PDA

View Full Version : GOP: NON social Conservative Michael Steele needs OUR help!

GunnyFreedom
03-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Michael Steele, the new GOP Chairman, subject of much controversy, recently said some things that put him on the wrong side of the social conservatives. I don't really like the way he phrased his statements; and the site itself is playing up the question to skew the results.

But the bottom line is that he has made it clear that social conservatism is NOT the future of the GOP.

Currently the following poll has him at 57,649 to 3,784 calling for his resignation.

Please, consider using our considerable might at the online polls to reject this backwards insanity. The GOP is moving in the right direction, let's not let the social neanderthals and troglodytes claim the party of Ron Paul as their own.

thanks so much!

Edited to add: the link to the poll

http://www.afa.net/petitions/steele/TakeSurvey.asp

Epic
03-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm pretty sure he said he personally believed it could be settled at the state level, not that abortion should be legal.

GunnyFreedom
03-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm pretty sure he said he personally believed it could be settled at the state level, not that abortion should be legal.

regardless (and I particularly agree with that view, btw); the way I see it is:

Michael Steel wants LESS social conservatism in the GOP.
The GOP Establishment (who hated us and Ron Paul) wants more.

This poll may be used as ammunition to force him to moderate his position.

Let's take the ammo away from the neocons and the radical religious right.

ronpaulhawaii
03-13-2009, 10:20 PM
gonna be a tough sell here, considering Steele's treatment of us. But I like your thinking and the idea of leverage. I'll look into this tomorrow

btw, where is the link?

LibertyEagle
03-13-2009, 10:25 PM

Yes and that would be Ron Paul's stance too.

GunnyFreedom
03-13-2009, 11:11 PM
gonna be a tough sell here, considering Steele's treatment of us. But I like your thinking and the idea of leverage. I'll look into this tomorrow

btw, where is the link?

BWAHAHA! LOL, OK, silly me:

http://www.afa.net/petitions/steele/TakeSurvey.asp

(will edit OP)

Trust me, I am not at all a Michael Steele fan. He was not my choice by a LONG shot.

However, what we (the Ron Paul folks who are pushing up through the GOP) need to do in the GOP will be a lot easier without 1) Steele replaced by a hard-core social conservative, or 2) Steele having his hand forced to support their ideology.

LibertyEagle
03-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I looked over there and seeing as how Steele is pro-abortion and apparently wants to keep Roe vs. Wade, I'm not voting to keep him. Now, if he would have said that this should be a state issue, that would have been a different thing. But, he didn't.

GunnyFreedom
03-13-2009, 11:52 PM
I looked over there and seeing as how Steele is pro-abortion and apparently wants to keep Roe vs. Wade, I'm not voting to keep him. Now, if he would have said that this should be a state issue, that would have been a different thing. But, he didn't.

I am opposed to Roe V Wade; and I am completely with Ron Paul on this issue. My primary concern here was efficacy. YMMV. :)

Athan
03-14-2009, 12:54 AM
I pretty much agree with you Gunny, but tactically isn't this kind of like resuscitating a dead horse? If it was alive (and in play) it would be one thing, but you've arrived at the scene to late and rigormortis (the social conservative movement) has set in.

As a movement this thing is kind of like supporting the bailout of failed institutions. He had three strikes against him. Attacking Ron Paul, ridiculing Limbaugh, and abortion. He pissed off EVERYBODY with his mouth and that is just a liability like Joe Biden. That isn't including his plan to bring back the G.O.P. which is make it a hip hop laugh off.

Your trying to strike a blow against the establishment but this is a weak and potentially embarrasing position. Remember WE are providing the alternatives, arguments, and energy as the economy weakens and collapses. They have nothing but cannibalization of their own members.

LittleLightShining
03-14-2009, 06:44 AM
I looked over there and seeing as how Steele is pro-abortion and apparently wants to keep Roe vs. Wade, I'm not voting to keep him. Now, if he would have said that this should be a state issue, that would have been a different thing. But, he didn't.Exactly. If he wants to be less socially conservative let's hear him talking about ending the war on drugs.

