PDA

View Full Version : Michael Steele: Abortion Is An "Individual Choice"

bobbyw24
03-12-2009, 09:32 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/11/steele-abortion-is-an-ind_n_174092.html

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Not for the "individual" baby, it's NOT. :p :mad:

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Pauls' Revere
03-12-2009, 09:40 AM
again, no difference between parties.

ChaosControl
03-12-2009, 09:45 AM
He's a scumbag, but then we already knew that.

Dripping Rain
03-12-2009, 09:47 AM
I was sympathetic with Steele
after reading this
I hope his enemies prevail & vote him out
if you cant defend the life of the weakest individual youre a POS who deserves no sympathy
F*k you Michael Steele

MRoCkEd
03-12-2009, 10:04 AM
UPDATE: Michael Steele has clarified his position on abortion in a statement:

"I am pro-life, always have been, always will be. I tried to present why I am pro life while recognizing that my mother had a 'choice' before deciding to put me up for adoption. I thank her every day for supporting life. The strength of the pro life movement lies in choosing life and sharing the wisdom of that choice with those who face difficult circumstances. They did that for my mother and I am here today because they did. In my view Roe vs. Wade was wrongly decided and should be repealed. I realize that there are good people in our party who disagree with me on this issue. But the Republican Party is and will continue to be the party of life. I support our platform and its call for a Human Life Amendment. It is important that we stand up for the defenseless and that we continue to work to change the hearts and minds of our fellow countrymen so that we can welcome all children and protect them under the law."

Monolithic
03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Not for the "individual" baby, it's NOT. :p :mad:

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

"One method of destroying a concept is by diluting its meaning. Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn, i.e., the nonliving, the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living." - Ayn Rand

MRoCkEd
03-12-2009, 10:09 AM
"One method of destroying a concept is by diluting its meaning. Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn, i.e., the nonliving, the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living." - Ayn Rand
Unborn, yes. Nonliving, no.

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 05:40 PM
"One method of destroying a concept is by diluting its meaning. Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn, i.e., the nonliving, the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living." - Ayn Rand That must be a really important 6" trip.

WOW! :rolleyes:

angelatc
03-12-2009, 05:42 PM
It is a choice. Making it legal didn't make it moral though.

specsaregood
03-12-2009, 05:52 PM
It isn't like the Republican party has any credibility on this subject anyways. They had their opportunity to pass an amendment returning it back to the states before and they didn't. They just like to use this issue for their reelection purposes...

torchbearer
03-12-2009, 06:01 PM
It isn't like the Republican party has any credibility on this subject anyways. They had their opportunity to pass an amendment returning it back to the states before and they didn't. They just like to use this issue for their reelection purposes...

this.

TheConstitutionLives
03-12-2009, 06:04 PM
I've gradually moved closer to the pro-choice side of this debate.

Chieppa1
03-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I've gradually moved closer to the pro-choice side of this debate.

I'm pro-choice. I also don't believe its the government business to make it "legal". When they make things legal, they regulate it. They force privately owned hospitals to do abortions even if it is against their beliefs. (Christian hospitals).

ClayTrainor
03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm pro-choice. I also don't believe its the government business to make it "legal". When they make things legal, they regulate it. They force privately owned hospitals to do abortions even if it is against their beliefs. (Christian hospitals).

so you don't believe the baby within the womb, is recognized as an individual?

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 06:22 PM
No, preborn it's an aardvark, born it's a human being. :rolleyes: Aborted it's dead meat. :(

Dripping Rain
03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
No, preborn it's an aardvark, born it's a human being. :rolleyes: Aborted it's dead meat. :(

thanks Truth Warrior I love a lot of your posts

what those "Anti-Lifers" dont understand is that they look at babies as unhuman
those people should look in the mirror more often. they will see a monster

Chieppa1
03-12-2009, 06:39 PM
so you don't believe the baby within the womb, is recognized as an individual?

I am against abortion. But I am for the choice. I don't like forcing my beliefs on others. Its not my place. And its not the governments either.

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 06:41 PM
thanks Truth Warrior I love a lot of your posts

what those "Anti-Lifers" dont understand is that they look at babies as unhuman
those people should look in the mirror more often. they will see a monster :cool: I really appreciate the positive feedback. I get more than plenty of the other kind. :p :rolleyes:

I always wonder if they ever even bother to think of thanking their moms for not aborting them? :rolleyes: Or if their moms ever really wish that they had. ;)

Thanks! :)

Dripping Rain
03-12-2009, 06:52 PM
I am against abortion. But I am for the choice. I don't like forcing my beliefs on others. Its not my place. And its not the governments either.

im glad youre on the bay's side or so it seems
so you dont believe the government has the right to incarcerate murderers or regulate capital punishment?

are you okay with murder?

Dripping Rain
03-12-2009, 06:55 PM
:cool: I really appreciate the positive feedback. I get more than plenty of the other kind. :p :rolleyes:

I always wonder if they ever even bother to think of thanking their moms for not aborting them? :rolleyes: Or if their moms ever really wish that they had. ;)

Thanks! :)

lol

well youre pushing them over the edge. I love your point on their moms. Would they agree with their moms aborting them?

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 07:01 PM
lol

well youre pushing them over the edge. I love your point on their moms. Would they agree with their moms aborting them? Yep, 40+ MILLIONS dead babies since 1973, just seems to me to be just a TAD excessive.<IMHO> :rolleyes: :mad:

Prevent unwanted pregnancies, it's the grown up thing to do. ;)

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
It is an individual choice today. No one is forced to have an abortion.

