PDA

View Full Version : They intend to STARVE us

susano
03-11-2009, 10:58 PM
You May Be Arrested Soon For Growing A Tomato

As our government hands over billions to Wall Street bankers, jobless Americans live in tent cities and collect food stamps in record numbers. Now when we need it the most, growing our own food may be against the law and punishable by a fine of up to $1,000,000. Think I’m joking? Meet Bill HR 875, The Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009, introduced by Rosa DeLauro whose husband Stanley Greenburg works for Monsanto. The insanity doesn’t stop there—fishing boats, hotdog stands, neighborhood vegetable booths and farmers’ markets will be federally regulated under the same draconian law. As always, the spin is designed to make you (the public) believe these new provisions are for your own good. Under the deceitful guise of protection, the goal of this bill is crystal clear: to prevent us from locally growing our own food so multinational agribusiness can completely control the production and distribution of our food supply. I refer you to the usual suspects—Monsanto, ADM, Sodexo, Tyson, and Smithfield.

This bill is designed to allow corporations, with the help of their hired government guns, to force small competitors (you and me) out of business. This is as evil as it gets, folks. Since the dawn of man we have hunted and farmed our own food——it’s second nature. To be stripped of the most fundamental act of survival is equivalent to the kind of mass enslavement you only read about in history books, like the kind under Pharaohs in ancient Egypt.

Lurking within the maze of technical lawyer-like jargon, the bill places wildly restrictive regulatory incumbrances on the average vegetable growing Joe-The-Plumber, small organic farmer, or anyone for that matter who may one day decide to grow a small garden. The bill would require anyone associated with growing, storing, transporting or processing food to be subject to inspections by federal agents of their property and all records related to food production; you would be required to conduct specials tests, maintain samples and records, and allow government officials to mandate the use of chemical pesticides, fertilizers, specific types of nutrients, packaging, and temperature controls. Violation of any of these provisions would subject the offender to property seizure, imprisonment and fines up to $1,000,000. The implementation of these bogus regulations are designed to be so cost and time prohibitive, no one would bother to grow their own food or risk being jailed and fined for participating in a black market.

Linn Cohen-Cole with Oped News writes:

“The bill is monstrous on level after level - the power it would give to Monsanto, the criminalization of seed banking, the prison terms and confiscatory fines for farmers, the 24 hours GPS tracking of their animals, the easements on their property to allow for warrantless government entry, the stripping away of their property rights, the imposition by the filthy, greedy industrial side of anti-farming international ‘industrial’ standards to independent farms - the only part of our food system that still works, the planned elimination of farmers through all these means.

“The corporations want the land, they want more intensive industrialization, they want the end of normal animals so they can substitute patented genetically engineered ones they own, they want the end of normal seeds and thus of seed banking by farmers or individuals. They want control over all seeds, animals, water, and land.”

I urge you to read the bill here (http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h875/text), then call your representative and congressman.

Here is a video on it:

http://blog.friendseat.com/rosa-delauro-hates-small-farms/

RSLudlum
03-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Just scanning through, it looks pretty awful. I always like going straight to the 'Enforcement' sections of bills first. So a took a gander and see that you will not be able to deny entry if you are a 'food establishment' or 'food production facility'. Go straight to the definition section to see what the bill claims these to be:

from the definition section:

13) FOOD ESTABLISHMENT-CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

(A) IN GENERAL- The term ‘food establishment’ means a slaughterhouse (except those regulated under the Federal Meat Inspection Act or the Poultry Products Inspection Act), factory, warehouse, or facility owned or operated by a person located in any State that processes food or a facility that holds, stores, or transports food or food ingredients.

(B) EXCLUSIONS- For the purposes of registration, the term ‘food establishment’ does not include a food production facility as defined in paragraph (14), restaurant, other retail food establishment, nonprofit food establishment in which food is prepared for or served directly to the consumer, or fishing vessel (other than a fishing vessel engaged in processing, as that term is defined in section 123.3 of title 21, Code of Federal Regulations).

You mean to tell me nobody will be able to 'process' some turkey or sweet potatoes then 'transport' to their family's house to be consumed? You might say thats excluded by the 'non profit' clause, but is it really? What exactly do they mean by 'directly'?

