PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul gets Congressional challenger

Bradley in DC
05-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Dr. Paul is taking advantage of the LBJ rule and running simultaneously for President AND for re-election to Congress.

A small town mayor has just announced his challenge to Dr. Paul for the Republican nomination for the 14th District of Texas.
http://www.chrispeden.org/

rodent
05-31-2007, 06:55 PM
Dr. Paul is taking advantage of the LBJ rule and running simultaneously for President AND for re-election to Congress.

A small town mayor has just announced his challenge to Dr. Paul for the Republican nomination for the 14th District of Texas.
http://www.chrispeden.org/

I like how this guy wants to make English the official language, but then goes to abuse an apostrophe later on:

"[...] my opponent thinks America's Middle East policy's were responsible for the attacks."

It should either be (depending on tense):

... my opponent thinks America's Middle East policy (is|was) responsible for the attacks

Or:

... my opponent thinks America's Middle East policies (are|were) responsible for the attacks

If the 14th district votes for this clown, I will be saddened.

Kandilynn
05-31-2007, 06:55 PM
I don't like that guy. He seems like a moron to me. Ron Paul can beat him, unfortuately, he will be the guy running if Ron Paul wins the presidency.

And NASA sucks! These people http://www.rocketplane.com/ do much better work than NASA without using taxpayer money to do it.

lundbaek
05-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Ron Paul had a challenger in the 2006 primary election, an international lawyer who is married into the Sanatra family and backed with big $s. The GOP has tried a number of times to get Paul out of Congress, including backing other GOP candidates and gerrymandering.

Bradley in DC
05-31-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't like that guy. He seems like a moron to me. Ron Paul can beat him, unfortuately, he will be the guy running if Ron Paul wins the presidency.

And NASA sucks! These people http://www.rocketplane.com/ do much better work than NASA without using taxpayer money to do it.

I'm not an expert in Texas election law, but that doesn't sound right to me. If Dr. Paul wins the Republican nomination for re-election to Congress and then cannot be sworn in (for whatever reason, like being President-elect), it would create a vacancy. The primary runner-up (giving him the benefit of the doubt) would NOT automatically take the seat.

I'm guessing there would be new elections. This is what happened when Tom DeLay resigned his seat.

lucky
05-31-2007, 08:44 PM
I sent this idiot a message a couple night ago letting him know I was a constituent and that I thought what he said was slanderous and from also what he said about working with the Republican congress is showing he is just another Big Government Republican. I also let him know that Ron Paul is well liked and shares the views of the constituents and votes accordingly so he was slamming us also. Also said that I would be sure to let everyone know and would do all I can to see he is defeated handily but doubt it would take much.

Haven't heard back from his staff so may mean they are busy.

lucky
05-31-2007, 08:46 PM
The seat would not go to the challenger but the Govoner will appoint someone and has so many days to call a special election.

It is the only thing I hate about Ron Paul running for President is I could lose my awesome Congressman who I trusted to vote as I would if I was able.

Bryan
05-31-2007, 09:38 PM
Someone else needs to run in the 14th that understands what the Constitution says (such as no forced payment to NASA from citizens) to take over for Dr. Paul once he is in the white house.

Another error: "the incumbent is a Libertarian." I could see how he could argue libertarian but Libertarian makes no sense.

His gross misrepresentation of Dr. Paul's agreement with the studies on 9/11 is pretty said and will surely misinform the people of the district.

lucky
05-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Someone else needs to run in the 14th that understands what the Constitution says (such as no forced payment to NASA from citizens) to take over for Dr. Paul once he is in the white house.

Another error: "the incumbent is a Libertarian." I could see how he could argue libertarian but Libertarian makes no sense.

His gross misrepresentation of Dr. Paul's agreement with the studies on 9/11 is pretty said and will surely misinform the people of the district.

Not at all. As I said I am one of the people in the district and we know Ron Paul and have backed him so far and will continue to do so. The Republicans have tried to throw other Republicans before and will always do so.

Bradley in DC
05-31-2007, 10:56 PM

Dr. Paul has never given up his lifetime memberhip in the LP.:)