09-16-2007, 11:58 AM
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid464021271?bctid=1184431799

http://www.theledger.com/article/20070916/NEWS/709160493/1039

Brasil Branco
09-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Hahahaha- Best. Video. Ever. :D

james1844
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Thats awesome, keep up the good work everyone!

Cowlesy
09-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I can't stop laughing...

...but it looks like, and I hope, all those Ron Paul'rs were being friendly!

Alabama Supporter
09-16-2007, 12:10 PM
How does this win votes for Ron Paul exactly?

qwerty
09-16-2007, 12:11 PM
I can't stop laughing...

...but it looks like, and I hope, all those Ron Paul'rs were being friendly!

From the article....

Campaign aides and supporters ignored or simply glared at a handful of supporters for Ron Paul, a former Libertarian Party candidate for president and former Republican congressman who now is running for the GOP nomination. They waved Paul signs and passed out leaflets implying Thompson wasn't as pro-gun as he claims to be.

"How rude you are," one well-dressed older woman said to a Paul supporter clad in a T-shirt and shorts.

devil21
09-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Looks like Fred needs a bra. Love the RP signs!

TexMac
09-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Name recognition.

Great job everyone!

slantedview
09-16-2007, 12:17 PM
qwerty: I just watched those you have in your signature. My god those are good, especially "when in the course of human events..." Excellent stuff!

Stealth4
09-16-2007, 12:17 PM
"How rude you are," one well-dressed older woman said to a Paul supporter clad in a T-shirt and shorts.

Im gonna assume here that the RP supporters were friendly and nonaggressive. Thats my hope at least. Showing up to the event/gun show was a good idea.

leipo
09-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Hahaha perfect!

qwerty
09-16-2007, 12:20 PM
qwerty: I just watched those you have in your signature. My god those are good, especially "when in the course of human events..." Excellent stuff!

Take a look at this video also!

Ron Paul Speaks for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clhO-qPTZ1g

And donīt forget to show those videos to everyone you know!

:cool:

qwerty
09-16-2007, 12:21 PM

Im gonna assume here that the RP supporters were friendly and nonaggressive. Thats my hope at least. Showing up to the event/gun show was a good idea.

When people see that they are wrong, they usually take the attack mode.

Ozwest
09-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Guerilla tactics Ron Paul Revolution style! Fred and his handlers would have been peeved.

Vonhayek7
09-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Hahah. That was awesome.

Brent
09-16-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't think its rude to show support for another candidate by holding up a sign! It does open a door to criticism as you would be on enemy territory.

10thAmendmentMan
09-16-2007, 12:39 PM

Only signs supporting the king will be shown in his presence, serf!

V-rod
09-16-2007, 12:46 PM
I still don't get why some of you are ok with tactics like this. Sure you have the right to "protest" like that and express yourself, but from a campaign standpoint, this is ridiculous. Better time could be spent elsewhere informing people rather than harassing a group who already made up their minds. For every person you convert in this matter, you might make several enemies who would go out of their way to promote negativity toward Ron Paul that they would not of have in the first place. Hold up a abortion lobby sign or anti gun rights that reflect the truth, but opposition candidate signs at someone's rally is just pointless.

jblosser
09-16-2007, 12:48 PM

1. It's an excuse for a rally and gets signs on the street for the masses to see, including primarily the people who are just walking by and not even there for the other guy's event.

2. It puts cracks in the first tier lie. When a "nil chance" candidate has that many people out to support him at events he didn't even organize, over and over again, it's very hard to keep the illusion he doesn't have a chance. This tactic works even toward people there for Fred, since a good portion of them don't necessarily like everything he stands for but believe the notion they must vote for someone who they have been told has a chance (I have talked to these people, I know this tactic is working).

3. It gets media coverage, even accidental coverage, as this video shows so well.

4. It has a psychological effect on the other campaigns that everywhere they go, Ron Paul is already there.

CMoore
09-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Roflmao!!!!

