PDA

View Full Version : Glenn's 912 Project

zach
03-13-2009, 03:29 PM
What is this, and why is Chuck Norris and his wife ready to storm Washington?

9 Principles, 12 Values... this is weird. :confused:

And when did Glenn have a live audience?

I just tuned in, and I'm really confused. :eek:

MRoCkEd
03-13-2009, 03:31 PM
I've watched the whole thing and I have no idea what it's about

zach
03-13-2009, 03:36 PM
wtf, he's crying again.

constituent
03-13-2009, 03:37 PM
there just aren't enough lol pics

Dripping Rain
03-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Beck is "using" Chuck Norris
just like Huckabee "used" him
I hope Chuck wakes up from the Glenn Beck scam before its too late
Alex Jones tried to warn him when he was on his show this afternoon

zach
03-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm starting to think that Glenn is trying to head something..

Mesogen
03-13-2009, 03:50 PM

Sorry, Chuck Norris is just as much of a tool as all of those cretins.

torchbearer
03-13-2009, 03:51 PM
912 is the day after 9/11. The day that 'changed everything'. ;)

LittleLightShining
03-13-2009, 04:00 PM
I remember hearing him say that he wanted people to remember how they felt on that day and to feel like that again. But this was not very recently-- maybe a few weeks ago?

V4Vendetta
03-13-2009, 04:02 PM

it looks that way.
I watched the whole thing. And that show wasn't about anything.
I mean what the hell?
All he talked about was 9/11 and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. (he never said they were unconstitutional)
He said he was pissed off about the Federal Government not obeying the constitution and bill of rights, and then his whole show said nothing about the violations that are occurring. It seemed his whole show was about the unconstitutional war caused by the false flag terrorists attack on 9/11. And that Navy seal he had on there was telling us how he looked at a picture a victim of 9/11 everyday and said, "well I got one more for you". I mean what the hell? He was fighting the wrong people.

This Glenn Beck thing that happened today was REALLY weird. He is planning something.

At the end of the show, they showed a live camera feed of Chuck Norris and his wife, and they were obviously confused as well, about what the hell all this crap was about. Glenn didn't say ANYTHING about the constitutional violations of the Federal Government, or anything about the Declaration of Independence.

Glenn just further made me more suspicious of his actions.

He went from saying all Ron Paul supporters should be locked up, to embracing Ron Paul, and now this? Encouraging people from all over the country to go to venues to watch his one hour program. I'm seriously glad I didn't go, I had my suspicions that FED's would be in the room, cataloging everyone in the room, along with license plates from cars in the parking lot.

My reservations were right, I am really glad I didn't go.

Glenn just confused alot of Americans with this little show of his tonight.

The look on Chuck Norris and his wife, said it all. It was at the very end of the program.

Dripping Rain
03-13-2009, 04:03 PM
I remember hearing him say that he wanted people to remember how they felt on that day and to feel like that again. But this was not very recently-- maybe a few weeks ago?

this sounds scary
because when people are both scared and angry they tend to be irrational and desperate and they would be more obedient to their idols

this sounds like something Orwell or Huxley would talk about

Pericles
03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
What is this, and why is Chuck Norris and his wife ready to storm Washington?

9 Principles, 12 Values... this is weird. :confused:

And when did Glenn have a live audience?

I just tuned in, and I'm really confused. :eek:

FWIW,

The Nine Principles

1. America is good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

JoshLowry
03-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Somebody say something about the Mayor of Crazytown?

constituent
03-13-2009, 05:00 PM
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

"either we throw people who are smoking marijuana in prison..."

-Glenn Beck, libertarian

bunklocoempire
03-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Principle this, and principle that. And the values thing….

And applying them?

He likes to talk sacrifice...

Beck pushes a vague “courage”, but what he’ll never push –for fear of losing his fans- he’ll never push applying this courage personally to promote Liberty –less government control.

Assuming he thinks he's a conservative, whatever conservative means these days....:rolleyes:

Morally,
if a “conservative” wants less government interference in his life, he should have the courage to reign in government interference when it comes to his liberal counterpart.

Economically,
if a “conservative” wants his liberal counterpart to curb domestic social spending, that “conservative” should have the courage to want to curb his own global social spending. (military aid, etc.)

