PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Cavuto 3-10-09

mello
03-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Dr. Paul will appear on Your World w/ Neil Cavuto today around 4:08 pm eastern to discuss the budget and the accompanying earmark issue.

ClayTrainor
03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
youtubers get ready :cool:

MRoCkEd
03-10-2009, 01:20 PM
I hope he can properly defend his position.

He Who Pawns
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
toob...

Kotin
03-10-2009, 01:40 PM
show just started..

if this turns into a classic Faux hit piece, I am going to be pissed..

MRoCkEd
03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
still not on..

mrchubbs
03-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Has he been on yet?

MRoCkEd
03-10-2009, 02:03 PM
nope

Redmenace
03-10-2009, 02:06 PM
All they are talking about is the Burnie Madoff plea deal. They must have bumped Dr. Paul either to a later time or off completely.

http://www.blinkotv.com/ has a live stream of Fox News.

Kotin
03-10-2009, 02:07 PM
on now.

MRoCkEd
03-10-2009, 02:11 PM
He was repeating himself a lot

He Who Pawns
03-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Wow, just like I predicted, that was a completely counter-productive and useless appearance by Ron Paul. Why would he agree to come onto the show to discuss this nonsense???

Kotin
03-10-2009, 02:13 PM
I think he defended himself quite well..

ItsTime
03-10-2009, 02:14 PM
He was repeating himself a lot

Because it is a simple concept that people dont understand.

Join The Paul Side
03-10-2009, 02:15 PM
I think he defended himself quite well..

He could have done better IMO, but not bad though. I think Neil came off more like a prick and wouldn't let him explain in detail without cutting him off. Fuck Fox.

Kevin_Kennedy
03-10-2009, 02:16 PM
At least he got the point across that the money gets spent regardless, but I don't think he made the point clearly enough that people should see some kind of benefit from their tax dollars.

Kotin
03-10-2009, 02:16 PM
He could have done better IMO, but no bad though. I think Neil came off more like a prick. Fuck Fox.

+1...

they should have him on talking about the FED not about something that is meant to pigeonhole the Good Doctor.

Join The Paul Side
03-10-2009, 02:17 PM
At least he got the point across that the money gets spent regardless, but I don't think he made the point clearly enough that people should see some kind of benefit from their tax dollars.

Because that fat fuck kept cutting Ron off. :mad:

He Who Pawns
03-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Why would he even accept an invitation for this crap?

All he has to say is this: "I don't agree that federal government should be spending this money, so I vote against all of it, period. End of story." And then talk about something useful.

Paulitical Correctness
03-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Should we email the hell out of Cavuto 2008 style?

BarryDonegan
03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
no need to draw attention to this. cavuto believes earmarks are a problem and he is using his media position to hold someones feet to the fire on it. that person happens to be ron paul. ron paul has made a decision regarding earmarks, and i support it as his decision. its not my favorite decision of his, nor many of his supporters favorite position. lets not draw attention to it by contesting it.

cavuto is usually pretty good to ron paul, lets not destroy a contact.

TruthisTreason
03-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Who exactly picks what earmarks are included in what bill? :confused:

LibertyEagle
03-10-2009, 02:27 PM

No. All in all, Cavuto has given Ron quite a bit of airtime. if we emailed him about anything, it would be to nicely, clearly, and succinctly explain the whole deal about earmarks to him.

Kotin
03-10-2009, 02:28 PM

I am so down with that.

ItsTime
03-10-2009, 02:29 PM
It is pretty simple is. Fox wants to keep up the wars. So they attack earmarks to distract from the massive amounts spent in military industrial complex.

And dont email him. Cavuto have given Paul a lot of GOOD air time.

newbitech
03-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Ron Paul did not vote for the bill, but because he knows that everyone else will he decides to participate. If every Congressman conducted their duties as Ron Paul does, this would not be a conversation or news item.

I don't understand why Ron Paul continues to go on shows defending himself like this. All he needs to say is "scoreboard" and point to his voting record. End of discussion.