Abortion is wrong. I agree with LE a million %.

pcosmar
03-14-2009, 09:17 AM
The GOP is going to continue to be a tool of the Globalists.
Sorry, I tried in my area, I saw the disgusting face of the party politics.
The GOP Put a fork in it. :(

angelatc
03-14-2009, 09:23 AM

Steele is not pro-abortion. THat's not what he said. It is the same type of thing that landed Paul in hot water with the war mongers when Paul allegedly "blamed America" during the debate, and the Dems claiming that Rush said he wants America to fail.

Here's Steele's clarification:

I am pro-life, always have been, always will be.
I tried to present why I am pro life while recognizing that my mother had a “choice” before deciding to put me up for adoption. I thank her every day for supporting life. The strength of the pro life movement lies in choosing life and sharing the wisdom of that choice with those who face difficult circumstances. They did that for my mother and I am here today because they did. In my view Roe vs. Wade was wrongly decided and should be repealed. I realize that there are good people in our party who disagree with me on this issue.
But the Republican Party is and will continue to be the party of life. I support our platform and its call for a Human Life Amendment. It is important that we stand up for the defenseless and that we continue to work to change the hearts and minds of our fellow countrymen so that we can welcome all children and protect them under the law.

The AFA is exactly the kind of group that I do not want representing me.

speciallyblend
03-14-2009, 09:26 AM
let the neo-cons and steele marginalize themselves, nothing these 2 are selling are worth anything. NOBODY IS BUYING WHAT they are saying!!

The fact is we stay with our message ,if the neo-cons and the failed gop leadership do not follow us .They will marginalize themselves while we continue to GROW!!

the gop leadership has nothing for sell worth buying and neither do the neo-cons in the party!!

Oue Message Sells ,if the gop fails to understand that. Then they will fall like the whigs!!

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 10:41 AM
"the gop leadership has nothing for sell worth buying and neither do the neo-cons in the party!!"

*I* am now part of the 'GOP Leadership,' and so could all of you had been had everyone followed Ron Paul's advice last year. :rolleyes:

It's not even that hard to get into positions of leadership in the GOP. North Carolina, at least, has taken RP's advice, and within 4 years the ENTIRE NC GOP may as well be called the NC Ron Paul party.

But hey, if our plan wan't working, then people wouldn't be bad-mouthing it. I just had expected that the *last* people to be bad-mouthing a successful Ron Paul strategy, would be Ron Paul supporters.

Who knew?

speciallyblend
03-14-2009, 10:43 AM
"the gop leadership has nothing for sell worth buying and neither do the neo-cons in the party!!"

*I* am now part of the 'GOP Leadership,' and so could all of you had been had everyone followed Ron Paul's advice last year. :rolleyes:

It's not even that hard to get into positions of leadership in the GOP. North Carolina, at least, has taken RP's advice, and within 4 years the ENTIRE NC GOP may as well be called the NC Ron Paul party.

But hey, if our plan wan't working, then people wouldn't be bad-mouthing it. I just had expected that the *last* people to be bad-mouthing a successful Ron Paul strategy, would be Ron Paul supporters.

Who knew?

well if you continue to combine yourself with the neo-cons then most voters view you as a bush/neo-con. you can stay a republican like i am yet distance yourself from
the failed leadership and neo-cons.

if you do not seperate yourself from them,then most will view you as one

March 19th we will have a better brandname to sell us as republicans.

Dripping Rain
03-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Steele ruined himself
he gave a bad interview
hes either lying or hes still undecided on the life of the innocent unborn
you cant have it both ways. you get blow back when you say comments like the ones he said

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Re: Abortion

My own belief regarding when life begins, is informed by my belief in God, and what is revealed in scripture. According to my understanding of the Word, the life/soul incorporated in the blood, and is thus formed when the child begins to manufacture and utilize it's own blood cells. This happens (if I recall correctly) around week 6 or 7.

Now, that having been said, I also believe that the more controversial an issue, the more locally it need to be held. Thus, abortion should, by law, be a state's issue. Roe V. Wade amounts to a federal usurpation of what by rights and Constitutional writ, belongs to the State.