Defensively,
if a “conservative” wants to protect against the infringement of RKBA –which is essentially a “pre-emptive” attack (guilty till proven innocent), that “conservative” should have the courage to not support any “pre-emptive” war, OR interventionalist policy.

In the end, Beck’s project will likely be a rallying call for Newt Gingrich or like clone.

Something like: "The republican candidate agrees with these priciples, he/she doesn't have the voting record to back it up, and the democrats have done so much damage we have to get behind this candidate, *cry*,*cry* VOTE FOR AMERICA!"

“Courage” to IGNORE what it really takes to preserve Liberty, and “courage” NOT to follow the money.

When Beck starts talking up third party, he may get some cred, until then....:rolleyes:

Bunkloco

libertygrl
03-13-2009, 05:17 PM
it looks that way.
I watched the whole thing. And that show wasn't about anything.
I mean what the hell?
All he talked about was 9/11 and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. (he never said they were unconstitutional)
He said he was pissed off about the Federal Government not obeying the constitution and bill of rights, and then his whole show said nothing about the violations that are occurring. It seemed his whole show was about the unconstitutional war caused by the false flag terrorists attack on 9/11. And that Navy seal he had on there was telling us how he looked at a picture a victim of 9/11 everyday and said, "well I got one more for you". I mean what the hell? He was fighting the wrong people.

This Glenn Beck thing that happened today was REALLY weird. He is planning something.

At the end of the show, they showed a live camera feed of Chuck Norris and his wife, and they were obviously confused as well, about what the hell all this crap was about. Glenn didn't say ANYTHING about the constitutional violations of the Federal Government, or anything about the Declaration of Independence.

Glenn just further made me more suspicious of his actions.

He went from saying all Ron Paul supporters should be locked up, to embracing Ron Paul, and now this? Encouraging people from all over the country to go to venues to watch his one hour program. I'm seriously glad I didn't go, I had my suspicions that FED's would be in the room, cataloging everyone in the room, along with license plates from cars in the parking lot.

My reservations were right, I am really glad I didn't go.

Glenn just confused alot of Americans with this little show of his tonight.

The look on Chuck Norris and his wife, said it all. It was at the very end of the program.

I didn't know to make of it as well because of the exact reasons you stated. Quite frankly, he seemed to be stealing from the Ron Paul Grassroots movement with some of his statements like people are "waking up." I almost fell off my chair when he showed a large mosaic of either the Bill of Rights or The Constitution (not sure what it was), but it was made up from pictures of people that he had asked his viewers to send in! Hmm...now what does THAT remind you of?

I'm guessing that this was some sort of propaganda to make it appear that he's starting something similar to the Ron Paul Revolution. Funny that he's doing it now while the Dems are in power and not during Bush's reign. Like you said, he didn't say anything about constitutional violations. Seems like he's capitalizing on the success of the Ron Paul Revolution by making it appear as if his "movement" is similar. Maybe it's just a tactic being used to deceive people to accept the interventionist war policies and other violations because our side is making major gains. Just a thought.

reduen
03-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Listen folks, I just went to a "We Surround Them" meeting that was advertized in our local newspaper this week and there were about 100 people at this meeting watching Glen Beck's show.

This is pretty astounding considering that there are less than 3000 people in my town total. They gave me some info with the following website listed and I just got back to the Net so I have not checked it out yet...

www.resistnet.com (going there to check things out now....)

Young Paleocon
03-13-2009, 05:32 PM
wtf, he's crying again.

Lol, my sentiments exactly, as soon as the first montage ended and the camera panned to him crying I had to change the channel because it wreaked of false sincerity.

zach
03-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Lol, my sentiments exactly, as soon as the first montage ended and the camera panned to him crying I had to change the channel because it wreaked of false sincerity.

Yeah, seriously. Where were the tears on 1.20? :rolleyes:

Young Paleocon
03-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Yeah, seriously. Where were the tears on 1.20? :rolleyes:

Obama's inauguration?

satchelmcqueen
03-13-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm starting to think that Glenn is trying to head something..

yeah......shhhh...fox,msm,gop,then help influence gop picked 2012 candidate....(not ron paul or paul supported)...

dont tell.

zach
03-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Obama's inauguration?