Kevin_Kennedy
03-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Only if you intend to re-affirm the point that the earmark money will be spent regardless, and that people getting their tax dollars back in some form isn't terrible. Also talk about how the earmark issue is only clouding the fact that we waste far too much money in the first place.

Paulitical Correctness
03-10-2009, 02:32 PM
to nicely, clearly, and succinctly explain the whole deal about earmarks to him.

This is what I meant.

Educate him, do not berate him.

Join The Paul Side
03-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Why would he even accept an invitation for this crap?

All he has to say is this: "I don't agree that federal government should be spending this money, so I vote against all of it, period. End of story." And then talk about something useful.

I wish that's what he did say. Regardless the damage is done.

Fox ran their skit advertising the interview during commercial breaks dozens of times during the last 36 hours.

In that skit they called him a Porker. They adverised him to be a hypocrite. Out the millions that saw the skits, maybe a couple hundred thousand people actually watched the interview.

What Fox did was intentional and clearly a nefarious attempt to brainwash their viewers into thinking Ron is a lunatic.

Welcome back Fox. Fuck them all the way.

He Who Pawns
03-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Ron needs to get some better media advisers. This was a disaster.

Cowlesy
03-10-2009, 02:39 PM
no need to draw attention to this. Cavuto believes earmarks are a problem and he is using his media position to hold someones feet to the fire on it. That person happens to be ron paul. Ron paul has made a decision regarding earmarks, and i support it as his decision. Its not my favorite decision of his, nor many of his supporters favorite position. Lets not draw attention to it by contesting it.

Cavuto is usually pretty good to ron paul, lets not destroy a contact.

+100

Cowlesy
03-10-2009, 02:40 PM
No. All in all, Cavuto has given Ron quite a bit of airtime. if we emailed him about anything, it would be to nicely, clearly, and succinctly explain the whole deal about earmarks to him.

His stance on earmarks is clearly articulated somewhere on his website. Rachel would have the link to it.

ladyjade3
03-10-2009, 02:41 PM
:rolleyes::(

Join The Paul Side
03-10-2009, 02:44 PM

I agree. Nothing good came from this. The Mainstream Media have been demonizing earmarks for months now as an abomination in legislation.

The factthat they have successfully associated Ron with earmarks is indeed damaging. It didn't help to have Ron on TV saying we should earmark more. Neil wouldn't give him time to clarify and was happy to have Ron in a Gotcha moment.

ladyjade3
03-10-2009, 02:48 PM
His stance on earmarks is clearly articulated somewhere on his website. Rachel would have the link to it.

Glad you brought this up. His floor speech on it from TODAY is up at www.house.gov/paul

No regrets about doing this interview, either. He's eager to explain and defend his position. Not everyone is ready to hear and understand the truth. They just enjoy fomenting about egregious examples of waste, which there are, no doubt. But many pundits are being disingenuous about the issue and taking a cheap opportunity to grandstand.

ClayTrainor
03-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Get ready for the obamabots to make this a digg on the front page.

"Ron Paul Wants More Earmarks"

We have to assault the comments early on, when that digg goes live ;)

specsaregood
03-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I still say he needs to get some big colorful flash cards with cartoon characters, designed for school children and show those on the screen as he is explaining the issue. He needs to be told, "Explain it to them like they are all 8 year olds".

ladyjade3
03-10-2009, 02:51 PM
I agree. Nothing good came from this. The Mainstream Media have been demonizing earmarks for months now as an abomination in legislation.

The factthat they have successfully associated Ron with earmarks is indeed damaging. It didn't help to have Ron on TV saying we should earmark more. Neil wouldn't give him time to clarify and was happy to have Ron in a Gotcha moment.

Being against the war has been an unpopular position too, but he will stand up for what he thinks is right, and tell you why. This, like his foreign policy positions, is just a matter of education.