Seriously, though, there is a lot of support for Fred Thompson around where I am.
I hit a gun show back in July and many people I talked to said they were waiting
for him to get into the race. The people who are signing up to run as delegates
to the national convention are signing up to be his delegates. But I have noticed
his supporters have something in common. They are predominately white, male,
and of a "certain age". I have not spoken with a single young person who
supports him. What Ron Paul has going for him is diversity. He attracts from a
larger demographic than Fred Thompson. We can only hope this will carry him
through. If Fred Thompson is the nominee, Hillary Clinton will be the next
president and the Republicans will have gone down the tubes and deservedly
so.

davidhperry
09-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Next time we see the FT bus (or any candidate vehicle) we need to put a RP bumper sticker on it. :)

philipsantamaria
09-16-2007, 12:56 PM
hahahaha i couldn't stop laughing...fred is ridiculous. completely lacking in charm...guy wanted to get the hell out of there and only took a pic with the only decent looking broad there.

rodent
09-16-2007, 01:08 PM

Hilarious! I love you guys.

brumans
09-16-2007, 01:09 PM
lol.. the video is awesome.

winston84
09-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Love it!

slantedview
09-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Lol

MicroBalrog
09-16-2007, 01:22 PM

Now Fred's campaign vid became an unwilling promotion vid for Paul.

richard1984
09-16-2007, 01:27 PM
That's so awesome.

Hilarious!!!

:D

Cowlesy
09-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I still don't get why some of you are ok with tactics like this. Sure you have the right to "protest" like that and express yourself, but from a campaign standpoint, this is ridiculous. Better time could be spent elsewhere informing people rather than harassing a group who already made up their minds. For every person you convert in this matter, you might make several enemies who would go out of their way to promote negativity toward Ron Paul that they would not of have in the first place. Hold up a abortion lobby sign or anti gun rights that reflect the truth, but opposition candidate signs at someone's rally is just pointless.

You know I loved the video, but I agree with V-rod. Let's take the Lemon and Lemonade and make a Lemonade Coolata (for you Dunkin Donuts folks).

These Ron Paul supporters' energy is critical to the campaign. People who will spend time going to an opposing candidates' event should be harnessed and maximized for effectiveness. Maybe some guerilla tactics would work here --- go to the event as just regular folks, say that you do like Thompson a lot, but you aren't convinced and wish he were a little more conservative. When they ask you, "More conservative than Fred already is?" -- You can say, "Well I like the fact Ron Paul has an A+ from the Gun Owners Association..and has never ever once voted for tax increases or increasing the size of government." You won't look like "the enemy" to Thompson supporters, but more like someone who is thoughtful and concerned. They won't already put up the shields, and are more likely to be receptive to what you have to say.

As badass as all our supporters are, we need to combine all the enthusiasm with shrewd tactics.

CMoore
09-16-2007, 01:28 PM
The person filming this video is totally unconcerned about the Ron Paul signs. He/She is making no attempt to shoot the footage so as to keep the signs out of the shot. I wonder why not. Maybe this is just a photographer who has been hired to film some footage of Fred and he/she can care less about the candidate. I mean, take the film, edit it, send the campaign the bill. Looks that way to me. And it surely has provided us with a little entertainment.

lbrtylvr
09-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Seems like Ol' Fred and Phil Mickelson should go bra shopping together.

jblosser
09-16-2007, 01:31 PM

You are not getting who was reached here. There were a few hundred people in that video. If it got TV airtime, it may have reached millions. One sign with Ron's name on TV reaches more people than many of us can in months of being on regular street corners.

Anyone who sees that video who doesn't know who Ron is is a lot more likely to go look him up than they were before (how can they look up someone they've never heard of?).