Therefore, my opinion is that life begins in the 6th or 7th week of pregnancy; but the legality of abortion should be up to the several states, and Roe v. Wade is unconstitutional. I, myself, would choose to live in a state that prevented abortions after the 6th week except for exigent circumstances involving a significant risk of the death of the mother.

I consider that issue to be a question of the basic right to life codified in the Constitution, and not a question of subjective morality. Not a question of social conservatism, but a question of Constitutional rights.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 10:49 AM
well if you continue to combine yourself with the neo-cons then most voters view you as a bush/neo-con. you can stay a republican like i am yet distance yourself fro mthe failed leadership and neo-cons.

if you do not seperate yourself from them,then most will view you as one

RIIIIIIGHT, I am a neocon because I chose the course of taking over the leadership of the GOP from the inside. :rolleyes:

Nevermind that I attained County vice-chair and state committees by REFUTING neoconservatism and social conservatism. Nevermind that I attained GOP leadership by demanding we obey the CONSTITUTION in ALL respects. :mad: :mad:

Sometimes I think you people WANT to fail. :(

pcosmar
03-14-2009, 10:59 AM
RIIIIIIGHT, I am a neocon because I chose the course of taking over the leadership of the GOP from the inside. :rolleyes:

Ok , I understand your position, and I wish you luck. You will need it.
There are a few small victories in isolated places, for that I commend you.
I just don't believe that the real power players are going to allow the party to change.

Prove me wrong. I would welcome that too.
Try this.
Get the GOP to denounce the Missouri Police flier Publicly.
I want to see them call it a threat to Civil Liberty.
Impress me.

He Who Pawns
03-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Michael "Tin Foil" Steele is a loser. F him.

We need a libertarian-leaning RNC head.

speciallyblend
03-14-2009, 11:02 AM

Nevermind that I attained County vice-chair and state committees by REFUTING neoconservatism and social conservatism. Nevermind that I attained GOP leadership by demanding we obey the CONSTITUTION in ALL respects. :mad: :mad:

dude get with the program and stop making thinks up. i never called you a neo-con i said if you do not distance your self from the failed leadership and the neo-cons then average voters will view you as one or you will have to take 1-2 hrs per person to explain why your not a BUSH NEO-CON,

I am telling you the gop brandname isn't worth a dam. I would rather try to sell someone a bag of manure before i mention the gop or their failed platform

I am a REPUBLICAN, i am telling you the problem with the gop is the brandname and that most people view the gop and the republican party as bush fascists!
that is about to change when Republicans and voters from all parties unite under a new gop faction that is worth selling!!!

If your a neo-con or a big government then what i say applies to you,if not then why get your panties in a fix!

I am a Republican but the gop does not represent me. To me there is a difference . you are a republican i do not identify you as a failed gop leader. it only applies to the folks it applies to ,so unless your a big goverment loving neo-con ,then nothing i have said here applies to you!!!

we will finally have a gop worth selling on march 19th:)

pcosmar
03-14-2009, 11:06 AM
I am telling you the gop brandname isn't worth a dam. I would rather try to sell someone a bag of manure before i mention the gop or their failed platform

I'll buy the bag of manure, I can use that. Just don't try to sell me a bag of sawdust and tell me it is fertilizer. :(

speciallyblend
03-14-2009, 11:09 AM
I'll buy the bag of manure, I can use that. Just don't try to sell me a bag of sawdust and tell me it is fertilizer. :(

haha i hear you,well hopefully on march 19th we will have something worth selling to Republicans!!

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 11:23 AM
dude get with the program and stop making thinks up. i never called you a neo-con i said if you do not distance your self from the failed leadership and the neo-cons then average voters will view you as one or you will have to take 1-2 hrs per person to explain why your not a BUSH NEO-CON,

I am a REPUBLICAN, i am telling you the problem with the gop is the brandname and that most people view the gop and the republican party as bush fascists!
that is about to change when Republicans and voters from all parties unite under a new gop faction that is worth selling!!!

If your a neo-con or a big government then what i say applies to you,if not then why get your panties in a fix!

