PDA

View Full Version : Schiff: "FOX Considering Airing Freedom Watch on Fox News"

He Who Pawns
03-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Schiff mentioned in his weekly radio show that Fox is paying close attention to the popularity of Freedom Watch, and that the producers behind it are hoping to move the show to the regular Fox News Channel! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

What can we do to show our support and spread the word about the show?

UtahApocalypse
03-13-2009, 11:59 AM
someone needs to find the e-mail :)

qwerty
03-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Schiff mentioned in his weekly radio show that Fox is paying close attention to the popularity of Freedom Watch, and that the producers behind it are hoping to move the show to the regular Fox News Channel! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Yeah, we should spread the word!

I made a topic about earlier :)

This is really big opportunity to spread our word to millions!

Kotin
03-13-2009, 12:02 PM
you know this would be huge..

Lew Rockwell, John Stossel, The Judge, Peter Schiff, Ron Paul..on primetime afternoon Fox...

I cannot type anymore I am getting woozy..

ihsv
03-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Hot dog!

He Who Pawns
03-13-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm kind of afraid that if we all just email Faux saying "Ron Paul rules, put that show on Fox now!!!1" they will dismiss us as RP kooks. Maybe a smarter way would be to email them pretending to be neocon believers who are slowly starting to appreciate the freedom message "thanks to Fox News, Freedom Watch, and shows like Glen Beck." ;)

Knightskye
03-13-2009, 12:14 PM
How many people are watching the show?

Austin
03-13-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm kind of afraid that if we all just email Faux saying "Ron Paul rules, put that show on Fox now!!!1" they will dismiss us as RP kooks. Maybe a smarter way would be to email them pretending to be neocon believers who are slowly starting to appreciate the freedom message "thanks to Fox News, Freedom Watch, and shows like Glen Beck." ;)

To whom it may concern,

I have always been a viewer of Fox News, and lately there have been some changes to your broadcasts.. both online and on television. Primarily, the addition to Glenn Beck to the FNC team. While I don't agree with everything he says, I love the fact that he offers a different viewpoint than the status quo. The same thing goes with his guests, although some of them are flat out wrong. Still, I like the variety. I hope to see more of Beck in the future.

Also, the new Freedom Watch with Judge Napalitano is interesting. The Judge always has interesting commentary, and he is also bringing new people into the political discussion. I haven't heard of most of his guests before, but I like some of their ideas. And, as always, I like the variety.

I hope you guys keep up the fair and balanced broadcasts.. And maybe you could get the Freedom Watch on the Fox News Channel. It's really annoying when my internet connection goes out, plus it'd be nice to see more of Napalitano and his guests.

Something like that? :D ;)

Kotin
03-13-2009, 12:21 PM
whats the email address though?

mczerone
03-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I have a big block of time on Wednesday afternoons, so I've watched 3 of the last four weeks.

I hope that if they go to the TV they hold ratings, I'd rather wave the web show for a couple of years than 3 weeks of an unwatched TV show.

He Who Pawns
03-13-2009, 12:29 PM

:D;);)

Excellent! Bravo.

Let's also try to mention Schiff and how he was one of the only economists on TV able to correctly forecast the housing bubble and resulting market crash. Aside from RP, Schiff is definitely the rock star of Freedom Watch, IMO.

powerofreason
03-13-2009, 12:30 PM
That would be absolutely terrific. They could call the show Anarcho-Capitalist Hour if they wanted to, thats how pro-freedom it is.

Dripping Rain
03-13-2009, 12:32 PM

lol

Dripping Rain
03-13-2009, 12:33 PM
That would be absolutely terrific. They could call the show Anarcho-Capitalist Hour if they wanted to, thats how pro-freedom it is.

i watch that show too but im not an anarchist. if they call it that ill be turned off

powerofreason
03-13-2009, 12:45 PM
i watch that show too but im not an anarchist. if they call it that ill be turned off

Lmao obviously they're not going to rename it that. I'm just saying, ya know. Anarcho-capitalism is the logical conclusion of libertarian thinking, thats all. You'll get there some day ;)

MsDoodahs
03-13-2009, 12:47 PM

I'm anarchist and I agree - do NOT associate the word anarchist with that show, that is a BAD BAD BAD idea.

:)

powerofreason
03-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm anarchist and I agree - do NOT associate the word anarchist with that show, that is a BAD BAD BAD idea.

:)

I realize that lol

He Who Pawns
03-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Keep those emails going to Faux people...

