watch the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555xHL4VYwk

heres another view on it
http://www.breakthematrix.com/node/34103

im not sure what to make of this

constituent
03-14-2009, 09:46 AM
you say "scary stuff"

i'm curious as to what scares you? the concept of a "rape tree," or the notion that it's all malarky...

Dripping Rain
03-14-2009, 09:53 AM
you say "scary stuff"

i'm curious as to what scares you? the concept of a "rape tree," or the notion that it's all malarky...

the concept of a rape tree

constituent
03-14-2009, 10:08 AM
the concept of a rape tree

since it's shown to be b.s., what's the problem?

this is just another attempt to smear and scapegoat coyotes.

Dripping Rain
03-14-2009, 10:10 AM
since it's shown to be b.s., what's the problem?

this is just another attempt to smear and scapegoat coyotes.

both sides are speculating
i havent seen solid proof from neither but i do agree with the girl in the video
women dont just hang their underwear like that. its all weird
i said im still unsure what to make but if truely is a rape tree then I really feel sorry for those illegal immigrants

constituent
03-14-2009, 10:18 AM
both sides are speculating
i havent seen solid proof from neither but i do agree with the girl in the video
women dont just hang their underwear like that. its all weird
i said im still unsure what to make but if truely is a rape tree then I really feel sorry for those illegal immigrants

Well, not to say that women aren't frequently victimized on the border, particularly frequent crossers. It's not a systematic thing though.

More often than not, you find clothes out in the wild it's because someone got them wet or muddy and shed them to prevent skin irritation, welts and the like. While making haste, it's hard to stand around and wait for your bra/panties to dry (not that the group you're probably running with is willing to wait)... Just grab your shirt and go.

Kludge
03-14-2009, 10:23 AM
When I originally read this story, I was as shocked as when my baptist uncle preacher made me a condom tree for my 14th birthday.

Dripping Rain
03-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Well, not to say that women aren't frequently victimized on the border, particularly frequent crossers. It's not a systematic thing though.

More often than not, you find clothes out in the wild it's because someone got them wet or muddy and shed them to prevent skin irritation, welts and the like. While making haste, it's hard to stand around and wait for your bra/panties to dry (not that the group you're probably running with is willing to wait)... Just grab your shirt and go.

good point you make. but my point is if this is true then its really sick and shameful. theres so much crap happening because of illegal immigration. the incentive needs to be removed

Dripping Rain
03-14-2009, 11:06 AM
When I originally read this story, I was as shocked as when my baptist uncle preacher made me a condom tree for my 14th birthday.

thats sick
why the eff would your uncle do that?

Sandra
03-14-2009, 11:21 AM
good point you make. but my point is if this is true then its really sick and shameful. theres so much crap happening because of illegal immigration. the incentive needs to be removed

Myths framed as fact in debate?

Dripping Rain
03-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Myths framed as fact in debate?

what debate are you talking about?

Uriel999
03-14-2009, 01:20 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought immediately about the scene from Evil Dead...

Madcat455
03-14-2009, 01:23 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought immediately about the scene from Evil Dead...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

seriously though.. could we be witnessing the next step in the evolution of the "Tree Hugger"??

But.. in their defense. HOW do we know that those trees didn't give their consent?? I don't speak "Tree"... so am unable to offer any kind of observation as to whether or not the tree was in fact "Raped".. or if it was a willing partner.

Dripping Rain
03-14-2009, 01:27 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

seriously though.. could we be witnessing the next step in the evolution of the "Tree Hugger"??

But.. in their defense. HOW do we know that those trees didn't give their consent?? I don't speak "Tree"... so am unable to offer any kind of observation as to whether or not the tree was in fact "Raped".. or if it was a willing partner.

to those of you laughing this is not funny
its a serious matter. one thing i know for sure its not funny to joke about rape
wherever it happened
and please dont hijack the thread thanks

Sandra
03-14-2009, 03:19 PM
to those of you laughing this is not funny
its a serious matter. one thing i know for sure its not funny to joke about rape
wherever it happened
and please dont hijack the thread thanks

Quit posting useless threads and they won't. I am getting so tired of these bogus threads. I know you're new here but we are getting smothered with these things.

Deborah K
03-14-2009, 08:44 PM
The rape trees are real. We happened upon one during a patrol around a year and a half ago. It made me throw up. It's a power play by the coyotes. The immigrants are desperate to get over here and they pay a lot of money to those creeps only to be further oppressed and exploited.

A fellow minuteman told me a story about how during one patrol, he and his team (three others) heard a woman being gang raped on the mexican side. They couldn't see where it was happening because it was in the middle of the night. He said they felt so helpless to do anything. So they flashed lights and raised hell. He said it caused a bout of depression for the team.

Here's an area where illegal aliens dump their trash, etc. - AFTER they've crossed. One of those trees with lady's undergarments was found in this area:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2zrq1xv.jpg

Sandra
03-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Urban legend.

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&webtag=ab-urbanlegends&tid=9902

LibertyEagle
03-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Urban legend.