14) FOOD PRODUCTION FACILITY- The term ‘food production facility’ means any farm, ranch, orchard, vineyard, aquaculture facility, or confined animal-feeding operation.

Wouldn't any private property be considered 'confined' due to property boundaries?

youngbuck
03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
What is happening around us? This is nuts, insane, crazy, twisted, horrible, and maybe a few others.

dannno
03-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm starting to grow food right now. I have the same attitude about my garden as many people here do about their guns. I am building it and toiling all with my bare hands, no mechanical equipment. You want my farm? Come get it scumbags.

youngbuck
03-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm starting to grow food right now. I have the same attitude about my garden as many people here do about there guns. I am building it and toiling all with my bare hands, no mechanical equipment. You want my farm? Come get it scumbags.

Yea dude, I feel the exact same way about both, food/garden and guns. In relation to gun rights, this bill is akin to an all out ban on firearms.

THIS MUST BE STOPPED. This is at least an all out declaration of war on the people.

pcosmar
03-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm starting to grow food right now. I have the same attitude about my garden as many people here do about there guns. I am building it and toiling all with my bare hands, no mechanical equipment. You want my farm? Come get it scumbags.

Keep your rifle on your shoulder while working your land.

No. I'm not kidding.

MsDoodahs
03-12-2009, 10:36 AM
GO WATCH THIS FILM.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=the+soviet+story&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#

LRC blog linked to it the other day.

I couldn't watch the whole thing.

When they showed the starving Ukrainian children being shot for trying to get a single grain from the field...I had to stop.

MURDEROUS BASTARDS!!!!

:mad::(:(

Danke
03-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Just scanning through, it looks pretty awful. I always like going straight to the 'Enforcement' sections of bills first. So a took a gander and see that you will not be able to deny entry if you are a 'food establishment' or 'food production facility'. Go straight to the definition section to see what the bill claims these to be:

from the definition section:

You mean to tell me nobody will be able to 'process' some turkey or sweet potatoes then 'transport' to their family's house to be consumed? You might say thats excluded by the 'non profit' clause, but is it really? What exactly do they mean by 'directly'?

Wouldn't any private property be considered 'confined' due to property boundaries?

You can't read too much into it until you see the definitions of the terms they are using. Many laws that seem to apply to common everyday folks, really don't.

For instance, a "person" many times is not a human being, but a corporation.

youngbuck
03-12-2009, 10:53 AM
I couldn't watch the whole thing.

When they showed the starving Ukrainian children being shot for trying to get a single grain from the field...I had to stop.

MURDEROUS BASTARDS!!!!

:mad::(:(

Reading that made me have a profound torrent of emotions that I've never before experienced.

sevin
03-12-2009, 10:58 AM
You can't read too much into it until you see the definitions of the terms they are using. Many laws that seem to apply to common everyday folks, really don't.

For instance, a "person" many times is not a human being, but a corporation.

Yeah, let's not overreact. I really don't think they're gonna raid your home and throw you in jail for growing some carrots and tomatoes in your backyard.

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah, let's not overreact. I really don't think they're gonna raid your home and throw you in jail for growing some carrots and tomatoes in your backyard.

yet. . .

youngbuck
03-12-2009, 11:13 AM
yet. . .

Exactly.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
You May Be Arrested Soon For Growing A Tomato

As our government hands over billions to Wall Street bankers, jobless Americans live in tent cities and collect food stamps in record numbers. Now when we need it the most, growing our own food may be against the law and punishable by a fine of up to $1,000,000. Think I’m joking? Meet Bill HR 875, The Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009, introduced by Rosa DeLauro whose husband Stanley Greenburg works for Monsanto. The insanity doesn’t stop there—fishing boats, hotdog stands, neighborhood vegetable booths and farmers’ markets will be federally regulated under the same draconian law. As always, the spin is designed to make you (the public) believe these new provisions are for your own good. Under the deceitful guise of protection, the goal of this bill is crystal clear: to prevent us from locally growing our own food so multinational agribusiness can completely control the production and distribution of our food supply. I refer you to the usual suspects—Monsanto, ADM, Sodexo, Tyson, and Smithfield.