MelissaCato
03-13-2009, 07:52 PM

About time.

zach
03-13-2009, 07:56 PM

Definitely. Great vernacular. ;)

yongrel
03-13-2009, 08:00 PM
If we can show Fox that there is a big enough audience, they will put the show on the air. They are very willing and enthusiastic about the project, provided that there is a market for it.

If you tune in and get your friends to tune in, it will make it on the air. Get enough people to watch, and Fox will do it. Trust me on that.

Dequeant
03-13-2009, 08:09 PM

fedup100
03-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Hot dog!

Noooooooooooooooo!! Not a pig saying "hot dog"! :D

Rangeley
03-13-2009, 08:13 PM
What time slot though?

mrchubbs
03-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Please visit:

http://freedomwatchonfox.com/

And grab a promotional badge/graphic and spread it around.

The producer was ecstatic when I showed him the web site I threw together for the show and they are using it as another gauge of interest in the show.

Someone from Peter Schiff's office called me yesterday to warn me that they would be sending a "boatload" of traffic to the site.

Sure enough, I registered the domain, put up the site and thanks to a mailing Schiff did (late yesterday) linking to the site, it had over 18K hits on it's first day in existence.

The site merely aims to be a one stop shop to watch all episodes of the show and the promotion of upcoming guests.

Enjoy.

TheState
03-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Please visit:

http://freedomwatchonfox.com/

And grab a promotional badge/graphic and spread it around.

The producer was ecstatic when I showed him the web site I threw together for the show and they are using it as another gauge of interest in the show.

Someone from Peter Schiff's office called me yesterday to warn me that they would be sending a "boatload" of traffic to the site.

Sure enough, I registered the domain, put up the site and thanks to a mailing Schiff did (late yesterday) linking to the site, it had over 18K hits on it's first day in existence.

The site merely aims to be a one stop shop to watch all episodes of the show and the promotion of upcoming guests.

Enjoy.

Awesome! Thanks!

itshappening
03-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Ask them to put it on a Sunday night before or after Huckabee

they tend to have a repeat of Beck or Hannity from the Friday on a sunday to fill time so there is a spot available.

runningdiz
03-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Is there a facebook for this? The website is brilliant keep working on it. Maybe get a petition going. I think emails should be the least of our worries. We need to get people to actually tune in and use social networking like facebook and every blog we can think of to get the news out there to all freedom letters to tune in and watch the youtube videos.

tremendoustie
03-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Lmao obviously they're not going to rename it that. I'm just saying, ya know. Anarcho-capitalism is the logical conclusion of libertarian thinking, thats all. You'll get there some day ;)

Yup Yup. My plain vanilla libertarian period lasted about one year. I prefer "voluntarist" though. I think that Anarch prefix just sets too many alarm bells off in people's heads, and untrue assumptions.

tremendoustie
03-13-2009, 09:08 PM

Well done krippy :D

mrchubbs
03-14-2009, 12:53 AM
Is there a facebook for this? The website is brilliant keep working on it. Maybe get a petition going. I think emails should be the least of our worries. We need to get people to actually tune in and use social networking like facebook and every blog we can think of to get the news out there to all freedom letters to tune in and watch the youtube videos.

I added a link to the Facebook group on the page. It already has over 500 members.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=80603830464

Enjoy.

fj45lvr
03-14-2009, 01:23 AM
only problem is they better not CONDENSE it... or have it all revolve around one ASSHAT.

the reason why this show is GOOD is that they actually get into some DEPTH instead of the usual "gloss over" Bullshit...

There are very very few TV shows that last any length of time where they get "in-depth" on REAL ISSUES and the shows that do right now are all from the perspective of ONE "JOURNALIST" asking questions rather than the FREEDOM WATCH format that opens up a topic and allows there to be the roundtable discussion (there are some other groups out there but their "roundtables" are the SAME people offering their opinions and in a RUSH to blaze through (more sound byte bullshit)..

the country needs TEACHING...not opinions of journalists and other professional media hacks.

Freedom watch is for sure bringing NEW INFORMATION to the minds of the public and is EDUCATIONAL in that regard.

I have sent 2 emails to fox praising the show as the BEST fox thing I have EVER tuned into.

Jeremy
03-14-2009, 01:27 AM
then lets get more people watching it =p

DFF
03-14-2009, 02:21 AM
If they (Fox) did this, my respect for them would increase by 100%. 'Course 100% of 0 is still 0.

Conza88
03-14-2009, 02:34 AM
If they (Fox) did this, my respect for them would increase by 100%. 'Course 100% of 0 is still 0.

rofl. :)

Fox is the anti status quo channel now. Who else can they possibly get that is anti status quo? lol....

What is fcken retarded though, is that they act as if, the VERY SECOND Barack Obama stepped in the Oval Office, ALL THESE PROBLEMS are his fault.