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&webtag=ab-urbanlegends&tid=9902

That's not proof that this is an urban legend, Sandra. At least that I saw.

Zuras
03-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Urban legend.

A synopsis for that rather wordy, uhh, blog:
-------
Rape trees don't exist cause I say so. And I'm a "feminist" who is worried about all these racist ultra-conservative types concerned about non-issues like this one.
------

I'm somehow unconvinced. Call me a cynic.

Deborah K
03-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Urban legend.

You didn't see what I saw.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-14-2009, 09:29 PM
It would be fairly easy to disprove. The tree in the video depicted several garments. So where is the scientific forensic evidence to refute it?

Next time you take a video and you come across a tree with a bunch of undergarments check sizes and labels.

Only thing I have seen so far is a bunch of female undergarments on trees and speculation.

pcosmar
03-14-2009, 09:34 PM
It is actually documented in several watch groups and a number of articles.
http://www.tucsonweekly.com/gbase/Currents/Content?oid=oid%3A111613

I guess if it is not immediately reported to the proper authorities it never happened. :rolleyes:

Even odder is that those that are accused of hate are the few that seem to have any compassion or concern over this tragedy. :(

Deborah K
03-14-2009, 09:36 PM
I guess the mexican women who come over think it's a nice little gag to hang their underwear on trees: http://desertvisions.us/tree.swf

Ask the border patrol and the EMIs who rescue these women if this is a gag?

specsaregood
03-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Urban legend.

Let me get this straight, you posted many doubts on the legitimacy of the MO state patrol document despite having many posters here personally call to confirm it; yet you rest your case on the "rape trees" being an urban legend based on a simple web post claiming it is an urban legend without any evidence to it being an urban legend? Seriously?

Zuras
03-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Let me get this straight, you posted many doubts on the legitimacy of the MO state patrol document despite having many posters here personally call to confirm it; yet you rest your case on the "rape trees" being an urban legend based on a simple web post claiming it is an urban legend without any evidence to it being an urban legend? Seriously?

But you failed to mention the fact she is a "feminist" blogger living in Texas. You aren't a bigot, are you? So don't question truth by proclamation.

LibertyEagle
03-14-2009, 09:53 PM
but you failed to mention the fact she is a "feminist" blogger living in texas. You aren't a bigot, are you? So don't question truth by proclamation.

What????

Zuras
03-14-2009, 09:56 PM
What????

http://science.kukuchew.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/dilbert-sarcasm-supportiveness-difference.jpg

LibertyEagle
03-14-2009, 09:58 PM
That is exactly what I was wondering about YOUR post. Which is why I asked.

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 04:08 AM
Quit posting useless threads and they won't. I am getting so tired of these bogus threads. I know you're new here but we are getting smothered with these things.

Quit your witch hunt and quit being such a turnoff
youre making more enemies than friends. not that you need any
if you keep being a negative nancy ill be forced to add you on my ignore list
please be respectful.
ps this is called the general politics forum
if you dont like it then apply for a mod job and ban those you disagree with so that you can have your authoritarian internet Utopia
for now Im counting on the mods to determine whats good and whats not
hey why not become proactive and adding "non-bogus" threads for a change

Sandra
03-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Quit your witch hunt and quit being such a turnoff
youre making more enemies than friends. not that you need any
if you keep being a negative nancy ill be forced to add you on my ignore list
please be respectful.
ps this is called the general politics forum
if you dont like it then apply for a mod job and ban those you disagree with so that you can have your authoritarian internet Utopia
for now Im counting on the mods to determine whats good and whats not
hey why not become proactive and adding "non-bogus" threads for a change

Sweetie, you just showed up five days ago and dominated the thread race. About

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=3281693

The One
03-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Is this anything like those chewing gum trees everybody sticks their gum on at amusement parks?

constituent
03-15-2009, 07:11 AM
A fellow minuteman told me a story about how during one patrol, he and his team (three others) heard a woman being gang raped on the mexican side.

Hardly a reliable source, sorry.

pcosmar
03-15-2009, 07:20 AM

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
Point less post too. :(

pcosmar
03-15-2009, 07:37 AM
I fail to understand why so many are so calloused on this issue.
I get the fact that some hate the Minutemen, but the exploitation of people on the border is well documented by both LE and other watch groups.
Women are abused by both the smugglers and by authorities.
I personally find rape disgusting regardless of who is doing it or the legal status of the victim.
http://www.themonitor.com/articles/garcia_23546___article.html/agent_patrol.html
http://www.latina.com/lifestyle/news-politics/rape-trees-found-along-southern-us-border
http://www.texasobserver.org/article.php?aid=2963

constituent
03-15-2009, 07:42 AM
I personally find rape disgusting regardless of who is doing it or the legal status of the victim.

I don't think anyone is arguing that...

Do "rape trees" exist, are they a systemic occurrence, is spreading even more border propaganda a good thing?

These are the questions of this thread, as far as I can see.

LibertyEagle
03-15-2009, 07:43 AM

So what?