That having been said there are people in that crowd who are supporting Fred because they've been told he is "first tier", and seeing someone else get that level of support matters to them. There aren't necessarily a lot of them but the ones I've talked to were political acvitists and reaching them extends into their entire networks.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-16-2007, 01:37 PM
This is what I like to see. Keep it up! Tail their buses!

mtmedlin
09-16-2007, 01:42 PM

To understand the video, you must also understand that the lakeland meetup group was planning on going to this event BEFORE thompson showed up. We went to one other gun show a few months before this and handed out RP's voting record and 700 GOA fliers.

derdy
09-16-2007, 01:48 PM
That was great! I couldn't stop laughing haha :D

derdy
09-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey, next time maybe some of the guys from www.fredthompsonforum.com will show up. ;)

RevolutionSD
09-16-2007, 02:06 PM
That was AWESOME!

We need RP signs at all of Thompson's campaign stops.

Nice work!

micahnelson
09-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Watching it on mute, i thought Fred Thompson just endorsed ron paul... lol

10thAmendmentMan
09-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey, next time maybe some of the guys from www.fredthompsonforum.com will show up. ;)

That would be absolutely HILARIOUS if a group of people got together at a Fred Thompson forum and "praised" him like the people on that forum. Especially if there was media there asking people why they liked Fred. :)

ButchHowdy
09-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Super Awesome! Ron HIMSELF needs to see this!!

SeanEdwards
09-16-2007, 03:03 PM

No, you are totally wrong.

Quietly holding up a Ron Paul sign in a respectful manner at an opponents rally is FTW. Just imagine if the other candidates couldn't hold a public appearance without attracting more RP people than their own supporters? That's game over.

Chester Copperpot
09-16-2007, 03:26 PM

Thats great!

Dustancostine
09-16-2007, 03:35 PM
That would be absolutely HILARIOUS if a group of people got together at a Fred Thompson forum and "praised" him like the people on that forum. Especially if there was media there asking people why they liked Fred. :)

"Mr. Thompson, I am a huge fan but a little concerned. Mitt Romney said he would double Guantanamo, could you please clear the record and let everyone know that you are a stronger candidate and will defend this county and triple Guantanamo?

:)

quickmike
09-16-2007, 03:40 PM
bumping up the non troll threads

MikeStanart
09-16-2007, 03:50 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

hahaha. NICE:D

angelatc
09-16-2007, 03:59 PM
hahahaha i couldn't stop laughing...fred is ridiculous. completely lacking in charm...guy wanted to get the hell out of there and only took a pic with the only decent looking broad there.

I thought the same thing. He sure didn't seem very friendly.

american.swan
09-16-2007, 04:02 PM

Seconded.

CurtisLow
09-16-2007, 04:20 PM
I see it as free advertising and there's nothing wrong with that.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
09-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Absolutely hillarious video. There were way more Ron Paul signs than Fred Head signs. You can tell people are attracted to him in a movie star way, not in a legitimate rEVOLution way. Since when is the CFR pro 2nd amendment? We need tons of people at these events keeping a polite distance with their Ron Paul signs.

Exactly, no one who ever goes to another Rep. candidate's rally and sees more RPers than their own there will be able to honestly support their candidate. The problem is, most people aren't honest with themselves and don't care about facts. But PRESENCE like in that video gains name recognition and gets us closer to CRITICAL MASS - where RP is the accepted frontrunner of the people on the streets.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
09-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Seconded.

Thirded. We had thought of that at an earlier rally. We should have had a bunch of people dressed up like Romney supporters with shirts that say, "Fascists for Romney." The thing is that almost all of the "Top Tier" candidates ARE NWO fascists. But the parody would still be great.

disinter
09-16-2007, 06:07 PM
That was awesome!!

ItsTime
09-16-2007, 06:36 PM
That was a PLANNED event for Drop Dead Fred and none of his people showed up??? That is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

BizmanUSA
09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
IT WAS A HOOT INDEED! :D

Question: When the woman in the arcticle said "He is as close to Ronald Reagan as any candidate I've ever met."

So just HOW MANY candidates has she ever met?

My bet this is one in a row!

The little boy at the very end of the video clip following the bus away from the curb was very cool.