Yep. Except I think more people were angry than sad.

Then again, I speak for myself.

paulitics
03-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Listen folks, I just went to a "We Surround Them" meeting that was advertized in our local newspaper this week and there were about 100 people at this meeting watching Glen Beck's show.

This is pretty astounding considering that there are less than 3000 people in my town total. They gave me some info with the following website listed and I just got back to the Net so I have not checked it out yet...

In general, did you get a sense of this group's opinion on war in Iraq, Afghanastan, patriot act, fisa, troops in America, etc?

sevin
03-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Glenn Beck...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/thenilold1bv.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1072)

satchelmcqueen
03-13-2009, 06:13 PM
all he is doing is trying to get those who are easily fooled into thinking he is their voice. sadly a lot of our movement will fall for this, maybe not those of us on this forum, but those who are still learning and like ron paul or were very close to supporting what he stands for.

since beck wont mention ron paul as much as he should, he will fade from their memory and then when the time is right, Becks bosses IMO (FOX, GOP) will pick their guy and beck will fall all over him saying he will be the one to save us and if anyone says otherwise, then they must be against us! any mention of ron paul or a paul endorsed candidate will be laughed at just like in 08. and since beck has such huge ratings and fox news behind him, together they will decide the next president along with help from the gop goons, and other fox news people.

notice the other day he let bill oreily run over him and he didnt say a word. all he did was sit there and smile.

i was hoping chuck norris would get a ron paul mention in today, but he didnt. i guess that was saved for the web cast after the show, just in case, where most viewers wont see it.

it is so obvious now what is going on.

on a show of this magnitude and importance, according to beck himself, how in the world could a person NOT have ron paul on the show?? at least to back up the ideas you are presenting, candidate or not! oh yeah, i just remembered, there wasnt anything or any solid ideas talked about on the show anyway, just a bunch of tears for sympathy.

and then the whole "one must have god in order to enjoy their freedoms" crap hes been slipping in for the last 2 weeks or so. all this is for is to once again use the old trick of playing to certain groups. and no im not against god, i was raised in church and know all about that, but i also from that experience have seen many many times over the years where all it took to convince most christians i knew to vote for a certain person, was for that person to just mention god or jesus one time.

i almost had my dad convinced to write in ron paul and then in a debate between obama and mccain, john said he believed in god and upheld life. thats all it took, my dad was a mccain man from then on. i even told him how mccain tried 5-6 different times in the last 10 years to make it easier to get an abortion, rather than protect life. he wouldnt hear of it.

ever since rush limbaugh stood up a few weeks back and mentioned bobby jidal and a few others, beck and the rest now have their few men already picked. they will get the good coverage and push. paul and his/our movement will not.

did anyone really think it was just coincidence that paul was praised over the last 3 months by the MSM, but after rushes speech, he starts getting rude neil cuvuto style interviews all of a sudden?

see, we are a threat, and now that they have their men picked, paul and his ways are going to be trashed.

im done..

reduen
03-13-2009, 06:13 PM
In general, did you get a sense of this group's opinion on war in Iraq, Afghanastan, patriot act, fisa, troops in America, etc?

I got there right as the guy that was organizing the meeting was done speaking and we left before The Glen Beck Show was done so not really...

I do know that they were trying to come off as a group of conservatives, dems, repubs, constitutionalists etc... trying to defend the constitution..

For now I am going to sign up with them and promote Dr. Paul’s audit the Fed Bill HR1207 though.. Maybe some more of you would like to do the same..? (They have individual state groups also.)

fedup100
03-13-2009, 06:20 PM
They are trying to show the public that a third party may be a good thing as long as they can hijack the meaning of "third party" and "libertarian".

They are hijacking our movement just as the right wing christian conservatives were hijacked. They must be outed as frauds.

constituent
03-13-2009, 06:58 PM
This can't be....

Are "we" finally starting to wake up to the "community organizers?"

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-13-2009, 07:02 PM
GLENN BECK IS A FRAAAAAUD!

http://www.officialwire.com/userimage/image43dfe2ded6d96.gif

zach
03-13-2009, 07:04 PM
I think they're doing this in order to hijack the Revolution.
If they can get enough people to want to "revolt," then what's the purpose of us trying to get the US back to its roots? What would the point of teaching people to be responsible for themselves and no one else when someone else has already told them that it's cool to think like that?

