PDA

View Full Version : How do I promote RP among fredheads?

Shatterhand
09-16-2007, 10:27 AM
If I meet fredheads and want to promote my man, RP, what are the best talking points to give them?

I was thinking of telling them that a vote for Fred is really a vote for Hillary. 70% of the public is against the Iraq war and a pro-Iraq war republican will not win.

But what else is there to tell them about Fred in particular vs. RP?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

P.S. Sorry is this is in the wrong section. If there already is another thread or sticky please tell me where to find it. Any help would be appreciated. I think there are a lot of fredheads out there that can be converted to RP supporters with a brief 2-3 minute conversation.

silverhandorder
09-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Make them watch the videos.

Geronimo
09-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Convince them that Fred stands for the same thing that every other CFR candidate stands for.

A one world government.

Lord Xar
09-16-2007, 10:33 AM
well, not sure where they stand politically in terms of "specific beliefs" but tell them that a TON of BUSH"s cronies are backing thompson, which really means NAU, Open Borders, Amnesty, and our Foreign Policy of intervention.. basically, 4 more years of Bush....

Basically, all the same rhetoric without the substance.

Cowlesy
09-16-2007, 10:39 AM
I have less luck being trading facts and talking points, and more success when I acknowledge Fred is a conservative, but that I like to use voting record as my gauge of conservatism. Also say that Fred has a good record, but that you are still searching all the candidates voting records to see if anyone stands out from the pack. That may get them to research themselves, and discover Ron.

Chester Copperpot
09-16-2007, 10:40 AM
What they need to understand is that Fred has taken almost all his position from Ron Paul.. His whole stance on Conservatism, Federalism, and the Constitution has all come from Ron Paul.. Hell he didnt have an opinion on Terry Schiavo until the next day AFTER Ron Paul gave his own opinion - and then he copied that.

Ask them to compare Fred Thompson and Ron Paul's voting record and the real conservative will speak for himself.

Shatterhand
09-16-2007, 10:43 AM
I have less luck being trading facts and talking points, and more success when I acknowledge Fred is a conservative, but that I like to use voting record as my gauge of conservatism. Also say that Fred has a good record, but that you are still searching all the candidates voting records to see if anyone stands out from the pack. That may get them to research themselves, and discover Ron.

I like comparing and contrasting Fred and Paul.

Maybe I can say, "Fred was a lobbyist. And Ron Paul is thin because the lobbyists never bothered to visit RP's office."

Geronimo
09-16-2007, 10:43 AM
What they need to understand is that Fred has taken almost all his position from Ron Paul.. His whole stance on Conservatism, Federalism, and the Constitution has all come from Ron Paul.. Hell he didnt have an opinion on Terry Schiavo until the next day AFTER Ron Paul gave his own opinion - and then he copied that.

Ask them to compare Fred Thompson and Ron Paul's voting record and the real conservative will speak for himself.

Exactly.

Cowlesy
09-16-2007, 10:46 AM
I like comparing and contrasting Fred and Paul.

Maybe I can say, "Fred was a lobbyist. And Ron Paul is thin because the lobbyists never bothered to visit RP's office."

I hear ya. The thing is they all know Fred was a lobbyist, so they'll have a canned answer for you about why he was one. So on the +/- point scale, you're back to nil.

Just subtly get them to revisit the principles they care about, and then advocate why you love those principles as well and that Ron Paul has always been a champion of them. Not even a need to rattle off 50 Ron Paul facts. Once they get on the defensive, it's tough to turn them--no one likes to get cornered. But make them in a very non-confrontational way, think about their values and project why you think Ron really shares those values.

Honestly I can say doing that has worked much better for me than trying to convince folks on any one point.

Cowlesy
09-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Sorry for the back-to-back posts, but I really think people are going to get Fred-fatigue pretty fast. Let's just show that Ron Paul shares lots of values with Fred, and that it be in their interest to at least visit Ron's website and watch some videos. When they see how energized and diehard Ron's supporters are, they may compare Fred to Ron and decide they want to be part of the Revolution.

speciallyblend
09-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Ask them what his positions are.They probably cant even define one issue with any specifics,this should open the door to really give facts and talk about issues. or force them to watch videos? with cool lil things on the tv;) tell them law and order comes up after the videos:)

expatriot
09-16-2007, 10:51 AM
First you praise his voice and how he presents himself,
get them started on personal aura and how strong he sounds.
Let the line run a bit longer and then when they run out of things to say,
just point out that that is the sum total of his candidacy.
Voice, image, soothing words. and a TV face
Ask them if they see any flaws in that.
And that's all he is about - charisma.
He has no substance in record.
Ask them if they feel like fans,
like some kind of groupie,
just stalking a boyband
made of one guy.
It's all showbiz.
Vapid fluff.
[exit]

Shatterhand
09-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Sorry for the back-to-back posts, but I really think people are going to get Fred-fatigue pretty fast. Let's just show that Ron Paul shares lots of values with Fred, and that it be in their interest to at least visit Ron's website and watch some videos. When they see how energized and diehard Ron's supporters are, they may compare Fred to Ron and decide they want to be part of the Revolution.

Don't apologize for double posts. I appreciate hearing what you have to say. I just think that the fredheads are really the people to reach out to. They know the other top tier aren't solid conservatives. They've waited and are desperate and that's why they picked Fred . . . out of desperation.

