you make my ignore list.

Yeah, a good portion of my ignore list is people who already have been banned. The others post either rambling posts that make no sense, or they insult people of faith.

angelatc
03-16-2009, 08:07 AM
I don't have that option :(

Well, we can't ban you guys either. ALthough I would *never* ban you. :)

raiha
03-16-2009, 12:31 PM
when its a c**zy old woman with nothing to do but stalking you youll understand
the nature of public forums I guess. You're not flattered i take it? She probably lives in
Australia where Dripping Rain becomes irresistible.

Kludge
03-16-2009, 12:55 PM
I only have Conza and TW ignored, but only because they post really long articles at times, which I'd just glance over anyway. I usually read what they write, anyway.

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
the nature of public forums I guess. You're not flattered i take it? She probably lives in
Australia where Dripping Rain becomes irresistible.

lol. maybe just maybe

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 01:00 PM
I only have Conza and TW ignored, but only because they post really long articles at times, which I'd just glance over anyway. I usually read what they write, anyway.

if you have TW on ignore your missing on a lot of good info he posts some good stuff

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 01:03 PM
if you have TW on ignore your missing on a lot of good info he posts some good stuff Thanks, but I really STRONGLY prefer to be ignored by those who do not wish to see my posts. ;) :)

LittleLightShining
03-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Joseph the Libertarian and Hiki were on my list because they were, well, them. And they posted stuff like they used to post which offended and infuriated me. Matt Collins has made guest appearances on it simply because he annoys me sometimes. But Matt has redeeming qualities as well so I had a hard time keeping him on there.

I would never ignore people just because they disagree with me or I with them. And I really hope no one ignores me. I would rather someone confront me via pm than just ignore me. If I'm annoying, infuriating or offensive please let me know.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Joseph the Libertarian and Hiki were on my list because they were, well, them. And they posted stuff like they used to post which offended and infuriated me. Matt Collins has made guest appearances on it simply because he annoys me sometimes. But Matt has redeeming qualities as well so I had a hard time keeping him on there.

I would never ignore people just because they disagree with me or I with them. And I really hope no one ignores me. I would rather someone confront me via pm than just ignore me. If I'm annoying, infuriating or offensive please let me know. Different strokes for different folks. ;) :)

Uriel999
03-16-2009, 01:12 PM
haha - I don't mind having the tyrant moniker, it helps when I have to get serious with someone... and thanks :)

Tyrant! :D

Yeah, a good portion of my ignore list is people who already have been banned. The others post either rambling posts that make no sense, or they insult people of faith.

So nate isn't that about half of rpf?

if you have TW on ignore your missing on a lot of good info he posts some good stuff

Dude, your new here so I'll let you in on a little secret. TW is not actually a person, but a bot programmed to post Lew Rockwell articles on rpf as they appear on Rockwell's site. Another aspect of the TW bot is to reply to all posts with typically irrelevant quotes through its massive quote generator search engine. The TW bot's sub-programming is trolling once it runs out of Lew Rockwell articles to post.

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 01:19 PM

I would never ignore people just because they disagree with me or I with them. And I really hope no one ignores me. I would rather someone confront me via pm than just ignore me. If I'm annoying, infuriating or offensive please let me know.

lol
your such a sweet person LLS I doubt anyone would ever ignore you. speaking for myself your avatar and name bring me optimism lol

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Dude, your new here so I'll let you in on a little secret. TW is not actually a person, but a bot programmed to post Lew Rockwell articles on rpf as they appear on Rockwell's site. Another aspect of the TW bot is to reply to all posts with typically irrelevant quotes through its massive quote generator search engine. The TW bot's sub-programming is trolling once it runs out of Lew Rockwell articles to post.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist) :)

Uriel999
03-16-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist) :)

damn I forgot about links. Oh and sometimes pie charts. ;)

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 01:36 PM
damn I forgot about links. Oh and sometimes pie charts. ;) Hint: Sometimes I'm just the messenger. ;)

LittleLightShining
03-16-2009, 01:39 PM
lol
your such a sweet person LLS I doubt anyone would ever ignore you. speaking for myself your avatar and name bring me optimism lolAwww... I think I'm gonna cry.