I am a Republican but the gop does not represent me. To me there is a difference . you are a republican i do not identify you as a failed gop leader. it only applies to the folks it applies to ,so unless your a big goverment loving neo-con ,then nothing i have said here applies to you

Which is exactly why I am glad that the GOP failed so miserably in 2008. if you recall, back in 2007 and 2008, I was saying time and again that if Ron Paul did not get the nomination I was hoping that the GOP suffered it's most humiliating defeat in history, because when it did, they will be seeking a new direction, and WE, the Ron paul people, will be there to take up the reigns of leadership and move it in that new direction.

That is, in fact, exactly what happened. Even the Democrats expect a whole 'new' GOP to emerge from the 2008 defeat. The only question is, who will be in charge of the 'new' GOP. Will it be OUR people, or the Huckster's people?

In North Carolina, OUR people are winning. We are winning in NC BECAUSE we have worked from within the failed party to take up the reigns of leadership and move it in the direction of strict Constitutional Originalism. In 2009, we will own 30% of the counties, and 15%-20% of the districts. That WOULD have been 50% and 40% had it not been for the return of political apathy which people claimed that Ron Paul had 'cured' in them (apparently not for many of you!)

By 2011, we will hold 60% of the counties and 50% of the Districts; and again, that WOULD have been 80% and 65% plus the State Chair, had it not been for the resurging apathy.

I have been pushing something I am calling "Constitution Reboot 2020 - we can see clearly now, the tyranny is gone" since January of 2009, and that has been EXTREMELY effective at helping us gain leadership positions in the NCGOP. We have been making an effort to connect with the embattled, but existent remnant of Taft-Goldwater Republicans who remain within the GOP structure, desperately waiting for US to arrive on the scene and start returning the party to Robert Taft's platform.

AND WE ARE ACTUALLY DOING IT.

The GOP brand-name will start to regain credibility in 2010, when we elect a few Constitutionalists, and the last of the neocons are booted from office, and lo and behold the 'new' crop of Republicans actually stand for what they claim (nevermind it will be Ron Paul Republicans in office). then by 2012, we will have attained more of a mandate from the Party to nominate Constitutionalists en-masse.

If everyone in the Ron Paul movement had actually done what Ron Paul had asked in 2008, an participated in the party process and the convention process in 2008 and 2009; then today we would today own the ENTIRE power structure of the GOP and could set any agenda we liked. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO we don't actually WANT to do what Ron Paul asked us. We think we know better than the man who has been doing this for 40 some-odd years.

speciallyblend
03-14-2009, 11:25 AM

Who knew?

i am not bad mouthing you ,i am bad mouthing our failed gop leadership and the neo-cons. If you have a problem with that do not blame me ,blame the folks that caused the gop to be lower then a bag of manure!!

You keep working on what your doing but steele is not my leader and the gop ledership is not my leader and the neo-cons are not my leader!!

until they have a leader worth promoting. i will be promoting republican values,something our failed leaders do not promote..

We must seperate ourselves from the neo-cons in the party,so the average voters know we are not evil.

Micheal Steele will get my repsect when he steps down and the national gop will get my respect once we expel their failed leadership. until then the gop is not worth selling to republicans. DO NOT BLAME ME ,BLAME THE GOP FAILED LEADERSHIP and the NEO-CONS. we have along way to go to retake the party.

the gop might need to hit rock bottom first until they listen to what we have to say ,until then let them drop like a rock.

The gop can either wake up or die like the whigs.
THEY WILL NOT WIN without us, and they will not get our votes until they actually address the problem. they are not even close to a big tent party. so far they are the joke and the punchline.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Michael "Tin Foil" Steele is a loser. F him.

We need a libertarian-leaning RNC head.

Because the RNC elects the party chair, that was impossible until 2011. the same RNC that existed prior to the 2008 elections, are the members who chose the party chair in 2009. We will be electing RNC committee members during the 2010 convention cycle, and THOSE members will elect the new chair in 2011.

this is why we needed everyone to participate in the convention cycles, so we could outnumber them, and elect our own people to the RNC and thus elect one of our own to the national party chair.

The most important thing those of us who have rejected the process thus far can do, is to participate in the 2010 GOP Convention cycle, and elect national committeemen and committeewomen from our own faction.