I personally think it is all about the Iraq war. A lot of republicans don't want to accept the truth that the mission has failed. But if we can gently convince them then they will be come very very pro Ron Paul and forget about Fred. I hope. :D

speciallyblend
09-16-2007, 11:05 AM
I went to a republican womens meeting(15 women,one guy me),where they had doug lamborns wife speaking.Fred Thompson is already dead in the water to their eyes. ( but i guess it would help for him to stay in as long as possible,that was my thought.)

Matt Collins
09-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Do what you can to cast fear, uncertainty, and doubt (FUD) on Fred and his record. Equate him to being a lobbyist (which he is). Tell them that he is not a supporter of the 2nd amendment. Tell them he isn't hard on illegal immigration. (search the forum for facts and talking points to back you up).

But also tell them that he is not truly conservative and that a vote for Fred is like voting for another George Bush.

After they are starting to bite into the FUD, tell them that Ron Paul is a much better candidate. Also the Nevada oddsmakers have said that Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate who can beat Hillary and they haven't been wrong in 35-40 years.

quickmike
09-16-2007, 12:01 PM
If I meet fredheads and want to promote my man, RP, what are the best talking points to give them?

I would just knock them out and keep them in your closet until after the voting booths have closed. I would advise this for all friends of Fred supporters.

they will thank you later:D

"friends dont let friends vote fred" - Some Guy

rhexis
09-16-2007, 12:06 PM
How about that Fred has incurable cancer? Slow growing, but it is there.

Slugg
09-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Not quite on subject, but something to think about. I was on the phone with my sister-in-law when she mentioned she and her husband love Law and Order. I said, "You know that Fred Thompson is running for President right?" She said no, and yelled out to her husband "Fred Thompson from Law and order is running for president!!!"

He yelled back, "Really?!?!?! He's got my vote, i LOVE That guy!!!!!"

Yeah.

I'm willing to bet they will not vote at all though. This is the same couple who had no idea that the country had a national debt.

quickmike
09-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Not quite on subject, but something to think about. I was on the phone with my sister-in-law when she mentioned she and her husband love Law and Order. I said, "You know that Fred Thompson is running for President right?" She said no, and yelled out to her husband "Fred Thompson from Law and order is running for president!!!"

He yelled back, "Really?!?!?! He's got my vote, i LOVE That guy!!!!!"

Yeah.

I'm willing to bet they will not vote at all though. This is the same couple who had no idea that the country had a national debt.

Yeah, people like that dont vote.

The ones you have to watch are the old liver spot people that have nothing better to do than get out there and vote. Thats where the Fred support is going to come from, if it comes at all.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/South-Park-42.jpg

Seriously, im not kidding at all when I say this, but I truly believe that anyone over the age of 80 should not be allowed to vote. Why should someone thats most likely not going to be around to see the effects of a candidates policy, be able to steer which way the country goes?

RCA
09-16-2007, 12:33 PM
The voter guide flyer needs to be updated with Fred Thompson in it

davidhperry
09-16-2007, 01:01 PM

I agree with this - it's worked for me as well.

slantedview
09-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Make them watch the videos.

Agreed. Start with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ

Cowlesy
09-16-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't know, I feel like it's all psychology. If you have a shirt on or are carrying a sign and they confront you, they obviously want to talk or debate. Let them talk to you, and agree with them about their points about their candidate that are true. Make them ask YOU about why you like Ron Paul. When you say you like him because he has the most conservative voting record ever and that his honesty and principles appeal to you, they can't disagree with you. More than likely they'll ask for some info, or at a minimum, they'll check out Ron themselves.

It's tough for us who know Ron's issues so well, to not go and start rattling off facts. It just seems to me that other candidates' supporters or regular folks really appreciate the conceptual ideas about Ron (Principles, Honesty, Down-home'ness), and are more receptive than a rapid-fire spewing of facts.

Everyone is different though. But like we've been saying on here, I really believe we catch more flies with Honey than we do with Vinegar.

richard1984
09-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Also the Nevada oddsmakers have said that Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate who can beat Hillary and they haven't been wrong in 35-40 years.

Is there a source for that? Are the Nevada oddsmakers just one of the gambling/odds websites?
I'm just curious.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Where do they come from? lol. the man hasn't even explained his views yet LOL

Matt Collins
09-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Is there a source for that? Are the Nevada oddsmakers just one of the gambling/odds websites?
I'm just curious.That is something Anita Andrews said, so I feel it's reliable. But I have not found it in writing yet.

WASH DC
09-16-2007, 01:51 PM
All the ammo you need and then some is contained in these two articles by Richard Viguerie which I posted in another thread.

http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com...SCategoryID=19

http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com...SCategoryID=19

jblosser
09-16-2007, 02:21 PM
I usually ask them why they are voting for him. Not one of them has said anything yet that goes beyond "he's my man".

I talk about the fact he's running as a conservative federalist, but his record doesn't support this notion, particularly on gun control. He's running on a platform similar to Ron, but Ron's record is consistent and untouchable.

The only difference of substance is the war and the elephant in the room there is still the economy. Saying we're protecting American defense by chasing people around in caves who can barely touch us while borrowing 2B a day from communist China does not compute, whether you think every man, woman, and child on the Arabian peninsula wants us dead or not.

Ron Paul believes we absolutely must defend this country and is saying nothing more than we that need to do it in a way we can maintain against all threats. What we are doing right now is not that.

The Only Woj
09-16-2007, 05:04 PM
don't go on just about the war issue. talk about the financial issues. the federal reserve. the irs. the erosion of civil liberties. the executive orders that are being passed.