I'm starting to think Glenn is a bad idea.

torchbearer
03-13-2009, 07:05 PM
If they can get enough people to want to "revolt," then what's the purpose of us trying to get the US back to its roots? What would the point of teaching people to be responsible for themselves and no one else when someone else has already told them that it's cool to think like that?

He's not just a bad idea... he is a dangerous idea.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-13-2009, 07:07 PM
he's a ludicrous idea! :eek:

http://www.twowheeltales.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/spaceballslarge026xd.jpg

tremendoustie
03-13-2009, 07:18 PM

Whaaa? I thought the point of teaching them that was so that they would believe it, and think it's cool to think like that.

Do we have to figure everything out? Jeez. Beck says some good things, some bad, is creepy when he cries, and has a bunch of people worked up. Hopefully they'll actually start doing some thinking, instead of just being couch surfers. That's all there is now, let's not overthink it.

zach
03-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Whaaa? I thought the point of teaching them that was so that they would believe it, and think it's cool to think like that.

Do we have to figure everything out? Jeez. Beck says some good things, some bad, is creepy when he cries, and has a bunch of people worked up. Hopefully they'll actually start doing some thinking, instead of just being couch surfers. That's all there is now, let's not overthink it.

Yeah, sometimes I feel that he's trying to take our job away from us.
Glenn makes my alarms go wiry sometimes. :o

GunnyFreedom
03-13-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm not saying we should trust the guy - I sure don't. But some of you people will find an excuse to hate him even if he were standing on a freeway with a 4' by 8' "Ron Paul For President 2012" sign on December of 2011. *sheesh*

TastyWheat
03-13-2009, 10:12 PM
I have no fucking clue what the theme of that show was.

Young Paleocon
03-13-2009, 10:49 PM

I think the theme was lets be hysterical, "patriotic"(in the sense of going out and getting a flag tatooed on your ass), and totally non introspective or logical about anything we do. Or something like that. And cry a lot......I really don't know.

LibertyEagle
03-13-2009, 11:15 PM
I don't know. None of us really do. But, he sure seems like he's controlled opposition, just like Lou Dobbs was/is. Only Beck is more dangerous. This show of his tonight, was beyond weird.

donnay
03-13-2009, 11:15 PM
http://michaelthompson.org/album/oz/szCowardly_Lion.3.jpg

The real Glenn Beck.

akihabro
03-14-2009, 03:47 AM
wtf, he's crying again.

I want someone who can stand up and fight to lead us, not this wimp.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/akihabro13/glennlion.jpg
Looks cheap cause it is. I didn't want to spend a lot of time and download photoshop

eOs
03-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Lol, anyone who gets duped by Huckabee has to be a complete moron. Sorry Chuck, please stick to just acting, acting like you know what's going on.

Cowlesy
03-14-2009, 06:41 AM
I thought the whole point of the show was to get people engaged and talking with their neighbors -- that was his whole "around the kitchen table" idea. Frankly I think he is right that as things get worse, people will crawl into their turtle shells and isolate themselves which is counterproductive --- in our case it is counterproductive to preserving/restoring LIBERTY. Being social and communicating with those in your local communities is a GREAT idea, and MORE people need to be doing so. Don't give me the BS about "socializing is bad" as it was Hayek and Mises who promoted INDIVIDUALS SOCIALIZING when they share a COMMON purpose. Many of us e-socialize here, or offline in Meetup groups.

There have been a few posters, I think FrankRep was the first I saw, to make a great point that these new meetups will be hotbeds of people who are really looking for our cause of Limited Government and the strict adherance to the Constitution. Those of you who've run meetups in the past, and maybe we can get some new people to do so, should think about spearheading a new op in your community to take the lead in these conversations -- why not right?

A lot of that show was theatrics and sillyness in my opinion. Josh is right, he truly is the "Mayor of Crazytown". I thought it was a horrible idea to use 9/11 as the step-off point to launch a new activist movement, but I also do remember how people came together after that day. This new economic crisis will be worse than 9/11 because it's going to hit everyone's home a lot harder, so I see what he was getting it, but thought it was a foolish delivery. I think his 9 Principles and 12 Values are great, and getting people to think about Principles and Values is pretty hard to sell me as "crazy".

