PDA

View Full Version : Get off the crack news.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Thank the Lord that reality isn't half as bad as the drama perpetuated by Hollywood. Now, if we could all just agree to quit watching and reading the national (Federal) press, then perhaps reality would really only be half as bad as depicted.

acptulsa
03-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Can't counter today's propaganda by ignoring it.

AuH20
03-11-2009, 01:52 PM
What if I like the cracked news?:D;)

http://www.cracked.com/article_17016_7-items-you-wont-believe-are-actually-legal.html

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Can't counter today's propaganda by ignoring it.

When bailed out banks are allowed to choose who gets bailed out, it no longer is a matter about earnings but about power.

I can watch the local news. The local news always shares just a smattering of the Federal . . . err . . . make that the national news. News is what caused the great depression. The first news sent everyone to take their money out of the banks. The second news told of the government saving the banks while allowing the farms to go out of business. This amounted to the government taking from the poor in order to give to the rich.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-11-2009, 02:43 PM
What if I like the cracked news?:D;)

http://www.cracked.com/article_17016_7-items-you-wont-believe-are-actually-legal.html

We shouldn't have the kind of feeble minds that seek after the temporary fix of getting high. No, our minds should always be sober because being so increases our chances of us one day finding happiness.

heavenlyboy34
03-11-2009, 02:43 PM
When bailed out banks are allowed to choose who gets bailed out, it no longer is a matter about earnings but about power.

I can watch the local news. The local news always shares just a smattering of the Federal . . . err . . . make that the national news. News is what caused the great depression. The first news sent everyone to take their money out of the banks. The second news told of the government saving the banks while allowing the farms to go out of business. This amounted to the government taking from the poor in order to give to the rich.

Not according to Rothbard. (see "What Happened To Our Money", part IV) ;)

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Not according to Rothbard. (see "What Happened To Our Money", part IV) ;)

I can understand the government saving the banks. But why would it then give them the farms? At the time the banks were saved, all transactions prior should have been nullified. But the government chose to legitimized the prior standards, which ran the banks out of business, while legitimizing a whole new set of fiscal policies. This redistributed the wealth of the poor back to the rich. As a consequence, people didn't use banks for some thirty years.

Once again, when bailed out banks are allowed to decide who gets bailed, it is no longer about what has been fairly earned but about who has the power.