The last 8 years are a klusterf*$K of tyranny, oppression and epically disasterous policies from the Bush Administration.

"FREEDOM WATCH", WHERE THE FCK WERE YOU THEN?

*Cough* You were on the, THEN, Anti Status Quo channel, MSNBC with Olberman.

Again goal is: get people away from the TV and onto Mises.org and LewRockwell.

tremendoustie
03-14-2009, 02:39 AM
rofl. :)

Fox is the anti status quo channel now. Who else can they possibly get that is anti status quo? lol....

What is fcken retarded though, is that they act as if, the VERY SECOND Barack Obama stepped in the Oval Office, ALL THESE PROBLEMS are his fault.

The last 8 years are a klusterf*$K of tyranny, oppression and epically disasterous policies from the Bush Administration.

"FREEDOM WATCH", WHERE THE FCK WERE YOU THEN?

*Cough* You were on the, THEN, Anti Status Quo channel, MSNBC with Olberman.

Very true ... but if they're trying to blame it all on Obama, the murderers row they've got on this show will blow that BS out of the water ... and get people to mises.org and lewrockwell.com.

blocks
03-14-2009, 03:15 AM

I like it. Good work.

MelissaCato
03-14-2009, 04:14 AM
What time slot though?

Hummm ... I hope they replace Oreilly ..... that dude doesn't even know what a Patriot is. Sooooo, Oreilly's a PINHEAD !!!!!!

HaHa

StudentForPaul08
03-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Hummm ... I hope they replace Oreilly ..... that dude doesn't even know what a Patriot is. Sooooo, Oreilly's a PINHEAD !!!!!!

HaHa

agreed but hes the highest rated FOX show (On the FNC). *sigh :(:confused:

qwerty
03-14-2009, 06:03 AM

NO, the goal is to get people watch freedom watch and learn, cause they would spend that time watching tv anyway.

We need different ways to reach people, internet, tv, mail etc etc...
:cool:

runningdiz
03-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Here is a link to a myspace page for the show if anyone still uses that: http://www.myspace.com/foxfreedomwatch

mello
03-14-2009, 09:56 AM
I really hope this happens. I can't watch it at work because the stream is blocked. (Why
is it at 2 in the friggin' Afternoon!?!?!) Even if they don't end up putting it on tv, at least
they should put it on iTunes. I hate waiting for 6-part videos on youtube. I'd rather
watch it all in one piece.

He Who Pawns
03-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Another thing that might help would be actual phone calls to Faux praising the show and asking when it will come to cable. Emails are easier to ignore than humans on a phone.

RevolutionSD
03-14-2009, 11:46 AM

Lew is definitely anarcho-capitalist but the rest are minarchists and that Tracy woman is a superbimbo that adds nothing to the show!

powerofreason
03-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Lew is definitely anarcho-capitalist but the rest are minarchists and that Tracy woman is a superbimbo that adds nothing to the show!

Agree about Tracy, but I think most people that call themselves minarchists are either fairly new to libertarianism or are secretly voluntarists. Minarchy just gets more and more stupid the more one thinks about it. When I hear the Judge refer to taxes as theft like Rothbard did, thats just awesome.

tremendoustie
03-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Agree about Tracy, but I think most people that call themselves minarchists are either fairly new to libertarianism or are secretly voluntarists. Minarchy just gets more and more stupid the more one thinks about it. When I hear the Judge refer to taxes as theft like Rothbard did, thats just awesome.

Some people call themselves minarchists and truely mean voluntary government. In fact, this is true of all minarchists I've talked to about it, which admittedly is only about a half a dozen.

I do think this is the better tack, for PR. Even better than any label, what if we just say we support voluntary government? I'm convinced this will get us a lot farther, and it's really what anarcho-capitalists want anyway, just worded differently.

Let's all support voluntary government instead of government based on force and violence. These are winning words (now I sound like frank luntz).

He Who Pawns
03-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Can someone please tell the judge to keep his mistress in the hotel room....

powerofreason
03-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Some people call themselves minarchists and truely mean voluntary government. In fact, this is true of all minarchists I've talked to about it, which admittedly is only about a half a dozen.

I do think this is the better tack, for PR. Even better than any label, what if we just say we support voluntary government? I'm convinced this will get us a lot farther, and it's really what anarcho-capitalists want anyway, just worded differently.

Let's all support voluntary government instead of government based on force and violence. These are winning words (now I sound like frank luntz).