This bill is designed to allow corporations, with the help of their hired government guns, to force small competitors (you and me) out of business. This is as evil as it gets, folks. Since the dawn of man we have hunted and farmed our own food——it’s second nature. To be stripped of the most fundamental act of survival is equivalent to the kind of mass enslavement you only read about in history books, like the kind under Pharaohs in ancient Egypt.

Lurking within the maze of technical lawyer-like jargon, the bill places wildly restrictive regulatory incumbrances on the average vegetable growing Joe-The-Plumber, small organic farmer, or anyone for that matter who may one day decide to grow a small garden. The bill would require anyone associated with growing, storing, transporting or processing food to be subject to inspections by federal agents of their property and all records related to food production; you would be required to conduct specials tests, maintain samples and records, and allow government officials to mandate the use of chemical pesticides, fertilizers, specific types of nutrients, packaging, and temperature controls. Violation of any of these provisions would subject the offender to property seizure, imprisonment and fines up to $1,000,000. The implementation of these bogus regulations are designed to be so cost and time prohibitive, no one would bother to grow their own food or risk being jailed and fined for participating in a black market.

Linn Cohen-Cole with Oped News writes:

“The bill is monstrous on level after level - the power it would give to Monsanto, the criminalization of seed banking, the prison terms and confiscatory fines for farmers, the 24 hours GPS tracking of their animals, the easements on their property to allow for warrantless government entry, the stripping away of their property rights, the imposition by the filthy, greedy industrial side of anti-farming international ‘industrial’ standards to independent farms - the only part of our food system that still works, the planned elimination of farmers through all these means.

“The corporations want the land, they want more intensive industrialization, they want the end of normal animals so they can substitute patented genetically engineered ones they own, they want the end of normal seeds and thus of seed banking by farmers or individuals. They want control over all seeds, animals, water, and land.”

I urge you to read the bill here (http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h875/text), then call your representative and congressman.

Here is a video on it:

http://blog.friendseat.com/rosa-delauro-hates-small-farms/

If a law were passed preventing mothers from taking care of their children, then such a law would violate the natural law of motherhood. These types of laws don't keep mothers from taking care of their children, but instead cause the mothers and their children to be persecuted (as in lots of needless pain and suffering).

zach
03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Next, there'll be a law for evacuating your bowels only if an approved observer is around at the time. :rolleyes:

ihsv
03-12-2009, 12:40 PM
The point is if they get legislation of any kind addressing this topic passed, then just like the Patriot act they have the laws on the books for future use. They could pass something like this and sit on it for awhile, and people get complacent because they figure "they're not going to enforce it".

They are building the framework.

pcosmar
03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
"Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world."

I believe it was Kissinger.

TruckinMike
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Next, there'll be a law for evacuating your bowels only if an approved observer is around at the time. :rolleyes:

"In 1992, Congress passed the Energy Policy Act of 1992 which, among other things, mandated maximum flow rates for toilets (http://sogweb.sog.unc.edu/Water/index.php/Building_Codes_and_Efficiency)" -- 1.6 gallons

TMike

LibForestPaul
03-12-2009, 05:19 PM

Yeah, not as if the government will steal your house and give it to some developers or something so they get more tax revenue. Only dilapidated properties are ever confiscated using eminent domain, for stuff like roads and bridges.:D

heavenlyboy34
03-12-2009, 05:32 PM
I was warning a friend of mine about this kind of stuff, and she just blew me off-she thought she knew everything and I'm just overreacting. I hope she survives. :(

Rael
03-12-2009, 06:21 PM
No way this could work. Think of the massive amount of grossly obese people in this country. It would take forever.

susano
03-13-2009, 12:02 AM
The point is if they get legislation of any kind addressing this topic passed, then just like the Patriot act they have the laws on the books for future use. They could pass something like this and sit on it for awhile, and people get complacent because they figure "they're not going to enforce it".

They are building the framework.

Exactly right and anyone here who doesn't know that must not have listen to Ron Paul over the years.

This is an attempt to take complete control over the food supply.

susano
03-13-2009, 12:03 AM
UPDATE: Friends Eat, the blog that ran the pice in the OP (linked) got hacked when they printed this. Their links won't work, right now. The good news is they've have thousands of hits.