As for the comments about the RP supporters being untasteful and such (not true) - well if the MSM won't come to us we will come to them! :cool:

I totally agree with the post of getting max exposure (in a tastelful manner) from a news bite. FREE ADVERTISING

BizmanUSA

rpmike
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
We have done this in Oklahoma at Romney and Rudy Events, the look on their face is worth it all. And yes we are always pleasant with everyone. Great job guys.

Joe Knows
09-16-2007, 07:31 PM
To understand the video, you must also understand that the lakeland meetup group was planning on going to this event BEFORE thompson showed up. We went to one other gun show a few months before this and handed out RP's voting record and 700 GOA fliers.

Another thing that I think people need to understand. A lot of these gun shows in Florida have given Fred Thompson an exclusive contract to pass out political literature, etc. They will not allow a Ron Paul booth at the show. Fred voted for McCain-Fiengold-Thompson against the wishes of the NRA. Lakeland has a great group.

ItsTime
09-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Another thing that I think people need to understand. A lot of these gun shows in Florida have given Fred Thompson an exclusive contract to pass out political literature, etc. They will not allow a Ron Paul booth at the show. Fred voted for McCain-Fiengold-Thompson against the wishes of the NRA. Lakeland has a great group.

How much did that cost? And that should be put on the windows of those cars in the parking lots!

Joe Knows
09-16-2007, 07:38 PM
How much did that cost? And that should be put on the windows of those cars in the parking lots!

I do not know how much it cost. We can probably figure it out after Q3 reports are out. Here is the link to the article that talks about the exclusivity.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/story/237311.html

trispear
09-16-2007, 08:27 PM
I still don't get why some of you are ok with tactics like this. Sure you have the right to "protest" like that and express yourself, but from a campaign standpoint, this is ridiculous. Better time could be spent elsewhere informing people rather than harassing a group who already made up their minds. For every person you convert in this matter, you might make several enemies who would go out of their way to promote negativity toward Ron Paul that they would not of have in the first place. Hold up a abortion lobby sign or anti gun rights that reflect the truth, but opposition candidate signs at someone's rally is just pointless.Yes, this "harrassment" was despicable. George Bush generously designated Free Speech Zones so he wouldn't have to see distressing dissent, and Fred deserves no less.

Haven't we Paulites learned that if we sit quietly in a corner, we'll win the election - as everybody else would have said or done something that would be quite offensive to others - soon these offended people will have nowhere else to turn and come in droves to the Ron Paul campaign because they never heard of him, thus he never offened them.

bbachtung
09-16-2007, 08:56 PM
It was all perfectly respectful. No one was chanting or yelling; it was just a sea of Ron Paul signs that silently spoke volumes.

wgadget
09-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Wow...Thanks...I haven't laughed that hard in a LOOOOOONG time.

Looks like Fred has a Ron Paul shadow.
:D

reduen
09-17-2007, 01:52 AM

The media follows Thompson big time so viewers will see Ron Paul's support this way...:)

ronpaulhawaii
09-17-2007, 02:43 AM
Yes, the silent sea of signs works.

LOL

quickmike
09-17-2007, 02:50 AM
Yeah, that little kid at the end with the Ron Paul sign chasing away the Fred Thompson cheeze wagon was awesome.

Someone buy that kid a puppy!

VIDEODROME
09-18-2007, 11:45 AM

I wondered if that was what was going on. Since it's very common for gun shows to have political booths I figured this one just happened to have a pro-Ron Paul booth.

So then people there were just showing support and Thompson showed up to tape it for us.

kickzman
09-18-2007, 12:39 PM
You gotta love it, I can already imagine in Fred's head he must be hearing that twilight zone music, "nee nee, ne ne, nee nee, ne ne" and then he goes screaming into his bus " Ron Paul is everywhere!!" :D

EvanVolm
09-18-2007, 12:45 PM
-deleted-

MozoVote
09-19-2007, 06:30 PM
That was sweeeet! :D Keep up the good work!

Rivington Essex
09-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Nice.