TruthisTreason
03-10-2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoD5Yk1imBk

Chiznaddy
03-10-2009, 02:52 PM
You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoD5Yk1imBk

Join The Paul Side
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Being against the war has been an unpopular position too, but he will stand up for what he thinks is right, and tell you why. This, like his foreign policy positions, is just a matter of education.

I agree. But it's an uphill battle. The MSM (both right and left media) have been brainwashing the public for months about how evil and wasteful earmarks are. They even have a name for it: Pork.

Now people everywhere are complaining about Pork in all the bills. You really think they're gonna hear when we come preaching that earmarks can be OK? :rolleyes:

ClayTrainor
03-10-2009, 02:56 PM
You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoD5Yk1imBk

You guys are nuts... Ron Paul did a great job!!!!

:cool:

Rangeley
03-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Get ready for the obamabots to make this a digg on the front page.

"Ron Paul Wants More Earmarks"

We have to assault the comments early on, when that digg goes live ;)
They can't do that when someone else (not me) submits it before them with a different title ;)

http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Slams_Cavuto_on_Earmarks_3_10_2009

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-10-2009, 03:00 PM
ron paul needs to use metaphors

ladyjade3
03-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I agree. But it's an uphill battle. The MSM (both right and left media) have been brainwashing the public for months about how evil and wasteful earmarks are. They even have a name for it: Pork.

Now people everywhere are complaining about Pork in all the bills. You really think they're gonna hear when we come preaching that earmarks can be OK? :rolleyes:

Ron Paul LOVES an uphill battle. :p

angelatc
03-10-2009, 03:03 PM

It's actually 2007 style.

ClayTrainor
03-10-2009, 03:04 PM
They can't do that when someone else submits it before them with a different title ;)

Hell Yea :cool:

dugg, shouted and commented

devil21
03-10-2009, 03:11 PM
I thought he did pretty well explaining it. Whether the sheep understand it is a different story. Others are correct that it's an uphill battle trying to undo what the MSM has worked so hard to do. 95% of casual watchers have no clue what an earmark really is and that's completely intentional.

Bman
03-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Glad you brought this up. His floor speech on it from TODAY is up at www.house.gov/paul

No regrets about doing this interview, either. He's eager to explain and defend his position. Not everyone is ready to hear and understand the truth. They just enjoy fomenting about egregious examples of waste, which there are, no doubt. But many pundits are being disingenuous about the issue and taking a cheap opportunity to grandstand.

I think he did a good job explaining his position.

A word he should use readily in these type of interviews is transparency.

People want regulation well there it is.
This is exactly what the money must be spent on.

He Who Pawns
03-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Hell Yea :cool:

dugg, shouted and commented

Buried. This should not be promoted, even pre-emptively.

Ninja Homer
03-10-2009, 03:23 PM
He did all right, but most people aren't going to completely understand it. He really needs to come out shooting with something like, "earmarks and pork are NOT the same thing, that's just a lie that the media perpetuates."

Join The Paul Side
03-10-2009, 03:28 PM

:o

Join The Paul Side
03-10-2009, 03:29 PM
They can't do that when someone else (not me) submits it before them with a different title ;)

Good job ! :)

specsaregood
03-10-2009, 03:32 PM

Cavuto was right though, it is "like having his cake and eating it too."
Not that there is anything with that, I like cake.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Cavuto was right though, it is "like having his cake and eating it too."
Not that there is anything with that, I like cake.

do we still not understand this whole thing???

1.governement takes your cake
2.you'll starve without cake
3.government intends to redistribute
4.Paul votes no on the whole process, but yes to get a piece of your cake back to you. otherwise you'd go cakeless and other people would eat your cake

specsaregood
03-10-2009, 03:39 PM
do we still not understand this whole thing???

1.governement takes your cake
2.you'll starve without cake
3.government intends to redistribute
4.Paul votes no on the whole process, but yes to get a piece of your cake back to you. otherwise you'd go cakeless and other people would eat your cake

I've understood it for quite a while, thanks.
Cake = getting to stand up for his principles and vote against it.
Eating it too = gets the money for his constituents when the other robbing bastards vote for it.