What you don't seem to understand, is that we, the Ron Paul people, outnumber the participating GOP membership 10 to 1. I am not kidding when I tell you had we all followed Ron Paul's advice in 2008, we would WHOLLY own the entire power structure of the GOP by now. Even the national chair, as we elected the national committee members in 2008.

LibertyEagle
03-14-2009, 11:33 AM
because the rnc elects the party chair, that was impossible until 2011. The same rnc that existed prior to the 2008 elections, are the members who chose the party chair in 2009. We will be electing rnc committee members during the 2010 convention cycle, and those members will elect the new chair in 2011.

This is why we needed everyone to participate in the convention cycles, so we could outnumber them, and elect our own people to the rnc and thus elect one of our own to the national party chair.

The most important thing those of us who have rejected the process thus far can do, is to participate in the 2010 gop convention cycle, and elect national committeemen and committeewomen from our own faction.

what you don't seem to understand, is that we, the ron paul people, outnumber the participating gop membership 10 to 1. I am not kidding when i tell you had we all followed ron paul's advice in 2008, we would wholly own the entire power structure of the gop by now. Even the national chair, as we elected the national committee members in 2008.
+1776

LibertyEagle
03-14-2009, 11:37 AM
i am not bad mouthing you ,i am bad mouthing our failed gop leadership and the neo-cons. If you have a problem with that do not blame me ,blame the folks that caused the gop to be lower then a bag of manure!!

You keep working on what your doing but steele is not my leader and the gop ledership is not my leader and the neo-cons are not my leader!!

until they have a leader worth promoting. i will be promoting republican values,something our failed leaders do not promote..

We must seperate ourselves from the neo-cons in the party,so the average voters know we are not evil.

Micheal Steele will get my repsect when he steps down and the national gop will get my respect once we expel their failed leadership. until then the gop is not worth selling to republicans. DO NOT BLAME ME ,BLAME THE GOP FAILED LEADERSHIP and the NEO-CONS. we have along way to go to retake the party.

the gop might need to hit rock bottom first until they listen to what we have to say ,until then let them drop like a rock.

THEY WILL NOT WIN without us, and they will not get our votes until they actually address the problem. they are not even close to a big tent party. so far they are the joke and the punchline.

Kenny, we can sit here and keep blaming the rest of our lives, or we can take the damn party back. It's our choice. The party is nothing but a bunch of people. If we outnumber the neocons, we can set the agenda. It's that simple. C'mon, you know this. So, don't just get mad... GET EVEN.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 11:39 AM

if you are not 'bad-mouthing me, then why do you keep insinuating that the neocons are my leaders? :mad: :mad: :mad:

We could have already done just that had every one of us participated in the convention cycle in 2008 like Ron Paul asked us to do. :rolleyes:

We outnumber them 10 to 1; I do not know how I can possibly make that any clearer than I already have. At the NC State GOP Convention last year, there were (roughly) 150 Ron Paulers, 300 neocons, 150 "average" Republicans, and 100 Taft Goldwater Republicans. the RP voting block was around 300 of the total 700 members present; AND WE ONLY BROUGHT 1% OF THE RON PAUL REPUBLICANS INTO THE PROCESS.

had everyone who wanted Ron Paul to win, participated, we would have had a voting block in the thousands, and could have written our own agenda.

That is where you are dead wrong. How many times do I have to say, "we outnumber them 10 to 1" before you actually get it? The only thing that has prevented us from already taking over the existing power structure, is apathy.

The GOP has already hit rock bottom. 2009 was the year of rock bottom, and the year we could have owned the entire party had all of us only done what Ron Paul asked us to do.

Why are you waiting on neocons to change? They never will. that's why we have to participate in order to supplant them.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Kenny, we can sit here and keep blaming the rest of our lives, or we can take the damn party back. It's our choice. The party is nothing but a bunch of people. If we outnumber the neocons, we can set the agenda. It's that simple. C'mon, you know this. So, don't just get mad... GET EVEN.

