PDA

View Full Version : How do I convince my friend that private charities are better?

yaz
03-12-2009, 02:16 AM
How do I convince my friend that private charities are better than federally funded handouts for mentally handicapped and disabled people?

I told him: why trust corrupt politicians to forcefully take our money for things that we can choose to do for ourselves?

He feels as though sometimes private charities are better and other times- such as in the case of forcefully taking care of the mentally handicapped through government taxing and spending- is better.

I tried to explain to him that a politicians are no more moral than we are and it's immoral to force people to pay for something no matter how good of a cause.

I told him, why not leave those decisions up to local government such as city council? He said that some cities would choose not to take care of the ones who cannot take care of themselves.

Please tell me your opinion on this and why you think I'm right or wrong. Then if you think I'm right tell me how to prove my point better.