Yeah, that fits.

tnvoter
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
I thought it went fairly well, Cavuto wasn't really on the attack and had to agree with Paul several times.

As long as there are still people who don't even understand what an earmark is, LET ALONE HOW A BUDGET WORKS, Ron needs to be out there preaching it!

At least he might be encourage people to think about ita bit more, wake up the reasonable listeners out there.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I've understood it for quite a while, thanks.
Cake = getting to stand up for his principles and vote against it.
Eating it too = gets the money for his constituents when the other robbing bastards vote for it.

Yeah, that fits.

i thought you meant (as well as what Covuto meant) that Paul is basically a liar.

RonPaulVolunteer
03-10-2009, 04:21 PM
I sure hope it's not being lost on everyone that the mere fact that Ron Paul is being taken to task over this is absolutely fabulous. They aren't ignoring him. They see him as a real threat and are trying to discredit him. I believe this in and of itself is a clear sign that 2012 is looking good.

Cowlesy
03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I thought Cavuto went light on him actually.

Not sure what I think about his answers....

ClayTrainor
03-10-2009, 05:17 PM
I sure hope it's not being lost on everyone that the mere fact that Ron Paul is being taken to task over this is absolutely fabulous. They aren't ignoring him. They see him as a real threat and are trying to discredit him. I believe this in and of itself is a clear sign that 2012 is looking good.

Qft!!!!!!!

reagle
03-10-2009, 05:32 PM
i sure hope it's not being lost on everyone that the mere fact that ron paul is being taken to task over this is absolutely fabulous. They aren't ignoring him. They see him as a real threat and are trying to discredit him. I believe this in and of itself is a clear sign that 2012 is looking good.

+1776

Spirit of '76
03-10-2009, 05:45 PM
I thought Cavuto went light on him actually.

Yeah, I think Cavuto was trying to give him a chance.

Omphfullas Zamboni
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
He should have said that earmarks that do not add to the spending, only delegate the responsibility to the Congress, as opposed to the executive branch. Earmarks do not increase spending by $1. People don't know. The viewing audience is uninformed.

specsaregood
03-10-2009, 05:48 PM
He should have said that earmarks that do not add to the spending, only delegate the responsibility to the Congress, as opposed to the executive branch. Earmarks do not increase spending by $1. People don't know. The viewing audience is uninformed.

Uhm, he said pretty much all that. Maybe not as concisely, but he covered all those points.

rckt24
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Uhm, he said pretty much all that. Maybe not as concisely, but he covered all those points.

He said it but didn't stress it enough for the average person. He was trying to take on too much in this interview by trying to redefine earmarks and explaining why they are good but he was still right in everything that he said.

extrmmxer
03-10-2009, 06:51 PM
He explains earmarks again here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq_5H1XKVww

A. Havnes
03-10-2009, 07:01 PM
They shouldn't have cut him off. However, I think it should have been made clear in this interview that earmarks do not equal new spending.

bubbleboy
03-10-2009, 07:04 PM
stop posting these Ron Paul videos already, :D I'm tingling all over.

zach
03-10-2009, 07:14 PM
at least they're not ignoring him.

Just as RPV said, they see him as something to contend with, so they have to try and take him head on. if they didn't see him as a threat, they wouldn't allow him to defend himself.

it's a game.

RonPaulVolunteer
03-10-2009, 09:37 PM
but WHERE is the YT?

Scott38
03-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Funny how we've been conditioned to hate earmarks....ITS OUR MONEY....IT SHOULD COME BACK TO US!!!

I wish it was 99% of the budget...imagine how many jobs that would create in local districts.

This really hit me from this video....they are laughing at us because we are complaining about getting our money back...we are now saying...I mean yelling at them to keep it!

On another note...Neil was a dick and a rookie...I guess the Fox news reporter who trips up Ron gets a gold medal or gets to sleep with the owner. LOL

Scott