Now, back to DeLauro and Greenberg

By Andrew Zajac

Washington Bureau

4:44 PM CST, February 24, 2009

WASHINGTON— White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel's Washington lodging arrangements, a rent-free basement room in a Capitol Hill home owned by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn) and her pollster husband, have inspired debate among tax experts and in Republican-leaning parts of the blogosphere.

One issue is whether Emanuel, who served in the House with DeLauro until early January, should have listed the room either as a gift or as income on his congressional financial disclosure forms. Emanuel's disclosure filings contain no mention of his use of the room.

A murkier question is whether Emanuel has a tax liability for the arrangement. The matter may have particular sensitivity in the early days of an Obama administration in which at least four picks for high posts have had confirmations delayed or derailed by tax irregularities.

A further complexity involves DeLauro's husband, Stan Greenberg, an old friend of Emanuel's whose firm had done polling work for an Emanuel campaign committee and for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, which Emanuel headed in 2005 and 2006.

Emanuel's rooming agreement with DeLauro and Greenberg is a twist on a familiar arrangement in the capital. Many lawmakers room together while in Washington, though in many cases they rent apartments and share costs.

Emanuel has stayed in the basement room of the home for free during House sessions for approximately five years, according to the Hartford Courant.

Neither Emanuel nor DeLauro could be reached for comment.

Emanuel's accommodations drew attention in early February when the gawker.com web site accused Emanuel of living in an illegal apartment in DeLauro's house.

DeLauro issued a statement batting down the story by asserting that "we have no separate apartment in our D.C. house, no rental apartment," and that bedrooms and living areas in the house "are often used by close family and friends."

Her statement also said the house had been inspected in November by Washington zoning officials pursuant to a complaint. The inspection was "uneventful and we did not hear again from the zoning office," she said.

Jan Baran, a Washington ethics lawyer who advises mostly Republicans, said Emanuel's use of the room from DeLauro and Greenberg does not violate House ethics rules since members clearly are allowed to give each other gifts of lodging.

Greenberg's co-ownership of the property doesn't affect DeLauro's ability to offer hospitality subject to House rules permitting the practice, Baran said. "It's indisputably her home," Baran said.

Tax experts are divided about whether Emanuel would have an IRS liability for the free room. The issue has aroused unusual online interest among tax experts, perhaps because arcane points of tax law rarely intersect with mainstream political events, said Paul Caron, an associate dean at the University of Cincinnati Law School and author of the TaxProf blog.

Caron said Greenberg's polling work for Emanuel and the DCCC muddies the argument that the room is a gift and thus either tax exempt or subject only to limited taxation.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/chi-emanuel_feb24,0,6696332.story

susano
03-13-2009, 01:42 PM
If you can, please leave a comment on the blog that got hacked for running the piece on this. They have never been hacked before and it was, obviously, a result of publicizing this info (in a critical way). We need to support those who speak out for freedom! Their site is fixed now.

http://blog.friendseat.com/rosa-delauro-hates-small-farms1/

sheepmoney
03-13-2009, 02:19 PM
I heard a conspiracy theory about the elite wanting to reduce the world population by 90% partly through starvation, malnutrition and poisoning.

I fobbed it off as a bit crazy, but when you see laws like these being past it makes you wonder.

tangent4ronpaul
03-13-2009, 02:30 PM
If a law were passed preventing mothers from taking care of their children, then such a law would violate the natural law of motherhood. These types of laws don't keep mothers from taking care of their children, but instead cause the mothers and their children to be persecuted (as in lots of needless pain and suffering).

hmmm... wouldn't a breastfeeding mom be considered a "food production facility"?

Actually Nestle tried something similar years ago. They went to a south american country and dressed their people in white (medical) coats. Then advised local mothers that they should use their formula instead of breast feeding. The formula was free just long enough for them to stop producing milk naturally and since they were poverty stricken, the results obvious. People died.

Don't put it past a corporation to try something like this.

Since they want to chip cows, how long will it be before they want to chip moms?

-t

susano
03-13-2009, 04:30 PM
I heard a conspiracy theory about the elite wanting to reduce the world population by 90% partly through starvation, malnutrition and poisoning.

