PDA

View Full Version : Dodd in trouble in CT

MCockerill08
03-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Quinnipiac. 3/3-3/8. Registered voters. MoE 3.9%. (No trend lines)

Rob Simmons (R) 43
Chris Dodd (D-inc) 42

Chris Dodd (D-inc) 46
Larry Kudlow (R) 34

I saw this story at (yes I know, gross) dailykos. Still, if Peter saw these numbers perhaps he'd be more likely to run.... I think the Revolution can get him the GOP nomination!

Austin
03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Quinnipiac. 3/3-3/8. Registered voters. MoE 3.9%. (No trend lines)

Rob Simmons (R) 43
Chris Dodd (D-inc) 42

Chris Dodd (D-inc) 46
Larry Kudlow (R) 34

I saw this story at (yes I know, gross) dailykos. Still, if Peter saw these numbers perhaps he'd be more likely to run.... I think the Revolution can get him the GOP nomination!

Schiff can win..

By the way, is your name Matt?

MCockerill08
03-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Schiff can win..

By the way, is your name Matt?

yessir

He Who Pawns
03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
While I love Ron and fully supported him in 08, I always knew he would never win.

With Schiff, I really think he could. Especially if the economy is in shambles by the time of the election.

ItsTime
03-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Schiff would have to run as a R. If he ran as an I he would just hand Dodd a re-election.

He Who Pawns
03-11-2009, 06:59 PM
He's already said he would run R, never third party or indie.

MCockerill08
03-11-2009, 07:18 PM
While I love Ron and fully supported him in 08, I always knew he would never win.

With Schiff, I really think he could. Especially if the economy is in shambles by the time of the election.

The thing is, Schiff would take office January 2011. The 2012 race essentially starts in FEB 2011. Schiff needs to be a senator for a bit before running, doesn't he?

Of course I'd vote for him over the current inflation-and-death cult, but wouldn't that be a common criticism?

He Who Pawns
03-11-2009, 08:14 PM
I didn't mean Schiff for president. I was only talking about Senate.

Austin
03-11-2009, 10:18 PM
yessir

Are you high on liberty?

;)

MCockerill08
03-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Are you high on liberty?

;)

fo sho. I've been high on liberty since I quit drugs. :}

He Who Pawns
03-13-2009, 11:40 AM
BTW, Schiff is starting to sound more and more positive on this senate run. On his Wednesday radio show, he was basically saying that he is considering it but doesn't need to rush the decision. He said he's watching to see how things play out. Definitely sounds more interested than ever.

Austin
03-13-2009, 12:23 PM
BTW, Schiff is starting to sound more and more positive on this senate run. On his Wednesday radio show, he was basically saying that he is considering it but doesn't need to rush the decision. He said he's watching to see how things play out. Definitely sounds more interested than ever.

Does he archive his shows on his site? I'd like to hear exactly what he said..

He Who Pawns
03-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Here is the archive. It's an awesome resource, because even Schiff's older shows are fun to listen to. He's been saying the same thing for ages, and is nearly always right.

http://www.europac.net/radioshow_archives.asp

There is a podcast link there too.

MCockerill08
03-15-2009, 01:37 AM

Peter needs to know that if he runs, that he can win. I believe that with his high name recognition, Dodd's unpopularity, the "mainstream," GOP's repudiation by the populace, and the momentum of the Revolution, that he can and will! :)

Bradley in DC
03-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Peter needs to know that if he runs, that he can win. I believe that with his high name recognition

High name recognition--what are the numbers?

Austin
03-15-2009, 11:45 AM

I don't think he actually has any evidence of high name recognition. He is probably referring to his exposure in the media, which may or may not translate to high name recognition.

MCockerill08
03-15-2009, 04:20 PM

I don't have numbers, but I'm sure he has much higher name rec that a BJ Lawson or Murray Sabrin with all his (contrarian and memorable) MSM appearances.

Imperial
03-15-2009, 06:26 PM
I heard Simmons, the Republican who was ousted from his congressional seat this year(the last in New England) is at a 43%-42% against Dodd.

Haven't seen numbers on Kudlow. There are other contenders too, but Simmons is the most likely.

He Who Pawns
03-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Money = Name Recognition.

HOLLYWOOD
03-16-2009, 11:59 AM
How this Man Chris Dodd has Dodged the FBI, US Marshalls with his Fraud, Bribes, and Schemes is beyond me. Maybe ALL of the judicial branch is a corrupt and Senator Chris Dodd.

Dodd is beggin to turn the economy around so his wealthy coffers bring in those camapign donations to fool the people once again.

Connecticut Ignorance, it's about time... how much you wanta bet is Dodd isn't reelected, he'll be appointed to an executive position at a financial frim? Can you say REWARD or Conflict of Interest?