PDA

View Full Version : Archie Bunker & Propaganda

diggronpaul
03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Watch how Norman Lear uses Archie Bunker to propagate propaganda and political correctness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLjNJI54GMM

First, he uses Archie to deliver a valid and important concept
Next, he humiliates and mocks Archie for his opinion
Last, he tells the public that this opinion is stupid, so don't think it either or YOU should expect the same humiliation.

PS. Notice Archie's comment about giving guns to Airline passengers.... that same opinion was stated by Ron Paul during his campaign.

Note: Norman Lear also founded and funded People for American Way (PFAW).

Dripping Rain
03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Watch how Norman Lear uses Archie Bunker to propagate propaganda and political correctness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLjNJI54GMM

Last, he tells the public that this opinion is stupid, so don't think it either or YOU should expect the same humiliation.

PS. Notice Archie's comment about giving guns to Airline passengers.... that same opinion was stated by Ron Paul during his campaign.

thanks DiggRP
exactly what I thought when I watched it.
I couldve sworn I read a comment on another website using this video to promote Gun rights. It amazes me how some people can believe what they want to believe

InterestedParticipant
03-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Very perceptive post, thanks.

This is exactly how Hollywood messes with our thinking. Who would have figured out the underlying purpose of that scene when that show was originally broadcast... no one?

It's just so subtle how they implant ideology and behavior. It's exactly what many of the Internet radio shock jocks, (that so many in this forum love and defend), are doing to listeners right now. This is why I've advocated so many times that people just turn-off media, as the manipulation is so subtle it is almost impossible to notice it.

dannno
05-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Actually Ron Paul said that the airline pilots should be able to carry guns, not the passengers.

ClayTrainor
05-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Actually Ron Paul said that the airline pilots should be able to carry guns, not the passengers.

Right, but ultimately he said it should be the airlines responsibility and not the governments.

dannno
05-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Right, but ultimately he said it should be the airlines responsibility and not the governments.

Well ya, if the airlines want to allow passengers to carry guns go for it, that wasn't his suggestion tho. He suggested allowing the airlines to decide about letting the pilots carry guns.

MsDoodahs
05-01-2009, 05:00 PM

YouTube - Archie Bunker on Gun Control (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLjNJI54GMM)

Great post!

Todd
05-01-2009, 05:04 PM
So I guess Acptulsa's idea about using Lear's Bunker format isn't such a bad idea?

MsDoodahs
05-01-2009, 05:12 PM
So I guess Acptulsa's idea about using Lear's Bunker format isn't such a bad idea?

Link, please?

:)

diggronpaul
05-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Wow, nice to see this thread get picked up again. I thought that clip was hilarious when I found it. Especially given the fact the RP had made similar statements in the campaign, and then they ran the canned laugh track in the background on him.

dannno
05-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Link, please?

:)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=190878