Voluntary government is an oxymoron. What governments have there ever been in history which did not violate the non-aggression principle?

powerofreason
03-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Its a looting and killing machine. There is nothing desirable about it.

tremendoustie
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Voluntary government is an oxymoron. What governments have there ever been in history which did not violate the non-aggression principle?

None. That's why working for a voluntary government means opposing the current form of almost every government.

What you mean by dismantling government is exactly the same thing as making government functions voluntary. But, which sounds scarier?

When we say "end government" people picture chaos and violence. When we say "make government voluntary" people picture less violence, and more choices. So, I think voluntary government actually describes our beliefs better than no government.

It puts the emphasis on "voluntary" which is what we want people to be thinking about (because it's what we mean), not "ending government" which makes people think of coups and wars, which is not what we mean.

tremendoustie
03-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Its a looting and killing machine. There is nothing desirable about it.

Agreed. There is no such thing as voluntary looting and killing. So, the word "voluntary" opposes the reality of government as we know it, but supports the idealistic fantasy of government that people have in their minds.

So, if we say "end government" people think we oppose their idealistic fantasy, which is generally fine (helping people, prosecuting violent criminals, etc), and they will reject the idea.

If we say "make government voluntary" people realize we only oppose violence and theft. They will find, however, there is more violence and theft in government than they may have realized ...

Conza88
03-15-2009, 06:25 PM
NO, the goal is to get people watch freedom watch and learn, cause they would spend that time watching tv anyway.

We need different ways to reach people, internet, tv, mail etc etc...
:cool:

No that is not the goal (KEEP THE SHEEP IN FRONT OF THE TV) and if it is, it is doomed to failure.

He Who Pawns
03-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Have you guys written your email to Faux yet? Come one, people... let's get on this. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Here is mine:

Dear Fox News,

Thanks for all you do! I am a longtime devoted viewer. I wanted to write to you about Judge Napolitano's new show "Freedom Watch." The show is very popular on youtube now. I am really hoping that "Freedom Watch" will make it onto Fox News proper. Peter Schiff is my favorite panelist. Schiff is the only major economist/pundit who predicted the mortgage meltdown and resulting financial system collapse. More Americans need to hear the message of freedom and fiscal responsibility promoted by the Judge, Schiff, Ron Paul and all the other fine panelists on "Freedom Watch."

Are there any plans to move the show to cable? Thanks for your time!

XXXXXXX
California

tremendoustie
03-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Have you guys written your email to Faux yet? Come one, people... let's get on this. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Here is mine:

What's the addy? I couldn't find one on the website (admittedly the search was cursory).

He Who Pawns
03-15-2009, 10:53 PM
What's the addy? I couldn't find one on the website (admittedly the search was cursory).

Oops. sorry about that.

yourcomments@foxnews.com

FreeMama
03-16-2009, 12:45 AM
I sent an email to Fox. I think this whole forum should. This could be a HUGE thing for the movement!

MelissaCato
03-16-2009, 05:48 AM
Ok, I just sent an Email. :D This is ridiculous us needing to beg to get some truth on Cable TV, though. Freedom Watch should have been on Cable TV many many years ago.

Good Morning,

My name is Melissa and I have been watching this show online in my spare time. I work all the time, actually too much sometimes, but, I would like to see this Freedom Watch on Cable TV.... while I relax my legs and have a Ben and Jerry's Coffee IceCream, like maybe replacing Oreilly, because that's who I'm stuck watching with my work scheduals .. and he's a PINHEAD !! Not that I watch the MSM all the time, but I like to catch up with what all ya'll are thinking, and how noone has the balls to be a real American.

I would much rather see Judge Napolitano, Ron Paul, Peter Schiff and all the Constitution defenders have a show, like after Beck or something. A show that is for America for once would be nice, ya know, let the world know America isn't all stupid, and most of us are still real Americans. I always did wonder why MSM has no Ron Paul's, Peter Schiff's, Judge Napolitano's ... like they do Oreilly's and Hannity's. But then again, I learned why during the primaries.

So, I think you (FOX NEWS) should allow Judge Napolitano's new show "Freedom Watch" to air 5 days a week, after Glenn Beck.. or just kick Oreilly to the curb or move him after Hannity hour. Or just fire them both and let's get the Revolution started. The world is waiting.

Think Ratings, the American way. :) Don't be scared.

Hope you think about it. OOhhh ya, by the way, maybe your first episode of Freedom Watch on TV could advertise discussing ....... Missouri Police Report: RP supporters, Libertarians, anti-NWO movement are TERRORISTS

THINK RATINGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "we the people" bought WallStreet right ? HaHa

President John F. Kennedy ~~ "My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you -- ask what can you do for your country."

Your friend in Liberty, Melissa.