He's as free to start new threads as anyone else, as long as he does not break forum guidelines.

Sandra
03-15-2009, 08:03 AM
So what?

He's as free to start new threads as anyone else, as long as he does not break forum guidelines.

I think all of us have been on forums long enough to watch out for posting behavior, and signing up 5 days ago and starting about 1/3 of the threads then "taking the lead"is one of them. But La la la on if ya wish.

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 08:05 AM
I think all of us have been on forums long enough to watch out for posting behavior, and signing up 5 days ago and starting about 1/3 of the threads then "taking the lead"is one of them. But La la la on if ya wish.

congratulations
you just made it on my crap list

edit: how can i add someone to my ignore list?

LibertyEagle
03-15-2009, 08:06 AM
If someone breaks forum guidelines, then flag it; otherwise let's just welcome the new forum members, ok?

LibertyEagle
03-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Ok guys.... both of you just cool it.

pcosmar
03-15-2009, 08:09 AM
I don't think anyone is arguing that...

Do "rape trees" exist, are they a systemic occurrence, is spreading even more border propaganda a good thing?

These are the questions of this thread, as far as I can see.

Fine, Ok.
There are the pictures from several sources (LE ,land owners, and Border watch groups) there are victims descriptions of what happened there,as well as the description of some who were near the area but did not actually see it happen.( just the evidence afterward)

If you have some kind of proof that it is NOT happening please present it.

Sandra
03-15-2009, 08:11 AM

Take your own advice, LE! You seem to be the poster child for bad behaviour this morning!

Sandra
03-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Fine, Ok.
There are the pictures from several sources (LE ,land owners, and Border watch groups) there are victims descriptions of what happened there,as well as the description of some who were near the area but did not actually see it happen.( just the evidence afterward)

If you have some kind of proof that it is NOT happening please present it.

You must PROVE A CLAIM. Othrwise it's unproven.:rolleyes:

pcosmar
03-15-2009, 08:15 AM
You must PROVE A CLAIM. Othrwise it's unproven.:rolleyes:

I don't have to prove shit to YOU.
You are becoming ever more irrelevant.

Dripping Rain
03-15-2009, 08:15 AM

im cool
thanks LE
shes been harassing me since the day ive joined. i always ignored her and never attacked her. check my posting history and hers
ive already reported her post. i dont have the time to report all her attacks. gtg have breakfast
thanks and have a good day

Sandra
03-15-2009, 08:18 AM
im cool
thanks LE
shes been harassing me since the day ive joined. i always ignored her and never attacked her. check my posting history and hers
ive already reported her post. i dont have the time to report all her attacks. gtg have breakfast
thanks and have a good day

Curios what the leading topic is at the Daily Paul. Seems a lot of RP discussion forums are being overrun in the last couple of weeks.

LibertyEagle
03-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Enough, Sandra.

Stop it.

Sandra
03-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Why did both you and RPH give me separate infractions for the same post? Didn't Cowlesy make the same comment about Dripping Rains appearance?

LibertyEagle
03-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Sandra, I did not give you an infraction; I sent you a PM.

Didn't Cowlesy make the same comment about Dripping Rains appearance?
I don't see a post by Cowlesy in this thread. Regardless, Cowlesy is a Moderator; you're not. Please just flag things that you are concerned about.

Cowlesy
03-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Why did both you and RPH give me separate infractions for the same post? Didn't Cowlesy make the same comment about Dripping Rains appearance?

Sandra, perhaps it would have been in better taste for me to send a PM in the other thread. My concern has been resolved, via PM.

Please refrain from following this poster around the board, creating harassing posts. If a post violates the forum guidelines, flag it. If you have a personal issue with a poster, PM them.

Thanks.

The One
03-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Drama llama in da hizouse!!!!!!

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-15-2009, 09:42 AM
I have reviewed all of the links posted. The news article that mentions a previous rape conviction occurred in a hotel. I still only see a collection of pictures with undergarments and speculation.

The people who took the pictures sure as hell could have done a better job by just doing a further examination of garment labels in their videos or pictures.

Sandra made one point I have to agree with. When you make a claim you are supposed to present the evidence to prove it. How many threads have gotten beat down around here because they were unconfirmed.

The pictures of trees with undergarments is certainly out of the ordinary. The matter should be investigated further.

The One
03-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Maybe some chick was washing her drawers, hung them up on a tree to dry, and then had to leave without them for some reason. I've left many pairs of socks at the river for various reasons.

TruckinMike
03-15-2009, 06:17 PM
All of this yap about whether there is a rape tree or isn't -- really shouldn't be the point of argument. The real point arguable to some would be -- do the coyotes and others rape fellow illegals on their way across the border? YES. And murder them to. Whether its on a tree, a bush, or sand is irrelevant. But it does happen.

Enforce our current laws on employers and this would stop.

TMike

DAFTEK
03-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Excuse me but where do people expect that i dry my undies when camping overnight now?

Sandra
03-15-2009, 06:46 PM
On your truck antenna with clothespins. Drive 65 mph for 30 minutes.