PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Chaplin speaks for the first time.

WarDog
03-13-2009, 12:41 AM
http://www.wimp.com/charliechaplin/

Maximilian American
03-13-2009, 09:31 AM
One of the greatest speeches ever spoken by one of the greatest men ever to walk the earth. Thanks Mr. Chaplin for your love of humanity.

Young Paleocon
03-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Sounds kind of like an agrarian communist speech.

Maximilian American
03-13-2009, 09:51 AM
To me its a speech about Peace, Liberty, and Democracy.

Young Paleocon
03-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I don't know I picked up on a few things like despising machinery, "universal brotherhood", greed, no national boundaries, progress, "science and progress", unite. I don't know sounds very how you say......proletarian.

Truth Warrior
03-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Yep, just really too bad that Charlie was a RED! :p :rolleyes:

Maximilian American
03-13-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't know I picked up on a few things like despising machinery, "universal brotherhood", greed, no national boundaries, progress, "science and progress", unite. I don't know sounds very how you say......proletarian.

I understand your interpretation. However I think it can also be interpreted as a vision for retraction of the way civilization was progressing into total war via mass production to play the game of competition from cause of fear and greed of power but not necessity or in other words the lifestyle of living within their means, and total war eventually came too, and fortunately civilization has still miraculously avoided total annihilation.

I blame the fiat system for both World Wars because the system devalued currency and established debt for future generations to pay for the wars during their time. Its simply a immoral lifestyle that was promoted and it excelled in its purpose and tore apart former more decent lifestyles before it with its lust. It seems to me that Chaplin yearns for that decency of lifestyle to return, and frankly I do too, cause maybe we can progress by expanding that lifestyle throughout all borders without the fear of a NWO big brother power house like the FED and its sister institutions from being its social engineers, and hopefully one day all live under constitutions that are very similar to one another in promoting a natural progression for lifestyles of liberty and decency.

purplechoe
03-13-2009, 11:25 PM
F**k Chaplin. Keaton was the man!

Original_Intent
03-13-2009, 11:33 PM
F**k Chaplin. Keaton was the man!

I never knew Chaplin played Batman. :rolleyes:

purplechoe
03-13-2009, 11:38 PM
I never knew Chaplin played Batman. :rolleyes:

Buster Keaton :eek: :rolleyes: