PDA

View Full Version : The Walkin Platform

tangent4ronpaul
03-11-2009, 02:59 AM
PUT CONGRESS ON A LEASH
While President Bush has decided to lead by executive order, I will lead with the veto stamp and by repealing bad legislation. I'm referring to legislation that must be weighed rather than read, no legislation over 10 pages, on more than a single topic, that has not been subject to both public and congressional review and debate, and that does not contain a mandatory review and probationary period as well as a sunset provision will be signed into law.

There will be no more “pork”, “amendments” to legislation that is not related to the topic of the legislation, or that benefits a specific corporation, industry or special interest group. We need to get rid of lobbyists and kickbacks.

No legislation will be signed into law if it was not written by members of Congress, is understandable to the average person or restricts individual rights and liberties. Legislation that modify previous laws, particularly by changing wording, or that has been passed in the dead of night – all such legislation is dishonest by design and not in the interest of the citizens.

My administration will review our current laws with the intent of getting rid of the bad ones – that would be most of them.

END GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION
I will work to end corporate bribes and influence of our elected officials. Our government is supposed to represent the people, not Big Business. The people in this country have to wake up to the fact that electing corporate executives leads to representation that will look after the interests of corporations and not the citizens.

My administration will push for the rights and interests of small businesses and individual citizens.

GET THE COUNTRY OUT OF DEBT
It's time to tighten our belt and end corporate welfare. It shall be a priority of my administration to get the country out of debt. There will be no more unfunded mandates. For every dollar Congress spends, they must allocate 25 cents to pay off the debt. If there is no more money in the budget, additional spending will not be approved.

As Congress has demonstrated the responsibility of a teenager with whiskey and car keys, It's time to practice some “tough love” and put them on an allowance. Funds will be approved at no more than 1 / 12 th the yearly tax revenue per month. All government agencies will be funded on a monthly basis or not funded at all.

MAKE THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE TO THE CITIZENS AGAIN
The bills up for vote need to be given wider exposure and our elected representatives voting record needs to come to light. We need to make it easier to yank a representative that is not representing the peoples interests back from office and get someone in there that will do the job.

END ALL WARS ON CONCEPTS
We had a war on alcohol (called prohibition) , it failed miserably.
We had a war on Poverty and we got more poverty.
We had a war on drugs, and drug use increased.
We had a war on crime, and got more crime.
Now we have a war on terrorism and we have more terrorism.

With every “war”, we got more laws, the federal government got more bloated and powerful and citizens were robbed of their civil rights. It's time to roll that back and return to a free country where the government is accountable to the citizens.

REVIVE THE ECONOMY AND DUMP TRADE AGREEMENTS
NAFTA, CAFTA, etc have stripped our country of manufacturing and jobs while promising the opposite. In every case they have failed miserably. Our economy and the welfare of our citizens are the only losers here.

Lets level the playing field. If a company wants to use foreign labor or manufacturing, make them match the pay of US workers and abide to all the laws and regulations as if they were operating within our shores. Lets remove the tax incentives to moving jobs overseas and the other financial advantages of lower operating costs.

REFORM TAXATION
As Americans we are taxed at a higher level than we realize. Everything we buy has hidden taxes. Gas taxes, telephone taxes, public utility taxes... Taxation should be in the open and not piecemeal. This whole system needs to be reformed.

The federal government made a huge power grab with the passage of the Interstate Transportation Act. Since then, it has gotten into the affairs of states to an ever increasing amount and made the states dependent. State control of the federal government was a critical safeguard our founding fathers put into the Constitution and the country has been going downhill every since is was subverted. States should collect taxes for their area and be responsible for highways and everything else, while the federal government should limit itself to things national and international – as it was intended. Lets get the bulk of the taxes at the state level and let the federal government tax a minimal amount, if at all. Make the Federal government dependent on the states, once again.

FIX THE ELECTORAL PROCESS
All candidates should get equal time and no more. Control of the media has resulted in only the blessed being given a shot at winning office. This system is corrupt and needs to be fixed.

MEDIA
Too few corporations own most of the media in this country. That means they control what you know and what information you are exposed to. This practice needs to end.

ENERGY
The countries energy policies are corrupt. Once we had a push for ethanol, local production was encouraged. No more. Now the regulations and taxes leave all but the Big Corporations out of the picture. Look at wind energy. Are we promoting decentralized energy production? - no. The only alternatives being considered are huge wind farms, owned by – you guessed it – major corporations. If we are to fix the energy problems in this country, it's got to be done by the grass roots. The common citizens.

END ILLEGAL MONOPOLIES
The above example is a classic example. Another is the monopoly on pharmaceutical production the drug companies have in this country. Many foreign drugs are just as good as US made drugs, but they are not “blessed”. This is why Americans pay more than anyone else in the world for health care and in particular, drugs. Drug costs are the highest percent of health care costs and the reasons so many in this country have to go without it. This situation needs to be fixed.

In short, the paper shredder shall be my favorite tool to return this country to it's once great standing. Wake up and smell the burning embers of tyranny! Vote Walkin!

GunnyFreedom
03-11-2009, 03:28 AM
haha - I saw the title of the thread, and I thought "Steven King, the Walkin man" (The Stand, the Dark Tower series etc) and does Satan's acolyte have a platform? ;)

I'll use this blurb to subscribe to the thread and read it when I have more time. :)

tangent4ronpaul
03-11-2009, 03:35 AM
OK - I should come clean about the above post...

It was a spoof political platform for Christopher Walkins (the actor) for prez and accompanied a web site promoting him for the 2004 elections. Roughly 98% of the talking points are mine. In fact, I recognize a number of direct quotes of mine from material I have posted over the years. In one case I recognize a direct quote of a reply to one of my posts.

I don't know who did this - but I LIKE IT!

Christopher Walkin is aware of the spoof campaign and has made public statements that he has no interest in pursuing a career in politics.

My point being that I have gotten a 100% positive reaction to my "How to Fix the Country" posts as this spoof has. We need to promote this as a political platform for our candidates.

What say people here?

-t

tangent4ronpaul
03-11-2009, 09:36 AM
blimp!

tangent4ronpaul
03-11-2009, 11:28 AM
shameless blimp!

-t

trey4sports
03-11-2009, 12:00 PM
i like everything except the economic protectionism

tangent4ronpaul
03-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Any other comments?

How can we best push this platform (if you agree with it) and if not, why not?

-t