PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and Men's Rights

newtoforums
03-13-2009, 02:52 PM
How will this revolution deal with issues that violate men's rights specifically regarding affirmative action harming males, circumcision, selective service, the discriminatory VAWA which disregards male victims of DV, discrimination in family/divorce courts, councils and cabinets specifically designed to help women, discrimination bias against funding research and allocating funds men's health?

SWATH
03-13-2009, 02:58 PM
It will deal with the rights of men in the same manner it deals with the rights of individuals. As Ron Paul would say, you do not get your rights because you are a woman or a minority or gay, you get them because you are an individual.

brandon
03-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Ron Paul has been very clear about this,and I agree with him completely.

There is no such thing as men's rights. There is no such thing as women's rights. There is no such thing as gay rights. There is no such thing as black rights, white rights, or yellow rights.

There is only individual rights.

He opposes any law or legislation that gives special protections, privileges, rights, or anything else to a collective group and not the individual.

Zuras
03-13-2009, 03:06 PM
I think he/she ask about specifics. It's easy to offer a one-liner and say "that's how paul would do it", but that is not only impropper it's a little condescending. I don't think RP has talked specifically about many of the issues you have said, like circumcision and funding disparities etc. I'm pretty sure I know his answers to both, but wouldn't presume them and present them to someone else as his.

newtoforums
03-13-2009, 03:27 PM
The thing is that these problems which affect men are violations of individual rights especially circumcision, selective service, the mandatory arrest provision of VAWA, and mandated quotas in job hiring.

And all these violations of personal liberties are violations that only affect men , not women.

Anyway if the revolution does get started it will be led by men with major concerns for their individual rights. Divorced males know how their rights have been violated by big governments and biased family courts which is influenced by feminist interest groups(recently a woman's and girl's council was formed by Obama). Men who have had civil liberties taken away by feminism are a major untapped market for this movement.

Many MRA's seem to have a liberterian view.

http://mensnewsdaily.com/