PDA

View Full Version : Looks like another Obama appointee may go down in flames

devil21
03-12-2009, 03:33 PM
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1622618

WASHINGTON - An employee of the D.C. Office of the Chief Technology Officer and a private contractor were charged with corruption Thursday after an FBI raid at the office of one of President Obama's appointees.

Yusuf Acar, 40, an employee of the D.C. Office of the CTO, was ordered held without bond until a hearing Tuesday.

FBI agents found $70,000 in Acar's Northwest D.C. home when they arrested him Thursday morning.

Sushil Bansal, President and CEO of Advanced Integrated Technologies Corporation (AITC), was released but ordered not to engage in overseas financial transactions.

Bansal, of Dunn Loring, Va., is due back in court on April 21.

In 2008, Bansal's firm received .Net Development Support and Peoplesoft Consulting Support contracts from the D.C. Office of the Chief Technology Office totaling $350,000.

AITC has also received contracts from the D.C. Department of Motor Vehicles. In 2008, Bansal received the Entrepreneur of the Year Award from the Association of Indians in America, according to AITC's Web site.

Government records show Bansal is not a U.S. citizen and holds an H-1B visa, which is given to foreign workers in specialty occupations.

Last week, D.C. Chief Technology Officer Vivek Kundra resigned from his post to take a job in the Obama administration as the federal government's chief information officer.

AITC has been working with the D.C. government since 2004. Once Kundra took over as D.C. Chief Technology Officer in March 2007, AITC's contracts doubled to more than $5 million in 2008.

Kundra has also worked for Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC). During his time at SAIC, Kundra provided consulting services at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

On AITC's Web site, Bansal lists SAIC as one of AITC's strategic partners and says his firm has performed contract work for HHS.

Kundra has not been linked to Thursday's raid.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said the Department of Justice told the White House on Thursday morning of its planned raid, the Associated Press reports.

However, Gibbs declined to comment on whether the White House was aware of the investigation before Thursday, the AP reports.

Channing Phillips, a spokesman for D.C.'s U.S. Attorney's Office, tells WTOP that two people in custody will appear in federal court later Thursday.

On Thursday morning, the FBI served a search warrant at the office of D.C.'s Chief Technology Officer.

FBI Washington Field Office spokesperson Katherine Schweit would not comment on the details, but called it "a continuing ongoing criminal investigation."

More than a dozen FBI agents - including evidence technicians - were at the office, located at 1 Judiciary Square on 4th Street in Northwest.

Most of the employees were told to go home. Other employees were put into a waiting room.

The FBI later expanded its search from 9th floor offices to 10th floor offices.

The 10th floor has been closed to the public while the FBI searches the offices that house the Administrative Services Modernization Program.

:eek: :eek:
Vivek was my boss a few years ago at a county government in VA! He sure knew how to climb the ladder so Im not surprised he was appointed CIO of .gov in his 30's. He'll go down in flames if they can link the contracts to kickbacks.

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 05:28 PM
It must be really hard to find good help. :rolleyes: :D

MsDoodahs
03-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Was just about to post this.

Glad to see it's already up here.

:)

devil21
03-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I personally saw some shady government dealings while he was at the helm of my department so I cant say Im surprised by this. Just pretty crazy to randomly come across a news article about a former boss. Heck, I still have a recommendation letter he drew up for me. Guess I should trash that if he gets arrested? lol

ItsTime
03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Seriously. If this were Bush wtf would the media be doing right now?

Dequeant
03-12-2009, 08:44 PM

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Most Chicago politicians have found that to be true. The trick is picking people who DON'T belong in jail to begin with. I mean, it's a good start to say the least. Someone should really tell Barry that. :D ESPECIALLY among the Dumocraps. ;) Tell the Kenyan POTUS WHAT? :D

devil21
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
After thinking about it a bit, Kundra actually fits in perfectly with Obama. Both are more rhetoric than substance and both are globalists that love outsourcing. I was reminded of one large project that was done under Kundra. The entire in-house project staff was contracted H1-B Indians and outsourced Indian programming support. Not a single county employee was tasked to assist the project until it was time to touch the end user's computers (the grunt work). It's funny Googling Kundra now and seeing how his employment history has been altered. Like his title was Director of Network Services back then. Now, it's been changed mysteriously to Director of Technology and Infrastructure. Nice marketing job there. Two peas in a pod, those guys.