PDA

View Full Version : Somebody beat me to the punch, but that opens the door for me...

jimmyjamsslo
05-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Someone sent this letter to the New Times here in SLO.

"America Needs to Wake Up"

The national news media in this country has proven to be a bought-and-paid-for outlet for corporate interests, as evidenced by the factional coverage given to the recent debates by "unbiased" and "impartial" outlets such as Fox News and CNN.
We need to watch and listen to the candidates ourselves and judge what we see and hear without their vitriolic diatribes denouncing candidates not on their approved list.
If America decides our future based on the corporate media's information and slanted opinions, we will get what we deserve both globally and nationally.
The only candidate I have seen with the courage to speak the truth is Dr. Ron Paul. His message speaks to many dissatisfied Americans in this time of runaway inflation and poor foreign policy decisions.
The man has been belittled and characterized as a fringe candidate by the right and the left, as they cringe from his message.
As he has said, he is not running to be the president of the Republican Party, but of the United States. Let us elect a man who will give us back our country, not serve the money that gets him elected. Ron Paul is the clear choice for America and will bring back the respect that America used to deserve both at home and worldwide.
I urge you to watch the debate on June 5 and decide for yourself!

J. Chris Lindsay,
Los Osos

So now I have an idea of what kind of letter they'll publish