PDA

View Full Version : Fred's gunshow scheme may have backfired

Givemelibertyor.....
09-16-2007, 12:36 PM
I apologize if this has already been posted, or if it's in the wrong place.

Gun owners are hip to "Fraud" Thompson.

Thompson had spent the early part of the day walking through rows of assault rifles, pistols and other firearms, signing autographs and greeting voters at a gun show in Lakeland, Fla.

Some of the gun advocates there weren't convinced he was completely on their side.

"I was all for him until I started reading the votes," said gun dealer Ken Strevels, standing at a table line with machine guns, including an enormous .50 caliber rifle held up by a tripod. "I'm not sure now. He's flipping on the vote. It's like he's working both sides."

Strevels was referencing a Gun Owners of America report that said Thompson voted "anti-gun" 14 times on 33 votes the group tracked during his eight years in the Senate, ending in 2003.

Among the Thompson votes the group listed as "anti-gun" were votes to appoint a federal judge and another that set restrictions on political fundraising. The group's Web site said Thompson generally votes against gun control.

Asked about anti-gun votes as he walked through the show, Thompson there weren't any.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gxfJOUEEgkPJw40QYgvFNObIxmww