PDA

View Full Version : Give Glenn Beck a Chance!

jack555
03-14-2009, 12:40 AM
It is obvious he has changed his views and that Ron Paul had a huge impact on him.

This may be the closest we have to a mainstream figure helping our cause. Don't throw it away.

If you want to sleep with one eye open that is fine but you should not just disgard his help.

I mean the guy is quoting Jefferson, how much more do u guys want! I know his foreign policy is bad but hes starting to come around. Keep and eye on him but I think hating on him all the time is very unwise.

Kludge
03-14-2009, 12:43 AM
LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even performed for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE GLENN ALONE!…..Please.

Original_Intent
03-14-2009, 12:44 AM
The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Original_Intent
03-14-2009, 12:44 AM

OK, your response was better. :p

sevin
03-14-2009, 07:18 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/humerus.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1319)

Bruno
03-14-2009, 07:20 AM
I take Glenn Beck with a grain of salt and trust him and his sincerity as far as I can throw him.

"With that bad back, Ed, you shouldn't be throwing anybody."

That said, I am glad to see him bringing up a number of important topics in the past year or so, and having favorable interviews with Ron Paul.

pcosmar
03-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Give Glenn Beck a Chance!

Shit
Give him enough rope.

Damn folks, he is a propaganda mouthpiece. Filter everything he or anyone else in the MSN says.

Catatonic
03-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Trust Beck and he will burn you eventually, guaranteed.

Johnnybags
03-14-2009, 07:27 AM
a fellow Mormon who will magically become Glenns choice for Pres. Mitt will reinvent himself into Ron Paul but for the war and marijuana stance. Mitt will be calling for a smaller gubmint etc as the economy implodes even more over the next few years. I'll wager 1-9 within a few short months to a year or so it will become evident. FAUX News gets to pick the new Repub frontrunner. And Beck will be peddling new books.

voytechs
03-14-2009, 07:32 AM
I totally disagree. I think show ratings had an impact on him, not Ron Paul. He is still a neocon through and through. I can't believe how quickly people forget and switch sides. Next we'll be hearing about Hannity and O'R how libertarian they've become. Grow up children and stick to your principles.

A. Havnes
03-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Glenn isn't out to get anybody, I don't think. However, he's definately not on the same page as us.

ItsTime
03-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Use Glenn like the tool he is. This is a good opening to talk to the people you know that watch faux news about liberty.

ihsv
03-14-2009, 08:08 AM

Muaaaaaahahahhahahhahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original_Intent
03-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Shit
Give him enough rope.

Damn folks, he is a propaganda mouthpiece. Filter everything he or anyone else in the MSN says.

Yep. Ever since I joined the JBS 20 years ago I pretty much evaluate what ANYONE says, that goes for Alex Jones and Ron Paul himself. Of course the level of SCRUTINY varies from one source to another - I mean there are some folks that it is not a question of IF they are spouting propaganda, it's just a question of WHAT KIND of propaganda...

I still have hope that Glenn comes around, for his own sake, not for mine. He definitely seems a little nuts (Multiple personallity), but it is hard to tell if that is just his TV persona or the real guy.

There are definitely some on the airwaves that are dead to me - F U Frank and Sean Hannity leap to mind. GB hasn't reached that level in my book.

AuH20
03-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Beck always had a maverick streak at Headline News. His foreign policy views were the only thing holding him back. Unlike like the rest of the conspiracy theorists, I believe the man's transformation to be sincere.

zach
03-14-2009, 09:54 AM
He's part of the money-making machine.
Freedom is popular, and if that means more people wake up because of him, then great.

I also think he's like this because it's causing Fox to get more bucks.
If there's a demand for something, then there needs to be supply for it.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-14-2009, 10:05 AM
I take Glenn Beck with a grain of salt and trust him and his sincerity as far as I can throw him.

"With that bad back, Ed, you shouldn't be throwing anybody."

That said, I am glad to see him bringing up a number of important topics in the past year or so, and having favorable interviews with Ron Paul.

"Go suck your head." :D

constituent
03-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Beck always had a maverick streak at Headline News. His foreign policy views were the only thing holding him back. Unlike like the rest of the conspiracy theorists, I believe the man's transformation to be sincere.

you were also "appalled by the failings of the bush administration," so what's that say?