I fobbed it off as a bit crazy, but when you see laws like these being past it makes you wonder.

That's not a conspiracy theory. Henry Kissinger, among others, has said it openly. It's the official goal of The Club of Rome, of which he is a member. The figure is more like 80% culling.

Magicman
04-04-2009, 10:21 AM
This reminds me a lot of the movie scanner darkly. Watch the ending. The Illuminati is putting the truth in many films as apart of a relics and symbols. To me, it's a metaphor for controlling G_d's creation and destiny and we're left with their deviant GM modified foods to mock G-D.

The man represents the Devil, and when Keanu Reeves character looks at the flower, (symbolic: flower of life) he instructs him like a dog to get up and says "Stop worshipping, this isn't your God any more although it once was."

That's what is happening now whether you believe it or not. This isn't about humanity this is about Satan making claim over the throne of "creation" and taking what it cannot have. These puppets like Monsanto are apart of the grander scheme of the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mea0tq0KWu4

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 11:00 AM

Yep, conspiracy theory...dismiss it, move along.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=187049

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=186684

fedup100
04-04-2009, 11:04 AM

Really? This same bunch of filth passed the exact laws in Russia at the early part of the 20th century and starved 10 million people to death. Look at the Palestinians and imagine that is you and your children. The bunch that control us are butchering them and you are next.

Isaac Bickerstaff
04-04-2009, 11:18 AM
We need a good old fashioned "Congress shall make no law. . ." Constitutional amendment guaranteeing the right to grow food, save seeds, and sell the food you produce. Who would publicly oppose such a proposal?
I believe the only reason there is no such amendment in the Bill of Rights already is that the possibility of government attempting to take away farming rights was so preposterous to the framers of the Constitution that the need to protect them would have seemed laughable at the time.

rpfan2008
04-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I see these whole (layoffs, bankruptcy rates, restriction on growing own food) conspiracy is an alternative to the (mil) draft.

Reason
04-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Q: Would a new bill in Congress make my backyard organic garden illegal?
This one keeps hitting my inbox.
Hello friends and fellow citizens,

BEWARE THE FOOD POLICE! HR 875/S425
IT WOULD NATIONALIZE FARMING- DESTROY ORGANICS- EVEN ATTACK YOUR PRIVATE
GARDEN!
I just stumbled on some pretty disturbing legislation coming out of the Congress of the United States. The bill is HR 875 and it's labeled as the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009. At first glance it didn't seem like much. However, there are several, including exposing some pretty scary legislation enclosed in the bill.
In the midst of the financial crisis, it seems that these initiatives are sliding in under the radar. Many people are not even aware of them-
It is imperative that you look into this immediately and with extreme scrutiny as our heath and well-being are threatened!!! If this bill passes, you can say goodbye to organic produce, your Local Farmer’s market and very possibly, the GARDEN IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD!!!!!
Things we are finding in the bill:
* Effectively criminalizes organic farming but doesn't actually use the word organic.
* Effects anyone growing food even if they are not selling it but consuming it.
* Effects anyone producing meat of any kind including wild game.
* Legislation is so broad based that every aspect of growing or producing food can be made illegal. There are no specifics which is bizarre considering how long the legislation is.
* Section 103 is almost entirely about the administrative aspect of the legislation. It will allow the appointing of officials from the factory farming corporations and lobbyists and classify them as experts and allow them to determine and interpret the legislation. Who do you think they are going to side with?
* Section 206 defines what will be considered a food production facility and what will be enforced up all food production facilities. The wording is so broad based that a backyard gardener could be fined and more.
* Section 207 requires that the state's agriculture dept act as the food police and enforce the federal requirements. This takes away the states power and is in violation of the 10th amendment.
The bill is monstrous on level after level - the power it would give to Monsanto, the criminalization of seed banking, the prison terms and confiscatory fines for farmers, the 24 hours GPS tracking of their animals, the easements on their property to allow for warrantless government entry, the stripping away of their property rights, the imposition by the filthy, greedy industrial side of anti-farming international "industrial" standards to independent farms - the only part of our food system that still works, the planned elimination of farmers through all these means.

I encourage you to look into this immediately and help remove this bizarre piece of legislation.