+1776

This is what I am talking about! I cannot tell you how often in 2008 we missed winning crucial votes by less than 1-2%. I myself was an openly declared ardent and passionate Ron Paul supporter, and missed the election to the national delegation by A SINGLE VOTE. And that was with less than 0.1% of Ron Paul voters statewide participating in the conventions.

Politics is written by who shows up. By refusing to 'show up,' we concede defeat.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Ok , I understand your position, and I wish you luck. You will need it.
There are a few small victories in isolated places, for that I commend you.
I just don't believe that the real power players are going to allow the party to change.

Prove me wrong. I would welcome that too.
Try this.
Get the GOP to denounce the Missouri Police flier Publicly.
I want to see them call it a threat to Civil Liberty.
Impress me.

I appreciate that, and will work on doing just that. However, you should bear in mind that our state chair will not be replaced until June, and the outgoing state chair is part of the failed old guard. I can issue such a statement myself from the county level (as if that meant anything!).

Now, had we all participated in the process in 2008, we could have had the RNC Chairman to do just that, and before now; because if we had all participated in the convention cycles in 2008, the RNC chair would have been one of us.

speciallyblend
03-14-2009, 11:50 AM
I appreciate that, and will work on doing just that. However, you should bear in mind that our state chair will not be replaced until June, and the outgoing state chair is part of the failed old guard. I can issue such a statement myself from the county level (as if that meant anything!).

Now, had we all participated in the process in 2008, we could have had the RNC Chairman to do just that, and before now; because if we had all participated in the convention cycles in 2008, the RNC chair would have been one of us.

we have our state chair election on march 21st. doing our best to elect someone favorable to our message and the republican base.

pinkmandy
03-14-2009, 11:58 AM

Same here. They embrace the enemies within their own ranks and love war. It's disgusting.

ETA: Locally. I guess it's not the same everywhere but in my area, people who don't support America at war are no better than terrorists.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 11:59 AM
we have our state chair election on march 21st. doing our best to elect someone favorable to our message and the republican base.

If we had had full participation here in NC, we would have had the block to elect an outright Ron Paul Republican to the post. But we had less than 1% participation, and even so we carry enough of a block to basically choose between the existing candidates.

We are looking at Chad Adams, whose ONLY disagreement with our platform, is he still thinks we need foreign bases. Fortunately, that particular position, although unfortunate, is basically irrelevant to a state chairman.

If we can overcome the Ron Paulers apathy and just convince them to spend a few hours of their life saving our frelling Republic instead of vegging out in front of the boob-tube, then Chad Adams will be the new state chair in June.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Same here. They embrace the enemies within their own ranks and love war. It's disgusting.

ETA: Locally. I guess it's not the same everywhere but in my area, people who don't support America at war are no better than terrorists.

The point is, we significantly outnumber them so it really doesn't matter what they think. Let's say your average state convention participation is 1000 people (this is, actually, way higher than average). Do you not have more than 1000 Ron Paulers in your state??

if your current power structure is 100% owned by neocons, all you have to do is to bring more of you than they bring of themselves to the convention, and you can vote them all off the island.

You seriously don't HAVE to have a Ron Paul friendly GOP in your area. We don't. I am fortunate to have a Ron Paul friendly COUNTY, where many do not.

It's all about numbers. Counties usually have around 100 people in attendance at the convention. if there are 100 Ron Paulers in a county (there usually are), and all of these participate, then Ron Paul sets the agenda. Districts usually have around 50-70 people attending. they are even easier to own than counties. States usually have 500-1000 attending. There is no state in America without at least 10,000 Ron Paul voters.

The numbers don't lie. But apathy has consumed OUR (Ron Paul's) base.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 12:24 PM

Now if every Ron Paul supporter in Michigan had participated at the same time you did, all those globalists and neocons would already be gone, or on their way out the door today.

speciallyblend
03-14-2009, 12:34 PM
The point is, we significantly outnumber them so it really doesn't matter what they think. Let's say your average state convention participation is 1000 people (this is, actually, way higher than average). Do you not have more than 1000 Ron Paulers in your state??

if your current power structure is 100% owned by neocons, all you have to do is to bring more of you than they bring of themselves to the convention, and you can vote them all off the island.