There are males who go around impregnating as many women as they can. Should a female be forced to go through pregnancy and risk her life? Where are her rights?

Abortion is something to be avoided as much as humanly possible. There should be no elective abortion after the first trimester. But it should be a medical ethics issue (not a government issue), and should be "banned" by the profession as an unacceptable procedure (except for life of the mother, if that situation ever really occurs). "Patient: Hey doc, I'm tired of my arms and legs, would you cut them off for me?" "Doctor: Sorry, won't do it. Your insurance doesn't cover that anyway."

If you have the government make abortion illegal, then there will just be illegal abortion. Luckily the local drug dealer will probably fill the empty market niche, and perform multiple services. Competing abortion providers can then shoot each other for market share.

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 07:38 PM
It is an individual choice today. No one is forced to have an abortion.

There are males who go around impregnating as many women as they can. Should a female be forced to go through pregnancy and risk her life? Where are her rights?

Abortion is something to be avoided as much as humanly possible. There should be no elective abortion after the first trimester. But it should be a medical ethics issue (not a government issue), and should be "banned" by the profession as an unacceptable procedure (except for life of the mother, if that situation ever really occurs). "Patient: Hey doc, I'm tired of my arms and legs, would you cut them off for me?" "Doctor: Sorry, won't do it. Your insurance doesn't cover that anyway."

If you ban abortion, then there will just be illegal abortion. Luckily the local drug dealer will probably fill the empty market niche, and perform multiple services. Competing abortion providers can then shoot each other for market share. The baby is forced to, and gets NO choice. :mad:

Lame abortion rationalization # 27. :rolleyes:

torchbearer
03-12-2009, 07:42 PM
The baby wasn't given a choice if it wanted to be born either.
There is no choice for the baby either way.
Lame rationalization either way.

Two people fighting over the same resources.
TO pick a side makes you wrong either way.
How about let the people involved make the choice, it is their lives and 'souls' that are at stake.
It does not effect you.

To intervene would be forcing yourself into someone else's situation.

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 07:48 PM
The baby wasn't given a choice if it wanted to be born either.
There is no choice for the baby either way.
Lame rationalization either way.

Two people fighting over the same resources.
TO pick a side makes you wrong either way.
How about let the people involved make the choice, it is their lives and 'souls' that are at stake.
It does not effect you.

To intervene would be forcing yourself into someone else's situation. :rolleyes:

3rd option: Prevent unwanted pregnancies, it's the grown up thing to do. ;)

torchbearer
03-12-2009, 07:51 PM
:rolleyes:

3rd option: Prevent unwanted pregnancies, it's the grown up thing to do. ;)

That is called personal responsibility. it is not called government responsibility.

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 07:58 PM
that is called personal responsibility. It is not called government responsibility. Duh!!! And Duh!!!

OddballAZ
03-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Steele is a total piece of shit. He was the Neo Con's affirmative action vote.

If the Republicans wanted to vote for a real Republican who is also black, then they should have elected Ken Blackwell. But Steele gets on Faux news every other hour so he got picked so the sheeple can continue to think Faux is some rightwing news organization. Fuckin idiots.

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2009, 08:51 PM
The baby is forced to, and gets NO choice. :mad:

Overly-emotional appeals generally work better on Democrats.

Sing along with TW... :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Overly-emotional appeals generally work better on Democrats.

Sing along with TW... :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8

Nothing overly emotional about it, just FACTS. The Dems are THE baby killing party. :rolleyes:

Guilty conscience?

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Nothing overly emotional about it, just FACTS.

Guilty conscience?

Nope. And you?

Although as the song goes, it would be impossible to round them all up now... :eek:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8)

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Nope. And you?

Although as the song goes, it would be impossible to round them all up now... :eek:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8)

Nope!

No sound on this PC.

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Nothing overly emotional about it, just FACTS. The Dems are THE baby killing party. :rolleyes:

"baby killing" is a prejudicial (and emotional) term to use...and not medically accepted during the first trimester.

But this is off the topic of Steele, who I could care less about. The title of the thread was an accurate description of the current state though.

Truth Warrior
03-12-2009, 09:34 PM
"baby killing" is a prejudicial (and emotional) term to use...and not medically accepted during the first trimester.

But this is off the topic of Steele, who I could care less about. The title of the thread was an accurate description of the current state though.

Maybe we should just call it "collateral damage". :p :rolleyes: How about "assisted suicide"? How about "BARBARIC"?

What were you called prenatally?

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2009, 09:44 PM

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2009, 09:53 PM

PureCommonSense
03-14-2009, 06:15 PM
I am glad at least some people know the truth about Michael Steele and abortion. If anybody is sharp about these tidbits, it is definitely the Ron Paul folk. I have argued on numerous forums and even did a post on my blog about this topic. Michael Steele is PRO-LIFE. The media has said otherwise because of a little soundbite phrase: individual choice.

If you look at Steele's strategy on the Life issue, this phrase makes sense coming from him. Although he does not believe in the "choice" to murder one's child, he does think of the issue in terms of individuals making choices everyday and he wants to draw women away from making the catastrophic "choice " of abortion. He wants it to be illegal, but he sees reducing the rate by influencing individual choices at a micro level as a more realistic short-term goal.

Zuras
03-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Steele and other top repubs better start walking on eggshells. The loony left media disinformation complex is actively seeking any repubs it can get its crosshairs affixed to, covering fire to mask the screams of lady liberty while Odumba destroys the country.

The_Orlonater
03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
The baby is forced to, and gets NO choice. :mad:

Lame abortion rationalization # 27. :rolleyes:

Your opinion seems statist. How would market anarchy handle this? :rolleyes: