PDA

View Full Version : Beck tops Hannity, moves to #2 in cable ratings

AggieforPaul
03-11-2009, 06:19 PM
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/beck_tops_hannity_second_biggest_draw_in_cable_new s_111077.asp?c=rss

:)

Fox is gonna have to have to give Greta's spot to Beck pretty soon. He's putting up ridiculous numbers without even having a good time slot. My dream is that he's the #1 punit in 2011, and that he officially endorses Ron Paul on his show.

And for everyone saying he's a phony, a neo-con, whatever: even if he was, you think h';s going to quit telling the truth about the economy and Washington corruption, and go back to being a neo-con and sacrifice the ratings he's getting? Doubtful!

paulitics
03-11-2009, 06:39 PM
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/beck_tops_hannity_second_biggest_draw_in_cable_new s_111077.asp?c=rss

[QUOTE] He's putting up ridiculous numbers without even having a good time slot.

You are right about that.

you think h';s going to quit telling the truth about the economy and Washington corruption, and go back to being a neo-con and sacrifice the ratings he's getting? Doubtful!

Will he continue to mix truth with bullsht? Yes. Will he still be a neocon about foreign policy, civil liberties? Yes. You can take that to the bank. And if you are saying to yourself, "that's not so bad", Did you think that perhaps that is his intended purpose; to mix authoritarian principles to a 90% consitutional message, therefore turning something so eloquently simple into something grey and ambiguous.

Cowlesy
03-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I triple dog dare Glenn Beck to FAIRLY report the Chas Freeman story about the Israel Lobby subverting our Foreign Policy.

Ooh Beck, if you want to get in the news, there is your story.

I dare you.

Crowish
03-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Hannity to become more "libertarian" in 3-2-1 ....

ItsTime
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I triple dog dare Glenn Beck to FAIRLY report the Chas Freeman story about the Israel Lobby subverting our Foreign Policy.

I dare you.

I would rather him understand what an earmark is first. Then he can tackle the big stuff lol

satchelmcqueen
03-11-2009, 06:53 PM

Fox is gonna have to have to give Greta's spot to Beck pretty soon. He's putting up ridiculous numbers without even having a good time slot. My dream is that he's the #1 punit in 2011, and that he officially endorses Ron Paul on his show.

And for everyone saying he's a phony, a neo-con, whatever: even if he was, you think h';s going to quit telling the truth about the economy and Washington corruption, and go back to being a neo-con and sacrifice the ratings he's getting? Doubtful!

i hope im wrong, but he will not endorse paul. if he does, ill clean your house for a year.

dr. hfn
03-11-2009, 06:57 PM
If he endorses our Liberty candidate in 2012 that would save our Republic!

He Who Pawns
03-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Hannity to become more "libertarian" in 3-2-1 ....

Exactly what I was thinking. The Shamnity producers are probably burning up the phone lines trying to book Schiff, Michael Scheuer, Tom Woods, etc. Or if they are not yet, they will be soon. ;)

Do you think it's a coincidence that neocon hacks like Michelle Malkin are all of a sudden touting Ayn Rand? :rolleyes:

sevin
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Beck...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/lol_truck.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1021)

Cowlesy
03-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Beck...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/lol_truck.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1021)

awesome!

satchelmcqueen
03-11-2009, 07:23 PM
awesome!

ha. even makes retarded sounds in my brain.

slacker921
03-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Nice. It's a good thing. It'll be even better when he finally gets what Judge Napolitano says about the Patriot Act.

Crowish
03-11-2009, 07:44 PM
ha. even makes retarded sounds in my brain.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6705/dirtyrottenscoundrels1.jpg

KCIndy
03-11-2009, 09:22 PM
No offense to all the Glenn Beck fans here...

But I'm still more than a little P.O.'ed at the shoddy treatment he gave to Ron Paul during the last election.

I would be very happy to have him turn around and embrace the Liberty movement completely... but if he does, one of the very first things he needs to do is offer a heartfelt apology to Dr. Paul.

He Who Pawns
03-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I thought he said he would vote for RP near the end of the 08 campaign? He was already changing course by the end of last year.

mstrmac1
03-11-2009, 09:38 PM
sean hannity would suck a D... for ratings! Im sorry but its true.

tonesforjonesbones
03-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Yep. Beck was turning around towards the end of the primaries..I believe he has made up for his error on Ron Paul by having him on his show so much. Fox seems to be becoming more libertarian leaning...I mean, Judge Napalitano is clearly a break from neoconservativeism. Beck is coming on board, I don't know if there is any hope for hannity and oreilly should be kicked to the curb. TONES

Paulitical Correctness
03-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Beck...

Holy shit.

MrNick
03-11-2009, 11:10 PM

I think he once called Ron Paul supporters terrorist. He will never support Ron Paul.

tremendoustie
03-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Gawd, I'm tired of this debate :(.

He's better than Hannity, I think we can all agree, so I'm glad to hear this.

He Who Pawns
03-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Yep. Beck was turning around towards the end of the primaries..I believe he has made up for his error on Ron Paul by having him on his show so much. Fox seems to be becoming more libertarian leaning...I mean, Judge Napalitano is clearly a break from neoconservativeism. Beck is coming on board, I don't know if there is any hope for hannity and oreilly should be kicked to the curb. TONES

oreilly is really becoming pretty harmless these days. he's against the war, and really has toned his act down a lot. he's just getting old and rich now. half his show these days is bantering with bombshell blondes about entertainment news or whatever.

Athan
03-12-2009, 12:08 AM
sean hannity would suck a D... for ratings! Im sorry but its true.

Why are you sorry? hannity sucks dick regularly like Rushbo smokes a cigar.

eOs
03-12-2009, 12:26 AM
How the fuck did this movement get hijacked by Glenn Beck. That's it, I'm making a poll about it.

AggieforPaul
03-12-2009, 03:03 AM
Do you guys want to expand the freedom tent and actually win a majority for once, or do you guys just want to continue being a virtual circle jerk?

thrillhouse
03-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Do you guys want to expand the freedom tent and actually win a majority for once, or do you guys just want to continue being a virtual circle jerk?

Exactly, we must be inclusive and acceptive of the other 90% of people who didnt vote for ron paul. Also, you can't go from neocon to full fledged libertarian overnight, therefore, anything moving in our direction is a plus.

MRoCkEd
03-12-2009, 10:06 AM
How the fuck did this movement get hijacked by Glenn Beck. That's it, I'm making a poll about it.
We like what he has to say about the economy.. and that's what 95% of his show his about.

voytechs
03-12-2009, 10:17 AM

I dare you.

If he mentioned anything negative about AIPAC on air, that would be the end of Glen beck show in CNN. Guaranteed.

youngbuck
03-12-2009, 10:40 AM

I dare you.

If he did that, I don't know what psychological or physiological response I would emanate.

Austin
03-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Beck only beat Hannity in views 18-24 (?), but when looking at total number of views, Hannity is still in 2nd.

Still, that is "good" news

SimpleName
03-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Really hope this trend continues. It at least shows some people are tired of the status quo, if nothing else. It'd be nice to see Beck take over the 10 o'clock slot, especially since I like to take a nap after school. Gives me something to look forward to as well. But more so, great step in the libertarian direction. Beck will push the conservative message even more if he realizes it gets him top ratings.

And yet again, there is still a long way for Beck to go. He was just kissing O'Reilly's ass, so he obviously doesn't realize the truth behind Bill's neo-con bullshit yet.

Gaius1981
03-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Beck...

Oh my God, what on earth is that supposed to mean? :confused:

dezine
03-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Glenn Beck is making a lot of good points lately. Maybe he's finding his libertarian roots but as a conservative the less we hear from Hannity the better. I can't stand that guy.

*When I say conservative I don't me a NEOconservative* Figured I'd say that so I don't get flamed. ;-)

micahnelson
03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
*When I say conservative I don't me a NEOconservative* Figured I'd say that so I don't get flamed. ;-)

Welcome. Nothing prevents flames here, dont take it personal.

Hannity is now discussing with his production crew. Here is hannitys side of the teleconference:

"Ok, so libertarians. Those are like liberals right? No? I don't get it- they both start with L. Why would they use the world Liberal, which has always been associated with big government? Hmm, well what color are they? No No, I mean on the map. We are the red team, they are the blue team. What color are libertarians? Yellow? Come on sounds like they are cowards to me. Well, yeah. I guess it could be like "Support the Troops" Yellow. I can dig that. Now explain this to me, they like guns- but often oppose war? Why? Who do they think the guns are for shooting... our government? You have to be kidding me, the founding fathers would never advocate shooting their own government- thats crazy. Well I know that, but they were fighting the British. Look, its totally different. Ok, I'm gonna wear a yellow tie on the air, and i'll tell a caller he has the "liberty" to speak his mind. That should get em."

Uriel999
03-12-2009, 10:44 PM

I dare you.

Oh snap! you went straight for the throat. Not the infamous triple dog dare! That is almost as dangerous as asking for a bb gun for Christmas!

Athan
03-12-2009, 10:51 PM

Hmm... tough choice. I got a female Ron Paul supporter working on me at the moment.

constituent
03-13-2009, 07:09 AM

yea you do.

constituent
03-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Hmm... tough choice. I got a female Ron Paul supporter working on me at the moment.

You deserve to have the shit kicked out of you.

show some f*n respect you ass clown.

mediahasyou
03-13-2009, 07:14 AM
He's neo-libertarian. But what makes his show great is the fact that he has actual libertarians as guests. You dont see that everyday in the msm.

dezine
03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
yea you do.

Just a note, you don't know my politics or who I am. ASSuming just makes you an ASS. But seriously. I'm a conservative who believes in small government, lower taxes, the constitution and more personal freedom. Other than that there are a lot of things I find myself agreeing on with Libertarians, I actually consider myself a Libertarian Conservative so I'm NOT a neoconservative.

JaylieWoW
03-13-2009, 11:06 AM
No offense to all the Glenn Beck fans here...

But I'm still more than a little P.O.'ed at the shoddy treatment he gave to Ron Paul during the last election.

I would be very happy to have him turn around and embrace the Liberty movement completely... but if he does, one of the very first things he needs to do is offer a heartfelt apology to Dr. Paul.

First let me preface this by saying I don't know, one way or another, what to make of Beck's turnaround. No doubt ratings has a great deal to do with it and certainly I too am not convinced it is sincere.

That being said, however, perhaps it is prudent to remember part of the reason we are all here talking about these things. I think one of the tasks the "R3volution" has taken upon itself is to educate our peers and fellow citizens as to the TRUE meaning of Liberty and also respect for our Constitutional Republic. So, at what point do we forgive our fellow man for his/her previous misunderstandings of these things? At what point do we allow their voices to join our own?

If Beck's ratings have been going up lately, surpassing Hannity (whom I absolutely despise), shouldn't we give some guarded slack to Beck? I find it quite encouraging Beck's ratings have gone up so much given the things he's been saying. This means that something is finally sinking in with the general populace. People ARE starting to GET it. This is an encouraging thought for me right now.

Bash Beck all you like (after all, it is your right I suppose), but also keep in mind how much he is helping air our own points AND that those same points are apparently being well received!

DAFTEK
03-13-2009, 11:08 AM
i hope im wrong, but he will not endorse paul. if he does, ill clean your house for a year.
I will clean and cook for u for a year if anyone in the Media does... :rolleyes::D