A: A House bill proposes to split the Food & Drug Administration, creating a separate entity to oversee food safety. It's aimed at food sold in supermarkets and doesn't say anything about organic gardening, pesticides, farmers' markets or that tomato plant in your backyard.
Bookmark and Share

Talk about Internet hysteria. This bill, H.R. 875, introduced by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), has sparked chain e-mails, blog postings and other exclamation-point-filled rants (like the one above), claiming that the legislation targets organic farmers, benefits manufacturers of genetically engineered seeds, and threatens to uproot backyard vegetable gardens across the country. It doesn't.

DeLauro introduced H.R. 875, called the Food Safety Modernization Act, on Feb. 4, and it was promptly referred to House committees. There's no indication as to when it may be brought to the floor for consideration, despite what some blog posts maintain. The stated purpose of the bill is “to establish an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services to be known as the 'Food Safety Administration,' " which would oversee food safety and labeling in the U.S., creating a single government entity in charge of preventing food-borne illnesses. DeLauro's press release announcing the legislation, introduced after the peanut butter salmonella outbreak in the U.S., said that “FDA would be split into an agency responsible for food safety (the Food Safety Administration) and another responsible for regulation of drugs and devices. This move creates an agency solely focused on protecting the public through better regulation of the food supply.”

The bill has 41 cosponsors and has been endorsed by major food and consumer safety organizations, including the Center for Science in the Public Interest, Consumer Federation of America, Consumers Union, Food & Water Watch, and The Pew Charitable Trusts. Food & Water Watch is a nonprofit organization that advocates for clean water and safe food and is headed by a woman who used to work for Public Citizen, the consumer group founded by Ralph Nader. It has posted a fact sheet on H.R. 875 on its site, disputing rumors about "food police."

The legislation stipulates that the new FSA (Food Safety Administration) would set safety regulations for food establishments and "food production facilities" and would be able to inspect such facilities. Its regulations also would pertain to imported foods. The e-mail posted above and others say that the definition of "food production facility" is so broad that it could include backyard gardens. The bill says: "The term 'food production facility' means any farm, ranch, orchard, vineyard, aquaculture facility, or confined animal-feeding operation." It seems quite a stretch to think that anyone's personal vegetable patch would be considered a "farm, ranch or orchard." First Lady Michelle Obama showed no signs of concern last week as she broke ground on a sizable 1,100-foot garden plot on the White House lawn. Organic, of course.

The e-mail above argues that DeLauro's bill "[e]ffectively criminalizes organic farming but doesn't actually use the word organic." We're not sure how exactly a bill would criminalize something it doesn't mention, but the e-mail is correct in that the word "organic" is nowhere to be found. Another Internet posting more alarmingly claims: "Bill will require organic farms to use specific fertilizers and poisonous insect sprays dictated by the newly formed agency to 'make sure there is no danger to the public food supply.' " But the quoted phrase isn't in this bill. Nor is there any mention of chemical versus organic fertilizers or "poisonous insect sprays," or, for that matter, pesticides in general.

The only mention of fertilizers we could find was this, requiring that the FSA create regulations to: "include, with respect to growing, harvesting, sorting, and storage operations, minimum standards related to fertilizer use, nutrients, hygiene, packaging, temperature controls, animal encroachment, and water." The idea that "fertilizer use" would not include organic fertilizers is pure speculation well beyond what the legislation calls for.

Also, organic farming is regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, under its "National Organic Program," not the FDA.

And It Gets Even More Hysterical

E-mails and blog postings claim that the agricultural giant Monsanto will benefit greatly from the bill; some say the often-protested company was the main lobbyist, and still others say DeLauro's husband "works for Monsanto." He doesn't.

DeLauro's spouse, Stanley Greenberg, is chairman and CEO of Greenberg-Quinlan Research Inc., a public issues research and polling firm. The company does surveys. And public relations work. Monsanto was one of the firm's clients. Greenberg is a pollster, not a lobbyist or a Monsanto employee, and he just released a memoir on his life as a pollster to five world leaders, including Bill Clinton and Nelson Mandela.

Also, there is nothing in the bill about "GPS tracking" of animals, as the e-mail above states, and not a peep about "seed banking."

