PDA

View Full Version : Email your State Rep about the 10th Amendment Resolution

FrankRep
03-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Click:
http://www.votervoice.net/Core.aspx?AID=972&APP=GAC&SiteID=0&IssueID=16775

Support a Tenth Amendment Resolution in Your State Legislature

In light of the staggering procession of trillion dollar bailouts, loans, stimulus packages, and federal deficits in the context of a sharp economic downturn, over 20 state legislatures are considering resolutions to affirm their sovereignty over those powers not granted to the federal government by the Constitution. Although such resolutions by themselves would not solve the problem of a federal government which dominates and bankrupts the states by ignoring the Constitution's provisions, these Tenth Amendment resolutions can serve as steppingstones to further state and federal legislation to restore the proper balance of power between the states and the federal government.

In America there are two schools of thought about the role of the federal government: (1) Congress is limited in what it undertakes by the Constitution; and (2) Congress can do whatever it wants to do. If you favor a limited federal government as prescribed by the Constitution, please help to get a Tenth Amendment resolution introduced and passed by the House and Senate of your state legislature.

Click here to view an excellent video presentation by Pennsylvania State Rep. Sam Rohrer about why Americans should support Tenth Amendment resolutions in their state legislatures.

Click here for a state-by-state status chart (which includes links to other resources to learn more about the Tenth Amendment Movement) to discover whether a Tenth Amendment resolution has been introduced in your state. Use this information to help compose an appropriate email message to your state legislators below. Here are the different situations:

* If a Tenth Amendment resolution has not been introduced in your state legislature yet, you should urge your state representative and senator (they'll both be receiving the same message from you) to introduce such a resolution. There'll be a link to Oklahoma's Tenth Amendment resolution in the pre-written message below so that your legislators will have an example of what a Tenth Amendment resolution looks like.

* If a Tenth Amendment resolution has been introduced in your state legislature, urge your state representative and senator to support its passage.

* If a Tenth Amendment resolution has been introduced and passed, let your state representative and senator know how pleased you are, and if you know how they voted, thank them or state your displeasure as appropriate.

As you are probably aware, there is a movement among state legislatures to pass "Tenth Amendment" resolutions affirming state sovereignty over those powers not granted to the federal government by the Constitution as secured by the Tenth Amendment.

Already such resolutions have been introduced in the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. In Oklahoma and South Dakota both houses of the state legislature have already passed Tenth Amendment resolutions.

Here's a link to a Tenth Amendment resolution which was passed by both houses of the Oklahoma state legislature earlier this year:
http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/2009-10bills/HB/HJR1003_ENGR.RTF

If such a resolution has not already been introduced in our state legislature, I urge you to introduce a Tenth Amendment resolution modeled after Oklahoma's.

If a Tenth Amendment resolution has already been introduced, please support its passage.

I strongly believe that it's high time to restore the balance of power between the states and the federal government as prescribed by the U.S. Constitution.

Here's a link to an excellent video by Pennsylvania State Representative Sam Rohrer in which he explains why Tenth Amendment resolutions should be introduced and passed in all state legislatures:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB03MEw2_4c

Click here:
http://www.votervoice.net/Core.aspx?AID=972&APP=GAC&SiteID=0&IssueID=16775

daddioandkzj
03-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Just sent this to my congress critters. Fortunately both are republicrats, so they might listen. I'll report back on their responses. I urge all who contact their employees in state houses to report back on the responses here.

Daddio out.

FrankRep
03-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Just sent this to my congress critters. Fortunately both are republicrats, so they might listen. I'll report back on their responses. I urge all who contact their employees in state houses to report back on the responses here.

Daddio out.

Republicans have been positive to the idea.

ryanduff
03-19-2009, 05:44 PM

Daddio out.

Heh... I laugh every time I hear "Congress Critters." Makes me think of this:

http://www.filmexpress.it/img/locandine/29923420e07340a529-Critters.jpg

Freedom614
04-02-2009, 11:51 AM
I was at the Alabama legislature yesterday (4-1-09) to speak about a different piece of legislation but I feel pretty passionate about the 10th amendment movement and decided to visit as many of the Reps on the Rules Committee as I could find. The resolution seems to have a lot of support but the chair of the committee, House Majority Leader Ken Guin, is not going to allow it on the schedule. He said “it is just a piece of feel good legislation that will just waist time and accomplish nothing if it is passed.” (The truth apparently doesn’t mean anything to this guy. Concurrent and Simple resolution accomplish practically nothing but Joint Resolutions have the force of law unless vetoed by the Governor.) I tried to contest him on his point of view but I figured out pretty quick that he is simply ideologically opposed to the movement. So because of the stupid rules in Alabama it is essentially being vetoed by the Chair of the Rules committee by not allowing it to come up. Please email and put some pressure on him to at least allow it to be discussed in committee, but he really needs to hear from some of his constituents in support of this if it is going to go anywhere.

Good news though. I talked with Sen. Scott Beason and he is planning on introducing a 10th Amendment resolution in the Senate. He is just trying to decide whether or not to go with the Canfield version of the resolution.

This is not going to happen by it self. Please e-mail, call, and visit (if possible) your legislators and specifically those on the rules committee in the House. Contact anyone you know in Ken Guin’s district and get them to do the same.

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/house/representatives/houseroster_alpha.html