You seriously don't HAVE to have a Ron Paul friendly GOP in your area. We don't. I am fortunate to have a Ron Paul friendly COUNTY, where many do not.

It's all about numbers. Counties usually have around 100 people in attendance at the convention. if there are 100 Ron Paulers in a county (there usually are), and all of these participate, then Ron Paul sets the agenda. Districts usually have around 50-70 people attending. they are even easier to own than counties. States usually have 500-1000 attending. There is no state in America without at least 10,000 Ron Paul voters.

The numbers don't lie. But apathy has consumed OUR (Ron Paul's) base.

that is the root of the problem,energizing folks to get active in the gop is like asking them to jump to their death.

We must create a brandname worth selling,so far our national leadership has only soured the rotting apples more!!

We must create A GOP brandname worth something. I hope March 19th changes that!!

that is what i meant about staying republican but seperating us from the big government loving war mongers, they will alienate themselves as they have already. We move forward they join us and our movement or they fade away like the whigs as WE GROW!!!

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 01:08 PM
that is the root of the problem,energizing folks to get active in the gop is like asking them to jump to their death.

We must create a brandname worth selling,so far our national leadership has only soured the rotting apples more!!

We must create A GOP brandname worth something. I hope March 19th changes that!!

that is what i meant about staying republican but seperating us from the big government loving war mongers, they will alienate themselves as they have already. We move forward they join us and our movement or they fade away like the whigs as WE GROW!!!

This is why I was glad to see your project. It is very similar to the "Constitution Reboot 2020" project I came up with, only a lot more well supported and funded. I think it will be awful hard to get enough of a public mandate to completely reconstruct the entire federal government by 2012, but I am surely not opposed to trying. Besides; every point of gain by 2012, will feed into the same effort.

But my experience is, that there are still a lot of Taft-Goldwater Republicans active in the party, just horribly outnumbered and embattled. Let's not write them off just because they never gave in to the apathy like we did...

Dripping Rain
03-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Actually eventhough Ron Paul would leave it to the states
his sanctity of Life Act would automatically ban abortion and RoeVWade and protect the life of the individual babies
this is why I like Ron Paul plus his foreign policy positions

pcosmar
03-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Now if every Ron Paul supporter in Michigan had participated at the same time you did, all those globalists and neocons would already be gone, or on their way out the door today.

I don't know about "every" Ron Paul supporter. I know I went to a couple GOP meeting and was not welcome.
I know that we went to the Mackinac Conference with a large group of supporters from all over the state.
There were a couple Large rallies.
The Michigan GOP as a whole does not want us involved. In my county,we had 2 active supporters.
Ron Paul got 127 votes (I believe) and that was with NO advertising spent in the state.
I am in a very rural area, but % wise we had the same as more active groups got in the south.
Some TV ads would have helped.
The GOP was and is actively opposed to the message.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 01:52 PM
I don't know about "every" Ron Paul supporter. I know I went to a couple GOP meeting and was not welcome.
I know that we went to the Mackinac Conference with a large group of supporters from all over the state.
There were a couple Large rallies.
The Michigan GOP as a whole does not want us involved. In my county,we had 2 active supporters.
Ron Paul got 127 votes (I believe) and that was with NO advertising spent in the state.
I am in a very rural area, but % wise we had the same as more active groups got in the south.
Some TV ads would have helped.
The GOP was and is actively opposed to the message.

My point is that it really doesn't matter if the establishment GOP is actively opposed -- we outnumber them, and the Party 'establishment' is selected every 2 years by whomever brings the most numbers to the conventions. All you have to do is on any odd-numbered year, bring more Ron Paulers than anybody else brings neocons, have Ron Paul Republicans run for party office, and vote for them.

Voila, old establishment out on their ass. Ron Paul owns the new establishment.

RonPaulMania
03-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Funny, you guys just don't get (well not all of you), most conservatives like conserving morality. We might not like the feds dictating it over the states, but to bring your views as if you will ever catch fire is laughable.

What we need is strong moralists who are conservatives who oppose morality federally not because they are for or against immorality, but because of the limits of the Const.