Small Farm Concern

Small farmers, however, may well have concerns about this bill. Food & Water Watch's fact sheet acknowledges that there's always a worry that government regulation of food production will adversely affect small farms, which can't absorb the possible costs of abiding by regulation as easily as big food producers can. "The dilemma of how to regulate food safety in a way that prevents problems caused by industrialized agriculture but doesn’t wipe out small diversified farms is not new and is not easily solved," the site says. It goes on to say that other bills, not H.R. 875, that have been introduced could create problems for small operations, such as one that requires electronic record-keeping and registration fees with the FDA.

Another group called the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund, which supports "sustainable farming and direct farm-to-consumer transactions," raises several concerns about DeLauro's legislation and how it could affect small farms and in particular, producers of raw milk, which the FDA has declared to be unfit for consumption. But the group states that "much of what has circulated the internet is not accurate," and nowhere in its criticism of the legislation does it say organic farming would be outlawed or home gardeners would face regulations.

We suppose in the grand realm of all that's possible, or more likely a futuristic B movie, federal bureaucrats could decide that public safety calls for inspections of every backyard garden in the nation, leading everyday citizens to surreptitiously cultivate tomato plants in a closet with a sunlamp, lest they get busted by the cops. But we kinda doubt it.

– by Lori Robertson

Full disclosure: The author has an organic vegetable garden.
Sources
111th Congress, 1st session. H.R. 875.

Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn). “DeLauro Assails Full-Scale Breakdown of Food Safety System and Introduces New FDA Reform Legislation,” press release, 4 Feb. 2009.

Food & Water Watch. Background on H.R. 875, accessed 26 March 2009.

Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund. HR 875 – The Federal Take-Over of Food Regulation, 13 March 2009.

Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund. Flawed Food Safety Bills in Congress, accessed 26 March 2009.

Copyright © 2003 - 2009, Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania
FactCheck.org's staff, not the Annenberg Center, is responsible for this material.

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 12:31 PM
We need a good old fashioned "Congress shall make no law. . ." Constitutional amendment guaranteeing the right to grow food, save seeds, and sell the food you produce. Who would publicly oppose such a proposal?
I believe the only reason there is no such amendment in the Bill of Rights already is that the possibility of government attempting to take away farming rights was so preposterous to the framers of the Constitution that the need to protect them would have seemed laughable at the time.

That has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm fairly sure that my grandfather would have been out hanging politicians in Britain, and that even my father-in-law would be advocating revolution right now. The Founding Fathers never expected the People to become complacent, or to ignore their warnings as unfounded or irrelevant. The truth of the matter is that despite huge advancements in technology, people haven't changed - however, since we see ourselves as an advanced society because we have iPods and HDTV, we don't expect dictators to rise from our own ranks to oppress us. It's a "That's so 1940's" attitude that has got us into this mess, and we need to educate future generations to be AWARE of this, and that our society needs to be looking for ways to protect fairness and liberty all the time.

We can't compromise even once, we cannot settle for the lesser of two evils - since both are evil - and our vigilance for those who would turn administration over a free society to their own agenda needs to be eternal. We need "none of the above" on every ballot at every level, to ensure true public servants in office, and accountability for their promises and actions while they are there.

Reason
04-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Please search before posting a thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=182672

dgr
04-04-2009, 01:20 PM
There are eight steps in the rise and fall of a civilzation, we are in step seven
"from complaisancy, to acceptance, to dependence on the goverment"
We only have two years to slow down step seven and four years for a hope of preventing
step eight "total control of the goverment"

The_Orlonater
04-04-2009, 01:32 PM
In Chicago, the polish population has a huge culture of growing their own garden and vegetables. My neighbors on the North West Side do it, my grandmother and mother do it.

Obama must really be out of his mind if he passes this.
For the first few months in office, he is really trying to be our worst president.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-04-2009, 01:41 PM
What is happening around us? This is nuts, insane, crazy, twisted, horrible, and maybe a few others.

