PDA

View Full Version : Did Ron Paul movement take advantage of the antiwar protest in Washington DC?

Akus
09-16-2007, 03:45 AM
I have just read that a GIANT protest was organized in the capitol. The ANSWER, the activist group that coordinated this, said that there were 100000 people present. Exagerrated number or not, that is a lot of people potentiall unaware of Ron.

derdy
09-16-2007, 04:27 AM
We joined forces with an anti-war protest up the street from our base camp for another event. The anti-war group just happened to be meeting right up the street from our meetup base-camp. Apparently, they meetup the first Saturday of every month. It was REALLY cool though. They were set up at really high traffic intersection and we painted a Ron Paul anti-Iraq War sign at base and then headed up to the intersection and did our thing. The anti-war group was pretty interesting. :D

There were dudes with army boots on and military fatigues, but they were definitely non-miliary people. One chick kept coming up to Robo-Brandon (I call him Robo Brandon because he is a Ron Paul materials-distribution-machine) and asking us if the police were there because of us? ahahahaha Yea, the cops infiltrated our meetup group, got on our email distribution list, and then figured we were a huge threat, considering, it's hard to get even ten people together at once! :rolleyes:

Hmmmm maybe it was because she distributes flyers by hand in St. Louis and they have a protest the first Saturday of every month?!

Yeah, so we distributed literature and what not to the anti-war folk. The aforementioned guys with fatigues on wanted to know all kinds of stupid crap, such as, "What did Ron Paul's dad do?", "What's his family history like?"

I just told them he has 18 grandkids and celebrated his 50th anniversary with his wife. I"m not sure what was with the questioning of his family was all about, since when you're a public official, none of that shit matters, it's all about your voting record of which Dr. Paul's is pristine.

Lol This one chick said there were some things she didn't like about Ron Paul and if she had the opportunity to vote for a woman she would. :rolleyes:

Yeah, might as well reserve a VIP spot at the intersection because Hitlery is more of the same.

She seemed lost when i started talking about the 10th amendment. That right there told me why she would vote for Hillary: she doesn't understand the Constitution.

IN RON WE TRUST

Akus
09-16-2007, 04:33 AM
I thought ant-war people were a bit more educated than that. I thought only gung-ho prowar crowd were closed minded.

derdy
09-16-2007, 04:40 AM
I thought ant-war people were a bit more educated than that. I thought only gung-ho prowar crowd were closed minded.

Hahaha, best relieve yourself of that assumption! It wasn't a pretty picture!

The best one-liner I had (according to one of the guys in fatigues and an average Joe at the event we attended later) was, "Once people can't afford cable, there will be a revolution in the streets."

Obviously, my converstation was alluding to stagnation, the disparity of income between CEOs and the people they employ, and the mortgage meltdown crisis.

A lot of anti-war folk aren't very informed. I covered HR 666, to the economy, to monterary policy, to 9/11, to foreign policy and the history of such, etc etc.... I talked a lot today.

;)

IN RON WE TRUST!

ItsTime
09-16-2007, 05:53 AM
we cant forget that some of the anti-war people are just as brainwashed as the pro-war neo-cons.

libertarian4321
09-16-2007, 06:16 AM
Obviously, my converstation was alluding to stagnation, the disparity of income between CEOs and the people they employ, and the mortgage meltdown crisis.

A lot of anti-war folk aren't very informed. I covered HR 666, to the economy, to monterary policy, to 9/11, to foreign policy and the history of such, etc etc.... I talked a lot today.

IN RON WE TRUST!

When trying to bring Ron Paul to people's attention, you need to target THEIR interests, not YOURS.

Answer the following: A group of anti war protesters is most likely to be drawn to Ron Paul's message on:

A) fiscal policy
B) monetary policy
C) the economy
D) ending the war

If you answered D, you are a winner!

Look, you need to focus on what THEY are interested in. It doesn't matter that you think Ron Paul's stance on Monetary policy is the coolest thing since since sliced bread was invented.

If you have are talking to a rabid anti war type, a lecture on the gold standard probably isn't your best way of getting his attention. You should hammer home Ron Paul's FOREIGN POLICY and anti war stance ALL DAY LONG at an anti war rally!

Once you have their attention by talking about what THEY are interested in, you might bring up some of the other topics CAREFULLY- if you start talking about the gold standard or the CFR and their eyes start glazing over, STOP- the idea is not to impress them with your brilliance. Stop and go back to hammering home the war issue.

I went to a small anti war protest across the street from the Texas straw poll- talked to a bunch of people, I started out by talking about Ron Paul's stance on the war, then I talked about the war some more, and finished by talking about the war. You'd be amazed at the response I got at the anti war protest when I talked about the war. At the end, I'd thank them for the conversation and hand them a slim jim so they could explore Ron's other ideas.

Next month I'm planning on going to a gun show. I'll be wearing my NRA cap, and my conversation opener will NOT be "the war" at that event, I guarantee it (come off too "anti war" at a gun show and you might get knifed, lol)- it'll be Ron Paul's support for the Constitution and the second amendment.

constituent
09-16-2007, 06:49 AM
There were dudes with army boots on and military fatigues, but they were definitely non-miliary people. One chick kept coming up to Robo-Brandon (I call him Robo Brandon because he is a Ron Paul materials-distribution-machine) and asking us if the police were there because of us? ahahahaha Yea, the cops infiltrated our meetup group, got on our email distribution list, and then figured we were a huge threat, considering, it's hard to get even ten people together at once! :rolleyes:

Hmmmm maybe it was because she distributes flyers by hand in St. Louis and they have a protest the first Saturday of every month?!

You got your first lesson in the timeless series, "Spotting the Cop 101: Smeller's the Feller."

ButchHowdy
09-16-2007, 06:58 AM
When trying to bring Ron Paul to people's attention, you need to target THEIR interests, not YOURS.

Answer the following: A group of anti war protesters is most likely to be drawn to Ron Paul's message on:

A) fiscal policy
B) monetary policy
C) the economy
D) ending the war

If you answered D, you are a winner!

THIS IS EXCELLENT!

I've been brainstorming on ways to train ourselves on responding properly to different people's hot spots.

An essay is BORING

A tree chart is BORING

But, a multiple choice test may hone the skills of many! How can we begin?

Alabama Supporter
09-16-2007, 07:23 AM
The first picture is of RP supporters at the rally. I suppose we can't win over the "warmonger" vote, so lets win the peace vote.

http://victorycaucus.com/Latest/Victory_Caucus_meets_Gathering_of_Eagles.htm

Hurricane Bruiser
09-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Well there are some people FOR the war that are also Ron Paul supporters.