PDA

View Full Version : I had a problem while signing up for C4L conference

hotbrownsauce
03-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I am a college student and want to get the 75$ ticket. After I selected the student ticket the website said my ticket was 159$ ??? So I did not fill out the Credit Card Information.

Has anyone else registered as a student? Whats a number I can call? I never received an e-mail back.

Thanks!

hotbrownsauce
03-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Bump!

RonPaulVolunteer
03-15-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure how many will be at the March 27 event. I lead one of the most active groups in the nation, and none of us are coming. We're staging our own local event. We don't need yet another pep rally, we took a 3 month break and got right back into it. I don't see any need or point to another conference. People need to get involved at the local level, not travel to conferences to tickle itching ears.

hotbrownsauce
03-18-2009, 12:33 AM
I live in St. Louis RP volunteer

AuH2O
03-18-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm not sure how many will be at the March 27 event. I lead one of the most active groups in the nation, and none of us are coming. We're staging our own local event. We don't need yet another pep rally, we took a 3 month break and got right back into it. I don't see any need or point to another conference. People need to get involved at the local level, not travel to conferences to tickle itching ears.

I don't think the point of this, or any future conference, is to be merely a pep rally or sign waving. If you have read any of the promotion of the conference, one of the main selling points is legitimate and valuable grassroots education. Certainly people getting involved at a local level is important, as you say, but I believe these conferences exist to teach people techniques to be more effective in their local involvement.

Debbie Hopper
03-18-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm sorry that you ran into a problem in registering online. You can call Allison at the national office and she'll be happy to help you. The number is (703) 347-6886

In case you aren't aware of it, Young Americans for Liberty is offering $50 scholarships for the conference. As I understand it, they've been able to help every student that has applied to date. I believe you can apply for the scholarship on the YAL website.

Debbie Hopper
03-18-2009, 01:10 AM
I don't think the point of this, or any future conference, is to be merely a pep rally or sign waving. If you have read any of the promotion of the conference, one of the main selling points is legitimate and valuable grassroots education. Certainly people getting involved at a local level is important, as you say, but I believe these conferences exist to teach people techniques to be more effective in their local involvement.

AuH2O is correct. The purpose of the regional conference is to train not to entertain. Although we certainly hope everyone will enjoy themselves. :)

speciallyblend
03-18-2009, 02:34 AM
AuH2O is correct. The purpose of the regional conference is to train not to entertain. Although we certainly hope everyone will enjoy themselves. :)

exactly , i know if my wife wasn't hurt and i wasn't working the first place i would go would be St Louis:) so anyone in the region that can go, GO:)

Matt Collins
03-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Not sure if I'm going to make it or not. I have to engineer the audio for Sugar Hill Gang the next Monday at a concert on a Florida beach. We'll see what happens.

RonPaulVolunteer
03-18-2009, 10:10 PM

The the training can be filmed and put online. With the economy the way it is, most can not afford to go, and people that are active like us are far too busy to go. Create a DVD set and let us buy them. At such a crucial time, spending so much time and resources to educate so few should be criminal. It's a stupid idea. IM-not-so-HO.

Austin
03-18-2009, 10:31 PM
The the training can be filmed and put online. With the economy the way it is, most can not afford to go, and people that are active like us are far too busy to go. Create a DVD set and let us buy them. At such a crucial time, spending so much time and resources to educate so few should be criminal. It's a stupid idea. IM-not-so-HO.

The training is supposed to be put online. At least, Tom Woods' presentation will be. It's a 6 (?) part lecture and the material will be available for dues-paying members of CFL.

Debbie, please correct me if I am wrong.