It is our fault.
So, the solution to this grave problem isn't to do anything about it but to take responsibility. If the government has taken my lowly, prostituted position in life and made me a permanent wretched whore, I need to confess to my condition rather than living in denial by trying to act like I'm a pimp. That is what we need to come to terms with as Americans. The vast majority of us simply haven't the power to be part of the tyranny that pimps us; rather, we are really members of the people who are getting exploited. So, stop living in denial.
To substantiate what I say, our Founding-Fathers in The Declaration of Independence didn't sign their names as leaders. No, to the contrary, they signed their names as actors acting out the part of a submissive people who at that time followed after a rightful king ordained with God's sovereign authority.
That is what made our economy great.
An economy will never grow and prosper by the sum of its parts being greater than the whole. A law of biology states that the sum of the parts of an organism is never greater than the whole. So, stop trying to save the economy and start trying to save that which was deemed self-evidently true and unalienably our natural right. That conclusion deemed that all men, both male and female, are created equal with a natural right (business agenda).

DAFTEK
04-04-2009, 02:16 PM
In Chicago, the polish population has a huge culture of growing their own garden and vegetables. My neighbors on the North West Side do it, my grandmother and mother do it.

Obama must really be out of his mind if he passes this.
For the first few months in office, he is really trying to be our worst president.

What makes you say "Trying"? I think its purposely. Think about it. :)

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 03:06 PM
There are eight steps in the rise and fall of a civilzation, we are in step seven
"from complaisancy, to acceptance, to dependence on the goverment"
We only have two years to slow down step seven and four years for a hope of preventing
step eight "total control of the goverment"

It's called the Tytler Cycle.

Alexander Tytler, a Scottish historian who lived at the same time as the American Founding Fathers, who described a repeating cycle in history. He had found that societies went through this same cycle again and again, and that the cycle lasted roughly 200 years each time. Tytler said the cycle starts out with a society in bondage. Then it goes in this sequence:

Bondage
Spiritual Faith
Courage
Liberty
Abundance
Selfishness
Complacency
Apathy
Dependence
Then starting over with Bondage.

Tytler organized these items in a circle:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MP-7_SmDiks/SK7ouskNtuI/AAAAAAAAABE/BzdH77rjQeE/s320-R/tytler.jpg

So to give a little more on the sequence above, a society starts out in bondage, meaning no or very limited freedoms. Now faced with a very difficult situation (bondage), they turn to religion and religious faith. Through this they achieve the courage they need to fight for and win their freedom. Next, through the benefits of freedom, they achieve an abundance in material things.

Now we start into the other side of the circle/cycle. We get selfishness and laziness setting in. Then we get apathy and finally dependence. Then we arrive back up at the top with bondage again.

Most of Tytler's work has been completely lost.

We're definitely past abundance (you could mark this in the USA as the 50's), and I would say past apathy (bear in mind that a LOT more people voted this year than before, marking some considerable increase in awareness).

Judging by the vast welfare states we have, possibly through dependence; we are certainly dependent on the Middle East for oil - manufactured goods and debt exchange from China.

You could also say that due to the vast reductions in liberties we've seen in the last decade, we could technically be termed to be in bondage right now, just a loose form of imprisonment within a single-state system (that maintains an illusion of a dual-party system). From a certain point of view, voting in Obama was a general acquiescence to bondage, of voting in the status quo.

Now for the good news.

First - we are aware of this cycle.

Second, there are no timescales on this cycle, and that each phase overlaps.

Faith in terms of what is going on right now could be faith in Constitutional rather than religious values, passing into Courage and then Liberty and Abundance. It's our responsibility to pass along this knowledge, and teach our children and grandchildren to continuously break this cycle, or at least stall it in the liberty/abundance phase, and not to take their liberty for granted.

phill4paul
04-04-2009, 03:35 PM
This is a conspiracy thread and is conflagratorial in its content and does not further the agenda of Liberty Forest in recruiting Republicans to our cause. Ittherefore should be moved to hot topics.<IMHO>;):confused::(:D:o:p:mad:

heavenlyboy34
04-04-2009, 03:39 PM
This is a conspiracy thread and is conflagratorial in its content and does not further the agenda of Liberty Forest in recruiting Republicans to our cause. Ittherefore should be moved to hot topics.<IMHO>

Liberty Forest is just about recruiting Republicans now? :eek::p:(:mad: So that's why things have been going downhill. :(