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Tyrant! :D

So nate isn't that about half of rpf?

lmao
i love LRC. but even if truthy was a bot hes a damn good bot. the type of bots people would pay money to have on their sites

Dripping Rain
03-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Awww... I think I'm gonna cry.

i hope its a joyful cry then
youve earned my respect
im sure youve earned the respect of many others LLS. keep up your awsomeness
:)

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 01:59 PM
lmao
i love LRC. but even if truthy was a bot hes a damn good bot. the type of bots people would pay money to have on their sites Damn, I need to raise my rates. :D

Uriel999
03-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Hint: Sometimes I'm just the messenger. ;)

OMG a real comment! The bot is learning! It's self aware! Skkkyyyynet! :D :p

Uriel999
03-16-2009, 02:01 PM
TW1000 is gonna kill us all!

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 02:08 PM
TW1000 is gonna kill us all!

That would constitute a direct and blatant violation of the prime directive.

http://common-law.net/nap.html (http://common-law.net/nap.html)

Uriel999
03-16-2009, 02:12 PM
That would constitute a direct and blatant violation of the prime directive.

http://common-law.net/nap.html (http://common-law.net/nap.html)

Yeah uh huh, I have seen the Terminator documentaries, ya'll can lie to try to blend in...I won't be fooled.

/readies rpg just in case.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Yeah uh huh, I have seen the Terminator documentaries, ya'll can lie to try to blend in...I won't be fooled.

/readies rpg just in case. I laugh at your silly rpg. HA! HA!

Uriel999
03-16-2009, 02:18 PM
I laugh at your silly rpg. HA! HA!

Perhaps I should freeze you in liquid nitrogen and then chuck you into a vat of molten metal? :D

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Perhaps I should freeze you in liquid nitrogen and then chuck you into a vat of molten metal? :D

I laugh at your silly liquid nitrogen and vat of molten metal. HA! HA!

Uriel999
03-16-2009, 02:37 PM
I laugh at your silly liquid nitrogen and vat of molten metal. HA! HA!

Laugh at this!

*nukes TW1000, poos on his ashes, and displays his evil robotic remains in a museum for all to see*

:cool: Unfortunately something tells me he will be back...

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Laugh at this!

*nukes TW1000, poos on his ashes, and displays his evil robotic remains in a museum for all to see*

:cool: Unfortunately something tells me he will be back...

I laugh at your silly TW1000. HA! HA!

Uriel999
03-16-2009, 02:43 PM
I laugh at your silly TW1000. HA! HA!

Whatever TW1000!

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Whatever TW1000!

I laugh at your silly Whatever TW1000! HA! HA!

Uriel999
03-16-2009, 02:55 PM
I laugh at your silly Whatever TW1000! HA! HA!

Now this is just getting redundant

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Now this is just getting redundant

I laugh at your silly just getting redundant! HA! HA!

Theocrat
03-16-2009, 03:11 PM

I agree. Also, I think ignoring people is the forum equivalent of sticking one's fingers into one's ears and screaming "lalalalala" with his eyes closed. No matter how much people may disagree with my views here, I still value their opinions, and so it's good to hear what they have to say and learn.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I agree. Also, I think ignoring people is the forum equivalent of sticking one's fingers into one's ears and screaming "lalalalala" with his eyes closed. No matter how much people may disagree with my views here, I still value their opinions, and so it's good to hear what they have to say and learn. Hmmm? :confused:

LibertyEagle
03-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Hmmm? :confused:

Remove thine fingers from thine ears.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 03:39 PM

Just pulling another LE.

LibertyEagle
03-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Just pulling another LE.

In reality and most unfortunately, Moderators don't have the luxury of putting someone on ignore.

dannno
03-16-2009, 03:43 PM
I've never put anyone on my ignore list. Seems kinda pussy-ish to me. I have a feeling I'm on the ignore list of many others.

This.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2009, 03:44 PM
In reality and most unfortunately, Moderators don't have the luxury of putting someone on ignore.

In reality and most unfortunately, members don't have the luxury of putting Moderators on ignore.

Theocrat
03-16-2009, 03:47 PM

:D

heavenlyboy34
03-16-2009, 03:51 PM
I laugh at your silly just getting redundant! HA! HA!
lmao...you seem to be in good form today, TW. :D;):)

tangent4ronpaul
03-16-2009, 04:21 PM

Only when peaking in on Obama Forums - and then I fear I'd spend most of my time adding all of them to my ignore list... ;)

-t