Bottomline for me was the theatrics, hero worship, 9/11-changed-everything stuff was totally unnecessary for the underlying message he was trying to deliver, and like many of the responses in this thread indicate, confused the hell out of a lot of us. If his show engages people to talk about the issues locally, this is a great opportunity for us to get into these discussions to appropriately frame the debate as folks who've been living this stuff for the past two years.

hugolp
03-14-2009, 07:33 AM

THE Question is: where was all this people when Bush was aplying his socialistic agenda?

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2009, 10:56 AM
THE Question is: where was all this people when Bush was aplying his socialistic agenda?

Ignorant and asleep. Sure, it took a crushing defeat of the GOP, and the election of a socialist, to make people aware of reality; but they ARE waking up. Refusing to engage them is akin to not WANTING our movement to grow. :rolleyes: IMHO

zach
03-14-2009, 11:18 AM

You don't know what you've lost (or had) until it's about ready to be taken away completely.
Same goes for these people.. As Cowlesly said, if people want to do something about this, then let them. It's better than sitting at home and being fearful.

donnay
03-14-2009, 11:20 AM
I want someone who can stand up and fight to lead us, not this wimp.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/akihabro13/glennlion.jpg
Looks cheap cause it is. I didn't want to spend a lot of time and download photoshop

It's perfect! It's as cheap as Becks tears were, IMHO.

eOs
03-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Ignorant and asleep. Sure, it took a crushing defeat of the GOP, and the election of a socialist, to make people aware of reality; but they ARE waking up. Refusing to engage them is akin to not WANTING our movement to grow. :rolleyes: IMHO

Of course we want our movement to grow. but right into the hands of Fox corporate elite?

zach
03-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Of course we want our movement to grow. but right into the hands of Fox corporate elite?

Cradle them like babes until they can grow on their own.

tremendoustie
03-14-2009, 12:51 PM
I thought the whole point of the show was to get people engaged and talking with their neighbors -- that was his whole "around the kitchen table" idea. Frankly I think he is right that as things get worse, people will crawl into their turtle shells and isolate themselves which is counterproductive --- in our case it is counterproductive to preserving/restoring LIBERTY. Being social and communicating with those in your local communities is a GREAT idea, and MORE people need to be doing so. Don't give me the BS about "socializing is bad" as it was Hayek and Mises who promoted INDIVIDUALS SOCIALIZING when they share a COMMON purpose. Many of us e-socialize here, or offline in Meetup groups.

There have been a few posters, I think FrankRep was the first I saw, to make a great point that these new meetups will be hotbeds of people who are really looking for our cause of Limited Government and the strict adherance to the Constitution. Those of you who've run meetups in the past, and maybe we can get some new people to do so, should think about spearheading a new op in your community to take the lead in these conversations -- why not right?

A lot of that show was theatrics and sillyness in my opinion. Josh is right, he truly is the "Mayor of Crazytown". I thought it was a horrible idea to use 9/11 as the step-off point to launch a new activist movement, but I also do remember how people came together after that day. This new economic crisis will be worse than 9/11 because it's going to hit everyone's home a lot harder, so I see what he was getting it, but thought it was a foolish delivery. I think his 9 Principles and 12 Values are great, and getting people to think about Principles and Values is pretty hard to sell me as "crazy".

Bottomline for me was the theatrics, hero worship, 9/11-changed-everything stuff was totally unnecessary for the underlying message he was trying to deliver, and like many of the responses in this thread indicate, confused the hell out of a lot of us. If his show engages people to talk about the issues locally, this is a great opportunity for us to get into these discussions to appropriately frame the debate as folks who've been living this stuff for the past two years.

+1000 -- awesome post.

V4Vendetta
03-14-2009, 12:54 PM

LMAO, I couldn't have said it better myself.

pacelli
03-14-2009, 12:54 PM
yeah......shhhh...fox,msm,gop,then help influence gop picked 2012 candidate....(not ron paul or paul supported)...

dont tell.

my suspicion as well. It'll be back to neocon in less than 4 years.