AuH20
03-14-2009, 10:17 AM
you were also "appalled by the failings of the bush administration," so what's that say?

So quick how you forget!;) Please watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc

Was that ron paul?

constituent
03-14-2009, 10:20 AM
So quick how you forget!;) Please watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc

Was that ron paul?

You call them "failings," I say that by and large, it was his "failings" alone that saved our ass.

Though, it's a common write-off for those who helped elect him ;)

AuH20
03-14-2009, 10:23 AM
You call them "failings," I say that by and large, it was his "failings" alone that saved our ass.

Though, it's a common write-off for those who helped elect him ;)

But did you hear what he was saying? Odd hearing him sound like a libertarian of sorts? Eh? ;):D

constituent
03-14-2009, 10:23 AM
But did you hear what he was saying? Odd hearing him sound like a libertarian of sorts? Eh? ;):D

There should be a lesson there for you.

satchelmcqueen
03-14-2009, 02:20 PM
all i know is how fox news treated us last year and our views. they censored paul. how can that possibly change in less than a year? it cant. beck is their voice right now.

i did give him a chance and another few chances. every time, he would slip up and say some thing that just showed that he wasnt true. it just happens to much now for me to take him serious. fridays show was nothing but theater. monday forward will be the new beck,again, 3.0.

JoshLowry
03-14-2009, 02:27 PM

Quoted so we can come back to this in two years and see how accurate your prediction will be.

Hopefully you're still around. :)

Beck's a total tool of the media, he's like the cashier at the register of a fast food joint. The managers of the fast food place are his producers, and the owner is the elite oligarchy that tries and successfully manipulates so much of this world.

pinkmandy
03-14-2009, 02:31 PM
If Beck's sincere then I sincerely look forward to the piece he's getting ready to do on the Missouri pamphlets which stand against everything he 'believes' in. I'm sure he's just as outraged as us and is doing an investigative report on this asap along w/the exposing these fusion centers. Considering his own words make him a target as well along with his open admiration of Bob Barr I know he must be livid. Think it will be fairly presented on his show Monday? Or ignored? Or marginalized? I guess we'll see.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Use Glenn like the tool he is. This is a good opening to talk to the people you know that watch faux news about liberty.

this.

pacelli
03-14-2009, 03:21 PM
... and we're riding on the unsinkable ship.

Conza88
03-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Quoted so we can come back to this in two years and see how accurate your prediction will be.

Hopefully you're still around. :)

Beck's a total tool of the media, he's like the cashier at the register of a fast food joint. The managers of the fast food place are his producers, and the owner is the elite oligarchy that tries and successfully manipulates so much of this world.

http://www.mojosonic.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/clap.gif

:D

JoshLowry
03-14-2009, 03:42 PM
http://www.mojosonic.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/clap.gif

:D

Context stolen from KRS1 in his bit on the obama deception.

It works though!:o

Freedom 4 all
03-14-2009, 06:15 PM
I'd call him a middle of the road conservative. Is Glenn WAAAY better than Hannity, Bush, O'Reilly, McCain, Malkin and the hardcore neocon crew? I'd say the answer is yes without question. Is he anywhere near as good as Paul, Goldwater, Baldwin, Rockwell and friends, Schiff and the libertarian side? I'd have to say no with equal certainty. I believe a man can change though and if he becomes dedicated to liberty even when it's not the flavour de jour then I'll give him a chance for sure.

Zuras
03-14-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm really tired of reading all these Beck-tards. Strangely, they aren't "Fans", the beck-tards filling this forum can't let a single day pass without talking about Beck, yet he is just a "tool" to be ignored.

Me thinks you doth protest too much.

And you do. STFU already. Tired of hearing about Beck and tired of hearing your opinions about him rehashed every day.

TastyWheat
03-15-2009, 10:48 AM
With a bigtime statist like Obama in office I even hear Sean Hannity quoting Jefferson on a daily basis.

Liberty Star
03-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Sure, everyone deserves a second chance. But has he apologized for this?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2002992&postcount=1

Or he is just being a fair weather opportunist like many of the other media hacks and swings with the wind without admitting past mistakes?